darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 16 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#751 Posted: 14:10:06 03/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
The fact the Darkness is now embodied is some way is pure awesomeness.

A great development in the lore.

But then you wonder; it's speculated in the books to have been something the Ancients created or found,but it was never more than some strange hive mind matter from the Dark element(it's not THE element,in TT 3DS it's shown trying to attack Dark element stuff). Did it hide its mind for millenia and now feels like the gloves are off, or did it get it from somewhere?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#752 Posted: 14:10:56 03/06/2015
Does anyone else think that the doom station may just be a more powerful robotic version of Kaos' evil floating head from the first game? We know it is a giant head so..............
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#753 Posted: 14:11:38 03/06/2015
Quote: Medicus
Does anyone else think that the doom station may just be a more powerful robotic version of Kaos' evil floating head from the first game? We know it is a giant head so..............

We do? In the HDRoom article and the Family Gamer videos it was just said to eat the clouds, not exactly what it was.
---
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#754 Posted: 14:12:56 03/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost

We do? In the HDRoom article and the Family Gamer videos it was just said to eat the clouds, not exactly what it was.

Did you watch the Skylander boy and girl vids? I may be wrong but I think Lou said it was a head....
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
KoalaTart Green Sparx Gems: 449
#755 Posted: 14:13:43 03/06/2015
It is confirmed on the SkylanderBoy andGirl youtube video while Lou is surprising the kids with superchargers.
---
WARNING: TOP SECRET SKYLANDERS STUFF: WARNING
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#756 Posted: 14:13:58 03/06/2015
(Faints)
---
Spread those positive vibes
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#757 Posted: 14:14:01 03/06/2015
Maybe Kaos has found out how to use his powers from inside the trap! Maybe he never broke out and the Darkness has created him a way to function within the trap! Maybe I am just in the mood for saying a lot of maybes today!
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#758 Posted: 14:14:33 03/06/2015

Nope, no patience or time for them(actually I think I might have to leave for a bit soon). Only what I mentioned plus what I can find here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:58 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
#759 Posted: 14:15:13 03/06/2015
All of this anticipation is making me hungry.
---
smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#760 Posted: 14:15:47 03/06/2015
I would like to point out that the FAQ on the website said twenty NEW characters to collect, possibly not referring to the reposes despite gaining new outfits and attacks.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#761 Posted: 14:17:33 03/06/2015
Well it didn't mention reposes otherwise so I'm assuming that they are included in the "new characters." My guess is that there will be one new SuperCharger of each element and one returning core of each element.
---
smilie smilie
#762 Posted: 14:18:15 03/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
I would like to point out that the FAQ on the website said twenty NEW characters to collect, possibly not referring to the reposes despite gaining new outfits and attacks.

That's actually true, because there are 20 vehicles. Unless they have their own despite being existing characters. Hard to tell with Jet-Vac riding an unknown airship on the box.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:19:04 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
#763 Posted: 14:18:19 03/06/2015
Plus one vehicle for all 20 of the new Skylanders.
---
smilie smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#764 Posted: 14:18:45 03/06/2015
I realized that this will probably SAVE me a lot of money. I mean it seems like there are 3 classes of vehicles to get. I sure in heck won't buy all 20 and 3 isn't that bad to buy if they are $15 or under. They didn't seem that large nor that well made, so they cannot be too expensive, right?

Also, I mostly buy female characters and we know three already. Stealth Elf comes in pack which means one less figure to buy. Bird Girl (forgot her name) is ok but I don't care much for Avians. Goat Girl seems a little ugly and I'm uncertain about her. I'm assuming there will be at least two more, probably a Whirlwind which I can leave as I don't care much for dragons either. So it is very likely that I will end up buying only one additional Skylander this time around instead of my usual 10 to 15 extras.

I am highly surprised that they are making a Wii version as it's a dead system. Obviously the core of their buyers are Wii users that refuses to upgrade to a newer system. It could be a new record for a release by major company for a dead system (Japanese Dreamcast games doesn't count as of course as they still make games for that).

I wonder if it's going to be drastically different and a total new game like the 3DS? If so, then that's THREE games I'll end up buying. That's honestly ok as they tend to go down to $35 for Thanksgiving and I'm not in a rush to get any of these because the racing aspects really turn me off. I mean I can tolerate them, but I'm not exactly a fan either.

So yeah, in theory I'll probably end up paying about $150 in total? The three games (on sale of course), two additional cars to unlock gates and probably one or two additional Skylanders. I probably won't bother with any expansion packs this year as they are really worth $25 a level to me anymore and I rarely care about the figures that they come with.

I do wonder...will the old style gameplay be reduced by about 50% to make up for all the racing? Well they had to cut it down as Swap Force was horribly long, but I'm thinking we'll probably end up with like 10 short stages to make up for all this new "innovation".

Also, it was a little obviously last year that they wanted to scale back on the figure releases and this year is it flat out obvious! The vehicles are the gimmick-landers and they eat up half of the release roster. The cores are the SuperChargers (even though I'll wager anything that they won't be priced as such). The 10 new and 10 old split is basically what was done with Trap Team, when you take away the minis and crystal masters.

This time around, it seems like a really minimal release but realistically as the Skylander franchise is probably winding down and not generating enough money to make a huge cast of characters anymore, including Lightcores and minis. Honestly I welcome it as I cannot really afford spending close to $1000 a year on a game franchise.
---
Stay Cool!
#765 Posted: 14:21:30 03/06/2015
Maybe this means they're actually considering less toys and more gameplay like we suggested a few times. They don't need to axe the concept entirely,it's what MAKES the franchise,but a break every now and then is variety they need to get poorer/disinterested gamers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:45 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#766 Posted: 14:26:05 03/06/2015
Do we know if one vehicle of a type covers all zones of that type? For example, if you get the boat in the cover logo art then can you do any water zone, even underwater? Maybe 3 vehicles will cover it, but maybe not?

I'm very happy with the apparent balance of money grab vs. game quantity. Last year really got greedy on the plastic side, IMHO.

EDIT: Also, if the Wii version is the same as the 3DS game, that's fine by me! I like playing both games each year, but I'd rather play on the TV than 3DS screen. I have enough other 3DS games for when I'm actually out and need portability. So, if this holds true, I'll get the Wii version to play on my Wii U and the PS4 pack for the main game.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:16 03/06/2015 by AzureStarline
#767 Posted: 14:28:25 03/06/2015
Hey guys if you haven't noticed then dark just made a SuperChargers page. He also moved the Skylanders games to the left side of the games list. Just btw
---
smilie smilie
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#768 Posted: 14:28:31 03/06/2015
There are a few more in the official trailer:

#769 Posted: 14:32:17 03/06/2015
Yes,there's a look at the boat goat ingame and a dragonfly-like helicopter, plus the skeleton buggy from screenshots.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:32:36 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#770 Posted: 14:32:35 03/06/2015
Quote: fairyland
I realized that this will probably SAVE me a lot of money. I mean it seems like there are 3 classes of vehicles to get. I sure in heck won't buy all 20 and 3 isn't that bad to buy if they are $15 or under.

According to a multitude of sources including the home page on darkspyro itself the vehicles will cost 14.99 and the super chargers are 11.99 a pop, so yes plenty of fans should save some cash if they go the same route as you suggested but on the other hand this makes the game even more costly for fans such as my self who wants to get all the "unique" figures (the new cores/gimmicklanders)

Maybe this means they're actually considering less toys and more gameplay like we suggested a few times. They don't need to axe the concept entirely,it's what MAKES the franchise,but a break every now and then is variety they need to get poorer/disinterested gamers.

According to Lou in the skylanders kids video chapter 14 was a quarter of the way into the game, granted the level they were playing on during the demo was 3+ lvls in one so...
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#771 Posted: 14:37:36 03/06/2015
A picture of Jet-Vac and his vehicle! There's more pictures Including Jet-Vac in this article http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...campaign=buffer

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:24 03/06/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#772 Posted: 14:37:52 03/06/2015
Quarter of the game? That would mean around 40 levels,which is unrealistic to say the least compared to the other games; in two years it'd be a bit much to do.

Wow,things don't stop clicking on my mind. Stormblade's backstory has her attempting to find the bottom of Skylands - and there isn't one. Who,last month,supposedly fell to the bottom of Skylands?

If Malefor didn't actually hit the Underworld islands way before, that's pretty much setting him up for a possible return.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#773 Posted: 14:38:49 03/06/2015
Actually, those prices are great. It lines the vehicles up with SWAPpers and Trap Masters (we had 18 Trap Masters, not counting variants vs. 20 vehicles.) and lines the Superchargers closer to core price (and 20 vs what, 30 for Trap Team). No signs of minis, lightcore, or traps - seems like there's less "Collect them all" to collect, even if there are a few more of the top-end things to buy.
#774 Posted: 14:43:33 03/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
A picture of Jet-Vac and his vehicle! There's more pictures Including Jet-Vac in this article http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...campaign=buffer

[User Posted Image]

That looks... so... SWEET.
---
Check this out! Please?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#775 Posted: 14:49:56 03/06/2015
Only 10 new character and 10 reposes? That doesn't sound right at all. I mean, even for Giants they had 16 new characters...hm...
#776 Posted: 14:50:25 03/06/2015
But Giants didn't have 20 vehicles too
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#777 Posted: 15:00:24 03/06/2015

[User Posted Image]

In this article we learned the names of three of the new reposes:
-Super Shot Stealth Elf (who we already knew)
-Hurricane Jet-Vac
-Double Dare Trigger Happy
We also know that Terrafin is returning, and Spyro and Gill Grunt are most likely returning as well.
---
smilie smilie
#778 Posted: 15:06:55 03/06/2015
I don't care if they make Gill Grunt all-new, he's still a darn Gill Grunt figure. The Water element isn't made just of one gillman, there are plenty who could use a redesign.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:10 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
#779 Posted: 15:08:35 03/06/2015
Here is the Skylanders SuperChargers Playlist by the SkyKids. Shows off a lot of new gameplay! THIS IS AMAZING!

https://www.youtube.com/playli...9dPlsGODt8Hi7kp
---
#780 Posted: 15:10:08 03/06/2015
Yeah they have 69 cores who have yet to even get a Series 2. Actually 72 if you don't count the LightCore versions of Flashwing, Warnado. and Wham-Shell as reposes.
---
smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#781 Posted: 15:18:28 03/06/2015
Ok, so the gameinformer review is pretty clear. Here are some of the most frequent questions answered:

1) How much weight will vehicles have compared to "standard on-foot" gameplay? 50/50

2) Online Co op? No, there will be offline co op for on foot gameplay and vehicles. However, two vehicles won't be shown on th screen simultaneously, the coop will consist on one driving and the other player firing the weapon.

3) Do you need to have a vehicle to finish the game? Yes, you need a car to complete the game.

4) Are racing levels, like side missions or main story chapters? The gates which lead to driving missions may be place as a side mission on a main chapter or on the main path of it which would involve being forced to go through it in order to progress on the storyline.

5) Will there be a portal owner's pack? Yes, a digital version will be avalaible (but we will still need to buy a car in order to complete the game)
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:01 03/06/2015 by angelg
#782 Posted: 15:23:26 03/06/2015
CATCH PHRASES:

Spitfire - Fuel the Fire
Super Shot Stealth Elf - Silent but Deadly
Stormblade - Feather the Storm!
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#783 Posted: 15:23:32 03/06/2015
I just wanna know about the level cap and stat boosters.
---
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#784 Posted: 15:23:37 03/06/2015
The green helicopter that has been shown is obviously stealth elf's
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#785 Posted: 15:26:49 03/06/2015
Online mode is confirmed if you look at the starter pack, it says "Online Capabilites no Rated by ESRB".
---
#786 Posted: 15:27:13 03/06/2015
Quote: angelg

2) Online Co op? No, there will be offline co op for on foot gameplay and vehicles. However, two vehicles won't be shown on th screen simultaneously, the coop will consist on one driving and the other player firing the weapon.

My doubts on that one a bit. There's a screenshot with both Spitfire and Stealth Elf driving their own vehicles,plus other 2 in the background that might or might not be players. Either it's limited to the speculated online mode, or limited co-op is just for chapters.
Oh,and the new listing in Gamestop also says "Play with friends - NEW Online Multiplayer Race and COOP Modes", so dunno.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:14 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#787 Posted: 15:27:33 03/06/2015
Ok, so the gameinformer review is pretty clear. Here are some of the most frequent questions answered:

1) How much weight will vehicles have compared to "standard on-foot" gameplay? 50/50

3) Do you need to have a vehicle to finish the game? Yes, you need a car to complete the game.

4) Are racing levels, like side missions or main story chapters? The gates which lead to driving missions may be place as a side mission on a main chapter or on the main path of it which would involve being forced to go through it in order to progress on the storyline.

5) Will there be a portal owner's pack? Yes, a digital version will be avalaible (but we will still need to buy a car in order to complete the game)

The answer to #2 is false. Look at the product description on GameStop.com
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/...ter-pack/122213
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#788 Posted: 15:33:25 03/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

The answer to #2 is false. Look at the product description on GameStop.com
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/...ter-pack/122213

You are right...and that makes me happysmilie Despite don't liking the vehicles thing an online co op/pvp for on-foot is very welcome. Hope the online features won't limit to vehicles.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#789 Posted: 15:42:07 03/06/2015
Don't read into the Gamestop entry that there is online co-op, there are two ways to read that entry and I'm 99.9% sure that it's local co-op, with online multiplayer races
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#790 Posted: 15:55:22 03/06/2015
Also,now that I can watch the full level gameplay video(and I won't comment on it at the risk of fanboys getting angry).... Urgh, reused level tracks. Do they think we're stupid or something to not notice when they have Chef Zeppelin's tracks somewhere else entirely? Because I'm not and I'm not really happy with that.
---
#791 Posted: 15:58:09 03/06/2015
Also,now that I can watch the full level gameplay video(and I won't comment on it at the risk of fanboys getting angry).... Urgh, reused level tracks. Do they think we're stupid or something to not notice when they have Chef Zeppelin's tracks somewhere else entirely? Because I'm not and I'm not really happy with that.

Wait, what? What do you mean reused tracks?
---
#792 Posted: 16:01:00 03/06/2015
Quote: AzureStarline

The Cloud Kingdom level gameplay videos have Chef Zeppelin's music. We had that on Swap Force a LOT and I absolutely loathed it - it's okay to reuse a few things like in Giants and TT but it's just horribly lazy to copy and paste a soundtrack over another and call that work. I want my cloud level with cloud level song and not food airship song because I know from where it's from.
---
#793 Posted: 16:03:28 03/06/2015
Ah, I see. I thought you meant "tracks" like race track rather than soundtrack. Gotcha.

I agree with you, but I admit I probably wouldn't notice.
---
#794 Posted: 16:06:17 03/06/2015
Well,as I said, songs are reused on most of the games, but it's one thing if it's like in TT where Rampant Ruins is used for the intro to the level then replaced with the real theme when the action kicks in,or the elemental gate songs which are meant to be nostalgic - but the main level theme? The thing that's going to play for a good half and hour, MORE if they go the SF route and just remix the same songs over and over? Heck, in SF's soundtracks,the levels are even labeled wrong because Iron Jaw Gulch plays in Motleyville for a very short section and that's just off the top of my head.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:30 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
#795 Posted: 16:07:30 03/06/2015
Quote: AzureStarline

The Cloud Kingdom level gameplay videos have Chef Zeppelin's music. We had that on Swap Force a LOT and I absolutely loathed it - it's okay to reuse a few things like in Giants and TT but it's just horribly lazy to copy and paste a soundtrack over another and call that work. I want my cloud level with cloud level song and not food airship song because I know from where it's from.

It's likely place holder music.

And remember, the first part of Monster Marsh used the Rampant Ruins theme.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#796 Posted: 16:08:13 03/06/2015
Anyone have any idea when the Portal Owner's Pack will be available to pre-order on Amazon.com?
---
Check this out! Please?
#797 Posted: 16:10:31 03/06/2015

Did you read my above post? It's just for the entrance to the marsh, once you get to the monster part the real theme kicks in. They're going through several levels on the gameplay and regular Chef Zeppelin is still playing. I darn hope it's placeholder because unlike the other features this is no excuse, they have a composer for a reason.
---
#798 Posted: 16:20:43 03/06/2015

Did you read my above post? It's just for the entrance to the marsh, once you get to the monster part the real theme kicks in. They're going through several levels on the gameplay and regular Chef Zeppelin is still playing. I darn hope it's placeholder because unlike the other features this is no excuse, they have a composer for a reason.

I must have not scene it the first time, lol.

I wonder why it did though...
---
delta chameleon Green Sparx Gems: 335
#799 Posted: 16:22:34 03/06/2015
This is just a guess, but I am guessing that the water repose will be Gill Grunt. So far its been shown that each vehicle matches their "paired" character visually (look at Dive-Clops and Dive Bomber or Jet Vac and Jet Stream). We already know that the new water character is Dive-Clops. So that means the other water character has to be a repose, and this vehicle was shown in the reveal trailer:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

That vehicle to me would only match Gill Grunt of all the existing core water characters with it's fishy like design. Unless they went with Flip Wreck, but I think he's too new of a character.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmilie-smiliesmilie
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#800 Posted: 16:31:40 03/06/2015
A thought just came to mind, one that may seem a little too premature but, what if these new vehicles are not forward compatible? That would be a lot of wasted room for sky6. I mean, they wouldn't add these new racing sections in sky6 since that most likely won't be the focus for that game. What do you all think?
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
First | Previous | Page 16 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me