Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
To Roleplayers and Writers. [CLOSED]
ViceEmargo Green Sparx Gems: 373
#1 Posted: 15:54:28 01/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I've got a various set of questions that I'm a little intrigued to know.
First, to you people who do any kind of roleplay, where did you start, and why did you get into it?

To you people who write.
What got you into writing, and what kind of work do you typically do?
Do you post your stuff on FanFiction forum?

I'll answer my questions too.

I started roleplay on, don't come at me with a knife now, but I actually started with ROBLOX and Blockland. About 10 or 11 years ago.
I don't know, it just seemed different than others things when I was a kid. Not in the sense of a true actor, but being part of a story. {But I'm gonna be honest I look back to then and it wasn't story, but hey, I was about 8, so I didn't care!}

On writing. I got into it several years ago. I started through school of course, then I slowly got into it myself, on my spare time.
Now I write some days every week, but I feel as if it is becoming a futile task without as much of an audience. I usually write fantasy, most of my writing being about Spyro, or my main original character, Vice Emargo.
[I know, Nerd Alert.]

This brings me to a personal question. Would you guys read my work if I posted them on FanFiction?
---
"A closed mouth gathers no foot." - Confucius
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#2 Posted: 15:59:09 01/05/2015
I write fanfiction when i have the time and i did post something in the section if you'd like to take a look.

I tend to get a lot of different ideas in my head at once and it gets a little much, so i write them all down.

Some have started to turn into fanfiction and others have been scrapped.

If you have something to post i'll read it.
---
^ You all know it's true
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:47 01/05/2015 by Greeble
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#3 Posted: 16:01:32 01/05/2015
My roleplaying started here with I think a Skylanders Role Play. I fully got into it with the RP Avatar Misshap which is still running by this very day.

Same goes for writing. I started here, only one story however, has been successfull only which is a story I'm barely any proud of.
Why did it had to be a Creepypasta!?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#4 Posted: 16:13:22 01/05/2015
My RPing started with a Hetalia one...
It was a dark time...
I recently started again with a superhero one tho so

I started writing just because I love it, it's helped my RPing immensely
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#5 Posted: 16:22:50 01/05/2015
I used to write a lot, and I still have some stories in mind that I really like and would love to finish someday, but sadly I don't have the motivation or patience to work on them and actually finish them. I've written a short story before for a contest that didn't even announce a winner, and that was really the only thing I have ever finished that wasn't required for school.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#6 Posted: 16:55:56 01/05/2015
I started rping on here back in 2009? It was an old adoptable site roleplay if I remember correctly. Since then I've been rping on and off. I recently started replying to some I've had around for awhile but for the most part I don't roleplay on here as most move far too fast for me. I fall in and out of love with writing and will go months before replying because I have zero motivation for anything.

I've been writing even longer than that, starting when I was younger and in fifth grade. I believe it was 2002-2003? I am honestly not sure on exact times for it. I started with fanfics and have switched back and further. Currently I have one fanfic I'm writing on and off. I have a large world set for a novel/game idea I've been working on since November 2012 (or 2013, blurry on dates) though and it takes up most of my time.

What kind of stuff I write... it usually depends on what it is, it just depends on if it catches my interest tbh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:09 01/05/2015 by Adria
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#7 Posted: 17:06:08 01/05/2015
For rp, it started in the role play section here in 2012. It was a simple skylanders rp created by cynderluv8801. At first, i got into it because i though it just seemed like a fun thing where you can create your own story and go wild. Eventually, i became a regular role player in topics like The Haunting, Total Scare, and Twisted Kingdom. Now, i try to create and join rps but they never take off and die in the first couple pages. Part of it is my fault i realize for not being there for my rp, but it's still sad to see the work i put into them go to waste against a dragon or non-human roleplay.

I got kinda into writing after i got into role playing. I decided i wanted to create my own characters and my own story. I write mostly fictional stuff with magic or just small moments between my characters. However, i don't always have the energy or mood to write an can only really write "good" when i'm feeling down or saddened. When i'm not, i write things like "Gryf sat."
I do have some things on Fanfiction, however it was a friend who posted them after reading my short story about 8 magical sisters that she liked and decided to post it on her account.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:42 01/05/2015 by DragonCamo
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#8 Posted: 23:12:34 01/05/2015
Well, I've always written, from a young age. Guaranteed, I never made any good, thought-out stories, but it allowed me the practice and the ability to structure sentences and the like. I wrote some stuff, and then my full-on writing love came when I started Feathers of Light and Dark, my Kid Icarus fanfiction on fanfiction.net. I also have a Wattpad account for my non-fanfic stories. I like fantasy stuff and writing for fandoms that I can grasp a feel for the characters and concept.

RPing came after starting FoLaD. My good friend prextail202 invited me to a Smash Bros. RP and a couple of others that she came up with, and I soon began to enjoy the art of writing and creating the dimension of the characters and plot with other people. I've been RPing for a bit longer than a year now and have learned and created characters purely for RP purposes. Some of the lucky ones I was actually inspired to write books for! But lately, my RP frenzy has been toned down because the RP plots aren't as original as they once were and there aren't many people remaining who made it fun for me.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me