Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > what is a franchise you don't get the love for?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
what is a franchise you don't get the love for? [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 05:19:46 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
This topic isn't limited to games, zelda was just the first thing that popped into my head.

I'll start

Zelda sucks. I really can't stand this franchise. It has not been good since Ocarina of Time on N64. The Zelda franchise needs to reinvent itself. No, ZeldaU does not look compelling. Someone please inform me on how Zelda is good, or how there has been a good game since Ocarina.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#2 Posted: 05:25:19 21/04/2015
Twilight
Fifty Shades of Grey
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#3 Posted: 05:26:27 21/04/2015
Smash bros.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#4 Posted: 05:29:15 21/04/2015
everyone in this topic is a giant hater and shall be dealt with as such

Quote: AvatariDragon
Twilight
Fifty Shades of Grey

except for you
you're good
#5 Posted: 05:29:54 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't get the hype for Frozen. Then again, I haven't seen it (-_-) ...but it just seems like another CG Disney movie.

Then again, I never cared for the Disney movies too much.
#6 Posted: 05:31:17 21/04/2015
Quote: zer0dch
I don't get the hype for Frozen. Then again, I haven't seen it (smilie) ...but it just seems like another CG Disney movie.

you're slowly redeeming yourself
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#7 Posted: 05:32:52 21/04/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
I don't get the hype for Frozen. Then again, I haven't seen it (smilie) ...but it just seems like another CG Disney movie.

He's not because Frozen is great, and I was someone who didn't want to see it, then I saw it.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#8 Posted: 05:33:28 21/04/2015
Quote: Lunarz

He's not because Frozen is great, and I was someone who didn't want to see it, then I saw it.

lunarz
i trusted you
#9 Posted: 05:34:47 21/04/2015

lunarz
i trusted you

You only hate it because it's 'cool' to hate Frozen. No one analyzes it for what it is, it's just 'lmao people liked frozen so much that i'll hate it and call it gay even though it's a huge breakthrough in disney history.'

**** you.
---
#10 Posted: 05:37:26 21/04/2015

lunarz
i trusted you

You only hate it because it's 'cool' to hate Frozen. No one analyzes it for what it is, it's just 'lmao people liked frozen so much that i'll hate it and call it gay even though it's a huge breakthrough in disney history.'

**** you.

D:< D:< D:<

To be honest, I liked Frozen. I just don't like how over hyped it is.
It had some great songs and animation, and definitely deserved the praise it got in the first few months, but it's been more than a year and it still has the same relative amount of hype.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#11 Posted: 05:39:04 21/04/2015
Frozen is great, and anyone who actually hates Disney needs to seek salvation.
There, I said it.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#12 Posted: 05:40:54 21/04/2015
There, I said it.

TBCH HANS WAS A GREAT VILLAIN
#13 Posted: 05:41:35 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
There, I said it.

sucks for the people that didn't get to see it then, i guess...
#14 Posted: 06:25:45 21/04/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Zelda sucks. I really can't stand this franchise. It has not been good since Ocarina of Time on N64. The Zelda franchise needs to reinvent itself. No, ZeldaU does not look compelling. Someone please inform me on how Zelda is good, or how there has been a good game since Ocarina.

You legit sound like one of those nostalgia idiots who thinks Ocarina was the best game ever when it really wasn't.

It doesn't suck, you just have **** taste and need to take off your nostalgia goggles.

Thank you for saying what I was too scared to say
#15 Posted: 06:28:09 21/04/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75

You legit sound like one of those nostalgia idiots who thinks Ocarina was the best game ever when it really wasn't.

It doesn't suck, you just have **** taste and need to take off your nostalgia goggles.

FOTS SHIRED
---
#16 Posted: 06:28:33 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
What? No. All I said was that OoT was the last good one. LttP is my favorite.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#17 Posted: 06:29:25 21/04/2015
Smash Bros, I just don't get it. The whole Mario franchise too.
#18 Posted: 06:30:44 21/04/2015
Wind Waker was amazing tbh.

I wish you'd list your reasoning instead of just being like 'it sucks lmao just cuz'

Clearly they're good, Zelda games have some of the highest game reviews. And I've never really met anyone ever who hasn't liked them.

Wind Waker is one of my favorite games. I also really like Twilight Princess. OoT bored me tbh. I enjoyed Skywayrd tho the glitches are ****ed so I couldn't finish the game.
---
#19 Posted: 06:38:12 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Wind Waker was never good. It was a rushed as hell game with by far the worst dungeons in the series, awful overworld, and the biggest kick in the nuts for near-end game content. WW HD tried to fix the bland overworld pacing with the addition of a faster sail and "fixed" triforce hunt

it still was a chore

the game was not fun

the art style doesn't save it
#20 Posted: 06:48:29 21/04/2015
Wind Waker was never good. It was a rushed as hell game with by far the worst dungeons in the series, awful overworld, and the biggest kick in the nuts for near-end game content. WW HD tried to fix the bland overworld pacing with the addition of a faster sail and "fixed" triforce hunt

it still was a chore

the game was not fun

OH I get it. It's a joke. lmao.

Never has someone been more wrong, but I get it cuz you're joking so it's cool.
---
#21 Posted: 06:50:07 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
im honest when i say i don't think ww is a good zelda game.
#22 Posted: 06:52:33 21/04/2015
im honest when i say i don't think ww is a good zelda game.

I get that it's a joke, you can stop now.
---
#23 Posted: 06:57:52 21/04/2015
What? No. All I said was that OoT was the last good one. LttP is my favorite.

IMO, Majora's Mask was the best, Wind Waker being the second.

MM was EXTREMELY innovative, and had a very cool storyline.
Wind Waker had a beautiful art style and fun gameplay.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#24 Posted: 08:21:58 21/04/2015
Frozen. It's not bad, but it's not so good that it should be getting the attention that it's currently getting.

And first person shooters like COD.

Twilight
Fifty Shades of Grey

This. I'd also like to add Divergent and Mortal Instruments to the list. Both terrible and cliche, and I really hate the fact that Twilight, Mortal Instruments, and some other books has given Supernatural beings like vampires, demons, angles etc a bad reputation (mainly in fictional novels). Like now every time a book that's to do with vampires or demons occur people will instantly think 'oh great another one of those series' and will probably put it back, even if it's actually good.

I think The Hunger Games is the only current popular one that's actually good and deserves its fame.

it still was a chore

the game was not fun

OH I get it. It's a joke. lmao.

Never has someone been more wrong, but I get it cuz you're joking so it's cool.

This. TWW is one of my favourites. I think the only Zelda game I truly dislike is Skyward Sword.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:28:59 21/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#25 Posted: 08:40:31 21/04/2015
Pokemon doesn't seem to change that much. If one is in need to catch them all, one would wait for the last game and have all the ones there, right? I imagine story changes a fair bit. Not enough, though. It's a fun game, but buying a new one each time it comes out doesn't seem like money well spent seeing how you can still get the same experience in the previous game. Kudos on them having a new camera style, tho. About the last thing they did that caught my interest. Battle sequence still feel the same.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#26 Posted: 09:11:22 21/04/2015
DC Comics.

Anyone with common sense knows that Marvel is superior in every way.

The only decent thing DC ever did was make the Lantern Corps, apart from that the others are shocking.

Batman please, you're a messed up little rich kid who deals with weaklings that clearly haven't got the brains to figure out your identity, and don't even get me started on Superman.

They could have redeemed themselves with some of the movies, but they failed miserably.

R.I.P. Christopher Reeve, the only Superman worth watching.
---
^ You all know it's true
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#27 Posted: 13:25:31 21/04/2015
Quote: Samius
Smash Bros, I just don't get it. The whole Mario franchise too.

I honestly don't get why people like the Mario platformers. They're basically the same game, just paying another $40-$60 again.
#28 Posted: 13:28:37 21/04/2015
Quote: Greeble
DC Comics.

The only decent thing DC ever did was make the Lantern Corps, apart from that the others are shocking.

Batman please, you're a messed up little rich kid who deals with weaklings that clearly haven't got the brains to figure out your identity, and don't even get me started on Superman.

They could have redeemed themselves with some of the movies, but they failed miserably.

God
Is that you?
It has to be, no one could have made such a perfect post
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#29 Posted: 13:35:31 21/04/2015
Sword Art Online
I'm also annoyed that a series like Aldnoah.Zero is generally agreed to be mediocre, but is still very well-known, I'd much rather something good be well-known in its place.
Call of Duty
Most AAA titles
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#30 Posted: 13:58:36 21/04/2015
Quote: Greeble
DC Comics.

God
Is that you?
It has to be, no one could have made such a perfect post

It is i.

Someone had to shine the light on this topic.
---
^ You all know it's true
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#31 Posted: 14:16:17 21/04/2015
spyro the dragon
#32 Posted: 14:18:17 21/04/2015
Quote: arceustheprime
spyro the dragon

Bless you for being the one to say it.

I considered it, but i'd already taken on DC and i thought it might be overkill.

That series has had it's day.

Spyro is now a Skylander and he's taken a back seat, sorry everyone but it's true.
---
^ You all know it's true
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#33 Posted: 14:22:34 21/04/2015

lunarz
i trusted you

**** you.

how is it a breakthrough? i enjoyed frozen but i didn't see anything revolutionary about it
#34 Posted: 14:43:50 21/04/2015
Quote: Big Green

lunarz
i trusted you

**** you.

how is it a breakthrough? i enjoyed frozen but i didn't see anything revolutionary about it

I found it a little bleh to be honest.

It was obvious from the start what was going to happen.
---
^ You all know it's true
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#35 Posted: 14:46:26 21/04/2015
A happy ending? Yeah, that'll happen in Disney movies
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#36 Posted: 14:58:33 21/04/2015
Frozen.
Twilight.
50 Shades of Grey.
League of Legends.
FIFA.

I probably have more, but they don-t pop into my head right now...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:49 21/04/2015 by DummyZ
#37 Posted: 15:24:51 21/04/2015
To be fair to Twilight, the movies were good.

True the books began as a lonely woman's sex dream but still.

Where else would you see a sparkly vampire without being high?
---
^ You all know it's true
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#38 Posted: 15:58:05 21/04/2015
Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

The fanbase surrounding these games are insufferable. Dark Souls is a fairly good game, but I vastly prefer Ninja Gaiden in the "extremely hard" genre of games.

I can see why people enjoy them, but I just can't see in any way how Dark Souls could ever be considered one of the greatest games of all time like so many people say it is. Good? Sure. Great? Maybe. But not among the greatest in history.

Maybe he means that it's kind of like The Lion King of this generation, since one can argue Disney is currently in a second renaissance.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:00:03 21/04/2015 by CAV
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#39 Posted: 16:10:46 21/04/2015
Insurgent
Hunger Games
Twilight
The Lion King
Frozen
Doctor Who
Supernatural
Sherlock
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#40 Posted: 17:17:09 21/04/2015
Quote: parisruelz12
Insurgent
Doctor Who

[User Posted Image]

- - -
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#41 Posted: 17:26:55 21/04/2015
Quote: parisruelz12

Doctor Who
Sherlock

[User Posted Image]
- - -
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#42 Posted: 17:34:27 21/04/2015

lunarz
i trusted you

STRIDER ARE YOU CRAZY WE'RE ALL GONNA-

On topic, smash brothers.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#43 Posted: 18:18:35 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

The fanbase surrounding these games are insufferable. Dark Souls is a fairly good game, but I vastly prefer Ninja Gaiden in the "extremely hard" genre of games.

I can see why people enjoy them, but I just can't see in any way how Dark Souls could ever be considered one of the greatest games of all time like so many people say it is. Good? Sure. Great? Maybe. But not among the greatest in history.

Maybe he means that it's kind of like The Lion King of this generation, since one can argue Disney is currently in a second renaissance.

BRB slitting my wrists.

Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >= Dark Souls
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#44 Posted: 18:22:49 21/04/2015
I also don't like most superheroes.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#45 Posted: 18:28:57 21/04/2015
minecrafffffffft

Don't understand it.
---
you never saw me
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#46 Posted: 18:29:44 21/04/2015
For me, it's gotta be Halo & Cod - they just seem like generic, grey shooters to me.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#47 Posted: 18:29:54 21/04/2015
The newer Doctor Who episodes (Matt Smith+) the actors are good, the episodes and writing is crap!
Twilight
Clannad
People who think the Dangan Ronpa animation is good
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#48 Posted: 18:52:51 21/04/2015
Frozen, it was a good enough movie, not as great as the classics like Toy Story but I don't get the hype, Wreck-It Ralph was good but they hype died down after a month which sucks really.

Most games that PS4, XBOX One fans claim are the only games that are good, COD, GTA, Minecraft. I don't get it, and yes Ik I post on Minecraft topics but I use my brothers game when I am bored to no end which isn't often.
#49 Posted: 20:27:53 21/04/2015
Quote: Ice Dragoness
The newer Doctor Who episodes (Matt Smith+) the actors are good, the episodes and writing is crap!
Twilight
Clannad
People who think the Dangan Ronpa animation is good

Capaldi is shocking.

Just putting that out there.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me