darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive (Comic Prequel, Out Now!)
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive (Comic Prequel, Out Now!)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 09:05:49 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I was on Amazon.com when I spotted a new comic book bundle entry. In its summary, it mentioned a storyline that leads to the story of the next Skylanders game with Kaos as the main villain as well as mentioning a new group of Skylanders - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1631404121/

Set to be released on September 2nd.

Quote:
The official story leading into the all-new Skylanders video game! The citizens of Skylands are in their most desperate hour as Kaos begins to tear the world apart with his newfound powers. Spyro and an elite group of Skylanders must enter an ancient and unknown part of Skylands and find the only hope left that can stand against Kaos' might! The origin story of the next big Skylanders video game starts right here!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:06:16 02/09/2015 by Aura24
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#2 Posted: 09:41:31 20/04/2015
Great find! Can't wait for more info smilie thanks for posting!
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 10:02:35 20/04/2015
Awesome find!

Looks like Kaos is up to something truly apocalyptic this time.
And it also seems V.V. will take us into a rather unknown part of the Skylands once again...

Except this time it might be more dangerous and mysterious.
Really, really curious.

I just hope the gimmick will revolve around that thing they are looking for rather than the characters themselves.
The "elite group" could be already known Skylanders that will appear in the comic.

Also, the title doesn't suggest me anything in particular.
Could be the name of the fifth game or simply the name of the story (like The Kaos Trap book).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:12 20/04/2015 by Drek95
#4 Posted: 10:05:32 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah the title is only for the book bundle, not the name of the next game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 10:47:59 20/04/2015
Wow that's awesome!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#6 Posted: 10:55:30 20/04/2015
I've mae a video just talking about it but not actually showing it. Hopfully that is enough to avoid copyright issues like with most leaks.
---
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#7 Posted: 11:12:39 20/04/2015
Interesting this shows at least two points, one Kaos is the villain once more (guess it is possible to escape the traps), two we should being seeing some very interesting skylanders this time around. I feel like a part of that title relates to the new skylander game's name, most likely overdrive?
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
#8 Posted: 11:17:24 20/04/2015
Quote: Boombomb999
Interesting this shows at least two points, one Kaos is the villain once more (guess it is possible to escape the traps), two we should being seeing some very interesting skylanders this time around. I feel like a part of that title relates to the new skylander game's name, most likely overdrive?

Skylanders: Overdrive.... Hmm, that would be an interesting title.
Skylanders: Rift... Hmm, an even more greater title.
I'm going to with the latter of these 2.
---
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#9 Posted: 12:31:30 20/04/2015
Awesome !! My idea for what I wanted for the next game might be happening. Possible time rifts hopefully!!! yay.
Or maybe dimension rifts so we get to use more of the mirror of mystery universe and fight other skylanders or something ( possible multiplayer verse mode angle!)

It does say it's the origin story of the next game so I assume the actual game will be set after Kaos wrecks everything in this.

because it's one of the books "spyro and an elitel group of skylanders " doesn't sound like it's referring to the new gimic landers , just sounds like the other books where there's 3 or so other skylanders on the mission. But i could easily be wrong. It's nice that they are using spyro though smilie
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:34:56 20/04/2015 by wild_defender
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 13:32:31 20/04/2015
It's still not shown what exactly is the universe being torn apart into. If VV doesn't ignore TT because of reasons, Kaos might as well have kept his crossdimensional sight and is actually attempting to open the world into the fourth wall. Would be "too complex" for kids unfortunately; of course children are smarter than producers think, but chances are they think the kiddies won't be able to handle meta the same way they'll break down if someone tells them the characters aren't actually alive. Not.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:33:34 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#11 Posted: 13:56:14 20/04/2015
Wait... does this mean... they're SERIOUSLY using Kaos as the main villain in Skylanders 5?! If so, we'll definitely know that they are DESPERATE to keep Kaos.
#12 Posted: 14:00:31 20/04/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Wait... does this mean... they're SERIOUSLY using Kaos as the main villain in Skylanders 5?! If so, we'll definitely know that they are DESPERATE to keep Kaos.

Don't worry, like in SF they'll make up someone who's shoehorned into a "better" villain than Kaos but is actually a worse choice. It's not desesperate, just lazy, with him trapped they could've kept him as NPC instead of villain but here we are.
---
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#13 Posted: 14:34:39 20/04/2015
Am I the only one who thinks these earth-shattering new powers have something to do with evolving him?
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#14 Posted: 14:44:19 20/04/2015
Just throwing this out there but if chaos escapes and becomes the villain this is probably a big spoiler of Traps not having forward support.

UNLESS This is an interdementional Kaos from another point in time trying to save himself...or somthing.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#15 Posted: 14:45:22 20/04/2015
Am I the only one who thinks that overdrive is a place? It is a rift into it after all. The preposition into seems to refer to a place rather than a state. Also I think that the thing that a Spyro and his group are trying to find could be the new gimmicks. And I'm wondering if the elite group is Eons Elite.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 14:47:28 20/04/2015
This storyline is either going to be great or ruin the storyline. i'll be waiting.
#17 Posted: 14:49:55 20/04/2015
Quote: OnionCakes
Just throwing this out there but if chaos escapes and becomes the villain this is probably a big spoiler of Traps not having forward support.

UNLESS This is an interdementional Kaos from another point in time trying to save himself...or somthing.

TT already ignored SF's ending. BUT even if SKL5 doesn't, Kaos in the credits kinda goes through an existential crisis over knowing that there's a dev team out there that'll make him lose every time. If he goes meta over this,he could've always moved some reality sticks around to ignore your orders if you summon him so only his trap stops working.
---
#18 Posted: 14:59:28 20/04/2015
I'm surprised this hasn't been pulled down yet...
---
#19 Posted: 15:10:01 20/04/2015
Might be planned, Ninja. We had the hardcovers of comics revealed with the first issues of the arc,before we even knew they were such.

But hey, not too hopeful on this especially with confirmation that they're using Kaos again, but at least some can say that they'll lock their hype trains into overdrive.
---
#20 Posted: 15:13:37 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator

According to the story summary, Kaos indeed HAS escaped. He's the main villain again.
---
#21 Posted: 15:26:27 20/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

According to the story summary, Kaos indeed HAS escaped. He's the main villain again.

Or he isn't Kaos... *Dramatic music plays* Bum bum bum.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 15:41:43 20/04/2015
Kaos is a Portal Master just like us.
Technically his powers are the same as Eon's.

I think it wouldn't be that difficult for him to escape the trap.

Great idea PMTgaming150! Would explain his "newfound powers".

Can someone please explain me how is the word "overdrive" used in English?
I know it's not a common word but the only thing that comes to my mind is something related to an advanced technology... Really advanced.

Didn't found a proper translation either.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#23 Posted: 15:48:12 20/04/2015
Skylanders Overdrive, the next game's title perhaps? It has a ring to it.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#24 Posted: 16:28:03 20/04/2015
Quote: Drek95
Kaos is a Portal Master just like us.
Technically his powers are the same as Eon's.

I think it wouldn't be that difficult for him to escape the trap.

Great idea PMTgaming150! Would explain his "newfound powers".

I know it's not a common word but the only thing that comes to my mind is something related to an advanced technology... Really advanced.

Just as it says....overdriving something beyond its normal abilities... ex: Overdriving a CPU 64X to 94 or 100....tends to overheat them and burn them up...lol. Did it once to an old computer i had....it worked...but i had to keep the cover off and point a small fan on high at it. smilie Times when i forgot to turn the fan on...it would lock up.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#25 Posted: 16:30:49 20/04/2015
Purely baseless speculation based on the wording:

Quote:
"Kaos begins to tear the world apart with his newfound powers"

Tearing the world apart is a new thing. Kaos has been trying to conquer it before, right? To me, it sounds like he's rekajiggering stuff around, building something new perhaps. Mix and matching pieces and parts from the old stuff. VV did Swap Force last which experimented with mixing and matching halves, so why not go further and see if you can mix and match pieces of Skylanders. Like build your own figure?

Quote:
Spyro and an elite group of Skylanders must enter an ancient and unknown part of Skylands and find the only hope left that can stand against Kaos' might!

I know Spyro has been featured in the books and stuff before, but its interesting that it mentions him specifically plus an "elite" group of Skylanders. To have a more focused story that showcases certain older characters would be neat. For instance if you have Trigger on the portal, he wont appears as an NPC, but if you have someone else there from Eon's Elite, Triggs would then appear in cutscenes and stuff like that with your Skylander. It'd also allow them to have NPCs mention specific characters like the game did in the first tutorial level in SSA.

Quote: Drek95

"Overdrive" is usually used in reference to cars/vehicles. It's shifting into the highest potentially the car can go performance and speed wise. The title of the book is a pun on "shift into overdrive. Looking at it from that way, we could speculate on vehicles being used in tandem with figures. Certainly they've probably toyed with the idea before.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#26 Posted: 16:39:17 20/04/2015
Nothing really unexpected here. We'll see yet another repose of Spyro, which is basically mandatory. We all knew Kaos will be back and obviously he'll have different powers. Going to some "ancient and unknown part of Skylands" is basically what they do in every game but in this case it will surely lead up to the discovery of more forgotten elements and new friends to collect.

I don't have much faith that name is related to the actual name of the game. I'm still going with Battlecast because I believe that this time they'll be finding pockets of ancient magic which you need to buy special ruin stones to capture and then you'll cast that stuff back into battle. They do need something extra for us to buy like those trap crystals and this idea of mine makes perfect sense with that name.
---
Stay Cool!
#27 Posted: 17:10:10 20/04/2015
I'm just wondering what excuse they'll use to make Kaos the main villain again. They can't just say he "escaped." I wouldn't be surprised if they just say he made an evil clone before he was trapped, or if they completely ignore Trap Team's ending. Needless to say, I'l probably just end up buying the game anyway, knowing me and Skylanders smilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#28 Posted: 18:43:19 20/04/2015
Bowser is still the main villain in Mario games decades after the first game.

"The citizens of Skylands are in their most desperate hour as Kaos begins to tear the world apart with his newfound powers."

Sounds like the game will start with Skylands on the brink of total destruction and Kaos actually ruling over Skylands. That's quite dark smilie
---
bye
#29 Posted: 18:50:08 20/04/2015
Quote: newkill

MAIN villain. Not only the Mario series has a lot of spinoffs compared to main games, those usually have new villains(Antasma,Cackletta,Count Bleck,etc etc). The series doesn't have yearly main games either. The same is still going on with the Skylanders extra material,too - though the mobile games have no main villain if at all, the books all have Kaos being behind everything eventually, and the comics took until the latest arc to have another major villain show up.

Also,Bowser has character development and has moments where he's more of a rival than a threat that needs to be stopped forever. Kaos kinda wants to murder you in every opportunity possible and alliances with him are always shaky and he obviously backstabs every time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:50:35 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#30 Posted: 18:50:52 20/04/2015
Sounds great.
---
#31 Posted: 18:53:32 20/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost

MAIN villain. Not only the Mario series has a lot of spinoffs compared to main games, those usually have new villains(Antasma,Cackletta,Count Bleck,etc etc). The series doesn't have yearly main games either. The same is still going on with the Skylanders extra material,too - though the mobile games have no main villain if at all, the books all have Kaos being behind everything eventually, and the comics took until the latest arc to have another major villain show up.

Also,Bowser has character development and has moments where he's more of a rival than a threat that needs to be stopped forever. Kaos kinda wants to murder you in every opportunity possible and alliances with him are always shaky and he obviously backstabs every time.

The Skylanders games have spinoffs too. Of course the only big spin off (Battlegrounds) comes to mind.
---
#32 Posted: 18:56:14 20/04/2015
Quote: ninja9351

The Skylanders games have spinoffs too. Of course the only big spin off (Battlegrounds) comes to mind.

Hopefully you read my post. Cloud Patrol has no major villains,Battlegrounds has model reusal and no one clearly behind it, Lost Islands has nothing stopping you though Kaos is indirectly responsible.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:24 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#33 Posted: 19:00:29 20/04/2015
That, or they could introduce yet another element.....Time.
It may sound ridiculous, but listen to this for this is my theory.
Could be yet another ancient element.
Skylanders involved with time: Deja Vu
True, she's of the Magic element, but her attacks are more related to temporal capabilities. Past Lives, is the prime example
Villains involved with Time: Cluck (Super), along with Time Spell Punks and Clock Gear Golems
Places that deal with time: Tower of Time
Plus, remember in TT, Wolfgang had Kaos bound to a wheel, which was spun by the Undead Doom Raider and was able to travel 10,000 years into the future.
Maybe Kaos has new powers that are time-related. He could have used his new powers to travel back in time to alter history.
Though I do love the idea of alternate universes. Mirror of Mystery could have been the intro into a much more expansive mirror universe. That would be cool.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#34 Posted: 19:01:24 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
He already altered history in the novel, Eruptor Meets the Nightmare King.
---
#35 Posted: 19:05:35 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
You posted that comment already, ninja...
---
#36 Posted: 19:32:08 20/04/2015
Quote: Aura24
You posted that comment already, ninja...

Sorry my phone glitches when I tryed to go back a page.
---
#37 Posted: 19:58:45 20/04/2015

Most Mario games don't really have/need a major story, but Skylanders has developed a large amount of lore, and if Traptanium really is the strongest material in Skylands, able to hold a villain without escaping for hundreds of years, then they need to stick to that. Knowing VV, however, they're gonna dance around TfB's lore requirements somehow. Either that or they will ignore them completely, again.
#38 Posted: 20:04:05 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Apparently, they aren't sticking to it. Kaos got himself unfrozen when he was on earth and got back to Skylands because of his Portal Master abilities. It was kind of obvious that not even Traptanium couldn't hold him for long.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:19 20/04/2015 by Aura24
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#39 Posted: 20:16:56 20/04/2015
Traps better be usable in "Overdrive" I own 17 traps and I plan to get more for the characters I like,
if they just drop them altogether I will be very angry
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#40 Posted: 20:18:35 20/04/2015
Then what was he expecting when wanting to trap the player? Kaos might be immune to being turned into a toy because he's a PM and probably more "attuned" so to say to interdimensional magic, while Skylanders stick to Skylands alone, but Traptanium can hold and even start corrupting skylanders if fused with Darkness in a dangerously short amount of time. Unless he kept his abilities from the Traptanium absorption, which would be stupid for the characters to miss, it won't really make sense with the current canon.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#41 Posted: 20:23:01 20/04/2015
They're going to HAVE to offer an explanation on bow Kaos gets out. SF's ending with Tall Kaos could have been fixed with out explaining how, because it's not as big as what happened to Kaos at the end of Trap Team.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#42 Posted: 20:24:29 20/04/2015
I was hoping Kaos, wouldn't be the main antagonist this time around, but I had the feeling he would be. Maybe the comic prequel will go into detail on his escape since Trap Team dind't make any refrence to Wolfgang working with Kaos' trolls or how he built the frequency weapon.

Quote:
TT already ignored SF's ending. BUT even if SKL5 doesn't, Kaos in the credits kinda goes through an existential crisis over knowing that there's a dev team out there that'll make him lose every time. If he goes meta over this,he could've always moved some reality sticks around to ignore your orders if you summon him so only his trap stops working.

Kaos mentions himself and Glumshanks swapping bodies if you talk to him during the evilikin chapters.
#43 Posted: 20:29:21 20/04/2015
A "I got better" kind of answer still doesn't explain why he ditched the Petrified Darkness when it gives him superpowers. Unless that's how he combined it with Traptanium in the backstory for TT Dark Edition.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#44 Posted: 20:44:00 20/04/2015
Bowser is still the main villain in Mario games decades after the first game.

Each 3DS games have a main bad guy that is not Kaos: Hektore, Captain Frightbeard, Count Moneybone, Dream Sheep. Eventually we will have a main game where the main bad guy is not Kaos, but he is too popular and iconic right now to be pushed aside in my opinion.
---
bye
#45 Posted: 20:45:00 20/04/2015
Personally I think that Overdrive is the name of another dimension. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Spiderman Spiderverse Comics but I'm thinking the next game will be a bit like it. Basically in the Spiderverse comics the Green Goblin goes to different dimension and gets DNA from other Spidermen, such as Spider Girl, Miles Moralis the Ultimate Spider Man, Spider-Man Noir etc. I'm thinking we already know of 3 world in the Skylanders Reality.
-Earth
-Skylands
-Anti-Skylands (My name for the world in the Mirror of Mystery)

If Kaos has become transcendent he could possibly open portals or "rifts" into other worlds. Some people may say that Skylands is another planet but according to the Trao Team discovery trailer Snap Shot says that "The trap team was sent to another dimension". If that is true, then Skylands truly is another reality. Now to address the possible Overdrive dimension. Overdrive usually means beyond the limit, so imagine a world were everything is much more powerful. This could possibly be what Overdrive is referred to as. Now the problem we run into is we don't know if Overdrive is being used as a direct object in the title or as an adjective.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Doctor Who but basically The Doctor sometimes talks about the tearing apart of time-space. If this is the case Kaos could be rifting beyond the limit and thus rifting into overdrive. The problem is we can't tell which way overdrive is being used as words are always capitalized in a title. If this truley is what the title is referring to then the fact that he is opening so many rifts could be ripping apart the fabric of reality, which is what the synopsis seems to refer to.

Now to address the topic of the only thing that could stand against Kaos. In Swap Force in the Tower of Time and Sheep Wreak Islands levels there were Time and Space manipulating creatures. What if the new gimmick is special time and space manipulating Skylanders? If so the obvious question comes to mind "What about Déjà Vu?" They could either explain it somehow like Deja Vu actually didn't have power over time but instead used an item to do so. Or I'm wrong. The latter is more likely.

Now if Overdrive is a place then we could be seeing reposes of certain Skylanders with mechanical modifications. Ie. Spyro with mechanical wings, Voodood with giant armor with a modified axe. Or we could see (heaven forbid) Vehicals. I like the idea of Vehicals and I think that the idea of Vehicals in Lego Dimensions might make Skylanders try to copy them. The problem I have with them is that they may take away from the characters themselves. The reason I say that they truly have a chance is that they could have to do with the title Overdrive.

The part I am struggling with is the light and dark elements. The synopses doesn't truly tell us either way about them but something I do know is that when the Core of Light was blown up is that light and dark were banished to their own separate dimensions. This expands the previous list of known dimensions up to 5.
-Earth
-Skylands
-Anti-Skylands
-Light Dimension
-Dark Dimension

What if the forces that can stand against Kaos are in the Light or Dark worlds?

Finally the question arises what about traps? I it was never said that traps only work on certain villains. There is a good chance we didn't get all the villains from Cloud Cracker or that there are other faction of villains out there that we can capture... Cloud Cracker was really big. Really big. I've seen real life prisons 1/4 the size of it that can hold 100s of criminals.

But hey that's just a theory... A Skylanders Theory.
---
#46 Posted: 20:48:58 20/04/2015
I think it's better to wait for the actual announcement to start writing walls of text.
Overdrive could also be the means of transportation,eg. wormhole. Maybe magic thrown around at its maximum speed just decides to create a new reality,because in Skylanders canon the element is pretty much limitless when it comes to powers,especially when combined with others.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#47 Posted: 20:49:46 20/04/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Personally I think that Overdrive is the name of another dimension. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Spiderman Spiderverse Comics but I'm thinking the next game will be a bit like it. Basically in the Spiderverse comics the Green Goblin goes to different dimension and gets DNA from other Spidermen, such as Spider Girl, Miles Moralis the Ultimate Spider Man, Spider-Man Noir etc. I'm thinking we already know of 3 world in the Skylanders Reality.
-Earth
-Skylands
-Anti-Skylands (My name for the world in the Mirror of Mystery)

If Kaos has become transcendent he could possibly open portals or "rifts" into other worlds. Some people may say that Skylands is another planet but according to the Trao Team discovery trailer Snap Shot says that "The trap team was sent to another dimension". If that is true, then Skylands truly is another reality. Now to address the possible Overdrive dimension. Overdrive usually means beyond the limit, so imagine a world were everything is much more powerful. This could possibly be what Overdrive is referred to as. Now the problem we run into is we don't know if Overdrive is being used as a direct object in the title or as an adjective.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Doctor Who but basically The Doctor sometimes talks about the tearing apart of time-space. If this is the case Kaos could be rifting beyond the limit and thus rifting into overdrive. The problem is we can't tell which way overdrive is being used as words are always capitalized in a title. If this truley is what the title is referring to then the fact that he is opening so many rifts could be ripping apart the fabric of reality, which is what the synopsis seems to refer to.

Now to address the topic of the only thing that could stand against Kaos. In Swap Force in the Tower of Time and Sheep Wreak Islands levels there were Time and Space manipulating creatures. What if the new gimmick is special time and space manipulating Skylanders? If so the obvious question comes to mind "What about Déjà Vu?" They could either explain it somehow like Deja Vu actually didn't have power over time but instead used an item to do so. Or I'm wrong. The latter is more likely.

Now if Overdrive is a place then we could be seeing reposes of certain Skylanders with mechanical modifications. Ie. Spyro with mechanical wings, Voodood with giant armor with a modified axe. Or we could see (heaven forbid) Vehicals. I like the idea of Vehicals and I think that the idea of Vehicals in Lego Dimensions might make Skylanders try to copy them. The problem I have with them is that they may take away from the characters themselves. The reason I say that they truly have a chance is that they could have to do with the title Overdrive.

The part I am struggling with is the light and dark elements. The synopses doesn't truly tell us either way about them but something I do know is that when the Core of Light was blown up is that light and dark were banished to their own separate dimensions. This expands the previous list of known dimensions up to 5.
-Earth
-Skylands
-Anti-Skylands
-Light Dimension
-Dark Dimension

What if the forces that can stand against Kaos are in the Light or Dark worlds?

Finally the question arises what about traps? I it was never said that traps only work on certain villains. There is a good chance we didn't get all the villains from Cloud Cracker or that there are other faction of villains out there that we can capture... Cloud Cracker was really big. Really big. I've seen real life prisons 1/4 the size of it that can hold 100s of criminals.

But hey that's just a theory... A Skylanders Theory.

Good Theory... but then again, overdrive could just be vehicles.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#48 Posted: 20:57:07 20/04/2015
Even though I was originally against Kaos being the main villain again, this story could be really interesting and if it does live up to the hype it will certainly restore my faith in VV's writing.
#49 Posted: 22:52:33 20/04/2015
I did an immediate facepalm when Aura explained how they said he got out. I can picture that day when coming up with the new Skylanders 5 game...

CEO: Guys, Guys, we're in a panic mode here! The ending of Skylanders 4 has Kaos get trapped! We can't possibly come up with a new villain to use for at least one game!

VV Guy: Well, we have Count Moneybone, Glumshanks, Malefor, there's alot to choose fro-

CEO: NONSENSE! We need another excuse to bring Kaos back, stat!

Other VV Guy: Hmm... he just escaped because magic.

Intercom: Attention employees, we have a fire in Wing C of the main building.

CEO: Uh oh... um, yeah sure let's just go with your idea, the fans won't care, drop trap support, meeting adjourned, let's get outta here!

I at least hope they have a nice gimmick and a consistant (excluding Kaos) storyline this time, and by the sound of it, it seems like it'll be more threatening this time. They'll have to use a new villain eventually though... right?
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#50 Posted: 22:54:59 20/04/2015
Does the return of malefor come as a single comic, or a fun pak?
If it comes as a single comic i will get the book.
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me