Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2201 Posted: 01:28:23 18/10/2015
Oh. It sounded like you wanted to fill in the blnk spaces on the selection screen, my bad. smilie
---
My life is complete.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2202 Posted: 01:42:21 18/10/2015
My point is that they can have enough room for six more characters without making any drastic alterations to character icons sizes or the general layout of the CSS. Literally all they have to do is make the icons four pixels thinner, and it leaves perfect room for six extra characters.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#2203 Posted: 01:46:51 18/10/2015
Thanks for clearing that up. smilie
---
My life is complete.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2204 Posted: 02:47:07 18/10/2015
Anyone have a list of changes with the last update?
#2205 Posted: 12:19:38 18/10/2015
The last update was just for fixing Diddy Kong's glitch that makes him ungrabbable.
---
#2206 Posted: 12:36:17 18/10/2015
Anybody want t play anytime from now to 11:15 AM est?
---
My life is complete.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2207 Posted: 14:32:03 18/10/2015
RAYMAN RAYMAN!
SHOVEL KNIGHT SHOVEL KNIGHT!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2208 Posted: 14:43:05 18/10/2015
^ya made me go to google dammit
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2209 Posted: 15:24:46 18/10/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
RAYMAN RAYMAN!

I'm really hoping those two aren't going to be in it. I'd really like to see more non-humans and, frankly, I might not even buy ANY of the new characters if they're ALL humans. (And yes, I still consider Rayman to be sort of human).
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#2210 Posted: 15:44:34 18/10/2015
Watch Shovel Knight and Shante be a mii fighter.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#2211 Posted: 15:49:17 18/10/2015
The only two I really want are Isaac (or Matthew) and Wolf. Don't really care about anyone else, especially Inklings, who seem to be the most likely at this point. It'd be better to save them for SSB5, in my opinion. smilie
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2212 Posted: 17:48:38 18/10/2015
I know it's probably never going to happen, but I really just want Neku. Though I'd still be happy to have some more Tales representation or for Banjo & Kazooie to happen. AiAi would be kinda awesome too, omfg I just realized I want AiAi.

Not gonna lie, but my interests are the exact opposite of Mugo's. A couple of non-humanoids, fine, but I would rather not have it all anthros/creatures like Wolf, K Rool, or Ridley. Pokemon is one thing, but aside from being interested for the sake of Pokemon, I'll never really use them.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:14 18/10/2015 by Seiki
#2213 Posted: 18:09:39 18/10/2015
Shovel Knight has been teased.
---
#2214 Posted: 18:56:24 18/10/2015
Quote: Seiki
Not gonna lie, but my interests are the exact opposite of Mugo's. A couple of non-humanoids, fine, but I would rather not have it all anthros/creatures like Wolf, K Rool, or Ridley. Pokemon is one thing, but aside from being interested for the sake of Pokemon, I'll never really use them.

People wonder what my obsession is with non-humans. Part of it is misanthropy, but honestly non-humans are just all around more likable to me than humans are, and as a result are generally more fun for me to play as.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2215 Posted: 19:11:07 18/10/2015
Quote: MugoUrth

People wonder what my obsession is with non-humans. Part of it is misanthropy, but honestly non-humans are just all around more likable to me than humans are, and as a result are generally more fun for me to play as.

greninja tho

As for my opinion on the ballot, I personally don't care who gets in, I'd probably buy them anyway just to have all the characters. Though I would prefer for some characters that I like, though those characters are obscure and generally not cared for by many.

#weneedmorepokemon
#weneedmorepokemonforpokkenaswell
---
you never saw me
#2216 Posted: 19:12:09 18/10/2015

I believe you've said something to that affect in a role play I was in. You opinion and that's fine, but I feel the exact opposite and prefer humans for the most part, kinda evident with my mains being Roy & Shulk. I believe last time I mentioned this, you jokingly called my psychotic, no offense from it, but hey, my opinions.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2217 Posted: 20:10:27 18/10/2015
My ballot picks are Rayman, Captain Toad, Sora, and Professor Layton.

And I want both Wolf and Snake to return but I didn't vote on either because the former is pretty much guaranteed and the latter is pretty much never happening. Regardless of ballot support in both cases.

So pretty much a healthy mix of human and non-human.

I don't really care about the race of a character. It has very little bearing over whether or not I can like a character.

Really, the only advantage a non-human character has for me is that their design can generally be more creative, as you aren't limited to the anatomy of a human. On the other hand though, I can't be sexually attracted (or at least not to a notable degree) to a non-human female character (though I obviously don't really count stuff like say, an elven character or something, as "non-human", since they still look human), so human characters have the advantage of actually being sexy to me if I like them enough, and if they are female. smilie
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2218 Posted: 22:00:52 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator

Source?
---
words. letters. filler.
#2219 Posted: 22:08:40 18/10/2015
^Yeah.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2220 Posted: 22:09:49 18/10/2015
In all I voted Tails, Sora, Neku, & Pokemon Trainer.

Some anthros or creatures can be fine if they look kinda cute, but stuff like K Rool, DK, DDD, or Duck Hunt, I find visually unappealing and will not want to play.
---
#2221 Posted: 22:22:06 18/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Really, the only advantage a non-human character has for me is that their design can generally be more creative, as you aren't limited to the anatomy of a human. On the other hand though, I can't be sexually attracted (or at least not to a notable degree) to a non-human female character (though I obviously don't really count stuff like say, an elven character or something, as "non-human", since they still look human), so human characters have the advantage of actually being sexy to me if I like them enough, and if they are female. smilie

Comments like this make me glad to be asexual. It's not all about sexual appeal. Characters can be cute, dark, sinister, or even ugly and still be likable.
#2222 Posted: 22:39:39 18/10/2015
^ Not gonna lie, first took interest in Shulk because of sex appeal over the one costume.

Though it isn't always the reason I'll like a character. Wasn't a factor when I got interested in Skylanders (took interest mostly for Stealth Elf, Chop Chop, Flameslinger, & Hex), I just preferred the humanoid designs over things like Zook, Boomer *shudders*, or Eruptor. Actually never was interested in getting Spyro and had never played one of his games before to even get a nostalgia appeal.
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2223 Posted: 22:48:07 18/10/2015

Comments like this make me glad to be asexual. It's not all about sexual appeal. Characters can be cute, dark, sinister, or even ugly and still be likable.

Who ever says "comments like these make me glad that my sexual preference is the way it is"?
#2224 Posted: 22:52:12 18/10/2015

I never said it is a main or even prominent reason for liking a character. It can't be for me, since I'm demisexual.

Really I was being silly with that comment. Though if I do get really attached to an adult human character, it's a nice bonus if they also happen to be female, since I'll probably have some degree of sexual attraction to them.

But it's still not a prominent thing since I have to really, really like the character first (e.g. Rosalina).
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2225 Posted: 22:52:41 18/10/2015
RAYMAN RAYMAN!

I'm really hoping those two aren't going to be in it. I'd really like to see more non-humans and, frankly, I might not even buy ANY of the new characters if they're ALL humans. (And yes, I still consider Rayman to be sort of human).

There are more important things about a fighter than their race.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#2226 Posted: 22:55:08 18/10/2015

I never said it is a main or even prominent reason for liking a character. It can't be for me, since I'm demisexual.

Really I was being silly with that comment. Though if I do get really attached to an adult human character, it's a nice bonus if they also happen to be female, since I'll probably have some degree of sexual attraction to them.

But it's still not a prominent thing since I have to really, really like the character first (e.g. Rosalina).

I was just joking anyway.

Quote: skylandersspyro
RAYMAN RAYMAN!

Not for me, really. When it comes to fighters, the one's I'm generally going to play as the most often are the ones that aren't human, so in a way it's kind of not. But again, that's just personal preference. To you it might not be, but it is for me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:17 18/10/2015 by MugoUrth
#2227 Posted: 23:14:24 18/10/2015

I was just joking anyway.

Quote: skylandersspyro

Not for me, really. When it comes to fighters, the one's I'm generally going to play as the most often are the ones that aren't human, so in a way it's kind of not. But again, that's just personal preference. To you it might not be, but it is for me.

Most fighters have human characters though?
#2228 Posted: 23:21:47 18/10/2015
Quote: somePerson

Most fighters have human characters though?

...True. It's not so much that I WON'T play as humans, it's that if given the option I'd rather play otherwise. ...But that's neither here nor there.

BTW, I don't have the Mario Maker stage, but it sounds awesome. Is it even different in Omega mode?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:15 18/10/2015 by MugoUrth
#2229 Posted: 23:30:44 18/10/2015
Omega mode is always the same, though it does change between the visual styles mid match.
---
#2230 Posted: 23:34:06 18/10/2015
Omega mode is always the same, though it does change between the visual styles mid match.

Then how come you can only play on certain ones in 8 player smash?
#2231 Posted: 23:43:33 18/10/2015
^I was talking specifically about the Mario Maker stage.
---
#2232 Posted: 00:58:31 19/10/2015
^oh ok.

And can we please talk about why everyone thinks Marth is such a bad character when he can do this?
#2233 Posted: 00:59:20 19/10/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Source?

/r/smash
---
#2234 Posted: 01:09:44 19/10/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
^oh ok.

And can we please talk about why everyone thinks Marth is such a bad character when he can do this?

Because his sword is actually a dagger. Plus he doesn't have the Ken combo anymore. :c
#2235 Posted: 01:12:20 19/10/2015
^oh ok.

Good luck doing that against an actual competent player as opposed to a CPU.

That wasn't even a combo, it was just the A.I being dumb and letting itself get hit. Heck, Marth even whiffed an attack there.

Lots of characters can KO super early like that and have actual combos for it.

------

EDIT: Nairo beat ZeRo at MLG.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:26:24 19/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#2236 Posted: 02:26:48 19/10/2015
^oh ok.

Good luck doing that against an actual competent player as opposed to a CPU.

That wasn't even a combo, it was just the A.I being dumb and letting itself get hit. Heck, Marth even whiffed an attack there.

Lots of characters can KO super early like that and have actual combos for it.

------

EDIT: Nairo beat ZeRo at MLG.

But.. he still killed a super heavy character at 36 onstage?
#2237 Posted: 02:36:58 19/10/2015
So? Ganondorf can KO everyone earlier too, potentially. It won't happen often though.

And once again, you didn't even get a combo in there. You actually whiffed one of the attacks and you had more than a good second to be attacked back. Charizard also timed his get up poorly. That isn't a set up that will work in actual match. It's well known that Marth's tipper F-Smash can KO super early at the edge, but good luck actually setting that up in actual match.

Also, Charizard isn't super heavy.

I have KO'd Charizard as Rosalina at 40% off the top with a U-air juggle, with no rage.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:42 19/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2238 Posted: 02:51:36 19/10/2015
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Shovel Knight as a Mii Costume only. I think that's currently where he best fits.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2239 Posted: 04:02:10 19/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Source?

/r/smash

A link would be very helpful.
---
words. letters. filler.
#2240 Posted: 05:30:15 19/10/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Shovel Knight as a Mii Costume only. I think that's currently where he best fits.

>amibo
>tons of hype
>some of the biggest names in smash want him
>devolpers want him
better than inkling
---
#2241 Posted: 13:14:29 19/10/2015
^uggg no...

Hype doesn't change much, unless it' soft a game that's "funded" by player suggested ideas (Minecraft), also hype usually comes after an announce...
Amiibo? Sure, but Toad has an Amiibo.
Devs want him? Are you sure Are you absolutely sure that it's not just the Devs who made Shovel Knight want him in? Also, "better than Inkling" is an opinion.

Seriously dude, you can't just make false hope for us and saying that "it was teased" for reasons that MANY other characters would have to be in Smash.

Just wanted to let that out.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2242 Posted: 14:11:00 19/10/2015
Just saying "tons of hype" shouldn't necessarily determine who gets in. Goku may be a bit of a joke choice but he still has a good bit of hype behind him there.

It has to make at least a little sense in the context of Nintendo's (and video gaming's) history. I wouldn't necessarily oppose Shovel Knight getting in but as it stands he's had a single game that's a throwback to the games of the 80s (no different from say, Super Meat Boy), and it was a multiplatform title meaning it has no real special ties to Nintendo outside of the amiibo.

Then again I realize it's a little contradictory for me to say this when I still argue Shantae to be the better indie representation (though up until recently she was exclusively on Nintendo).
#2243 Posted: 17:20:07 19/10/2015
Quote: CAV
Just saying "tons of hype" shouldn't necessarily determine who gets in. Goku may be a bit of a joke choice but he still has a good bit of hype behind him there.

It has to make at least a little sense in the context of Nintendo's (and video gaming's) history. I wouldn't necessarily oppose Shovel Knight getting in but as it stands he's had a single game that's a throwback to the games of the 80s (no different from say, Super Meat Boy), and it was a multiplatform title meaning it has no real special ties to Nintendo outside of the amiibo.

Then again I realize it's a little contradictory for me to say this when I still argue Shantae to be the better indie representation (though up until recently she was exclusively on Nintendo).

>Most of Sonic's early games on sega
>PAC-MAN is multi console
>Mega Man is multi console
>Most of Ryu's games aren't on Nintendo
don't do that multiplatform excuse
https://www.reddit.com/r/smash..._shovel_knight/
https://www.reddit.com/r/smash...says_its_smash/
https://twitter.com/yachtclubg...404449982324737
http://www.gamnesia.com/podcas...os.-in-some-way
http://gonintendo.com/stories/...mors-discussion
http://www.gamezone.com/news/r...sh-bros-3424127
http://www.realtytoday.com/art...ak-includes.htm
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:28:48 19/10/2015 by Sleepy0429
#2244 Posted: 17:41:01 19/10/2015

Sonic/SEGA was Mario's/Nintendo's original rival so he has a huge place in Nintendo history even before he started appearing on Nintendo. SEGA in general have also been one of the best third party Nintendo supporters/collaborators. He also has the ongoing Olympics Games with Mario that are still going and they consistently sell well.

Pac-Man is literally the first video game character to ever gain any sort of recognition, is Miyamoto's favourite video game character, Miyamoto has developed a Pac-Man game (Pac-Man VS, which also features Mario as a commentator in it), and Namco collaborate with Nintendo a lot, including being the developers of the Mario Kart Arcade GP games, which actually feature Pac-Man characters. Namco is also credited in the Mario Kart 8 credits, in the Special Thanks section.

Mega Man had such a strong presence on Nintendo during the NES/SNES era to the point where a lot of outsiders to the gaming community actually think Mega Man is a Nintendo character. Also if you add up the amount of Mega Man games, the VAST majority are on Nintendo systems originally. Mega Man also featured in Captain N and various licensed Nintendo comics, alongside Nintendo characters.

Most of Ryu's games are on Nintendo. Street Fighter 2 has a bunch of SNES editions, and it also appears on the Virtual Console. Street Fighter IV also has a 3DS port. Tatsunoko VS Capcom is also a Wii exclusive, and it features Ryu and other SF characters, not to mention stuff like Project X Zone, which is a 3DS exclusive (ironically, it's a crossover between Namco, Capcom, and SEGA - the new one is also gonna feature Chrom and Lucina, as well a character from Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenosaga). Ryu is also considered THE fighting game mascot, and since Smash Bros IS a fighting game about pitting together really iconic characters and mascots, Ryu makes complete sense.

It is also worth noting that Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu and Pac-Man have ALL crossed over at SOME point before Smash, just not all at the same time:

Mario and Sonic - Their Olympic Games series (which predates even Brawl)
Mario and Pac-Man - Mario Kart Arcade GP and Pac-Man VS
Mario and Mega Man - various officially licensed Nintendo comics (Ryu is here too)
Sonic and Mega Man - Archie Comics "Worlds Collide" series
Sonic and Pac-Man - Wreck-It Ralph (Ryu is here too)
Mega Man and Pac-Man - Street Fighter X Tekken (Ryu is here too)

Shovel Knight has literally had one game and it was multiplatform. Yes, the Amiibo is Nintendo exclusive, but the Xbox and Playstation versions have exclusive content too that a lot of people actually like more, and unlike the Amiibo, it's free content (Battletoads stage and boss on Xbox, Kratos boss fight on Playstation).

Heck, Battletoads was an NES game, so some old school Nintendo fans would prefer the Xbox version.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:48:38 19/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2245 Posted: 20:39:42 19/10/2015

>amibo
>tons of hype
>devolpers want him
better than inkling

The developers wanting him in means nothing. What company, let alone indie developer, wouldn't want their character in a game as big as Smash?
#2246 Posted: 21:48:50 19/10/2015

>amibo
>tons of hype
>devolpers want him
better than inkling

The developers wanting him in means nothing. What company, let alone indie developer, wouldn't want their character in a game as big as Smash?

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
#2247 Posted: 21:54:10 19/10/2015

Sonic/SEGA was Mario's/Nintendo's original rival so he has a huge place in Nintendo history even before he started appearing on Nintendo. SEGA in general have also been one of the best third party Nintendo supporters/collaborators. He also has the ongoing Olympics Games with Mario that are still going and they consistently sell well.

Pac-Man is literally the first video game character to ever gain any sort of recognition, is Miyamoto's favourite video game character, Miyamoto has developed a Pac-Man game (Pac-Man VS, which also features Mario as a commentator in it), and Namco collaborate with Nintendo a lot, including being the developers of the Mario Kart Arcade GP games, which actually feature Pac-Man characters. Namco is also credited in the Mario Kart 8 credits, in the Special Thanks section.

Mega Man had such a strong presence on Nintendo during the NES/SNES era to the point where a lot of outsiders to the gaming community actually think Mega Man is a Nintendo character. Also if you add up the amount of Mega Man games, the VAST majority are on Nintendo systems originally. Mega Man also featured in Captain N and various licensed Nintendo comics, alongside Nintendo characters.

Most of Ryu's games are on Nintendo. Street Fighter 2 has a bunch of SNES editions, and it also appears on the Virtual Console. Street Fighter IV also has a 3DS port. Tatsunoko VS Capcom is also a Wii exclusive, and it features Ryu and other SF characters, not to mention stuff like Project X Zone, which is a 3DS exclusive (ironically, it's a crossover between Namco, Capcom, and SEGA - the new one is also gonna feature Chrom and Lucina, as well a character from Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenosaga). Ryu is also considered THE fighting game mascot, and since Smash Bros IS a fighting game about pitting together really iconic characters and mascots, Ryu makes complete sense.

It is also worth noting that Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu and Pac-Man have ALL crossed over at SOME point before Smash, just not all at the same time:

Mario and Mega Man - various officially licensed Nintendo comics (Ryu is here too)

Shovel Knight has literally had one game and it was multiplatform. Yes, the Amiibo is Nintendo exclusive, but the Xbox and Playstation versions have exclusive content too that a lot of people actually like more, and unlike the Amiibo, it's free content (Battletoads stage and boss on Xbox, Kratos boss fight on Playstation).

Heck, Battletoads was an NES game, so some old school Nintendo fans would prefer the Xbox version.

I see your point! I will still hope for Shovel Knight to join (Let's be honest right next to Shantae he is the most likely indie). Inkling in my opinion will come next.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#2248 Posted: 22:00:39 19/10/2015

>amibo
>tons of hype
>devolpers want him
better than inkling

[User Posted Image]

-----

I thought he just wanted fans to piss off when asking if Bayonetta is in Smash.

Wonder Red is much more likely then Bayonetta, mainly because Nintendo owns W101.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2249 Posted: 22:06:43 19/10/2015
Is a Square Enix rep even plausible? I know they at least use to be on fairly good terms with Nintendo and even helped with one of the Strikers games. Not to mention a number of the original FF's being on NES. Plus, there's all the spin-off KH games & The World Ends With You.
---
#2250 Posted: 22:33:59 19/10/2015

"Mega Man...Street Fighter X Tekken"

NO

NO

Cool and detailed paragraph though smilie You're right, Ryu=Top representative of fighting games, Mega Man and Sonic have long histories with Nintendo, Shovel Knight doesn't (heck, it's not even Nintendo exclusive, and I really wonder why he gets an Amiibo...so yeah. Not teased much(but he has a chance. Like you said, Amiibo)
---
^This might be sarcasm.
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me