Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2151 Posted: 21:30:58 04/10/2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrzxxl1b4As

[User Posted Image]

...What did I just do?

In case it wasn't clear from the GIF, Rosalina didn't register a hit here. It was Luma (in the video, you'll hear that "crunch" sound that comes from hard physical attacks, like Luma's D-air, not the magical explosion sound from Rosalina's D-air).

Luma somehow used the force and hit R.O.B into the bottom of the stage and KO'd him, even though Luma himself was above the stage.

But I didn't know that was possible.

The match was really laggy which was why I was doing so badly up until then but I don't think that would cause this.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2152 Posted: 23:01:12 04/10/2015
If someone could play me rn that'd be great...
---
My life is complete.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#2153 Posted: 01:19:53 05/10/2015
zer0 won BH5. Big ****ing surprise there.
#2154 Posted: 01:43:56 05/10/2015
^Nairo would have won if he didn't start messing around with Robin and MK (though to be fair, MK ie actually good against Sheik and Rosalina and other top tiers). He had a set advantage.

He said he did it to "be fair".
---
#2155 Posted: 02:26:42 05/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
^Nairo would have won if he didn't start messing around with Robin and MK (though to be fair, MK ie actually good against Sheik and Rosalina and other top tiers). He had a set advantage.

He said he did it to "be fair".

Those Nairo excuses. I'm predicting Armada for BH5 Melee.
Best moment of BH5.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:41:56 05/10/2015 by somePerson
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2156 Posted: 01:43:53 06/10/2015
I've been playing with Charizard, and trying to get a bit better with him, because I find he's really fun to use, and he doesn't suck anymore. If anyone wants to/can fight me any time this week so I can see how good he is against real people, not CPUs or FG, I'd appreciate it.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#2157 Posted: 06:49:26 06/10/2015
Is this game really as good as they say?
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#2158 Posted: 10:30:47 06/10/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot
Is this game really as good as they say?

It is once you get the hang of it.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2159 Posted: 19:00:31 06/10/2015

[User Posted Image]

...What did I just do?

In case it wasn't clear from the GIF, Rosalina didn't register a hit here. It was Luma (in the video, you'll hear that "crunch" sound that comes from hard physical attacks, like Luma's D-air, not the magical explosion sound from Rosalina's D-air).

Luma somehow used the force and hit R.O.B into the bottom of the stage and KO'd him, even though Luma himself was above the stage.

The match was really laggy which was why I was doing so badly up until then but I don't think that would cause this.

Ooh, another RosaLuma main!

Anyway, though it isn't visible to the naked eye, maybe Luma's D-Air hit R.O.B by a few pixels?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2160 Posted: 19:02:32 06/10/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy

*snip*

...What did I just do?

Anyway, though it isn't visible to the naked eye, maybe Luma's D-Air hit R.O.B by a few pixels?

>another

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were lots of Rosa mains?
#2161 Posted: 20:48:25 06/10/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

*snip*

...What did I just do?

>another

There actually aren't that many in terms of the general fanbase. Finding a fellow Rosalina on FG is like a special occasion for me.

Majority of the Smash fanbase only like characters that are "Melee-like" (Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc), heavyweights (Bowser and DK), and then classic characters like Mario and Link are also popular. Pokémon seem to be popular too.

Rosalina doesn't really fit any of these categories obviously (she covers a lot of bases between her and Luma rather than being one specific thing), and is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) characters to actually get really good with in the game.

Also considering that the primary fanbase for this game is made up of sweaty teenage boys who want to make their testosterone levels feel bigger by playing as something "manly" like Captain Falcon, a lot of people simply wouldn't play Rosalina & Luma because they simply think the characters are "too girly" (which is untrue - Lumas are male, and Rosalina, while feminine in appearance and mannerisms, has many interests that make her a bit of a tomboy, and she exudes power and authority too, due to her "Mother of the Cosmos" role).
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2162 Posted: 21:13:26 06/10/2015
Quote:
There actually aren't that many in terms of the general fanbase. Finding a fellow Rosalina on FG is like a special occasion for me.

I seem to have this exact same thing happen to me with Pit.

Also I've been picking up Ryu and Ike lately. I still tend to play as my central 5 mains, but I've been playing as them a lot lately and getting pretty decent.
---
Cool cool.
#2163 Posted: 01:31:33 07/10/2015

Just thought I'd drop this off here.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2164 Posted: 03:21:45 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
So, how about that newcomer that's going to be revealed in the next two weeks. Speculation?
---
words. letters. filler.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2165 Posted: 03:24:28 07/10/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
So, how about that newcomer that's going to be revealed in the next two weeks. Speculation?

Don't forget it also apparently a Nintendo newcomer

Unless I was misinformed

I want it to be like Fawful or some other character but I expect it to be K. Rool or Inklings tbh
---
you never saw me
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2166 Posted: 03:27:21 07/10/2015
Quote: I-Brawler

Unless I was misinformed

I want it to be like Fawful or some other character but I expect it to be K. Rool or Inklings tbh

Oh wow, Fawful would be awesome! His final smash could use that vacuum helmet... thing... he used in inside story.
---
Dead
#2167 Posted: 10:42:41 07/10/2015

Since when was a newcomer announced to be revealed in two weeks?
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2168 Posted: 11:47:38 07/10/2015

Unless I was misinformed

Why is everyone against the inklings?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2169 Posted: 12:14:06 07/10/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429

Unless I was misinformed

Why is everyone against the inklings?

I'm not against them I'm just saying they're who I expect will get in based on the community
---
you never saw me
#2170 Posted: 13:29:18 07/10/2015

>another

Majority of the Smash fanbase only like characters that are "Melee-like" (Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc), heavyweights (Bowser and DK), and then classic characters like Mario and Link are also popular. Pokémon seem to be popular too.

Rosalina doesn't really fit any of these categories obviously (she covers a lot of bases between her and Luma rather than being one specific thing), and is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) characters to actually get really good with in the game.

Also considering that the primary fanbase for this game is made up of sweaty teenage boys who want to make their testosterone levels feel bigger by playing as something "manly" like Captain Falcon, a lot of people simply wouldn't play Rosalina & Luma because they simply think the characters are "too girly" (which is untrue - Lumas are male, and Rosalina, while feminine in appearance and mannerisms, has many interests that make her a bit of a tomboy, and she exudes power and authority too, due to her "Mother of the Cosmos" role).

Lumas turns into stars

Stars will be bigger and *ahem* hotter than you will ever be, "sweaty teenage boys". Case closed.

RosaLuma for ever
---
^This might be sarcasm.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2171 Posted: 14:55:21 07/10/2015

what!? source?
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2172 Posted: 18:38:27 07/10/2015
No word on it being announced in the next two weeks. I'd certainly love it to be announced then, but who knows what they're actually doing. They're still figuring out what to do in terms of marketing after Iwata's passing. They've been randomly announcing things that you'd normally expect to see in Directs over the past few months on Twitter, like release dates, Amiibo, new games, and Smash content.

I'm sure everyone already knows what kharacter I voted for. I wouldn't mind seeing Inklings, Dixie, or Rayman in as well, but I want the King first and foremost.
#2173 Posted: 18:46:10 07/10/2015
I'm honestly happy that we're getting a new character. I'd like it more if I knew the character (the only reason I know Isaac is because of how many people want him for smash, and I hadn't heard of Shantae before the ballot started), but I'll buy them, nonetheless.

- - -

Reposting a repost of all the information about the leak:

--Roger tweeted first, late on Oct. 5, that he received "exciting Nintendo news." He later elaborated that the news was "an 8-9 on a hype scale," "would be coming in the next two weeks," and "we'd know when we see it." He does not mention Smash, but never says it is not Smash-related.

--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

--Before clamming up, Zef clarifies that "he doesn't think it can leak unless the person with the info decides to spill" and that all he can say on the matter is "connections with connections." Of note, another guy, Aversy_Tweets, says "he knows and knows Roger knows," but is confident the latter will keep quiet.

--Later still, Roger gets exasperated with fanatics harassing him on Twitter just because of him saying "Cool Nintendo news in two or so weeks," saying "It's cool news, mind you, but the hype drought has made people crazy."

--He makes a facetious post saying "OMG ROGER KNOWS ALL BALLOT WINNERS AND ISN'T TELLING," saying that if he did, that would be a 10/10 for hype. In the process, he favorites a bunch of stuff from Stealth and Zef, who are also laughing at the fan overreaction online.

--All the while, head Smashboards mod Warchamp is making posts to Roger and Stealth, making fun of the fanatics. His jokes are mostly Inkling-related..."HE SAID DROUGHT, DROUGHT = NO WATER, WATER = INKLINGS!"
The Participants:

--Roger worked at Nintendo years ago and runs the Japan Time podcast. He has had his roots in the gaming industry for a long time now, and has undoubtedly made a handful of connections along the way. I've only seen a few of his videos, but Roger is a big fan of Lanky Kong (passively supports "DK Rep" getting in the game), and people have been saying he's a big Inklings fan too (which I haven't heard a source for, but can buy).

--Stealth is a "Video Game Enthusiast" who has made legitimate statements before, about occurrences at a private Splatoon event he got to attend with other big game media names. I don't have the source in front of me, but apparently he spilled that there would be a surprise Nintendo Direct early last April, which there was despite no expectation of one. He has trolled GameFAQs before under the name of RPGrinder, and has posted on Twitter that he voted for "K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Malo and Andy."

--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports

--No idea about this Averys_Tweets guy.

--Warchamp was one of the first people to have access to the ESRB leaked videos before they went viral.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:05 07/10/2015 by Mesuxelf
#2174 Posted: 19:10:15 07/10/2015
Nintendo has confirmed that Directs are coming back soon so it's just a matter of time.

Regardless of whether or not it contains Smash news, I think we will get a direct before November, or at least the very beginning of it. Because their two big holiday games for Wii U come out then and we STILL know jack about them.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2175 Posted: 20:02:52 07/10/2015
--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

Inklings.
#2176 Posted: 21:03:26 07/10/2015
Sounds like Inklings but then why mention that social media would go crazy?

Inklings are cool, but they are an expected and predictable addition rather than one everyone is clamouring for at this point. The Splatoon fan base isn't that big yet either. The game was successful but only Nintendo games are on Wii U, and it doesn't touch the levels of other games, and certainly doesn't have the widespread noteirity of other Nintendo games yet.
---
#2177 Posted: 21:10:54 07/10/2015
Inklings?

if so....
#2178 Posted: 21:17:35 07/10/2015
Sounds like Inklings but then why mention that social media would go crazy?

Inklings are cool, but they are an expected and predictable addition rather than one everyone is clamouring for at this point. The Splatoon fan base isn't that big yet either. The game was successful but only Nintendo games are on Wii U, and it doesn't touch the levels of other games, and certainly doesn't have the widespread noteirity of other Nintendo games yet.

VERY POPULAR
---
#2179 Posted: 21:58:40 07/10/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
Inklings?

if so....

I laughed too hard after reading your post, then your signature.
Anyway, Inklings?
They would possibly one of the best ranged characters, but I think they would be kinda boring. Shoot, shot, shoot, basically it. They don't really have much to add other than that, even with their squid form.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2180 Posted: 22:29:56 07/10/2015
Inklings?

if so....

Anyway, Inklings?
They would possibly one of the best ranged characters, but I think they would be kinda boring. Shoot, shot, shoot, basically it. They don't really have much to add other than that, even with their squid form.

Ink brushes and rollers.
#2181 Posted: 22:35:55 07/10/2015
Quote: somePerson
Inklings?

if so....

Anyway, Inklings?

Ink brushes and rollers.

That 2 more things...and how would a roller work? An ink brushes could be used for melee combat (tilts, jab, aerials) but the roller is simply too wide and huge overall to be used.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2182 Posted: 22:39:33 07/10/2015
Honestly, I kind of hope it's NOT Inklings.

Honestly, though, after reading that one post, I don't see how it specifically hints at Inklings.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:08 07/10/2015 by MugoUrth
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#2183 Posted: 23:34:09 07/10/2015
tbqh that whole 'i would have hung myself by now' thing was pretty ****ed up. but anyway i wont really care for the character most likely, the only ones id really get excited about are like tails or something. which isnt even likely so eh
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#2184 Posted: 00:28:06 08/10/2015
Inkling is honestly my most wanted character...
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2185 Posted: 00:34:08 08/10/2015
*Still secretly hopes for Quote and Shantae*
---
Cool cool.
#2186 Posted: 01:11:09 08/10/2015
Here's a full list of all that's happened recently by BKupa666 on Smashboards. It goes through the people involved, the events that have taken place, and some misconceptions.
#2187 Posted: 01:23:42 08/10/2015
The only comment that stuck out to me in that thread:

"I don't want a character that is a blatant advertisement."

...I guess you can't play Smash then.

[User Posted Image]
---
#2188 Posted: 17:10:28 12/10/2015
A little late, but just saw Anti vs Zero. Kind of dissapointed that Anti didn't win, but it was a really cool game.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2189 Posted: 17:44:54 17/10/2015
i voted for pepsiman in the ballot. am i bad now?
#2190 Posted: 17:47:43 17/10/2015

fight me
---
#2191 Posted: 18:07:54 17/10/2015
anyone in the smash group? I'm waiting.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2192 Posted: 18:47:32 17/10/2015

I voted Kaos because he's mother bleeping Kaos.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2193 Posted: 18:51:37 17/10/2015
Man, this wait for any Ballot related news is killing me. I just want to know who's chosen already.

I'm still expecting a Nintendo Direct before the end of the year.
#2194 Posted: 18:54:27 17/10/2015
^I highly doubt they'll read out a list of results, or even explicitly say "we added these characters because of the ballot".

We'll just have to assume at least one or two of the upcoming DLC characters will be ballot picks.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2195 Posted: 19:04:07 17/10/2015
I highly doubt they'll ever actually post the results. If they do say something about which DLC happen because of the ballot, I doubt they'll say anything that hints towards their placement on the results.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2196 Posted: 19:06:45 17/10/2015
Oh, I know. There's no way there will be an actual recap of the top ballot characters. I'm pretty sure even if they don't say that the fighter's from the Ballot, they'd still say something vague like "This character was highly requested to be in Smash, so I hope you like them" though.
#2197 Posted: 23:10:18 17/10/2015
It's...taking...too...long

I hunger
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2198 Posted: 00:02:53 18/10/2015
Here's something to think about while we wait.

Someone on the Smash Bros subreddit noticed that the character icons on the 3DS character select screen are 40 x 44 pixels.

So what happens when you shave off those extra 4 on the width?...

[User Posted Image]

Well, it ends up being a perfect fit for six more characters.

I'm not gonna say this definitely means they will be adding six more characters, but this essentially means they can fit up to six more characters without making things look messy, and without making a page 2 or a scroll bar or anything like that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:26 18/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2199 Posted: 01:18:19 18/10/2015
So are you assuming Nintendo can't resize those icons to make the characters fit nicely?
---
My life is complete.
#2200 Posted: 01:24:33 18/10/2015
.....Except my whole point there is about them possibly resizing them....
---
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me