Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 43 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2101 Posted: 12:36:21 01/10/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

- - -

This doesn't work against Rosalina & Luma's edge shield lock though, because you are being attacked and shield pressured from both sides. Her shield lock entails Luma is spinning just past the edge, meaning you can't shield DI in either direction. The resulting shield stun and shield damage is also much greater than Lucario's Aura Sphere lock, so your shield gets broken much faster (like what happened at the end of the video there, with the two Lucario's pressuring Sheik's shield super fast - except with Rosalina & Luma, that's possible in 1v1).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:51 01/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2102 Posted: 12:40:06 01/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
They didn't nerf Sheik if I'm not mistaken. It hasn't been documented yet anyway.

I mean, she's a ****y, overrated character anyway, but I still want to see her get nerfed just so people will stop treating her as the ****ing Smash Brothers GODDESS (who can NOT kill ****) that she isn't.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
GREAT LADY PALUTENA! A VIRIDI COSTUME!

Anything related to her makes me want to destroy stuff. smilie

Quote: LunarDistortion
Duck Hunt was also added to 3DS for free with the update.

I love the fact there's a new free stage, but... did it have to be one of those ugly 8-bit stages?

Sue me, I'm feeling negative right now.

Also, is it just me or does the whole entire game feel sped up?
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#2103 Posted: 13:13:03 01/10/2015
MugoUrth, I agree that Sheik is completely overrated. I just can't see what makes people think she's overpowered. She's fast, yes, but 95% of her attacks are so weak...

Anyway, my mains are Ike and Dark Pit. Hoping that Isaac from Golden Sun is one of the ballot winners (if there will be more than one winner), I'm a huge Golden Sun fan.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#2104 Posted: 13:29:20 01/10/2015
Quote:
I mean, she's a ****y, overrated character anyway, but I still want to see her get nerfed just so people will stop treating her as the ****ing Smash Brothers GODDESS (who can NOT kill ****) that she isn't.

If anything, Sheik has just been buffed as a result of the universal shield stun nerf. One of the things that made Sheik one of the best characters before, was that her lack of end lag on everything and her overall quick moves made most of her moves safe on shield (i.e she couldn't really be punished with an attack even if you shielded her attacks, as she recovered fast enough to get away and then punish you for trying to punish her).

Now she is even harder to punish on shield.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:58 01/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2105 Posted: 14:46:03 01/10/2015
Quote: Spellslamzer75
MugoUrth, I agree that Sheik is completely overrated. I just can't see what makes people think she's overpowered. She's fast, yes, but 95% of her attacks are so weak...

Anyway, my mains are Ike and Dark Pit. Hoping that Isaac from Golden Sun is one of the ballot winners (if there will be more than one winner), I'm a huge Golden Sun fan.

1v1 me Ike only.
#2106 Posted: 15:19:58 01/10/2015
Quote:

If anything, Sheik has just been buffed as a result of the universal shield stun nerf. One of the things that made Sheik one of the best characters before, was that her lack of end lag on everything and her overall quick moves made most of her moves safe on shield (i.e she couldn't really be punished with an attack even if you shielded her attacks, as she recovered fast enough to get away and then punish you for trying to punish her).

I don't care how fast she is, how fast her moves are (which except for her needles, they really aren't), or how fast she can destroy shields, SHE CAN'T KILL. Being able to kill the opponent is the very point of the game, yet people forget that every time they praise Sheik.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2107 Posted: 15:42:11 01/10/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote:

I don't care how fast she is, how fast her moves are (which except for her needles, they really aren't), or how fast she can destroy shields, SHE CAN'T KILL. Being able to kill the opponent is the very point of the game, yet people forget that every time they praise Sheik.

We've gone over this many times. She can kill. She doesn't need 50 thousand kill options. If you get edgeguarded, that's a kill. Up Air, Up B, and Up Smash are her standard kill options.
---
you never saw me
#2108 Posted: 15:48:27 01/10/2015
She can KO though. She builds up damage so fast that her low KO power is a non-issue in almost every MU, she can just pressure you off the stage or simply juggle you around to super high percents, as her moves are so fast and deal so much hit stun (for example, Sheik can KO Mewtwo from 30% simply by pressuring him with a ton of F-airs, and he will be stuck in hitstun, unable to escape). Most of Sheik's KOs happen off-stage, and she is excellent at getting those.

Not being able to KO from an early percent (and again, Sheik CAN do so if you utilise her off-stage game) means jack, when you can get people to really late percents faster and more reliably than most characters anyway.
---
#2109 Posted: 17:15:39 01/10/2015
She can KO though. She builds up damage so fast that her low KO power is a non-issue in almost every MU, she can just pressure you off the stage or simply juggle you around to super high percents, as her moves are so fast and deal so much hit stun (for example, Sheik can KO Mewtwo from 30% simply by pressuring him with a ton of F-airs, and he will be stuck in hitstun, unable to escape). Most of Sheik's KOs happen off-stage, and she is excellent at getting those.

Not being able to KO from an early percent (and again, Sheik CAN do so if you utilise her off-stage game) means jack, when you can get people to really late percents faster and more reliably than most characters anyway.

Every fricking strategy involving her, you name it, I've tried it, most of it requires ABSOLUTE PERFECT accuracy and that your opponent is an idiot. Her needles, sure they're fast, but they need to set up too. Her other attacks aren't that fast, have small hitboxes and require pin-point accuracy. Plus, she's not a particularly heavy character, so she can be killed easily and early. Her low KO Power and lack of conventional KO options, whether you see it or not, absolutely KILLS any potential she has, especially since her killing power is the ABSOLUTE WORST in the game except for Diddy Kong.

Oh, but what do I know. Apparently anyone who thinks Sheik is overrated is automatically a "casual." Anyone who mains Bowser is a "casual." Anyone who seems to think there are more important things than mere speed is automatically a "casual."
#2110 Posted: 19:06:23 01/10/2015

Every fricking strategy involving her, you name it, I've tried it, most of it requires ABSOLUTE PERFECT accuracy and that your opponent is an idiot. Her needles, sure they're fast, but they need to set up too. Her other attacks aren't that fast, have small hitboxes and require pin-point accuracy. Plus, she's not a particularly heavy character, so she can be killed easily and early. Her low KO Power and lack of conventional KO options, whether you see it or not, absolutely KILLS any potential she has, especially since her killing power is the ABSOLUTE WORST in the game except for Diddy Kong.

Oh, but what do I know. Apparently anyone who thinks Sheik is overrated is automatically a "casual." Anyone who mains Bowser is a "casual." Anyone who seems to think there are more important things than mere speed is automatically a "casual."

Do you main Sheik? Do you play her at high level? I think the answer is no. You are more than likely just very unskilled at the character.

Also, no one was talking about casuals. You can main Bowser, I literally don't care who you main, I'm not changing my view of you.

And we've established that there are other things besides speed.
---
you never saw me
#2111 Posted: 19:11:17 01/10/2015
Quote: I-Brawler

Do you main Sheik? Do you play her at high level? I think the answer is no. You are more than likely just very unskilled at the character.

Also, no one was talking about casuals. You can main Bowser, I literally don't care who you main, I'm not changing my view of you.

[User Posted Image]

- - -
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#2112 Posted: 19:21:55 01/10/2015
I've never been a fan of characters that need perfect timing or accuracy to do something good. There's more room for something to go wrong than people seem to think, and if it does go wrong, it will go really wrong. Counters, for example.

It's a lot easier to imagine how something will happen than to actually do it that exact way.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#2113 Posted: 21:48:11 01/10/2015
To be honest Smash 4 sheik isn't as good as Melee Sheik. :/ However she is still a great character because her moves have barely end lag on them leading to new combos that can't be escaped from as easily. To nerf her all they really need to do is put about 2 frames of lag on her Fair and make her up b kill at higher percentages. And 3DS gets a tourney legal stage because that was everybody plays 3DS.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:11 01/10/2015 by somePerson
#2114 Posted: 22:12:28 01/10/2015

Of course not. I still play as her often, like I do with most characters that don't share the name of a hairy body part under your arm or associates. And believe me, I can still do more with her than Diddy. However, she requires such ridiculous skill and timing, that the main reason she's "high tier" is that the guy that uses her plays her completely perfectly.

Also, I asked this already, but besides the shieldstun, it feels like the entire game sped up.
#2115 Posted: 22:32:26 01/10/2015

Of course not. I still play as her often, like I do with most characters that don't share the name of a hairy body part under your arm or associates. And believe me, I can still do more with her than Diddy. However, she requires such ridiculous skill and timing, that the main reason she's "high tier" is that the guy that uses her plays her completely perfectly.

Also, I asked this already, but besides the shieldstun, it feels like the entire game sped up.

To be a good character the player has to be good. That is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard on this topic. There's plenty of reason why Sheik is top tier and being played by a good player isn't one of them. That's basically saying that Yoshi in Melee is an overpowered character because aMSa plays him amazingly. Yoshi is still a **** character but having a player who knows how to play them will make them look amazing. Sheik in Smash 4 is one of the best characters in the game because of her lagless moves, an amazing projectile, and combos that can rack up damage quickly.
#2116 Posted: 22:52:51 01/10/2015
Quote: somePerson

To be a good character the player has to be good. That is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard on this topic. There's plenty of reason why Sheik is top tier and being played by a good player isn't one of them. That's basically saying that Yoshi in Melee is an overpowered character because aMSa plays him amazingly. Yoshi is still a **** character but having a player who knows how to play them will make them look amazing. Sheik in Smash 4 is one of the best characters in the game because of her lagless moves, an amazing projectile, and combos that can rack up damage quickly.

Actually, people see one person kick butt with someone, they automatically think it's a good character. It's called the sheep effect. But... I guess "speedfanboys" have something to do with it too.

Yeah, she has lagless moves, a quick projectile and comboes, BUT she STILL has **** killing capabilities. Also, she's not very heavy, so she can be killed early. Her abilities aren't as perfect as people make them out to be. Her Side-B is way too slow, her Down-B is easily readable, and her Up-B is basically just a weaker version of Zelda's Up-B. People act like she's perfect just because of her N-B, speed and comboing abilities, but she's not.

Look, my opinion on her isn't going to change. I will always see her as an overrated character.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:58:09 01/10/2015 by MugoUrth
#2117 Posted: 22:54:25 01/10/2015
To be honest Smash 4 sheik isn't as good as Melee Sheik. :/ However she is still a great character because her moves have barely end lag on them leading to new combos that can't be escaped from as easily. To nerf her all they really need to do is put about 2 frames of lag on her Fair and make her up b kill at higher percentages. And 3DS gets a tourney legal stage because that was everybody plays 3DS.

In the context of her game, Smash 4 Sheik is easily better than Melee Sheik. Melee Sheik might be more fun to some because of L-cancelling and wave dashing and all that, but every character in Melee has access to those, and there are characters in Melee that benefit more from Melee's mechanics than Sheik does. In Smash 4 though, Sheik, Rosalina, and Pikachu benefit from the game's mechanics more than anyone.

Quote:
Actually, people see one person kick butt with someone, they automatically think it's a good character.

If that was the case, Rosalina wouldn't be agreed as being a top tier, or have people complain about her being broken all of the time. She hasn't been winning tournaments that much and not many people play her.

While the Rosalina player base is mostly very bad and just rides off of Dabuz's early success and copies him and treats him like a god, people agree she's top tier because it's so plain to see that if people just took advantage of her properly, she'd be dominating. It's just that most Rosalina players play overly defensively, so that holds the character's tournament results back.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:40 01/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#2118 Posted: 23:17:11 01/10/2015
Her Side-B is way too slow, her Down-B is easily readable, and her Up-B is basically just a weaker version of Zelda's Up-B. People act like she's perfect just because of her N-B, speed and comboing abilities, but she's not.

give me some reasoning besides specials
---
you never saw me
#2119 Posted: 23:31:12 01/10/2015
How is Sheik's a weaker version of Zelda's Up B? It doesn't go as far, but it's still a really good recovery and does it's job (and Sheik has a better double jump and can wall jump). She also isn't left as open as Zelda's Up B (Zelda's has an obnoxiously long cool down, especially in the air), and the initial explosion hits very hard.
---
#2120 Posted: 00:29:16 02/10/2015
How is Sheik's a weaker version of Zelda's Up B? It doesn't go as far, but it's still a really good recovery and does it's job

It also has slower startup as well, and cannot be followed up as easily. With Zelda, both the start and end damage. I think same is true for Sheik, but it's much harder to connect with the second one.

Also people say her Up Smash is good despite its decrepit range. Most of her aerials don't have that good of range either.
#2121 Posted: 00:33:12 02/10/2015
How is Sheik's a weaker version of Zelda's Up B? It doesn't go as far, but it's still a really good recovery and does it's job

It also has slower startup as well, and cannot be followed up as easily. With Zelda, both the start and end damage. I think same is true for Sheik, but it's much harder to connect with the second one.

Also people say her Up Smash is good despite its decrepit range. Most of her aerials don't have that good of range either.

Sheik doesn't need range because she can get away from her lagless moves. She's not a spacing character okay? smilie
#2122 Posted: 01:20:09 02/10/2015

Diddy back on top.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2123 Posted: 01:36:22 02/10/2015

Diddy back on top.

hoo hah is dead long live invinci-grab
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#2124 Posted: 01:37:59 02/10/2015
^While it's stupid it can be done, I don't think it's as "OMG DIDDY TOP TIER NOW" as people are making it out to be. The thing about it is that once activated, the Diddy player has to literally never let their shield get hit or else the glitch stops working. So basically, they can't use their shield.

They become invincible to grabs, but they become really vulnerable to everything else if they choose to actively try to maintain the glitch.

Also keep in mind that the main reason grabs exist, is to counter shields. If Diddy won't ever shield, you have no reason to grab.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:46:16 02/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#2125 Posted: 13:00:02 02/10/2015

Sheik doesn't need range because she can get away from her lagless moves. She's not a spacing character okay? smilie

She kind of does unless she's fighting idiots.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2126 Posted: 13:05:12 02/10/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
What's so different? I don't do much Luigi, sorry.

Also, shield breakers have been nerfed. So much for Headbutt+Giant Punch.

This is what it previously looked like. The opponent was thrown slightly outward and above Luigi. Base 75 and growth at 30, making it send the opponent basically the same place every time.
Now the base has been lowered (30 from 75, about where Mario's down throw goes), and the growth increased (from 30 to 83, making it harder to combo at higher percents.)

Oh alright, thanks.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2127 Posted: 13:08:13 02/10/2015

She kind of does unless she's fighting idiots.

...All I have to say to all of these arguments...

look down
---
^This might be sarcasm.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#2128 Posted: 13:09:35 02/10/2015
This is pretty cool too see. I wonder if it includes the ballot winner?

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2129 Posted: 14:42:29 02/10/2015
I voted Rayman when the ballot started, but I have voted my other three characters just now:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Might do more if they come to mind but this is it for now.
---
#2130 Posted: 23:43:24 02/10/2015
I voted Rayman when the ballot started, but I have voted my other three characters just now:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Not bad. But, gender:mänlicch?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2131 Posted: 23:45:24 02/10/2015

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I believe it's Male in German
#2132 Posted: 23:48:07 02/10/2015
Quote: Wreckingball13

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I believe it's Male in German

Ok. I was just wondering, since the first one was in English.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2133 Posted: 23:58:47 02/10/2015
Neku Sakuraba plz!
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2134 Posted: 00:38:41 03/10/2015
Anybody want to play now? Hit me with a PM or reply this post, please and thank you <3
---
My life is complete.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2135 Posted: 01:17:32 03/10/2015
http://www.nintendolife.com/ne...uper_smash_bros

Good stuff.........
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#2136 Posted: 03:26:03 03/10/2015

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Interesting Choices. I diden't vote for anyone in the ballot.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#2137 Posted: 04:41:35 03/10/2015
I voted for Vile from Mega Man X.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#2138 Posted: 15:49:35 03/10/2015
I had a really good Roy ditto but I ****ed up trying to counter his neutral b. :c

But,
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:55 03/10/2015 by somePerson
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2139 Posted: 01:38:43 04/10/2015
In other news, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS came out everywhere a year ago.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#2140 Posted: 01:39:59 04/10/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
In other news, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS came out everywhere a year ago.

Damn, what a great day for sure!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2141 Posted: 02:46:34 04/10/2015

He has fallen!
#2142 Posted: 09:58:10 04/10/2015
And it was a Sonic too.

Mah boi.
---
Eggs Green Sparx Gems: 159
#2143 Posted: 11:31:47 04/10/2015
I hope King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee are two of the DLC characters, but I think I know who we're going to get.

- Inkling Boy/Girl
- Wolf
- Some Mario clone

As for the characters I main, I main Donkey Kong, Lucina, Ganondorf, Bowser, and King Dedede, so pretty much just Lucina and the heavyweights.
---
Smoke Horton Everyday
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:35:20 04/10/2015 by Eggs
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2144 Posted: 12:11:08 04/10/2015
I remeber 365 days ago when I was so ****ing pumped for the 3DS version. c;
---
My life is complete.
#2145 Posted: 15:42:38 04/10/2015
Quote: Eggs
I hope King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee are two of the DLC characters, but I think I know who we're going to get.

- Inkling Boy/Girl
- Wolf
- Some Mario clone

As for the characters I main, I main Donkey Kong, Lucina, Ganondorf, Bowser, and King Dedede, so pretty much just Lucina and the heavyweights.

NO

PLEASE

NO

NOT THOSE THREE

Sorry about that smilie

I would want Shantae, Bandana Waddle Dee, and possibly Shovel Knight. But Shovel Knight is only because my friend will stop whining if that happens.

Also, who here actively plays mostly Smash Bros 3DS?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2146 Posted: 16:44:36 04/10/2015
I really want to form a DarkSpyro Crew Battle.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2147 Posted: 16:52:13 04/10/2015
Quote: Eggs

- Inkling Boy/Girl
- Wolf
- Some Mario clone

NO

PLEASE

NO

NOT THOSE THREE

Sorry about that smilie

I would want Shantae, Bandana Waddle Dee, and possibly Shovel Knight. But Shovel Knight is only because my friend will stop whining if that happens.

Also, who here actively plays mostly Smash Bros 3DS?

I only play 3DS since I don't have a WiiU.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2148 Posted: 16:59:35 04/10/2015
I play 3DS more because it's more convenient. My 3DS is always in my room, or on my person, but my Wii U is downstairs.

---

I hope that the 3DS's limited space doesn't hold back on how much DLC there'll be.
#2149 Posted: 17:45:32 04/10/2015

How would we get that to work?
---
#2150 Posted: 17:59:34 04/10/2015

How would we get that to work?

10 stocks a team I guess. We could send in a player one at a time through pm and results will be posted here. Teams will be another question however.

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:09 04/10/2015 by somePerson
First | Previous | Page 43 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me