Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 39 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1901 Posted: 12:44:33 02/09/2015
Quote: I-Brawler
Quote: MugoUrth
If you were to tell me that Rosie/Luma was S tier, I would not argue. Shiek is NOT S tier. I've fought her a lot of times, and while I did have problems fighting her at first, I eventually learned to adapt to her style and I generally don't lose to her even with big characters. I mean, I'm not a god player, but I'm still pretty good on a good day.

Like I said, I don't always play FG rules.

*politely shoves in your face*

Okay first off, if you're "shoving" something in my face, you're not doing anything politely. Just mentioning the little oxymoron at the bottom of your post.

Also, ZSS is comparable to Sheik when it comes to not being able to kill their opponent early and easily. Also like Sheik, ZSS's attacks require dead-on accuracy in order to work, and even against a good Bowser or Gannondorf player she'll have a hard time connecting her attacks. She might be able to kill with her attacks when she DOES connect, but the ZSS player needs to be REALLY good in order to pull it off consistently. Plus it requires either perfect timing or an opponent who's an idiot.

I'm sorry, call it ignorance if you will, but I'm not going to change my opinion on Sheik. I consider her to be an EXTREMELY overrated character, and I always will. (On another note, while I do main Bowser, he's far from the only character I play as. I give all characters a chance, and have probably used every character in the game at least twice online except for probably the Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem characters. Speaking of MetaKnight, I've been using him quite a lot lately, and I also use Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, WFT, Pac Man and a few other characters quite a bit online.)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:06:03 02/09/2015 by MugoUrth
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1902 Posted: 12:50:18 02/09/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

So? That doesn't make me a "Casual player." Believe me, I HAVE played some very good players on the 3DS though. I'd argue I'm about average when it comes to skill, but I still consider average to be pretty decent.

filthy casual

Dude, shut up. Seriously, internet=/=excuse to be a jerk and/or hide behind "lol im joking".

BTW, I remember when MetaKnight used to be considered one of the worst in this game, but over time he became more ballanced and usefull. What things ultimately seperate him then from now?

Updates.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1903 Posted: 13:06:20 02/09/2015
Meta Knight used to have awful hitbox problems like Samus and Mewtwo still have. The swishy animations from his sword didn't match the hitboxes of his moves. The animations were larger than the hitboxes meaning you'd often think your attack should hit from a certain distance, but it wouldn't.

This was fixed though, through some moves being given smaller animations to match the hitboxes, or larger hitboxes to match the animations. He also saw some damage and frame data buffs.

Quote:
I'm sorry, call it ignorance if you will, but I'm not going to change my opinion on Sheik. I consider her to be an EXTREMELY overrated character, and I always will.

Fair enough, just don't expect your posts in regards to competitive discussion to be valued. At this point you're literally just saying "fast characters are overrated", when Sheik's speed is not what makes her top tier.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:09:43 02/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1904 Posted: 14:59:45 02/09/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

Dude, shut up. Seriously, internet=/=excuse to be a jer and/or hide behind "lol im joking".

BTW, I remember when MetaKnight used to be considered one of the worst in this game, but over time he became more ballanced and usefull. What things ultimately seperate him then from now?

Guys learn how to ≠.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
Dude, shut up. Seriously, internet=/=excuse to be a jerk and/or hide behind "lol im joking".

Internet =/= Excuse to throw a tantrum like a 2-year-old. (Which you always do, I might add)

And stop throwing that card around because literally no one cares about your little brainless "internet =/= excuse to be a jerk lol" card.

- - -

not everyone has a =/= mesu
---
you never saw me
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1905 Posted: 15:01:10 02/09/2015

Guys learn how to ≠.

Internet =/= Excuse to throw a tantrum like a 2-year-old. (Which you always do, I might add)

And stop throwing that card around because literally no one cares about your little brainless "internet =/= excuse to be a jerk lol" card.

- - -

not everyone has a =/= mesu

You literally just have to hold down the alt key and press the equal key. It's not that hard.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1906 Posted: 15:46:13 02/09/2015
So...what was the update for?
---
My life is complete.
#1907 Posted: 16:13:26 02/09/2015
I just tried that and it doesn't work for me, but I also don't see why it's such a big deal to you. So please kindly shove off. smilie

(Also apparently that only works with Macs, and I don't use Apple**** products, so...)

It's a pet peeve. If you can't do it, fine. If you feel like making someone's day a little better, then go ahead. In the end of the day, it doesn't matter.
#1908 Posted: 17:22:26 02/09/2015
it allowed for tourney mode to let you create 1 stock tourneys or extend the time limit to 10 minutes, both only on self created tourneys

i think
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:33:06 02/09/2015 by I-Brawler
#1909 Posted: 17:25:00 02/09/2015
^Fantastic.
---
My life is complete.
Batzooka119 Ripto Gems: 720
#1910 Posted: 18:17:35 02/09/2015
it allowed for tourney mode to let you create 1 stock tourneys or extend the time limit to 10 minutes, both only on self created tourneys

i think

Only one stock?
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#1911 Posted: 18:27:15 02/09/2015
wario feels like he got buffed
#1912 Posted: 18:47:37 02/09/2015
Quote: Batzooka119

i think

Only one stock?

to clarify i think it was

1. Creating 1 stock tourneys to fit the 3 minute time limit on Nintendo's own (not sure if you can do 1 stock yourself orrrrr)
2. allowing for self created tourneys to have a time limit of 10 minutes max
---
you never saw me
#1913 Posted: 18:53:12 02/09/2015
I'd like to remind everyone, that the ballot is NOT a contest. It's suggestions. The person with the most votes, second most votes, hell, all the way down to least amount if votes isn't guaranteed to become DLC.
Batzooka119 Ripto Gems: 720
#1914 Posted: 18:57:23 02/09/2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/smash..._ends_a/cuo7brh
#1915 Posted: 19:13:35 02/09/2015
I'd like to remind everyone, that the ballot is NOT a contest. It's suggestions. The person with the most votes, second most votes, hell, all the way down to least amount if votes isn't guaranteed to become DLC.

If they are a Nintendo character and they win, then they are guaranteed.

If they are third party and they win, then it's guaranteed they will at least attempt to negotiate their inclusion.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1916 Posted: 19:14:53 02/09/2015

Sure, but votes certainly matter, because for them votes = sales. Sakurai doesn't have to choose Goku or Ridley if they have the most votes, but that doesn't mean that the amount of votes mean nothing.

Sakurai has the final say, but votes do matter a whole lot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:45 02/09/2015 by LunarDistortion
#1917 Posted: 19:26:03 02/09/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

If they are third party and they win, then it's guaranteed they will at least attempt to negotiate their inclusion.

When was it said they were guaranteed? I thought the only info was that "they'd take every vote into consideration".
And what if the winner is for, say, Ice Climbers. Sakurai already said that they can't add them due to hardware limitations. If they win, and the winner is guaranteed to get in, what can they do? Same goes for characters like Ghirahim and Waluigi. What will they do if they win the ballot? As much as I'd love it, they're not gonna remove them as assist trophies and ad them to the roster.

Quote: LunarDistortion

Sure, but votes certainly matter, because for them votes = sales. Sakurai doesn't have to choose Goku or Ridley if they have the most votes, but that doesn't mean that the amount of votes mean nothing.

I wanted to say this, but I couldn't say it without it sounding really awkward so I just left it out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:12 02/09/2015 by Mesuxelf
#1918 Posted: 19:32:35 02/09/2015
No, it's YOU causing the problems. And no, I'm not "throwing a tantrum or overreacting" YOU are being a ****ING A**HOLE FOR NO GOOD REASON. YOU are the one who called me a "filthy casual" and you're ALSO resorting to using words like "Child" and "Stupid." So yes, you ARE being a jerk for no reason, and no, it's YOUR fault because YOU are the one provoking it. And yes, you DO have an act to clean up. If you're not trying to be a jerk, than just drop the subject, because I'm sick and tired of this BS coming from people like you.

I'm not denying "facts"

See, you just proved my point with this post. lmao

(I wasn't the one that called you a "filthy casual", btw, so you've only further proved my point that you don't think before posting and instead go into rage mode)

Yeah, it's called denying facts.

(Great over-usage of capitalization, italics, and bold, btw definitely proves that you aren't throwing a tantrum right now smilie )

There's a difference between "throwing tantrums" as you put it and trying to stress the point out. I don't care how "childish" you think someone is being, that doesn't excuse your rudeness.

And no, it's not called "denying facts," it's called a difference in opinion.

When was it said they were guaranteed? I thought the only info was that "they'd take every vote into consideration".
And what if the winner is for, say, Ice Climbers. Sakurai already said that they can't add them due to hardware limitations. If they win, and the winner is guaranteed to get in, what can they do? Same goes for characters like Ghirahim and Waluigi. What will they do if they win the ballot? As much as I'd love it, they're not gonna remove them as assist trophies and ad them to the roster.

I always kind of wondered why Ice Climbers doesn't work in the game, but they managed to make Rosalina and Luma work. Aren't they kind of similar in the fact that you're more or less controlling two characters at the same time?
#1919 Posted: 19:53:51 02/09/2015
Quote:

They were pretty clear that Ice Climbers aren't doable for the 3DS version, and they are not popular enough to win the ballot.

They were also clear on that votes should be for characters that don't already have a role in the game, and once again, Waluigi and Ghirahim are not nearly popular enough to win anyway, nor are any other characters already with a role in the game, so I wouldn't worry about that. Assist trophies and what not are strictly for characters that are not quite popular enough to be in the game, or just aren't doable enough for a full moveset or whatever. Then you have random stuff like Pong.

Sakurai said the ballot is for "fanservice". He is aiming to give fans exactly what they want. If the character is a Nintendo character, there is no major licensing hoops to jump through, so it's just a matter of him making a moveset, which he will do because clearly the winner is "what the fans want".

If it's a third party, it's guaranteed he will at least attempt to negotiate the character's inclusion with said company because that's "what the fans want".

Quote:
I always kind of wondered why Ice Climbers doesn't work in the game, but they managed to make Rosalina and Luma work. Aren't they kind of similar in the fact that you're more or less controlling two characters at the same time?

Luma is a much simpler model than an Ice Climber, and his animations are simpler. He also doesn't have as much AI as he is partly controlled directly by the player (unlike Ice Climbers, where the second Ice Climber is controlled by the AI).
---
#1920 Posted: 19:57:21 02/09/2015
Except it is childish, and you're only proving it further by acting this way and denying your childish behavior.

Anyways, I think I've gotten enough amusement out of you for one day, so tata~

I disagree with being childish. I'm trying to be assertive towards you.

Anyway, that's all I pretty much have left to say.

Luma is a much simpler model than an Ice Climber, and his animations are simpler. He also doesn't have as much AI as he is partly controlled directly by the player (unlike Ice Climbers, where the second Ice Climber is controlled by the AI).

Ah, I suppose that makes sense. TBH, I actually kind of like playing as her.
#1921 Posted: 20:08:16 02/09/2015

Anyone have the current standings on the matter?

No official ballot results yet and I doubt they'll release that info, but there's quite a few fan polls that are fairly correct as far as we can tell.
#1922 Posted: 20:27:52 02/09/2015
Quote:
fairly correct as far as we can tell.

They aren't fairly correct as they only represent extremely small sample groups, nowhere near the amount of people that would be voting on the ballot.

Saying those fan polls are "fairly correct" is like posting an international poll on who likes rock music, but only taking into account the results of one nation and saying it's an accurate assessment of the international appeal of rock music.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:29:36 02/09/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1923 Posted: 20:46:12 02/09/2015
Quote:

They were pretty clear that Ice Climbers aren't doable for the 3DS version, and they are not popular enough to win the ballot.

They were also clear on that votes should be for characters that don't already have a role in the game, and once again, Waluigi and Ghirahim are not nearly popular enough to win anyway, nor are any other characters already with a role in the game, so I wouldn't worry about that. Assist trophies and what not are strictly for characters that are not quite popular enough to be in the game, or just aren't doable enough for a full moveset or whatever. Then you have random stuff like Pong.

Sakurai said the ballot is for "fanservice". He is aiming to give fans exactly what they want. If the character is a Nintendo character, there is no major licensing hoops to jump through, so it's just a matter of him making a moveset, which he will do because clearly the winner is "what the fans want".

If it's a third party, it's guaranteed he will at least attempt to negotiate the character's inclusion with said company because that's "what the fans want".

Quote:

Thanks for that, but where does it say the winner (if it's nintendo) is guaranteed.. I don't remember seeing that in the ballot anywhere.
#1924 Posted: 21:16:55 02/09/2015
Quote:

They aren't fairly correct as they only represent extremely small sample groups, nowhere near the amount of people that would be voting on the ballot.

Saying those fan polls are "fairly correct" is like posting an international poll on who likes rock music, but only taking into account the results of one nation and saying it's an accurate assessment of the international appeal of rock music.

Except not everyone who owns Smash will be voting, not even close. They've only advertised this on the Smash site, a few tweets, and one direct, that's a pretty small reach. You're greatly overestimating this casual boogeyman. Even if they did exist, there isn't any order. There won't be 1 or 2 huge casual characters, people will vote for whoever they want, be it Freddy Fazbear, Zant, Shadow the Hedgehog, or Koopa Troopa, leading to a ton of split results instead of a gigantic votebase that trumps other Smashboards/Gamefaqs type fighters tenfold.

The polls aren't entirely accurate, but the bigger polls do a good job showing what is probably going to be the biggest factor when it comes to votes: the fans.
#1925 Posted: 21:34:57 02/09/2015
Quote:

Except not everyone who owns Smash will be voting, not even close. They've only advertised this on the Smash site, a few tweets, and one direct, that's a pretty small reach. You're greatly overestimating this casual boogeyman. Even if they did exist, there isn't any order. There won't be 1 or 2 huge casual characters, people will vote for whoever they want, be it Freddy Fazbear, Zant, Shadow the Hedgehog, or Koopa Troopa, leading to a ton of split results instead of a gigantic votebase that trumps other Smashboards/Gamefaqs type fighters tenfold.

The polls aren't entirely accurate, but the bigger polls do a good job showing what is probably going to be the biggest factor when it comes to votes: the fans.

Just because they only advertised on a few sites doesn't mean that word of mouth didn't spread it around. Reddit. dS. Basically any game forum got the news too, and spread it to people who didn't hear.
#1926 Posted: 21:48:37 02/09/2015
Quote:

Literally everything in your post is pure assumption:

-I never even mentioned the "casual" fanbase. I myself haven't said who I voted for in any fan polls. There are many other hardcore Smash fans in my position. The majority of people who do this are dedicated members of the SPECULATIVE Smash bubble, which is an extremely particular niche. That's a fact.

-Since you brought it up, I think you are even assuming a lot of things about the so called "casual" fanbase. Nintendo fans who may not be super dedicated with Smash still have a lot of common characters they would like to see that often surpass what the hardcore community wants, which is why a lot of Smash 4 additions have been more surprising to the community than they should have been (hardcore Smash speculators wanted/expected Toad, Waluigi, Daisy, and Bowser. Jr - we only got one of those, and got Rosalina too, because Rosalina is extremely popular in the larger Nintendo fanbase, even though people weren't specifically asking for her to be in Smash, they just wanted to see her in more games period). That's a fact.

-Along with the places you mentioned, the Smash Ballot has been advertised on Nintendo's own website, Miiverse, their various Facebook accounts, and by a bunch of other game developers who want their characters in Smash, including Ubisoft and Konami. Just to name a few places. It's more than well advertised. That's a fact.

-The sample groups accumatively don't even come close to the views of the YouTube video of the direct, or even the Twitch stream, which doesn't have that much.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

So no matter what way you swing it, these fan polls cannot and do not account for a very wide range and not near the amount of people who voted. That's a fact.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1927 Posted: 22:02:20 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator

So? That doesn't make me a "Casual player." Believe me, I HAVE played some very good players on the 3DS though. I'd argue I'm about average when it comes to skill, but I still consider average to be pretty decent.

filthy casual

dude seriously, it's the internet. if you're going to take every person seriously, you're in for one hell of an adventure
---
words. letters. filler.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1928 Posted: 22:31:29 02/09/2015
Cut the bickering and rude comments or I may have to consider suspensions.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1929 Posted: 22:35:24 02/09/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Cut the bickering and rude comments or I may have to consider suspensions.

Who was this directed towards? Some people are exchanging views, while others are arguing.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#1930 Posted: 22:54:51 02/09/2015
Cleaned up the thread somewhat.

Quit arguing, all of you, and Mugo, if you're going to be on the internet, learn sarcasm and how it works. Taco calling you one on the prev. page was sarcasm.

Quit already.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:01 02/09/2015 by JCW555
#1931 Posted: 00:00:49 03/09/2015
I only want Ice Climbers just to see if they have another infinite. XD But Luma is basically a simplified Nana. I wished they didn't let the 3DS downgrade the Wii U version and let it go up to its potential. The Wii U version could have much more than it does today but can't because of Smash for 3DS. :/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:06 03/09/2015 by somePerson
#1932 Posted: 01:55:17 03/09/2015
I wouldn't compare Luma to Nana at all. They don't function at all alike, and I would call Luma the more complex one in terms of gameplay applications. Though model and programming wise he would be the simpler one to make.
---
WWECOLAPUNK Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#1933 Posted: 01:58:32 03/09/2015
Those filthy casuals
#1934 Posted: 02:50:00 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: WWECOLAPUNK
Those filthy casuals

stop or get out of my topic
---
words. letters. filler.
WWECOLAPUNK Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#1935 Posted: 03:58:16 03/09/2015
Those filthy casuals

I was 100% serious -.-
#1936 Posted: 04:02:50 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Those filthy casuals

I was 100% serious -.-

So am I. Did you not read the whole "drop it" post that mods stated?
---
words. letters. filler.
#1937 Posted: 19:34:39 04/09/2015
Anybody down rn?
---
My life is complete.
#1938 Posted: 19:36:42 04/09/2015
^Ye. PM me bruh.
#1939 Posted: 23:21:40 04/09/2015

Someone pls rate my play c:
#1940 Posted: 23:27:11 04/09/2015
more grabs less rolls
---
you never saw me
#1941 Posted: 23:45:25 04/09/2015
more grabs less rolls

I roll because other people roll :c
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1942 Posted: 00:18:21 05/09/2015
more grabs less rolls

I roll because other people roll :c

It's contagious. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1943 Posted: 00:42:31 05/09/2015

Someone pls rate my play c:

Mario is my third/fourth best, so I'll weigh in:

-Don't use his dash attack as an approach, unless your opponent is attacking high, as it's easily punishable. It's better used as a combo linker/finisher.
-Fireballs as a get away thing is good, but they are also good at creating approaches and being used in combos.
-I know people hate it, but make use of his Down Throw. It is an amazing combo starter and you can do so much with it.
-Don't be afraid to Up B into people coming at you from above when they are at moderate percents or higher. They will not punish you if you hit them as they will be launched away and you can land, unless they are a really fast faller. It's nice way of getting a bit of extra damage in.
-It's already been said but roll a bit less. Luckily Mario's roll is great so you can use it a bit more, but many players are far too predictable with it and just spam it too much.

Just a few quick tips off the top of my head. Apologies if you already know some of these, I'm just going off that video.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#1944 Posted: 00:44:01 05/09/2015
Man.Ive been learning how to become a better player.Man ive improved...
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1945 Posted: 01:35:43 05/09/2015
BANDANADEE
A
N
D
A
N
A
D
E
E
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#1946 Posted: 01:35:49 05/09/2015
Don't use dash attacks as your approach period.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1947 Posted: 01:41:11 05/09/2015
Quote: somePerson
Don't use dash attacks as your approach period.

unless you are luigi

the flail makes me exhale copious amounts of oxygen out of my lungs in an uncontrollable spasm
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
First | Previous | Page 39 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me