Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 36 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1751 Posted: 11:34:31 22/08/2015
I feel if they add a new Sonic character, it would be either Tails, Eggman, or Shadow.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1752 Posted: 12:32:57 22/08/2015
I am going to be honest... I would not be enthused to see Rayman in this game. ...Yeah, I said it. Nothing against him or his games, there are just characters I would rather see in this game more than him. It would be cool to see Banjo and Kazooie in the game. ...Sue me, I'm predictable.

For a namco game, who says a second rep would have to be from Tekken or Soul Calibur? Then again, I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who would have a good shot at being in the game, but...

And for Sega, I also doubt anyone else from Sonic would be used, especially Shadow (already an assist trophy). Also, please not Bayonetta. Her I really DO have something against. Plus, she's not even that historical of a character.
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#1753 Posted: 13:06:25 22/08/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
I feel if they add a new Sonic character, it would be either Tails, Eggman, or Shadow.

Tails for sure.
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1754 Posted: 13:12:43 22/08/2015
Well I want four eventual characters for my DLC roster to make a square roster on the 3DS. So I'm hoping for Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee (doubtful, and I'm predictable), Krystal, and I'd love Waluigi or Toad, but they won't happen.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1755 Posted: 14:56:39 22/08/2015
I don't see why people think a different SEGA mascot would get in over another Sonic character.

Sonic is the only franchise SEGA has now that can stand next to Nintendo games in terms of how beloved they are. Combined with the fact the Mario & Sonic Olympics exist, and the DLC in Sonic Lost World being a thing (and the fact Nintendo published it), I would much sooner expect a second Sonic rep than another SEGA mascot. Me personally, I would want Eggman.

If we were to get a second SEGA rep, I would want it to be NiGHTS, since NiGHTS is the sister franchise of Sonic. And the games are just cool and so is the character.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:00 22/08/2015 by sonicbrawler182
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1756 Posted: 16:07:21 22/08/2015
Eggman would be the best for a Sonic rep. He's different from other Sonic characters because hes a villain and HUMAN!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#1757 Posted: 16:24:19 22/08/2015
His final Smash could be to transform into the death egg robot. I'd prefer Robotnik over any other sonic character anyday.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1758 Posted: 22:20:22 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Camo22
Quote: Mesuxelf

Tails for sure.

It would most definitely be Shadow. You know how Sakurai loves clones!!!
---
words. letters. filler.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#1759 Posted: 01:40:27 23/08/2015
Quote: CAV
Soul Calibur's mascots are Nightmare and Ivy, two characters who both aren't exactly all that appropriate for Smash Bros. Siegfried is the next best option in that instance.

That said they'd probably sooner go with a Tekken character. That's not too awful but I'd rather see someone from Soul Calibur, especially with Ryu already in the game making a traditional fighter character less necessary.

They may be the mascots, but I kinda feel someone like Siegfried or Sophitia more likely. Most of the core story seems to involve the two of them.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
Or they could use Yoshimitsu and rep both Tekken and Soul Calibur at the same time.

lol good point.

Quote: MugoUrth
I am going to be honest... I would not be enthused to see Rayman in this game. ...Yeah, I said it. Nothing against him or his games, there are just characters I would rather see in this game more than him. It would be cool to see Banjo and Kazooie in the game. ...Sue me, I'm predictable.

For a namco game, who says a second rep would have to be from Tekken or Soul Calibur? Then again, I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who would have a good shot at being in the game, but...

And for Sega, I also doubt anyone else from Sonic would be used, especially Shadow (already an assist trophy). Also, please not Bayonetta. Her I really DO have something against. Plus, she's not even that historical of a character.

Is there really a whole lot else out there from Namco besides Tekken, SoulCalibur, Katamari, or Tales? Even then, Tales & Tekken already have a rep in the form of a Mii Outfit. Could get a fighter too, but who knows.

Might I ask what you have against Bayonetta other than her being human?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1760 Posted: 02:50:45 23/08/2015
I want s sexy Ivy Mii Sowrdsman costume. Yummy.
#1761 Posted: 03:39:13 23/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
Soul Calibur's mascots are Nightmare and Ivy, two characters who both aren't exactly all that appropriate for Smash Bros. Siegfried is the next best option in that instance.

That said they'd probably sooner go with a Tekken character. That's not too awful but I'd rather see someone from Soul Calibur, especially with Ryu already in the game making a traditional fighter character less necessary.

They may be the mascots, but I kinda feel someone like Siegfried or Sophitia more likely. Most of the core story seems to involve the two of them.

Or they could use Yoshimitsu and rep both Tekken and Soul Calibur at the same time.

lol good point.

Is there really a whole lot else out there from Namco besides Tekken, SoulCalibur, Katamari, or Tales? Even then, Tales & Tekken already have a rep in the form of a Mii Outfit. Could get a fighter too, but who knows.

"her design is op. i can't focus when i see her" -windumup
---
words. letters. filler.
#1762 Posted: 03:45:26 23/08/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

lol good point.

lol, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case for Mugo.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1763 Posted: 05:23:37 23/08/2015 | Topic Creator

lol good point.

I know, I was just throwing that quote out there since Bayonetta does have a skimpy design especially with her Climax attack
---
words. letters. filler.
#1764 Posted: 05:29:28 23/08/2015

I know, I was just throwing that quote out there since Bayonetta does have a skimpy design especially with her Climax attack

No arguments there.
---
#1765 Posted: 12:34:25 23/08/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Eggman would be the best for a Sonic rep. He's different from other Sonic characters because hes a villain and HUMAN!

Honestly, I do not see many people asking for Eggman, and besides being one of the few human villains to anthro characters left in media (and his voice) is there really all that much to like about him?

I'd tell you in VM, but you blocked me.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#1766 Posted: 12:35:22 23/08/2015
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lay...188962257190912

Rumours flying up about Professor Layton possibly being in Smash. Discuss.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1767 Posted: 12:36:22 23/08/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Honestly, I do not see many people asking for Eggman, and besides being one of the few human villains to anthro characters left in media (and his voice) is there really all that much to like about him?

I'd tell you in VM, but you blocked me.

Oh no, I love Eggman's personality and think he has potential for a GREAT moveset!

Can you send me a VM as well? You're always interesting to talk to.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:37:34 23/08/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#1768 Posted: 12:38:46 23/08/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987

DON'T PLAY WITH MY HEART CHRISTOPHER

DON'T MESS WITH ME
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1769 Posted: 13:09:19 23/08/2015
I'd definitely like to see Layton in, despite not playing any of his games. He's just kind of a cool character that would be interesting to play as. It'd also be great for his fans. I don't know if I believe that leak though, I think it could just be him trying for more Layton support, but I'm not opposed to it. Layton would make a ton of sense as a Preballot newcomer.
#1770 Posted: 14:40:20 23/08/2015
Christopher has previously denied Layton being in Smash.

That was before the game released, though.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1771 Posted: 15:26:52 23/08/2015
I wouldn't mind seeing Layton in Smash. I never played the games but I still voted for him because I think he makes sense since he one of Nintendo's most popular second-party characters.

Speaking of the ballot, I have a question: Who are your dream characters for this game? As in, whether they have a chance at smash or will definitely never be in Smash at all, which characters do you want to see in Smash 4? Personally I really want to see Shantae and Quote from Cave Story(Though I'd really be satisfied if Shantae or Cave Story had ANY representation in the game, even if it was just a trophy).
---
Cool cool.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#1772 Posted: 15:42:36 23/08/2015
There is only one character I'd like to see in Smash Bros. more than Professor Layton:

[User Posted Image]

; _ ;
#1773 Posted: 16:30:24 23/08/2015
My main dream requests would probably Waluigi, Ghirahim, and Ridley. Unfortunately all 3 of them were used elsewhere in the game and thus deconfirmed for the Ballot.

Ghirahim and Ridley are very unlikely for Smash 5. Waluigi's the only one of the three with a bit of chance for that game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:46:30 23/08/2015 by LunarDistortion
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1774 Posted: 17:02:01 23/08/2015
Pfft. I'd much rather see Phoenix Wright in Sm4sh than Layton has a much better chance. :E
---
My life is complete.
#1775 Posted: 17:26:32 23/08/2015
My most wanted characters for Smash are:

-Rayman
-Professor Layton
-Captain Toad
-Sora
-Dimentio
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1776 Posted: 17:46:17 23/08/2015
I just want Wolf ;~;

I'll gladly accept any newcomers though.
#1777 Posted: 17:55:10 23/08/2015
If we're talking overall, my most wanted Smash 4 characters are definitely K. Rool, Inklings, and Rayman. Wolf and Snake are the only veterans I want, the rest can stay where they are.
#1778 Posted: 18:17:00 23/08/2015
Neku Sakuraba plz
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#1779 Posted: 20:44:53 23/08/2015
I really wanna see Jeff from Earthbound.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1780 Posted: 21:15:20 23/08/2015
Bandana Deesus is the way. Get in or get out, non-deelievers!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#1781 Posted: 22:15:37 23/08/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
Pfft. I'd much rather see Phoenix Wright in Sm4sh than Layton has a much better chance. :E

Oh no. Megaman, Ryu AND Phoenix Wright!? smilie Capcom, you already have characters in the game. smilie

Quote: FireMeowth
There is only one character I'd like to see in Smash Bros. more than Professor Layton:

--snip--

; _ ;

If anyone needs to ask whether I like to see Klonoa in the game or not, then you'll never know. But honestly, I don't think Klonoa is famous or popular enough.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:10 23/08/2015 by MugoUrth
#1782 Posted: 00:33:48 24/08/2015
So, no need to worry about that leak anymore.
#1783 Posted: 00:37:04 24/08/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion

Please don't try to spread this as a deconfirmation, as it isn't.

If you know anything about the video game VA business, you'd know that VAs often don't know what it is they are recording lines for, especially if it's a recurring role for a character that appears in multiple games. Often times, they will record voice clips for multiple games in one recording session. Mr. Miller never said "I am not in Smash Bros", he said "I have no idea IF I am in Smash Bros".

His tweet from earlier today, I feel is significant. The "THAT'S what those extra pages were for!" comment. It's possible he noticed some lines that he thought might be suited to a game like Smash Bros, and not so much other projects he may be recording for, such as battle grunts and what not. And then he just casually commented on the possibility of those being lines actually being for Smash Bros, not realising the gravity of what he was saying or that he might be breaking an NDA in saying that.

I'm not saying Layton's confirmed or anything, as again, Mr. Miller likely doesn't know, but him not knowing =/= Layton isn't going to be in the game. For all he knows, he already has recorded lines for Layton in Smash.
---
#1784 Posted: 00:44:41 24/08/2015
Never said he was deconfirmed or anything, just that the leak's dead. Continue voting for him if you want, as he's just as likely as he was before.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:19 24/08/2015 by LunarDistortion
#1785 Posted: 00:50:59 24/08/2015
Don't know what you mean by that, as it wasn't so much a leak.

As I said, it seems like Mr. Miller may have noticed a correlation between some of his lines and Smash. That's all it ever was, it wasn't an info leak, it was a VA seeing the possibility that he may have worked on material for a product, though never being sure about it.
---
#1786 Posted: 01:01:06 24/08/2015
Yeah, leak wasn't really a good way to put it, but overall he doesn't know anything about him being in Smash or not. We don't even know if the lines he recorded were for Smash or not. All we know is that he had some extra lines recently. I don't think we should put much weight on it, he isn't confirmed or deconfirmed, just back in limbo with some possible hope to hang onto.
#1787 Posted: 04:55:16 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: gillgrunt987

DON'T PLAY WITH MY HEART CHRISTOPHER

DON'T MESS WITH ME

Just before you have your heart broken, he's had his account locked before this, and he's giving the sarcastic tone as a response. I wouldn't take his response in any way of a confirmation if I were you.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1788 Posted: 08:19:04 24/08/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
Yeah, leak wasn't really a good way to put it, but overall he doesn't know anything about him being in Smash or not. We don't even know if the lines he recorded were for Smash or not. All we know is that he had some extra lines recently. I don't think we should put much weight on it, he isn't confirmed or deconfirmed, just back in limbo with some possible hope to hang onto.

To be honest, I think him having recorded extra lines as Professor Layton recently is huge news on its own, considering Layton's series (or Hershel's part of the story, at least) is already finished. If it wasn't recorded for Smash Bros., then it would mean Layton's showing up somewhere else!
...I can't really think of any plausible games for him to show up in except Smash Bros., though... Unless they're adding some new voice clips to Layton 7?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:25:57 24/08/2015 by FireMeowth
#1789 Posted: 10:58:51 24/08/2015
The Layton For Smash page put out a statement on the matter. TL;DR, it's pretty much as I was saying earlier. Mr. Miller was recording lines as Layton for two upcoming games, only one of which he knows the identity of. He suspects the second game is Smash, most likely due to the nature of the lines, but he shouldn't have said anything to begin with because NDAs.

Quote:
Yo, I disallowed myself from commenting anywhere other than on Twitter as LaytonSmash until this blew over. I have a few things to say:

1. I suck. Like, I really really suck. I acted out of excitement and gave the initial tweet a very leading phrasing, causing many people to think this was definite confirmation. Thankfully, many people remained skeptical as they should have.
1 pt2. I suck for making it confusing to cover. I know Derrick of the GameXplain team was very distressed when trying to cover the story, and it upset me greatly that I had made it so hard to follow that he had to make two separate videos to clarify after the first. I'll be a bit more responsible with info like this from now on and I'll likely post in an article style if anything of this sort comes up again, giving all facts I know on a given subject.
1 pt3 (the end of the sucking trilogy). I suck for even taking the tweet by Chris and publicising it, and I've already apologised to him on this. Truth is, I don't believe the guy himself understands IMDb very well, so when he recorded extra pages for something he didn't know about, he must have just assumed it was Smash. I believe it was irresponsible of me to ask this in the first place, but again, excitement got to the better of me.

That brings me on to better news, though:

2. At least two pieces of VA as Layton have been recorded. What are they for? Nobody knows. Chris only knows one. There's a second one that only Level-5 themselves (and if we're hopeful, Nintendo) can tell us about. My estimation is that the main one is for Layton-7, and it might be a more in-depth game than we first perceived, and is the only Layton-relevant thing that is to be localised within a reasonable timeframe (the second movie is only really a whisper on the wind right now). The second? It could be anything. An Easter egg in another game, like how he had a team in one Inazuma Eleven game. But, from his context of tweets, he seems to believe it was for Smash. The hope is not dead.

3. I learned Layton is massive in Spain. After the initial tweet from Chris, 'Layton' became one of the top trending topics in Spain. That was completely unexpected, and I really didn't know how big of a deal he was over there until that. That's very promising if they choose to look at certain regions.

4. I'd say, judging by the tweets and YT comments on the matter, 40% are in strong support, 25% were like "yeah makes sense" or "would have preferred Phoenix Wright but cool", while the remaining 35% are the loud ones who think their third parties or giant crocodiles are the second coming of Jesus. There were quite a few respectful hopes that the character wasn't in, but someone tweeted at me that the character looked too stupid to be in Smash. You get all kinds.

Also I'm apparently a terrible person for harassing Chris with that one tweet I sent and the curteous responses after he took time out of his life to tweet me.
---
#1790 Posted: 12:23:30 24/08/2015
I have one big problem with Layton being in Smash. No, it's not the fact he's human this time, but in all honesty... what would he be able to do? Does he really have any abilities that would work in Smash Brothers?
#1791 Posted: 12:54:22 24/08/2015
I have one big problem with Layton being in Smash. No, it's not the fact he's human this time, but in all honesty... what would he be able to do? Does he really have any abilities that would work in Smash Brothers?

He has fought many times within the series.

He's an established and talented fencer, so that would likely be incorporated into much of his normals. He also has created many gadgets for fending off villains over the course of the series, such as the famous Slot Machine Gun. He's also incredibly acrobatic.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Also, while he is a gentleman, he is not without a sophisticated and sassy sense of humour, which I think would be great for Smash:
[User Posted Image]

His Final Smash could simply be his famous "the culprit in this mystery...is YOU!" pose:

[User Posted Image]
---
#1792 Posted: 13:58:25 24/08/2015

You say that as if Smash Bros. don't have several fighters who have never done any fighting in their respective origin games. Just look at the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer... Layton is, as the post above shows, already a skilled fencer in his own series, so there's that as a basis, or they could just go completely nuts with moves based on the many puzzles from his games. I'd say Professor Layton is one of the characters with the highest potential for unique Smash Bros. moves!
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1793 Posted: 17:50:49 24/08/2015
Did the recent patch give ganondorf some boosts? Or could he always KO Bowser from the centre of the stage at 80%?
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1794 Posted: 18:21:48 24/08/2015
He could always do that.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1795 Posted: 21:50:37 24/08/2015
Quote: FireMeowth

You say that as if Smash Bros. don't have several fighters who have never done any fighting in their respective origin games. Just look at the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer... Layton is, as the post above shows, already a skilled fencer in his own series, so there's that as a basis, or they could just go completely nuts with moves based on the many puzzles from his games. I'd say Professor Layton is one of the characters with the highest potential for unique Smash Bros. moves!

This is how Smash Bros works most of the time. ^.^
#1796 Posted: 00:59:22 25/08/2015

I put up some replays today.

That last one is with CAV, though in general, we had a laggy session so don't think too much of it.
---
#1797 Posted: 01:34:24 25/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Not sure if anybody noticed but the OP was updated
---
words. letters. filler.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1798 Posted: 01:35:16 25/08/2015

I noticed.
Also the fact that the stage images don't work for me.
#1799 Posted: 03:08:41 25/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: weebbby

I noticed.
Also the fact that the stage images don't work for me.

They don't work for me either, but some pics just don't work for me sometimes. I'll upload them to another host and fix.
---
words. letters. filler.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#1800 Posted: 03:31:25 25/08/2015
bandana deesus or die
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
First | Previous | Page 36 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me