Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > What We Rely On [Superhero Roleplay!]
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What We Rely On [Superhero Roleplay!] [CLOSED]
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#301 Posted: 01:53:31 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
**** Modify thought It's that girl again!

They grabbed her hand and pulled themselves up. "Heh, thank you. That normally happens with Tigger when she's in heat..." suddenly Modify had remembered that this girl literally ELECTRICUED poor Tigger and started to panic.

"Is she okay?! Did you kill her? Oh god if you did..!"
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#302 Posted: 01:56:28 03/05/2015
Araya sighed.
I knew I should have thought more on what the ASPCA would have done... She thought.
"I just delivered a slight charge to it, it's still breathing and it's heart's still beating." She said, collapsing her staff. There was something about this zookeepr that was very familiar, she just couldn't place it.
#303 Posted: 02:05:03 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Modify felt at ease a bit, but was still pissed at how carless she was!

"Next time think smartly!" they scolded, "Who knows what big government agency could go after you."

Modify gave the tiger rope to a passing by employee, who started working on bringing the sleeping tiger back to it's habitat.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#304 Posted: 02:14:29 03/05/2015
Araya crossed her arms. She just saved this person's life! She should be a bit more grateful!

"At least I'm more responsible than other heroes out there, at least I don't look like I'm planting bombs on train tracks!" She said. She knew she shouldn't be arguing like that, but this woman was seriously pissing her off.
#305 Posted: 02:20:40 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Modify clentched their fist. "They were trying to difuse them! Not plant...."

Suddenly Modify realized what they just said. They had just given away vital information to their identity. How could they have reacted so carlessly? No...it was this girl....she broke through them. This was her plan all along.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#306 Posted: 02:59:09 03/05/2015
Did... did that zookeeper just talk about the person in black? That thing about diffusing them was only something they would know...
Suddenly it hit her. The person in black could shapeshift. This was her!

"HEY!" Araya yelled, grabbing the zookeeper by the shirt. "You're that person in black aren't you?! Tell me the truth, right now!"
#307 Posted: 03:02:01 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no

Modify had to think fast. This girl was strong, but she couldn't possibly hold up a lot of weight. So they did the only thing they could really do.

They went limp and aimed themselves towards the floor.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#308 Posted: 03:08:40 03/05/2015
The zookeeper went limp in Araya's arms. Did she faint? No, it was impossible, their heart rate had gone up instead of down. The people around her gasped. Then, it hit her. This bastard was trying to make it look like she was assulting them!

Araya slowly put the zookeeper down, and mocked checking for vitals. She knew they were fine. As she leaned down to their mouth to pretend to check for breathing, she got close enough to their ear to whisper something.

"If you get up and tell me the truth I promise not to bring you in or hurt you..." She whispered lightly. As much as it pained her to risk letting a possible criminal go, they did prove their worth at the robbery last night, maybe they could be allies.
#309 Posted: 03:16:05 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Should they trust this girl? Someone who followed them to solely let out their identity?

Maybe not.

If this girl was giving Modify, a supposed criminal, a chance then maybe they should do the same for her. "Fine," they replied through gritted teeth.

Modify slowly sat up, holding their head. "I'm sorry," they said, making their voice sound more feminine again, "When I get overloaded I faint, its a horrible burden...I need to go to the bathroom,"

They stood up, slightly touching the girl's shoulder hoping they would get the message to follow. They then their way to the nearest bathroom.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#310 Posted: 03:25:01 03/05/2015
Araya gave of a slightly cocky smirk. She finally did it.

As she followed the zookeeper shapeshifter-y person into the bathroom, she couldn't help but think: Is this what those people going to go **** in the back of a club feels like? But no, it couldn't be, this was superhero work, not a goddamn rave. The joy she was feeling was that she finally found that weird person in black!

As she thought about her accomplishment she let out a squeal and then quickly covered her mouth. This was serious superhero business! Badasses don't squeal! She opened the door and put on her best "serious" face.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:26:06 03/05/2015 by StriderSwag
#311 Posted: 03:40:37 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
As they started entering the bathroom, the girl behind them squealed a bit. Modify rolled their eyes. "This is serious, we don't want to draw attention towards us," they whispered.

Once they entered, Modify waited until the door of the bathroom had closed. Then they bent down so they could check the stalls: no one. They were alone. "Alright, now I can take this stuff off," they said, gently tearing off the wig.

The brown ponytail revealed a wigcap holding thin, dark red hair. Modify took that off too, letting all the hair stick out. Then they reached a bit under their chin and started to take off the latex mask that they had worn. Modify had turned back into their identity: Taylor Juniper. "Now, let me explain what had happened at the train tracks..."

Taylor walked over to the last stall and hit the wall next to it with their fist. A small door in the area popped open, and inside the wall was a compartment with a black breifcase. They took it out, closed the small door, and walked back over the counter while opening the case. Taylor put the mask and wig componets back into the briefcase along with other costumes, and closed it. While they did all this, they explained the situation. "I was trying to do what all other heroes do: save the day,"

"However I found the need for no real disguise to difuse the bombs. So I went in my non-disguise costume: the black everything. I managed to difuse most of the bombs when suddenly the rumor began to spread that I was the one who planted the bombs which..didn't make sense but sometimes the people here don't think. Since then it went downhill. I made a mistake, people do that."
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#312 Posted: 03:48:06 03/05/2015
Araya crossed her arms. She knew being a hero was important and should be taken seriously, but it didn't have to be all work and no play. This person was kind of being a jerk.

She listened intently to what the person had to say.

"So it was a slip up then?" Araya said, crossing her arms and leaning against a stall. "I do that a lot. I-I mean, I've handled situations like that a lot."
How did this shapeshifting jerk play it so cool? How was it possible to be THAT badass?
"I understand if you were trying to diffuse the bombs, then. You saved my life last night, you've earned that trust in my book."

Suddenly, the stall door caved under her, making Araya fall to the ground. Jesus this place was run down. If tigers can escape and stall doors break apart from weight, this place seriously needed an upgrade.
#313 Posted: 03:52:55 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Taylor saw as the girl began to fall under the old stall door. Thankfully she didn't hit her head on the toilet seat. That would of hurt and be gross for her. "Oh shoot, are you alright?" they asked, holding out their hand, "I used to work here when I was younger. This place has always been like that, I got a couple injuries because things were too damn old here."
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#314 Posted: 03:56:45 03/05/2015
Araya rubbed her shoulder a bit and stood up.
"Yeah, I'll be fine in a few seconds. It's just a bruise, nothing my healing factor can't handle." Araya showed the hero as the slight bruise slowly faded into nothingness.
"See? I'm better now. But enough about me, who are you anyways?"
#315 Posted: 04:01:25 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Taylor was impressed. It was rare to see an offensive hero having healing abilities.

"My name is Taylor Juniper, but my hero alias is Modify. I don't exactly have a facinating power like you do, however I have the ability to disguise myself as anybody: looks, voice, and even personality depending if it's an actual person who exists."
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#316 Posted: 04:05:54 03/05/2015
"Nice." Araya said, sizing up this Taylor person. They looked like a good person to have on her side. "I'm Cell. I'm really Araya Reynolds though, I'm sure you've heard of the stupid plight the media thinks I'm still in after twelve years."

Then, she had an idea. She always wanted to meet someone who could change their voice. Maybe this would work well.
"I want you to do something for me. Prove your worth, I guess." She said, smiling at the idea that would soon be put into glorious motion. "Seduce me with the golden windpipes of Morgan Freeman."
#317 Posted: 04:11:42 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Taylor was correct, this was that daughter from long ago.

They smiled and slightly laughed at the request. "Alright here I go, I guess. Here's Morgan Freeman reading one excerpt I managed to memorize from an old book: 50 Shades of Gray."

Then Taylor did the thing, and it was amazing.

OOC: THE LINK IS ACTUALLY A SECTION FROM 50 SHADES PLS DONT WATCH WHEN PARENTS ARE AROUND
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#318 Posted: 04:17:01 03/05/2015
Araya fell on the ground laughing. That was quite possibly the funniest thing she'd ever heard, and it literally brought tears to her eyes. As she slowly stopped laughing and started standing up, she realized something. She had to have Modify help her out. Not only were they a certified badass, they were also funny as hell, two qualities every super-team needs. Maybe they could start one, like the Avengers or the Justice League from those comics long ago, or like any of those really popular teams like the Lazer Team or the Mega Force.

"Hey, I have a weird question for you." Araya said. Now seemed a good enough time to ask.
"I trust you, you're awesome and funny, do you uh... want to form a super-team or... something?" She asked nervously.
#319 Posted: 04:22:54 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Taylor couldn't help but laugh too. They haven't really laughed like this in a long time, and all the stress seemed to go away.

When Araya asked her question, however; Taylor was met with confliction. "Well I...,"

Taylor never had really imagined working in a team before. Even though they had good cooperation skills, they'd still much rather work alone. They didn't want to deal with drama, nor accidentally get their teammates in danger.

"I'm sorry Araya, you're a very nice girl but...I have to think about it. I don't think I'm ready yet."
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#320 Posted: 04:27:37 03/05/2015
Araya's heart dropped a little bit, she couldn't help but feel bad. She was also pretty sure her disappointment showed on her face.

"Oh... Okay..." She said, trying her best not to sound sad. "I live at the apartment complex across from that now half destroyed coffee shop, I'm in the penthouse. Meet me there if you ever want to team up or anything."

Araya had been at this for 3 years, so why did she feel like such a ****ing rookie around Taylor? She shook the feeling and walked out the door, vaulted up the roof of the building housing the restrooms, and disappeared into the morning light.
#321 Posted: 04:30:32 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Taylor felt a little bad. They didn't want to hurt Araya but at the same time they felt that joining a team would end up, in the future, hurting her more. They just couldn't let that happen.

Before Taylor could reply, Araya had left leaving Taylor alone in the bathroom. It was quiet and peaceful...but it felt empty.

Taylor picked up their suitcase and left the bathroom, walking back home.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#322 Posted: 04:37:08 03/05/2015
As Araya vaulted around the city and back home, she took some time to think. Why did she feel so amateur compared to Taylor? She was pretty sure she had a few solid years on her, heroing-wise, it just didn't seem to add up. And for the most part, save for Zodiac, Cell was a solo hero, why did she want to start a superhero team all of a sudden?

As she got to her apartment's window and crawled inside, a somber feeling came over her. Two rejections in two days, talk about brutal. First was Zodiac's harshness about her morals, now this?
Whatever... She thought. It shouldn't bother me.

But it did. Feeling sad, and just a little alone, Araya put on some more comfortable clothes and curled up under a blanket on the couch.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:51 03/05/2015 by StriderSwag
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#323 Posted: 04:50:19 03/05/2015
Ray climbed up the side of the apartment complex he resided in, peeking into windows every so often to see if he'd gotten to his, and stopping sometimes whenever he found something worth watching such as someone's TV left on or other nefarious and risque things aswell as one cat that was fighting a lizard. Ray eventually made it to his apartment, thankfully his had a balcony which would make breaking in incredibly easy. He brought his hand up and slowly his nails began to grow into long claws. He picked the locked to his sliding balcony door rimmed with white and he stepped inside. He'd seen he'd left the TV on and he made his way over to shut it off. Making his way over to the kitchen he grabbed a Smirnoff Ice and a Boston Cream Donut he'd bought from the market and he made his way towards his bedroom before stopping and looking out to his balcony. He paused and then finished the donut before walking out unto the balcony and closing the second door which was a screen so that he could let cold air into his apartment. Ray took a seat in the recliner that was armed with cup holders and an opening side arm that could hold small items. He reclined back a bit and took a sip of his Vodka. He stared up at the stars and sighed.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#324 Posted: 04:55:32 03/05/2015
Araya sighed and turned on the television. Maybe something good was on and would cheer her up.
After a few moments of channel flipping, she found nothing that interested her, so she curled back up under the covers.

For a few minutes she just sat there, thinking things through, but all it really did was make her more sad. After a while, her thoughts turned to Ray. Maybe he had forgiven her?

Araya wrapped the soft blanket around her and walked down the hall to Ray's apartment and knocked a few times. Hopefully he'd answer...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:16 03/05/2015 by StriderSwag
#325 Posted: 05:11:45 03/05/2015
Ray didn't want to get the door, he was perfectly content where he was, snug in his recliner with his now fifth Vodka, or was it his tenth? He'd lost count. Ray placed the drink in the cup holder and made his way over to the door. It took Ray quite a few drinks to get drunk considering he was able to change his metabolism to that of any animals, but he'd decided to keep it human for the time being, he wanted to feel the buzz and he had started to feel it.

Ray opened the door and stared at the handle. "Huh....It was open....Probably should've tried that earlier." He looked up at Araya in her blanket. "You wanna make me a drug dealer now?" He turned around and walked through his apartment, searching for his Vodka. "I know, I know, I'm drinking, but I'm just preparing myself for the onslaught of alcohol from this marvelous Gala we're going to later tonight."
---
#326 Posted: 05:24:42 03/05/2015
Besides his disheveled appearance, slurred speech, and stumbling walk, the first thing that let Araya knew her neighbor was drunk off his ass was the scent of his breath. God it was atrocious, and it reminded her of all those driven assholes that wandered the streets each night.

Had her morals really effected Ray this much, or was he just being an asshat again?
"Jesus Christ, Ray... How ****ing drunk are you!?" Araya exclaimed, it was hard to believe he'd lost control like that, but then again she barely knew him.
#327 Posted: 05:40:02 03/05/2015
Ray shrugged. "Close the door on your way in." He said as he made his way out to the balcony once more, grabbing the drink he'd left there and taking another swig. "You want a drink? Helps me think clearer, I'm a better thinker when I'm at my most vulnerable state. Things become oddly clearer, you should try it some time, please..." He gestured to the chair next to the one he now took a seat in. "Take a seat." Ray ran his fingers through his hair and yawned as he finished the drink and threw it away. "There are a lot of things you don't know about me, you think I don't know what it's like?" He shot up from his chair almost as immediately as he'd sat down. "YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE MY FAMILY KILLED IN FRONT OF ME?" He began to inch close towards her, each step he took a different body part shifted into a terrifyingly dark shape, like that of the Devil's they'd seen earlier. "Do you not think I know what loss feels like? You think I put this mask on my face and save people just because I ****ing can? YOU WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT THESE POWERS? THEN SIT!" He backed her up towards the chair and gave her a push so that she sat. "Seven. Do you remember when you were seven? I do, I remember it, I remember nearly drowning, seeing hundreds of dead bodies, children, women, DEAD, my father gone, swept away in the onslaught of mother nature's reign. I got out alive but with a burden, THIS BURDEN!" He was now a grotesque beast, his skin was like that of a rock, his tail long and spaded at the end, spikes running down his back, large horns atop his head, a snout with terribly sharp teeth and terribly sharp claws, wings that were torn and black, his eyes had a fire in them. "You wanna know my secret? How I keep so cool all the damn time? I'm always angry." He snarled. "Comic Book Heroes, they aren't real, they don't go through the **** we go through, they always win, they always get the girl, they always are loved and adored eventually. But not me, not us. We are FREAKS. Freaks in a world full of....Of...Of normal people, and I...I don't..." He started to break down and cry, falling to his knees. "I DON'T WANT TO BE A FREAK ANYMORE!" He cried out, his tail grabbing the empty Vodka bottle and smashing it against the ground.
---
#328 Posted: 05:55:30 03/05/2015
"No Ray, I don't remember when I was seven, but I remember when I was eleven. I remember seeing authority figures I thought I trusted, and a flash. I remember feeling the warm blood of my dead ****ing parents seeping into the carpet beneath me. I remember barely being able to breath, having to pretend to stay dead as militarized men in black armor and police patches stepped over me and the corpses of my family to make sure no one survived." Araya said confidently, sliding off the blanket. She stood back up, and found herself standing above the drunken beast Ray had transformed into. She wasn't afraid in the slightest.

"Don't think you're special. Tragedy happens all the time, not just to you. So suck it up and get a dose of reality. Those tragedies changed us for the better, it's not like it's some curse. At least we know how to be responsible with our powers, and we aren't abusing them for terrible things."

Araya crossed her arms and shifted her weight a bit.

"Oh wait, sorry, I'm not the one who turns into Satan after a few shots. We need to be responsible about this, and fight back in a good way. If we can't be like the Avengers or the Justice League, fine, but we can damn well try."
#329 Posted: 06:01:05 03/05/2015
Ray snapped. Just because others had tragedy didn't mean it needed to be compared to his, it was HIS tragedies and he was allowed to be sad about them, to relish in them. Ray stood and grabbed her by the collar. "You didn't try from what I saw tonight, you didn't try to help a man who could have been helped. You are so bent on revenge, I am nothing like you. I DON'T WANT REVENGE, I DON'T WANT TO BE A HERO, I DON'T WANT TO TRY. I DON'T WANT ANY OF IT, I WANT MY DAD. I WANT MY MOTHER." Ray let go of her and turned to see the glass sliding door. He saw his reflection.

"I....I didn't...." He tried to shift back but couldn't. "CHANGE BACK!" He screamed at his reflection. "This isn't me...I'm not...I didn't do this...I didn't mean to..I." He looked over at Araya. "I'm sorry, I..." Ray looked behind him and then he ran, he jumped off the balcony and flew. He flew as far as he could, as fast as he could, to the most secluded place he knew, his underground base.
---
#330 Posted: 06:15:44 03/05/2015
Araya was a bit shocked, but not too much. Everyone creates the thing they dread. Ray just so happened to create a monster made of alcohol. As soon as Ray flew off the balcony, Araya stormed back to her apartment. Maybe Ray wasn't hero team material after all.

Once she got back, her phone was already ringing, with Connors as the caller ID. She didn't really want to talk to anyone, but she picked up the phone regardless.

"THE NAME IS TAYL-"

"Connors, I know. I met them today." Araya said, sounding more annoyed than intended.

"Wait, you met the bomber?" Connors asked, he sounded pretty surprised.

"Yeah, they're a hero. They saved me last night and I returned the favor this morning. Then we told each other about our identities and now I think we're friends?"

"That's... kind of cool. But, on another topic, what's this 'black demon' thing im hearing on the news?"

"My neighbor."

"Must be one hell of a neighbor..."

"Yep. He's been sensitive lately." Araya hesitated for a moment before telling Connors her plan. "What do you think of me making a super-team?"

"Araya, that'd be ****ing awesome, but please let me in as your guys' tech manager!"

"Whatever you say, Connors."

"Did you know you're the best? Because you are."

"I knew that already. Anyways, I'm gonna go brood and mope, I'll call you later."

"Have fun!" Connors said, hanging up the phone

Araya sat back down on the couch with a new blanket, and dug into a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
#331 Posted: 06:41:22 03/05/2015
Ray reached his base, it was just as he'd left it, it was a surprise that not even a rat had found its way into his home away from home. "STOP!" He screamed, the echo bouncing back from wall to wall. "WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!?" He grabbed onto his head, still unable to shift back, he ran into a rack of books and bounced back, smashing into a wall and then falling to the floor, he screamed. "GET OUT OF MY HEEEEAAAADDD!!!"

Then everything went dark.

When the lights came back Ray was met with a familiar figure in front of him, Emorlus. He stood in his human form, no taller than Ray himself, but shorter than him in his new found state.

"Are you enjoying the aesthetic changes I've been making to your body as well as the emotional corruption I've been providing you with?"

Ray snarled and snapped his elongated mouth at the being before him. "You did this to me? I didn't have control, I didn't want to become this...This...This...This thing! I didn't want to say any of those things I said, I didn't want to drink that much!"

"Emotion Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Projected Imagery, Telepathy, Shifting Abilities, Pyromancy, Fear Manipulation. You may call me...Overpowered, but I like to think of it as...Special!" The man became giddy as he spoke about his powers. "You see, every good Hero needs an even better Villain, but....See, this isn't a comic book or a movie, this is real life and sometimes...Well sometimes you get us Meta-Humans that are...Shall I say, versed in many abilities, not just one. And unlike in the comics and the movies, the heroes? Well, they don't always win...So that's why I'm here."

"To kill me, I suppose? To take my life? Big deal, go ahead."

Emorlus burst into laughter. His hand holding his side as he tried to control himself. "Oh dear god, no. No, I don't want to kill you, I want to mold you...Train you, make you stronger. My protege, if you will. See, I have a plan for this city, this world. And I can't fulfill it with all you pesky teenagers in spandex thinking you're all James Howlett or Wade Wilson, or Diana Prince. I need an army, and who better to start with than the walking army himself? You have such unique abilities, why waste them on burglars or murderers? Use it to make a difference, I can help you. I can bring you to your father..."

Ray's eyes widened at the mention of his father. "What do you know of my dad? No...NO! You lie. And even if you don't...I would never join the likes of you, you made me try to hurt someone I care abo-" "

"I merely made you realize what was important and what wasn't, you saw the way she treated that drug dealer, do you think she's going to give every one of them a pass or is she going to end up killing the next?"

"I don't want your charity, I just want my inhibitions, I don't like people messing about in my head."

"Not much in your head to mess about with anyways." The man chuckled.

"Get out." Ray snarled once more as he took a step towards the man.

"You forget, Ray. I am still in control of you....Hmm?" Emorlus looked shocked, as if something wasn't going as he wanted.

It was Ray's tail, it had shifted down back to its normal state, and so was the rest of his body. "I will never join you. I don't know what you have planned for my city, or my planet, but I will tell you one thing, if you try going after the people I care about or bringing up my father I will not take things so lightly and I will hurt you. I will hurt you bad."

He's stronger than I imagined... "Very well, Raymond. I shall leave you be for the time being, I merely wanted to demonstrate to you my powers, the things that I could train you to do....It could save a lot of lives, being able to control others...It could better yours. If I trained you it could help you find your answers."

"I can find my own answers..." Ray turned his back, he was now back to normal.

"And how has that worked out for you so far?" Emorlus said with a grin.

When Ray turned around he was gone. "Not very well...."

Ray climbed out of his base, made his way to the surface, and started his walk home. He took the stairs now, knowing the door was unlocked. He still despised that damn elevator. Ray climbed, one flight, two, three, four, and finally made it to his apartment. He stopped at his door and went to Araya's, this time it was his turn to knock.
---
#332 Posted: 15:13:58 03/05/2015
Araya heard a slight knocking at her door and got up to see who it was. Peering into the peephole, she saw Ray, but he was turned back to normal. Hopefully he crashed into a dumpster and the collision changed him back... She thought. Araya backed away from the door a bit.

"What do you want? Are you just gonna come in and wreck my apartment too, asshole!?" She yelled, coldly. She didn't want to see Ray very much, but if her really, truly needed her company, than fine, he could come in. She just didn't know if he was till drunk or if he'd explode like before. Either way, drunk or not, she wasn't too happy with Ray lately, and definitely didn't want him over unless it was an emergency.
#333 Posted: 22:11:59 03/05/2015
//I timeskipped to early morning because StriderSwag told me that it was early morning so Iunno exactly what you're on about with that. Also, I'm really enjoying this rp and I don't know why it's fair that we should slow down, ideally everyone would be on at the same time so we could all post but that's not the case, the case is me and Strider are oft on late and both get the urge to rp so we do. If I find too many posts have been posted I often won't read them or I'll ask for a recap.//

"Something big is coming." He stepped into the apartment, closing the door lightly behind him with his tail. "I've been being controlled. By the Demon we met. He can manipulate emotions, manipulate powers that others wield. He changed me into that beast, he made me say all those things." Ray looked around for a computer, he could easily grab his laptop from his apartment but he couldn't be bothered to go back and get it. "He's planning something." Ray couldn't find the computer and decided not to rummage through her apartment for one. "Do you know how to access criminal databases, or know anyone who knows how to?"
---
#334 Posted: 23:10:47 03/05/2015
"Depends." Araya said, crossing her arms. "Are you going to filp out and throw me down on the ground when I try to talk to you again? Or do you wanna just skip that part and apologize first?"
Araya was not in the mood for Ray's bull****, she was starting to be able to stand him less and less with each passing minute.
#335 Posted: 23:18:26 03/05/2015
"The difference between my rage and yours is that mine was false and controlled, yours is real, so i suggest you stop fighting with me lest you want people dead." Ray didn't need Araya's help, he was always able to do things on his own but things were changing and so was he, he knew if Emorlus did attack he would need all the help he could get. "If you can't help me then I'll find others willing to help. He gestured for the door, implicating his leaving. "Unless you want to get off of YOUR high horse and help me for a moment, I don't want to fight with you anymore."
---
#336 Posted: 23:23:46 03/05/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I please urge you guys that timeskips are MY responsibility. It's one thing to have the urge to roleplay but also people need to post as well. I know I would be intimidated by large walls of texts and it's super not fair to those who also want to roleplay as well. It's fine if you have your own storyline, but PLEASE DO NOT BRING TIME OR MAJOR PLOT/CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT INTO IT!!!! Also please realize that you guys need to post more often as well. I will slow down on my posting, Lunarz and SS should as well, but you guys also must post more as well because then it's not fair to those who want to roleplay and get invested into the roleplay. I know I started a getting bit peeved when ShinyPikachu took forever to post in the train scene, and I couldn't advance because of her. I'm sure she had a good reason, but if people are interacting with others who also want to be active, it's obvious they're gonna go far and advance in the story.

So bottom line for tl;dr: Lunarz and SS please slow down. Everyone else, please step up a bit. It's not fair for both sides.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#337 Posted: 23:54:15 03/05/2015
OOC: Quote: Lunarz
//I timeskipped to early morning because StriderSwag told me that it was early morning so Iunno exactly what you're on about with that. Also, I'm really enjoying this rp and I don't know why it's fair that we should slow down, ideally everyone would be on at the same time so we could all post but that's not the case, the case is me and Strider are oft on late and both get the urge to rp so we do. If I find too many posts have been posted I often won't read them or I'll ask for a recap.//

Look, that kinda attitude is not okay. If other people in the same RP can't post as often you need to slow down for their sake. Refusing to is kinda mean to them, as they might have reasons why they can't. You guys might need a second, faster paced role-play if you want to continue at your speed.

Quote: TheFlyingSeal
OOC: bottom line for tl;dr: Lunarz and SS please slow down. Everyone else, please step up a bit. It's not fair for both sides.

Thank you, Seal. I understand why the others are posting slowly and am completely happy to slow down for them.
--

Demicila glanced at Aspen and nodded. "Yea, fireworks in the street would probably be to Chaotic. Do you know anywhere we can go with no people?" She asked.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:45 03/05/2015 by NightBlade
#338 Posted: 03:53:49 04/05/2015
OOC: I understand and will slow down, but I don't want it to get to the point where there's one or two posts every 3 days. I'm not going to let a story I'm invested in drop to an INCREDIBLY slow pace, and I'm not starting a separate RP. I understand if it's personal issues or lack of good internet, but at least try to post once a day if you can. If you don't, I will, because I'm not letting this die out.

"Fine." Araya said, sitting back down on her couch. "I'll help you, but no one says I have to enjoy it."
To be honest, she didn't trust Ray enough right now to believe his story about being controlled by the demon thing, but she'd humor him and call Connors. She picked up her secure line cell phone and pressed the button to call him.

"Hey Araya! What's up?" Connor said through the line.

"Some major asshole wants to talk to you about tracking another major asshole." She said in the snarkiest tone imaginable. Araya shot a glare towards Ray as if to say This is your only ****ing chance, make it count.
ShinyPikachu Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#339 Posted: 05:57:17 04/05/2015
(Gotcha Seal, and I'm sorry about that, as you said I've also been caught up in alot of things for awhile now, so I honestly didn't even realize I was taking that long at the time and I wouldn't have minded if you told me. I'm actually pretty active in most roleplays, just not lately, though it's been improving abit so I'll be on more now. There might also be times where I don't post for awhile simply because I don't feel I have anything worth adding to a situation at that current time, though It's typically when not much is happening to begin with.)
---
Spyro Reignited hype~!

"This world is cruel, but it's also beautiful."
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#340 Posted: 23:00:02 04/05/2015
OOC: I've been in RPs where I told people to slow down, and they refused to do so, so I was basically not allowed to partake in that RP.

"Well obviously I did mean somewhere no one can see us," Tori said. "What, you thought I was just going to go up to a random civilian and say "Hey, look at us, we're obvious superheroes!"?"
#341 Posted: 01:36:32 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
As Modify made their way back home, they remembered that there was a gang fight in Downtown Rowland. So they began to walk past their apartment building and towards the rotten streets of Downtown Rowland.

Downtown Rowland was once very similar to Uptown Rowland. It was where the old mayor used to live before a mysterious accident. Now the old mansion is a ruin used for drug dealing. Apartments were small, often filled with moans and gunshots. Litter and the smell of oil crowded the streets. Most of the crime in Rowland came from Downtown, while most villains originated in surburban areas.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#342 Posted: 06:32:28 07/05/2015
Ray swiped the phone away with his tail and held it up to his ear. "Hey, this is the major asshole....Yea....The first one, not the second one, yea the second one is the one I was wondering if you could check out. He goes by the name 'Emorlus' Big demon looking thing, kinda like Araya with wings." Ray looked over at Araya and gave her a large smile to show he was joking. "Also Um...." An idea came through his head and he turned away from Araya and covered his mouth over the phone so she couldn't hear. "It'd be a huge favor for me if you could look up Jonathan Pifter, see if anyone under that name has made any purchases or anything associated with the name, any activity." Ray then lowered his hand and turned back Araya, giving her a half-smile this time.
---
#343 Posted: 06:42:10 07/05/2015
Araya walked back over to the phone and ripped the handset out of Ray's grasp.

"You better tell me what he said later or I'll rip out your spleen and feed it to the tiger I just beat up." Araya said, her voice full of rage.

"No can do. Bros before hoes." Connors said, chuckling a bit.

"You know what, fine. **** you." Araya knew Connors would fess up to her eventually.

"I'll just tell you to relay the information to him later once I've researched it."

"Thank you. At least SOMEONE AROUND HERE IS CONSIDERATE OF ME." Araya shot Ray an icy glare as she slammed the phone back down on its base. Who could Ray even need information about anyways? It's not like Mr. Demon Lord had an address besides 666 The Gates of Hell. Araya walked up to Ray and stared right into him.

"So you have ten seconds to tell me why I personally should help you, or you get kicked out of this house, do you understand?"
#344 Posted: 06:53:05 07/05/2015
Ray just stared into her eyes, he wasn't acting like he was when possessed, probably because it wasn't really him in the first place. "Well, let's see..." He rubbed his chin sarcastically for a minute before speaking. "There's an Emotion Controlling, Mind Bending Demon loose in the city who was able to control me and my powers and send both of us into a tizzy and go at each other's throat even when we obviously have this sexual tension between the two of us, just like Rachel and Ross had in Friends, and if we don't gather information on the demon he's going to probably end up leveling the entire city, Kingpin style, only with this one, it's real, and it will probably happen if we don't find a way to stop him, though something tells me it'll be a while before he strikes...I got this intuition thing, so in the meanwhile I'm having your friend, The Lizar-Er...Doctor Connors, search up information on him so if there is any, we'll know it and stand a better chance."

Ray took a breath before continuing. "Oh, also you need me for that Gala and you can't stay mad at me cuz I'm too darn cute" He folded his arms and nodded his head in agreement with himself.
---
#345 Posted: 16:52:48 07/05/2015
Araya crossed her arms and contemplated what he just said. That demon guy? Yeah, maybe he was a big enough threat, but why her? It's not like Araya was all that powerful, and she CERTAINLY didn't know how to handle a demon.

WAIT WHAT!? SEXUAL TENSION!? She thought. She was pretty sure she almost said it out loud. Yeah, maybe there was something between them, she just didn't exactly know what it was yet.

"I can find someone else if you want. Plus you aren't as drop dead adorable as you think you are." Araya smiled a bit and punched Ray in the arm. Not very lightly though, because **** that guy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:52 07/05/2015 by StriderSwag
#346 Posted: 00:53:50 08/05/2015
He didn't pay much attention to the punch, he'd been punched many times before, plus he was focused on her. Ray smirked and teetered back and forth, his hands behind his back, eyes to the sky, making him look very sure of himself. "That's true..." He said, the smirk getting larger upon his face. "You could find someone else."

He circled around her now and then leaned in towards her ear over her shoulder. "But that doesn't mean you want to, admit it, me, in a tux, maybe even a leather blazer, I have some pretty tight pants I've been meaning to wear." He teased. He knew he could draw her back to his side.

He walked back in front of her and smiled. "Araya." He lightly brushed his hand along hers before taking it, hoping she wouldn't sack him for doing so. "We need to stick together. Through the mistakes. We can stop Crane if we work together."
---
#347 Posted: 03:42:26 08/05/2015
Araya didn't quite know how to feel about Ray, especially after last night and this morning. On one hand, he was very romantic, but on the other, he was a giant asshole. Maybe she'd play along, just for today and the Gala, and see how everything fell into place.

"Fine, I guess I'll go with you." She said trying to brush his hand away. "But if you're trying to get to me you'll have to try a lot harder than that!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:26 08/05/2015 by StriderSwag
#348 Posted: 05:00:33 08/05/2015
Ray made his way towards the door. "That's cute, you think I was trying." He stretched out his arms behind his head and went into the hallway. "Well, I'm gonna go try on some suits, if you so wish you may accompany me and bare witness to my excellent bod as I try on tweed to tartan.

With that, he made his way back to his apartment and started rummaging his closet for suits.
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me