Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Former Teacher of Mine: "If You Vote for Obama, You're Not Christian"
Page 1 of 1
Former Teacher of Mine: "If You Vote for Obama, You're Not Christian" [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 02:21:25 04/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Get a load of this.

I had her as my art teacher in middle school. Her husband also taught me before he gained his seat on the board, and I know both of them personally. I knew she was a strong Christian, but I'd never suspect anything like this.

I sincerely hope she gets fired. If she doesn't......Something will simply have to be done.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2 Posted: 02:27:00 04/04/2015
That's not true at all, plenty of Christians voted for Obama.......unfortunately.
#3 Posted: 02:28:46 04/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mrmorrises
That's not true at all, plenty of Christians voted for Obama.......unfortunately.

Either way, it's absolutely asinine to bring up religion and politics (two subjects that are prohibited from student-teacher relations in the first place) in the context of an opposition, let alone try to make judgments upon one's beliefs of the aforementioned.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#4 Posted: 02:35:16 04/04/2015
Most of them are black.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#5 Posted: 02:37:58 04/04/2015
Quote: somePerson
Most of them are black.

Not necessarily, Obama just got a much greater proportion of the black vote than Romney or McCain did.
#6 Posted: 03:31:08 04/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
Most of them are black.

It doesn't matter. This isn't about race.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10205
#7 Posted: 03:34:10 04/04/2015
Up to this day I am still appalled by the effect of religion in politics. To me as a member of Lutheran country, it seems absurd. I know that this cannot be applied to North American countries but still I am totally lost in this situation.

To me personally here, as out parliament elections are approaching, it annoys me that how much certain political parties try to base their opinions on their religious values and want to form this country to be their image. The basic idea of Lutheran religious dogma is to separate spiritual and earthly regiments. Politics should not affect religion and religion should not affect politics.

Religion is ok, since it has important part of building people’s philosophical approach to various angles of living their lives. Religion can and most probably will bring meaning and can bring happiness. But it has no place in cold-hearted society politics of modern day. If you want to believe in Holy Trinity and its teaching’s, do so! But do it privately and do not manipulate other people believe in the same thing as you.

This went 100 percent off-topic but is there statistic information that shows US population’s level of secularization in terms of major religions? In my country, most of people are Lutheran Christian’s but in reality are just agnostics or atheists.

But I cannot say anything about your presidential elections since to me it seems that you choose the people who choose the president and why do you do that? It is against standard principles of society philosophy of modern days. But isn’t still your house of representatives the single biggest entity in politics? I still must apologize if my text was offensive. I just want to know and learn.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#8 Posted: 06:54:10 04/04/2015
Quote: Metallo
Get a load of this.

I had her as my art teacher in middle school. Her husband also taught me before he gained his seat on the board, and I know both of them personally. I knew she was a strong Christian, but I'd never suspect anything like this.

I sincerely hope she gets fired. If she doesn't......Something will simply have to be done.

Thats not being a strong Christian, thats just being a jerk. & eveyone knows Obamas bad sooo, nothing to add there.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#9 Posted: 07:11:39 04/04/2015
[User Posted Image]
...What? I couldn't resist.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#10 Posted: 07:59:20 04/04/2015
Your middle school teacher is a religious lunatic.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#11 Posted: 08:55:24 04/04/2015
If you think that's bad, try having a liberal teacher that pushes his opinions on you. In a history class.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 13:23:16 04/04/2015
See, now these are the people who make everyone look down upon Christians,

You don't necessarily have to not be a Christian to vote for Obama... But... when you think about it a little more...
Christians who vote for Obama just haven't done their research on him yet,
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me