Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Hello old friends [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 06:52:46 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator
After my autistic son smashed our iPad a year ago, I stopped playing this fine game. I now find myself in possession of another iPad, and am ready to return. But first, some advice.

Rather than attempting to restore my old game (yet), I installed the app and began playing from the beginning a few days ago. I suppose I wondered how it feel again to play without having thousands of wishstones and gems and countless kudos.

How do I first save this new game? (I have NEVER attempted to save it. Closing and reopening the app simply resumes where it left off. And then secondly, how do I restore my old game froma year ago without wiping the one I just started? If my first go at this game taught me anything, it's don't trust buttons like "transfer save" to actually do the right thing. It's prudent for me to ask first.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 09:23:10 02/04/2015
Hello Woz <waves>

Tell us all about your game level and what goodies , companions and alter ego,s you have . Good luck with restarting. I tried replaying without adding toycodes and well the jungle weeds overwhelmed me smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:23:43 02/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#3 Posted: 12:53:48 02/04/2015
Have you tried logging in to your Activate account, if you had one? I think that's the only way to restore the old game. Unfortunately, you'll probably lose your new game in doing so.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#4 Posted: 12:58:15 02/04/2015
Hi Woz - welcome back!

If you had saved your old game to the cloud with an Activate account, then, with any luck, it will still be there. After a year, there's a chance it may not be, but my son has stopped playing before then re-installed 4-6 months later and retrieved his game no problem. You just need to log into Activate.

But if you want to keep your current new game too, you will need to create a new Activate account and save your local game to the cloud before re-loading any other game.

It's possible to switch back and forth between 2 activate accounts on the same device and play both games - I've done it at times - but I don't recommend it. Really more trouble than its worth. I'd say decide which game you want to play and stick with it.

If you only saved your first game locally (as you describe with your current game), then, sadly, your original game will have been smashed along with your original iPad.

Have fun catching up on the past year's worth of changes and new features!
#5 Posted: 21:18:36 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Funny thing - the smashed iPad still works - sort of. The screen is smashed, but the military-spec hard cover I encased it in means the glass bits haven't fallen out. There's a few dead pieces of glass that show no display, but I can still load my old game locally.
geo_hardy Green Sparx Gems: 167
#6 Posted: 19:01:25 06/04/2015
Woz,

If your smashed iPad is still somewhat functional, follow these steps:
1. Go to Activision.com and sign up for an activate account.
2. Log into the Activate on your smashed iPad - this game will then transfer to your newly created Activate account.
3. Sign out of Activate on your smashed iPad
4. log into Activate on your new iPad - your new iPad should show you what data you want transferred over. PLEASE look at either # of Skylanders or # of completed quests.
5. Click on the appropriate save file

Now, when you log off, you'll have your locally saved game and whenever you what to live the past, log into Activate on any device.

i just did this this past weekend, so i know this works!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:11 06/04/2015 by geo_hardy
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#7 Posted: 11:58:13 07/04/2015
Quote: geo_hardy
Woz,

If your smashed iPad is still somewhat functional, follow these steps:
1. Go to Activision.com and sign up for an activate account.
2. Log into the Activate on your smashed iPad - this game will then transfer to your newly created Activate account.
3. Sign out of Activate on your smashed iPad
4. log into Activate on your new iPad - your new iPad should show you what data you want transferred over. PLEASE look at either # of Skylanders or # of completed quests.
5. Click on the appropriate save file

Now, when you log off, you'll have your locally saved game and whenever you what to live the past, log into Activate on any device.

i just did this this past weekend, so i know this works!

What concerns me into do this for my games it when it warns or ask to over write games. Also i did this once and when the game rebooted i was at level 1 and had to log out of Active to get my game back.
#8 Posted: 14:05:57 08/04/2015 | Topic Creator
OK. I managed to massage my smashed iPad into *some* small measure of compliance which isn't saying much. Enough to display my screens and use the NEW iPad's camera to photograph them. (The camera activation on the smashed iPad won't cooperate).

It currently still thinks it's logged into my game (username Woz). Activate will not function - it says it needs an update. I had 139 of 139 available skylanders, was at Level 43 (41.4 per cent) with 7,883 gems, 131 million gold, 11,992,534 wishstones and just over 20,000 kudos. And every available character house and 114,705 workers free of a total of 190,000 thanks largely to two islands filled with around 60 B&Bs. And the first two sanctums to be released, at which point the iPad was smashed.

So to try and salvage this mess requires CAREFUL steps otherwise updating either Activate, Lost Islands itself, or the iOS or all three could screw things up. At least I've now got screenshots of all my islands and screens.

I'm now going to risk wiping my NEW game by trying to login to Activate with the new iPad just in case the old cloud version still exists under my username. Fingers crossed.
#9 Posted: 14:28:23 08/04/2015 | Topic Creator
No luck. Activate wouldn't accept old details, and an attempt to reset password via 'lost password' link generated a reset password email with a link which loads a page with an Activate logo that freezes. I suspect the page is attempting to access my old details which Activate have deleted due to non-use.

Think I'll swing this one via support, as one wrong move will wipe the lot.

[User Posted Image]

The screen says "Skylanders Lost Worlds is outdated. Please update to use ACTIVATE." Problem is, I'm not sure what will happen if I hit update. I suppose I could try it...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:12:13 08/04/2015 by Woz
#10 Posted: 14:30:59 08/04/2015
Good luck!
#11 Posted: 15:53:56 08/04/2015
Updating the game should not effect your old save . Why are you soo worried ?
---
geo_hardy Green Sparx Gems: 167
#12 Posted: 16:35:18 08/04/2015
the in game password reset link has never worked for me. you may need to go to Activision dot com and click on the forgot/reset password link instead.
#13 Posted: 17:00:08 08/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Why am I worried? If I'm to catch up on the content I've missed, I'm going to NEED those millions of wishstones.

PS. If you liked it, then yes, I was being saucy. Of course if you didn't like it, the thought never crossed my mind. :-p

PPS. Game update in progress. Dialog box says it is updating to last compatible version that worked under iOS 6. If that doesn't work, I'll have to update both game AND iOS further.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:28 08/04/2015 by Woz
#14 Posted: 17:37:44 08/04/2015
Quote:
PS. If you liked it, then yes, I was being saucy.

I dont mind . The more , the merrier . Hey Midas you have some competition for my gentle affections . smilie .
---
Unhappy Gamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1451
#15 Posted: 01:34:25 09/04/2015
why not try to back up the old iPad and restore from back up on the new?
---
If you have my other acct on your friends list feel free to remove. smilie
Corrupted acct name: CantPlay GameCrashed smilie
New acct name: Unhappy Gamer smilie
#16 Posted: 02:23:16 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
SUCCESS!!!!!

The password reset worked on the sixth try about 12 hours later. The old game file was STILL in the cloud. It's not exactly the same - for some reasons there's 4000 more gems than before and 2 million less wishstones, but everything else looks about right.

Time to get busy and see if I have any friends left and make some more if they've all understandably left me.

For some reason my username has also been altered. It's now Woz oBM. Don't know why it added the last three letters or whether it's a space or a hyphen or an underscore in the middle, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Yay!!!
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#17 Posted: 02:28:38 09/04/2015
Congrats! I think the extra letters were added when they merged Activate with the Activision logins, some people reported having their names changed. Most likely because there was a "Woz" in both databases so they had to change one.
#18 Posted: 02:41:06 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh, and finally, I'm an idiot. I don't have 11 million wishstones. I have 11 million energy. I have 8000 wishstones.
#19 Posted: 09:22:45 09/04/2015
Quote:
for some reasons there's 4000 more gems

Knock Knock . Hi neighbor could i bother you for half a cup of gems . My new stylish dragon house ate my last few .

Details mon give us details

Whats your level , what do you , what dont you have , take a piccy of your central island and put it in this thread pretty pwees . smilie

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108936
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:29:14 09/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#20 Posted: 12:31:40 09/04/2015
Tried to add you as a friend, but I'm not sure if I found you or not - the description I got was "woz undefined" and no icon showing you played lost islands. So I didn't send the invite. Feel free to add me (arkhamhorrorfan) I just rechecked my settings and made myself searchable again. Not sure why that seems to periodically get set back to off.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#21 Posted: 12:58:23 09/04/2015
Tried to add you too, but got the same undefined message - nothing under Woz oBM, just under Woz. Send me an invite if you want, I'm HappyGamer73 on Activate. I've cleared out quite a few friends who haven't played in months, so I've got lots of space now.
#22 Posted: 14:17:36 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I'm amazed that after a year of non-play I still had 82 friends. It'll take me a while to get everything cleaned up. I started the day by purchasing three light and three dark shrines, and bought 20 more skylanders with gold, which I've spent a lot of hours today levelling up. Since there's only been four companions released in the last year, that's all I'm missing apart from the sanctums and about 30 more skylanders. I had all the alts and their houses when I stopped, so I guess I just missed the Easter chance to throw a few thousand stones into the well for the latest ones. They'll be back.

The two sanctums I had on the smashed iPad didn't make it to the cloud, but I'm not fussed. They'll have to make them all available again sometime.

I posted the levels and resource numbers up higher in this thread, Dark Fhoenix. I'll post a pic of an island or two tomorrow. Don't expect pretty. Aura does pretty, I do functional. My central islands is every sanctuary and my balloons. My shrine island is pretty enough though. Cheers.
#23 Posted: 15:29:04 09/04/2015
Oops sorry i missed that one . smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me