Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Do you clear invaders immediately or let them build up?
Page 1 of 1
Do you clear invaders immediately or let them build up? [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 19:25:06 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I know another its all how you want to play question. However I used to be a clear immediately guy and now I am coming around to let them build up and then doing something big. I can now envision using Pain-Yatta, Chomp Chest (best to maximize the use of Pain-Yatta, and sheep creep (because he tosses out a ton of gems for me usually) to do a major cleanout at one time. What is your preference keep invaders clean, or do a mass clear out? The other benefit of not clearing as they invade is sometimes I get a quest to capture X or clear X sheep or trolls and having them built up is a quick quest removal.
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#2 Posted: 19:32:33 26/03/2015
I've switched to a let them build up approach with the introduction of Mags and the weekly quests. Clearing once a week, just after the weekly quest has been announced, and using Mags to summon Pain-Yatta makes the most sense to me. Then again I do have one large and 3 small islands empty for invaders so plenty of room for them to build up.

If you're tight on space clearing them more regularly would make sense, no point leaving them uncleared if there's no room for more to spawn.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 20:32:10 26/03/2015
I wait till i have about 12 - 14 mobs and summon Pain Yatta. In the good ol days I used to nuke em as soon as i found them .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#4 Posted: 22:40:08 26/03/2015
I let them build up until I get a quest to clear them or I get a Villain that gives bonuses. No Mags…yet.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#5 Posted: 12:10:58 27/03/2015
Ditto. I used to clear them immediately, but now that Mags is around, I always wait and summon.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#6 Posted: 14:03:33 27/03/2015
Except for the very early days when I was learning to play the game, I always let them build. Even if the theory that leaving them spawns more is false (which it probably is), it's good to keep them around for quests. So many people have had a hard time finishing quests because they eliminate them before hand. It's also pretty known that if you have a Skylander with a clear mob quest, that they spawn less. Of course, that hasn't been officially proven, but it does seem to be true. I remember when we had a timed quest a while back to clear lots of them. Several people were having issues with them spawning. They realized that they had a Skylander quest to clear them. When they finished that quest, they suddenly started appearing more. I was struggling myself getting spawns. I did have a Skylander with a mob quest, but he wouldn't count towards the timed quest, so I never would use him. I eventually decided to test the theory and cleared them with him to finish his quest. Once I did, suddenly I was getting a lot of spawns and was able to finish the timed quest. So it does seem to be a valid theory.

It's always good to have mobs around to finish off quest (especially timed ones).
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#7 Posted: 14:24:51 27/03/2015
I agree that they generally spawn way less when you have a quest to clear them. I definitely wait to clear mobs until I have a quest. Quests that can take days/weeks can take 10 minutes if you've banked the mobs.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#8 Posted: 02:35:17 28/03/2015
If I was more patient, would let them spawn to see if the rate of them coming out to play is higher with a troll on the board....however, I need like 35 trolls to complete quests so the idea of waiting until my quests are over seems a long long way away.

Maybe will start doing an analysis on it starting Sunday but won't be able to determine with or without active quests for a long time.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#9 Posted: 12:53:32 28/03/2015
If I have a quest going and need more trolls/sheep, I always leave one on the theory that having one helps more spawn. I bet that's probably not true, but it makes me feel better to be doing something to make the mobs spawn faster during the quest (where it's quite clear they spawn slower than normal).
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me