Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Trap Customization Ideas [CLOSED]
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 16:35:32 19/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, as most people on here know, for some reason, TFB made the not so brilliant choice of making 4 Villains for both Light and Dark, but only making 3 Trap sculpts for each element. Not to mention Magic only gets 3 Villains but 6 Traps... Anyway, that's a topic for another day.

Back on subject, I want to have one trap for every villain. I managed to pick up a couple of extra Light and Dark traps with idea to customize them in some way to that all four traps look different. I have an extra Light Rocket and a Dark Sword. The only problem is, I'm not quite sure how I should alter them. So, I figured I'd come on here for suggestions! I'm not that artistically talented, so please don't suggest anything too crazy, but other than that, I'm open to ideas!
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 17:31:47 19/03/2015
Painting is the first thing that comes to mind. Acryllics are cheap and with some image editing software you can make plans for a pattern or color you want the traps to be before doing it to the real one.

Another idea that I haven't tried out until recently is trying to make something with hot glue. You can't remove it from the trap after unless you're really careful with it,but you could always make "smoke" come out of the rocket,or add extra decoration to the sword's hilt(or you can just glue actual decoration like beads and glitter).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#3 Posted: 03:41:36 20/03/2015
As most know here already....im a somewhat decent arrrteeest...lol. Anyways doing what Bifrost said is most likely your best path. Just give it a new paint job like the Easter Bunny Earth Trap has. Since Rebel Lob Goblin is in the Rocket Trap...you could put Blaster-Tron in the other one and paint it with some Pearlized Purple with some red accents.
Oh and most important...use ONLY Acrylic paint...
This is what i did to my Rebel Lob Goblin Trap.
[User Posted Image]
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me