Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Wave 4 topic (US) [CLOSED]
whispa777 Red Sparx Gems: 18
#101 Posted: 03:06:59 20/03/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: whispa777
Question: Are the clear trap master variants exclusive to TRU?

Nope, they're chase figures. Any store can receive them, but they are usually short packed; 1 in every few hundred boxes.

I see. Thanks for the info. Maybe we'll check a few more stores in the coming few days then smilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#102 Posted: 04:18:17 20/03/2015
Quote: cleajame
So for those of us that showed up late and couldn't find wave 4 trap masters, Blackout or the new traps, any word on when the next shipment will be?

Gamestop's website has them listed for the 27th, not sure if that's when they're getting them in-store too but it's worth asking.
---
#all Spyros are valid
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#103 Posted: 05:34:37 20/03/2015
I didn't bother going to TRU this morning after work. 65 miles, one way, is a long drive after working all night.

I got out of bed this evening and headed out to TRU in Cedar Rapids.

When I got there, there was still plenty of stock of all of Wave 4 figures & traps, Easter Special Editions, and several dozen stand alone Kaos traps.

I purchased one of everything I didn't already have.

I'm so glad this fad is dying out. It makes it easier to find stuff now and scalpers are losing their shirts on eBay... numerous Kaos traps ending with no bids. LOL
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:51 20/03/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#104 Posted: 05:45:20 20/03/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
[...]scalpers are losing their shirts on eBay... numerous Kaos traps ending with no bids. LOL

Nope, now the "scalpers" just return everything back to the store for a full refund. They lose nothing.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#105 Posted: 07:19:26 20/03/2015
I don't think Skylanders is dying, it's just never been all that profitable to try to sell Skylanders on eBay. Once you figure in gas, shipping, eBay fees, and Paypal fees, it's nearly impossible to turn a profit consistently unless you happened to score the one or two things that actually retained a high value. That being said, I did have an issue with wannabe scalpers today trying to buy everything.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:20:12 20/03/2015 by Friendzie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#106 Posted: 12:04:50 20/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
[...]scalpers are losing their shirts on eBay... numerous Kaos traps ending with no bids. LOL

Nope, now the "scalpers" just return everything back to the store for a full refund. They lose nothing.

Bingo.

Besides, the scalpers are far more interested in today's new releases than yesterday's (Amiibos, particularly Walmart's gold Mario).
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#107 Posted: 12:41:23 20/03/2015
My son and his friend begged the young lady in electronics to open approx. 8-10 wave 4 & wave 4.5 boxes to check for variants !! HMMMMMM !!

2 CLEAR Short Cuts & 2 CLEAR ThunderBolts

"griswoldthunder, We found ALL the traps @ the Lakeside Mall TRU ! But found the variants @ the Roseville TRU ! PM and I'll go by the Lakeside TRU an get them for ya and drop in the mail !
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:42:05 20/03/2015 by crstofer
#108 Posted: 13:09:32 20/03/2015
Quote: crstofer
My son and his friend begged the young lady in electronics to open approx. 8-10 wave 4 & wave 4.5 boxes to check for variants !! HMMMMMM !!

2 CLEAR Short Cuts & 2 CLEAR ThunderBolts

"griswoldthunder, We found ALL the traps @ the Lakeside Mall TRU ! But found the variants @ the Roseville TRU ! PM and I'll go by the Lakeside TRU an get them for ya and drop in the mail !

Sounds like they have gotten on board with how the "chase variant" action figure thing is supposed to work. Not a regular thing, but not impossible like before. I've heard of lots of people finding them, which is good news!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#109 Posted: 14:21:52 20/03/2015
Bah, even though they seem common, they're rarer than you think. I went to 2 other ToysRUs stores near me, and looked through the last few boxes they had (3 per store).. and nothing.

I seriously don't want to resort to eBay for these guys.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#110 Posted: 14:44:45 20/03/2015
Bah, even though they seem common, they're rarer than you think. I went to 2 other ToysRUs stores near me, and looked through the last few boxes they had (3 per store).. and nothing.

I think this wave is very generous with the clear variants according to the reports of so many people finding them...we just have the misfortune of living in NJ where there's plenty of scalpers about. I know my TRU has a nerdy man-child running around in electronics and probably keeps any chase variants for himself rather than putting them out. I've never had the privilege of them opening any boxes of Skylanders in front of me. This late in the franchise, maybe Activision is upping the production on chase variants as sort of a reward for fans who've stuck with Skylanders...the odds of finding a chase variant going from almost impossible to somewhat improbable.

I leisurely strolled into my central NJ TRU right before close last night. I wasn't there for the figures as I will wait until they hit Best Buy for my GCU 20% off. I did pick up a bunch of traps since they were ringing up buy 1, get 1 for $1 (the red hot tussle sprout trap was not ringing up as part of the promo like the others, but a manager came by and gave an override to $1 for it). I did notice that they had all the new figures except for Echo and Spotlight which had probably sold out earlier in the day. Wave 4 traps were scarce except for the triple pack with the Kaos trap. One end cap was overflowing with the Easter minis and traps...I couldn't bring myself to forking out $9 for them...I have a feeling they'll be shelf warmers soon enough at that price point. I didn't see any chase variants, but didn't expect to since I was there just before close. It seemed that they had dumped all their new Trapmaster stock onto a bin just outside electronics.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:54:40 20/03/2015 by mastermc54
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#111 Posted: 14:55:19 20/03/2015
Try living in California where all the employees Scalp before the Scalpers get a chance smilie

Went yesterday btws found everything but the easter wave. I asked about it though and the one and only nice worker at my Toys R us went to check and brought us out a whole box which 3 other families were also looking for. I let them take the Easter stuff and only bought Spotlight since I'm going to a big event in Hollywood this weekend and Spotlight it my favorite this wave and was the one and only figure they were running out of!
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#112 Posted: 15:14:27 20/03/2015

They shouldn't be so common you should expect to go to just any store, take a look at a few boxes of them and find it. But, it shouldn't be almost unheard of for a fan to find one.

It really shouldn't be something the average collector should expect to have all of either, and if you have one it should be a center piece not a 1 of xx. If you have the need to include them in your collection for it to be complete, second hand purchases are going to be pretty much expected.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#113 Posted: 15:49:06 20/03/2015
I went to my TRU around 2:30, yesterday afternoon. They had a small bin that they had dumped the Easter stuff in. In the main Skylanders aisle, I saw a few each of the wave 4 Trap Masters (along with a few Tuff Lucks and Blasterminds). It looked like they even got in a few Gearshifts (because I don't remember seeing her at TRU in a while, but I could be wrong). They had a few each of the wave 4 cores (although I'm not sure I saw Echo, but I could have missed him). They did have the new minis. As for traps, all they had were Kaos and maybe one fire trap (other than the plenty of water traps and the few remaining Red Hot Tussle Sprout trap they got in earlier). I didn't see any dark traps. I didn't notice any trap 3-packs, either, but I didn't know they were coming out, so I wasn't looking for them. I would assume they would have been near the other traps, though.

I did get excited, though, when I came on here to see that traps were ringing up at discount without a water trap, though it's a bummer that Red Hot Tussle Sprout doesn't automatically ring up. My son wanted that one, but he needs a dark trap. He was going to have to decide which to get with his allowance money, but if he could get both, then that would be awesome. But I doubt I could get the store to do a price override on the Tussle Sprout trap unless we got a water trap. And too bad the Easter trap doesn't work, either, since it's not included in the trap assortment. Though I'm sure someone would be willing to fight it. I might have to take my son in, this afternoon, and hope they may put more out.

Also, I decided to run into Best Buy real quick (since they're next door) and they had a few wave 4 Trap Masters as well. So they're showing up in other places, too.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#114 Posted: 18:12:40 20/03/2015
I went to my TRU as well yesterday after work and was surprised at how much was out. Got all three Easters (although I'm somewhat regretting that), 2 dark traps and 1 light trap (all they had), both trap masters, the light and dark cores, and the regular cores except Echo. Kinda bummed about Echo and that I caved and bought these while they aren't on sale. I didn't look for RHTS, not sure I care.

So I guess I'll have to hunt a little for Echo...I'm ok with that. I have a feeling my TRU hadn't put her out yet, she may be there now. And I also haven't gotten the regular Jawbreaker and Krypt King. I originally was going to pass, but now I'm starting to want for completion sake. Will not pay full price fro them though.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#115 Posted: 01:18:21 21/03/2015
Went to the TRU in Cerritos, CA, and they had lots of everything but traps. Got all the traps but the light/dark ones & both minis at TRU in Fullerton, CA.
Yet I could have got the entire wave yesterday, but i didn't know how much money I had yesterday.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#116 Posted: 02:32:15 21/03/2015
Just popped into two of my local TRUs today. Looks like I saw similar things to everyone else; lots of Kaos traps, quite a few of the Kaos trap 3 packs, plenty of the Easter guys and a healthy selection of the newer Trap masters and core guys. I'm debating cancelling my walmart Kaos Trap order and just getting it now. I already paid for the Easter stuff through Gamestop, and I believe I heard that Sunday will bring some sort of sale, so I'll hold off until then.

Question; I-i wasn't the only one who saw that literally EVERY SINGLE HIGH FIVE had some ugly pain splatter on his head right? Both TRU had a bunch and I went through every one of them and didn't see a single one who wasn't splotched with paint.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#117 Posted: 04:11:53 21/03/2015
Quote: spyroflame0487
Just popped into two of my local TRUs today. Looks like I saw similar things to everyone else; lots of Kaos traps, quite a few of the Kaos trap 3 packs, plenty of the Easter guys and a healthy selection of the newer Trap masters and core guys. I'm debating cancelling my walmart Kaos Trap order and just getting it now. I already paid for the Easter stuff through Gamestop, and I believe I heard that Sunday will bring some sort of sale, so I'll hold off until then.

Question; I-i wasn't the only one who saw that literally EVERY SINGLE HIGH FIVE had some ugly pain splatter on his head right? Both TRU had a bunch and I went through every one of them and didn't see a single one who wasn't splotched with paint.

Nope, I went through a couple too!
One of the ones I saw had a streak of blank paint on a goggle sort of like a cat's eye.
---
#all Spyros are valid
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#118 Posted: 05:53:00 21/03/2015
Completely forgot about wave 4 coming out thou i did get a text alert about it tonight but too late for me to go to toysrus. I did however find all the cores at walmart by me, so I guess I'll hit tru tomorrow.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#119 Posted: 15:35:23 21/03/2015
This wave is starting to show up in other stores. I've seen easter figures and traps in Wal-Mart and Target stores. I haven't seen the cores or trapmasters, but they should be showing up soon.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#120 Posted: 17:55:02 21/03/2015
So have the traps been sighted anywhere besides toys r us?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#121 Posted: 18:06:20 21/03/2015
I went to 2 stores. One had lots of high five, bat spin, and rocky roll. They also had 4 thunderbolts, the new mini packs, and lots of new traps! But no blackout, but the second one did. Got blackout.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#122 Posted: 20:03:31 21/03/2015
been finding the new trap masters everywhere. Found a couple of the new traps at walmart today. The guy in electronics couldnt figure out how to use the scanner to see if there were more in back smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Zzyzyx Gold Sparx Gems: 2374
#123 Posted: 20:30:07 21/03/2015
Wasn't able to get to Toys R Us until today because the closest one is an hour and a half drive away. Since it seems like most stores got a decent stock I was hopeful to find at least a couple of the cores I need (already got the trap masters at GameStop). Got to TRU and they had zero of the new cores. Sounds like they didn't get many and they went fast, which was super disappointing. Hopefully it won't be too long before they show up at other stores closer to my middle of nowhere town.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#124 Posted: 23:02:04 21/03/2015
The scalpers aren't going anywhere and surely aren't dying. They just switched items. Instead of kaos traps it's not the dark traps life sword and undead captains hat. Also echo and blackout. None of the stores in my area have any of those left. I can't track down the dark traps and lif sword. That's all I need.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#125 Posted: 23:10:17 21/03/2015
Quote: DrillSarge
The scalpers aren't going anywhere and surely aren't dying. They just switched items. Instead of kaos traps it's not the dark traps life sword and undead captains hat. Also echo and blackout. None of the stores in my area have any of those left. I can't track down the dark traps and lif sword. That's all I need.

my local TRU had plenty of life swords and undead hats. no darks tho.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#126 Posted: 23:14:02 21/03/2015
mine had them all sad that scaplers are into every series hey at least these are easier to find then some amiibo I have to find still
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#127 Posted: 03:51:52 22/03/2015

My TRU store had plenty of Blackout as of Thursday night. I don't understand scalpers...they have maybe like one week tops to make money off these until they hit Best Buy, Target, and other stores...after that, they have to return the items and risk getting banned by TRU cause of their new return policy or just take a loss on their attempt at profiting off of these. Amazon.com is sure to have them up soon...they've added listing of a lot of wave 4. And about traps...it's best to play the waiting game rather than get them right away as they're released unless it's a special villain variant trap...I've casually collected them when there are good sales and haven't felt any of them are difficult to find except upon first release.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#128 Posted: 05:09:16 22/03/2015
My TRU had sign (Sale) on the Buy Water Trap-Get next trap for $1, however all traps were ringing up as BOGO $1.
Except for RHTS since it rings up different than the other traps.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#129 Posted: 09:13:17 22/03/2015
Quote: mastermc54

My TRU store had plenty of Blackout as of Thursday night. I don't understand scalpers...they have maybe like one week tops to make money off these until they hit Best Buy, Target, and other stores...after that, they have to return the items and risk getting banned by TRU cause of their new return policy or just take a loss on their attempt at profiting off of these. Amazon.com is sure to have them up soon...they've added listing of a lot of wave 4. And about traps...it's best to play the waiting game rather than get them right away as they're released unless it's a special villain variant trap...I've casually collected them when there are good sales and haven't felt any of them are difficult to find except upon first release.

Unfortunately i wish this was true in my area. I have seen the wave 3 traps once and since then have not seen much of them. I figured they'd be easy to find which is why i didnt get them all when i saw them at target. Every once in a while i spot just one but i am still missing 5 of them i think. Not taking any chances this round. Im only missing 4 of the wave 4 ones <.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#130 Posted: 12:35:11 22/03/2015
Any news if bestbuy will have any new stuff today missed out Thursday tried my luck yesterday but everything was gone smilie
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#131 Posted: 15:44:32 22/03/2015
It's only a matter of time before wave 4 proliferates to other stores. I've seen the easter items at Wal-Mart. And, I've seen wave 4 traps in Wal-Mart and Target.
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#132 Posted: 16:43:51 22/03/2015
BOGO 40% off on all Trap Team FIGURES starting today at TRU. I am taking my receipt in today to get a price adjustment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:26 22/03/2015 by spoons10696
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#133 Posted: 18:01:21 22/03/2015
^ Take it in on Thursday IF you have the TRU credit card for even further savings (10% off total).
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#134 Posted: 18:02:05 22/03/2015
local BB had only easter and trap masters out but their system wasnt even allowed to sell them today =\
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#135 Posted: 19:12:04 22/03/2015
My local Best Buy (Princeton NJ) had all of Wave 4 & 4.5 (except the 2 new Minis) including traps.

Picked everything up. Four of the characters wouldn't ring up (Batspin, Short Cut, Thunderbolt, Rocky Roll) but the guy sold me a gift card for their value and I took home the figures (he's going to ring them through after the register lock is lifted).

Pretty sure they only had one box of Cores as I was there when the store opened and they just had the one Echo.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:56:10 23/03/2015 by RevQuixo
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#136 Posted: 21:59:31 22/03/2015
So at TRU do you just take the receipt in and they'll refund you?
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
#137 Posted: 00:02:58 23/03/2015
Quote: RevQuixo
My local Best Buy (Princeton NJ) had all of Wave 4 & 4.5 (except the 2 new Minis) including traps.

Picked everything up. Four of the characters wouldn't ring up (Batspin, Short Cut, Thundercloud, Rocky Roll) but the guy sold me a gift card for their value and I took home the figures (he's going to ring them through after the register lock is lifted).

Pretty sure they only had one box of Cores as I was there when the store opened and they just had the one Echo.

Thanks for the heads up! I will be hitting the store tomorrow as Princeton is my local Best Buy. Did you find out the date the register lock lifts? And who did the override for you there? I want to make sure I talk to the right people as I'm sure they'll give me a hard time with an override.
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#138 Posted: 02:53:20 23/03/2015

Picked everything up. Four of the characters wouldn't ring up (Batspin, Short Cut, Thundercloud, Rocky Roll) but the guy sold me a gift card for their value and I took home the figures (he's going to ring them through after the register lock is lifted).

Thanks for the heads up! I will be hitting the store tomorrow as Princeton is my local Best Buy. Did you find out the date the register lock lifts? And who did the override for you there? I want to make sure I talk to the right people as I'm sure they'll give me a hard time with an override.

Didn't catch the guys name, but if they look up the items in the system they will see that the street day was today. The register just hadn't been updated. They didn't give me a hassle about it and they offered the alternative method (buy a gift card for the value of the figures and walk out with the figures).
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#139 Posted: 03:17:01 23/03/2015
Yup, just take the receipt to the service desk and they will give you a refund of the difference. I got back like $32 from my purchases I made on Thursday.
#140 Posted: 06:04:58 24/03/2015
Guess i'll try BB tomorrow here in NY, i have the gamer discount now so figure I'll see if they have the traps I need.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#141 Posted: 13:18:38 24/03/2015
Quote: spoons10696
BOGO 40% off on all Trap Team FIGURES starting today at TRU. I am taking my receipt in today to get a price adjustment.

How does that work exactly? They will price match your previous TRU purchases so long the occurred within a specific time frame of the sale?
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#142 Posted: 17:18:27 24/03/2015
I've been checking my Toys R Us almost everyday since Thursday, They've had the new Trap Masters but they never have the cores. Today I went to check again still no cores, but there were a ton of Dark and Light adventure packs
#143 Posted: 17:27:51 24/03/2015
Quote: wah543
I've been checking my Toys R Us almost everyday since Thursday, They've had the new Trap Masters but they never have the cores. Today I went to check again still no cores, but there were a ton of Dark and Light adventure packs

I was hoping they would get them in. I have a couple of $5 off $25 coupons for TRU. My son should have enough money to get one, now, if I can use the coupon. I'm hoping mine gets them in, soon.
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#144 Posted: 21:20:27 24/03/2015
Quote: stoat2337
Quote: spoons10696

How does that work exactly? They will price match your previous TRU purchases so long the occurred within a specific time frame of the sale?

Yes, If an item goes on sale within 14 days of when you purchased it, just bring in the receipt and they'll adjust the difference for you.
#145 Posted: 04:09:45 25/03/2015

Didn't catch the guys name, but if they look up the items in the system they will see that the street day was today. The register just hadn't been updated. They didn't give me a hassle about it and they offered the alternative method (buy a gift card for the value of the figures and walk out with the figures).

Finally made it down to the Princeton Best Buy today. TONS of Thunderbolt, Short Cut, Blastermind, Kaboom, Tuff Luck, Wallop, Knight Light, and Knight Mare. And at least 25 single packs of the Kaos trap. There were no signs of wave 4 cores though smilie
#146 Posted: 14:13:15 25/03/2015
Quote: wah543

Thanks for the info. I went into my TRU, yesterday, and they had 3 of each. I took my son after he got out of school and he bought the dark pack with his allowance money he had saved up. Since they were B1G1 40% off, I went ahead and sneaked in a purchase of the light pack for his birthday.
hotdiggitydog Green Sparx Gems: 304
#147 Posted: 12:14:18 26/03/2015
Besides TRU, where have you guys seen the Light & Dark traps? I can't seem to find them anywhere here in SoCal - checked Target, Best Buy & GameStop. Nothing. But I did manage to stumble across a clear variant of Short Cut. Score!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#148 Posted: 13:04:17 26/03/2015
Quote: hotdiggitydog
Besides TRU, where have you guys seen the Light & Dark traps? I can't seem to find them anywhere here in SoCal - checked Target, Best Buy & GameStop. Nothing. But I did manage to stumble across a clear variant of Short Cut. Score!

*totallyjealous*

Keep an eye on Amazon. They had several of them in stock last time I checked.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#149 Posted: 01:53:16 27/03/2015
Quote: hotdiggitydog

Well i live on the east coast but in the last 2 weeks ive seen them at target followed by tru and walmart so they are getting around.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#150 Posted: 01:57:13 27/03/2015
I really hope spotlight and blackout show up in the west coast of canada soon, importing is too pricey smilie
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me