Page 1 of 1
Cobra Cadabra
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#1 Posted: 21:18:35 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Is he a worthy purchase?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 21:23:37 17/03/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
Is he a worthy purchase?

Absolutely. smilie

I admit he was a bit "disappointing", because I was expecting some more from him, but for what he is, he's a great character, really unique and fun to play as.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#3 Posted: 21:23:54 17/03/2015
He's alright. He has a unique mechanic where you can get him to do more damage if you tap the button in some sort of rhythm, though I'm not 100% sure how to make it happen. Wonder if anyone's figured it out.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#4 Posted: 21:24:52 17/03/2015
He's a bit complicated to use yes, but he is one of my favourites!~ smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 21:26:23 17/03/2015
Gameplay wise, he's very bland. His flute does minimal damage (until you let it build up), the basket bomb does very little damage, and the pet snakes are nothing special.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#6 Posted: 22:26:09 17/03/2015
Quote: Friendzie
He's alright. He has a unique mechanic where you can get him to do more damage if you tap the button in some sort of rhythm, though I'm not 100% sure how to make it happen. Wonder if anyone's figured it out.

Friendzie, you have to play the flute do the game's current music's rhythm. It's pretty hard, especially if you don't have musical experience.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#7 Posted: 23:08:20 17/03/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy

Friendzie, you have to play the flute do the game's current music's rhythm. It's pretty hard, especially if you don't have musical experience.

It's funny because I do have musical experience but I still find it weird. I don't know what beat of the rhythm to hit sometimes, and then the flute itself plays music when you use it. I mean are you supposed to hit the upbeats, the downbeats, do half notes count? Fact is, though, usually you can get most of them to be the powered up notes anyway.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 23:08:46 17/03/2015

Woah!

I tried really hard, believing it was the correct use of that attack, but still got random results.
Awesome mechanic! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:16 17/03/2015 by Drek95
#9 Posted: 00:19:41 18/03/2015
I should say that my impression of the mechanic was that you were supposed to play to the flute to the proper rhythm of the music that the flute itself made, since I find it unlikely that the game is calculating the beat of the current background track. My theory was that you simply had to figure out what the proper timing of the button presses was and that it would always be the same pattern once you figured it out. But I could certainly be wrong.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:20:27 18/03/2015 by Friendzie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 00:29:50 18/03/2015
I should say that my impression of the mechanic was that you were supposed to play to the flute to the proper rhythm of the music that the flute itself made, since I find it unlikely that the game is calculating the beat of the current background track. My theory was that you simply had to figure out what the proper timing of the button presses was and that it would always be the same pattern once you figured it out. But I could certainly be wrong.

This is what I suspected as well~
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#11 Posted: 00:35:57 18/03/2015

It's funny because I do have musical experience but I still find it weird. I don't know what beat of the rhythm to hit sometimes, and then the flute itself plays music when you use it. I mean are you supposed to hit the upbeats, the downbeats, do half notes count? Fact is, though, usually you can get most of them to be the powered up notes anyway.

I just tried playing with him again, and because there is no penalty for playing the flute off beat, if you just spam the flute attack, a lot of them will be powered up like you said. smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 00:45:19 18/03/2015
got this guy a few days ago, and he's good.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 00:55:01 18/03/2015
He's unique, but won't be everyone's cup of tea. No one will be breaking down the doors telling everyone how AWESOME he is...but I respect what they TRIED to do to the character. Not sure if they quite pulled it off. So I don't see a repose for this guy...ever. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:55:35 18/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#14 Posted: 02:30:32 18/03/2015
He IS my favorite Magic character.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#15 Posted: 12:36:42 18/03/2015
I didn't find him amazing but I did find both his paths pretty unique and cool. And your play styles differ a lot for each 1. But that may be because whatever path you don't choose ends up a little underpowered in in my opinion. He probably needs a pow wow, but I think if PvP type stuff comes back he might shine in that area.

The flute path is just a decent projectile but I found the mind control thing pretty fun. Focusing on hypnotising 1 charscter isn't completely worth it sometimes but The hypnotism circle thing also acts as a damaging barrier that enemies get stuck behind so it can provide some decent defense . I think if you like blastermind you'll appreciate it.

The snake basket path is pretty fun too. It's great for dodging. Once you get the hang of shooting between baskets around enemies you can easily avoid ever getting damaged while the snakes and explosions slowly kill off everything. This I think would really shine in pvp .
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#16 Posted: 12:43:49 18/03/2015
I'm kind of meh on him, so my wife and I are waiting for the variant to purchase
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#17 Posted: 12:48:36 18/03/2015
He's solid. I find him to be a 'safe' core good at 'large' groups, but not so much single target strong foes.

Yes I just spam and blow baskets of snakes...
- Unreall
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me