Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Return for Defective Skylanders [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 01:34:16 15/03/2015 | Topic Creator
So, I bought some SSA 3 packs for $9 each this weekend (and with BOG 40 I basically got the figures for $2 each) and my Double Trouble is DOA. The return on Activision's site doesn't specifically indicate I need to return it, there is no return form for me to download/print out, and the email I received did not have a label to print out like indicated on the submission. The return link once I submitted my request for replacement did not work. I did however see a link via support forums but again, no mention of the champions.

https://support.activision.com...eplacement-Form

So, for those that may have done this recently...am I missing something?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:41 15/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 22:54:21 15/03/2015
Did you submit a replacement request? I know several people have said that they didn't ask for the broken figure to be sent back. But variants (and maybe other hard to find figures), they do ask for them to be sent back (probably to avoid people just submitting replacement requests to get them). I will say, though, that I had to send a figure back (Springtime Trigger Happy) and they didn't send me a label or anything. I had to pay for shipping there and they ended up losing it. It was ok me a few months to get it sent back (and even then, they sent it to the wrong address). I think they should pay for shipping and send a label (which also helps keep better track of returns on their end). But if they didn't say to send it back, you probably don't have to. But maybe I would call with your RMA # and make sure.
#3 Posted: 00:47:43 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I did submit the request...my inquiry here is because they weren't EXTREMELY clear. For example, they said to follow the instructions in the email about return....the email didn't list any requirements. And when I submitted the return inquiry, the return instructions link was non functional.

It did in fact say certain in game variants / legendaries did in fact had to be returned...

I'll call tomorrow to be sure. Extreme bummer I got a DOA from the store as the portal was right there and could've tested them before I went to checkout. $5 for a new SSA three pack though is hardcore cheap. Specific info here a few months ago about a sudden change in policy on needing returns of skylanders was also why I'm asking...what I'm seeing is that the policy has only changed if you have defective non store variants. If that's the case, that's good news b/c I can waste more cost shipping the darn thing than what I paid for it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:25 16/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 00:57:41 16/03/2015
They actually do replace chase figures. You need to send them in, too. There's a whole department that handles the replacement of special edition figures.

You might want to give their customer service phone number a call. They'll be able to solve most of the issues.

You'll also love the pre recorded message on the Skylanders CS help number, lol.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:58:22 16/03/2015 by Matteomax
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#5 Posted: 02:19:38 16/03/2015
I never had to return figures, I've had a defective Gill Grunt from my original starter pack and my Eye Brawl died. They sent my free replacements
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#6 Posted: 03:02:06 16/03/2015
Quote: JetVac96
I never had to return figures, I've had a defective Gill Grunt from my original starter pack and my Eye Brawl died. They sent my free replacements

They made me return my Eye-Brawl and Thumpback back during the Giants era smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#7 Posted: 03:35:23 16/03/2015
I wonder what causes them to break. In theory should they last forever? Or are they all bound to break sooner or later?
#8 Posted: 04:14:56 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Friendzie
I wonder what causes them to break. In theory should they last forever? Or are they all bound to break sooner or later?

The chips will fail. In addition to the physical nature of the failure, I'm also wondering if bad coding could cause some of these to fail. I've never had a DOA out of the box until now. I've had a Granite Crusher to die while playing. I had to get a return for a Gill Grunt and that was only because the bottom wasn't attached. I later found out I could just glue it (and I did) and he's good as new.

Matteomax: I have a college education, and the fact that links aren't working and previous messages to me about the process conflict with one another tells me they need to articulate their messaging better. I'm sure the last thing they need is to have every single person needing a replacement having to call in too.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:17:38 16/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#9 Posted: 08:05:50 16/03/2015
I hope that never happens to me . My Skylander needs to be DOA ASAP if i have any hope of getting a replacement at the shoppe .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#10 Posted: 00:06:53 17/03/2015
From my own research it seems that Skylander RFID chips could potentially last a few decades. So I guess in 20 years I need to eBay my collection just to be safe.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:13:43 17/03/2015 by Friendzie
#11 Posted: 17:06:09 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah we've had a few threads here. Ironically the biggest time for a resurgence in the franchise will in fact be ~20 years down the road, when many folks "revisit" the franchise/game. Many uses of RFID have a finite lifespan...a bit worried that folks have much higher expectations of their investment than 10/20 years. I guess we better chummy up to the idea that these will be just nice looking pieces of plastic eventually. A great idea to pass the buck to someone else though. roflmao. It will be interesting to see just how bad the failure rate is in just 5 years from now. The fact I got a DOA still in the box from a manufacture date of 4 years ago might say something.

Remember kiddos---after 60 days beyond purchase...the failure of the fig is on you. It may speak to these "great" sales on SSA figs I'm seeing.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=80180
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:15:06 17/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#12 Posted: 19:16:42 19/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Got a replacement skylander in 4 days. Not bad. Not bad at all. And it actually WORKS!
---
#13 Posted: 22:50:52 19/03/2015
Well I have 185 Skylanders now, and none of them were ever DOA or have broken. So I'm thinking failures are still very rare. One thing we don't know is where that SSA package was sitting all these years. If it's been languishing in a 150 degree warehouse in New Mexico for 4 years, then that could maybe be a bad thing? lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:08 19/03/2015 by Friendzie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 22:52:13 19/03/2015
the only fail i ever got was a legendary bouncer who stopped lighting up after a while.
#15 Posted: 02:16:00 20/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
the only fail i ever got was a legendary bouncer who stopped lighting up after a while.

I think the lightcores are the first to fail. My Granite Crusher, just for fun, I put him on the portal and he actually worked....for 2 min...his light wasn't so bright. Weird that the chip's data is still intact but can't be read by portal. Not sure if this induction thing they're doing to power the lights is somehow messing with reading the chip.
---
#16 Posted: 02:34:27 20/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: ZapNorris

I think the lightcores are the first to fail. My Granite Crusher, just for fun, I put him on the portal and he actually worked....for 2 min...his light wasn't so bright. Weird that the chip's data is still intact but can't be read by portal. Not sure if this induction thing they're doing to power the lights is somehow messing with reading the chip.

I wonder if this is why we didn't see lightcores for Trap Team. If they're failing at a greater rate than other Skylanders, it has to be costing Activision more time and money having to do replacements for them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:44 20/03/2015 by Friendzie
#17 Posted: 05:23:05 20/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Pretty good hypothesis...exactly what I'm thinking. My fail was a lightcore...a friend's lightcore is about "gone", and a number here have said the same. Cool and all, but I'd rather have a toy that keeps working. I'd argue the costs of SHIPPING is what would kill them. The toys probably cost $1 or less. Weird also that some eBayers are selling the replacement kits that Activsion usually sends out. My replacement was a retail package--wasn't always like this.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:26:19 20/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#18 Posted: 17:04:10 20/03/2015
i had to send back a legendary spyro.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#19 Posted: 17:14:07 20/03/2015
I've had a similar experience. I've had three failures, all of which were Giants. My Hot Head died a couple weeks after Giants launched, and my Swarm and Crusher were both died when Trap Team came out.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me