Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Art of Happiness [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#1 Posted: 10:42:52 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I've noticed that there are many users on this site who struggle with their daily lives emotionally, and this in turn reflects negatively on their mood and behavior. I would like to try to help them, and also get a chance to write down some of my thoughts in public.

Now I don't mean to brag, but I've found that I am able to overcome emotional burdens that many people result to dwell on. Heartache, death, failure, spirituality, these are things that touch everyone's lives.
This is not an inherent ability of any sort. I simply have a very refined life philosophy, and I would like to share some of it with you. I'd also rather not try to categorize it beforehand.

Feel free to post your own as well if you want to, but be ready to discuss them if you do.

I will list all the subjects that I will be discussing here, and I will tackle them one by one when I'm in the right mindset and find the correct words. I may add to them, remove them, split them apart or merge them as I start writing. They're also not in any numerical order. I think I'll also add some relevant quotes or song lyrics at the end of the posts as well.
I will then edit this message to show which post I discussed which subject in.

Needless the say, this topic will probably include a lot of long posts. If you're just going to reply "tl:dr" you might as well go to S&N to be ignored.

- Attitude and vision
- Youth and potential (Post #9)
- Depression and obstacles
- Attraction and love
- Religion and Spirituality
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:12 22/03/2015 by Samius
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#2 Posted: 11:16:35 09/03/2015
Thanks for showing your care, Samius.

I'm sure I'll use this in the future

And it's definitely needed for a lot of users going through truckloads of changes, deep and tough situations.. And ranting in the Personal Thoughts, with no support, no help what so ever, is very difficult and should never be ignored. I appreciate you taking your time to do such a wonderful thing. It really means a lot. Hopefully there are lots of users using this topic.
#3 Posted: 11:25:33 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thank you, that means a lot to hear.

I actually got this idea from reading Personal Thoughts. Many of those important, emotionally charged posts simply get ignored, which is the opposite of what should happen.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#4 Posted: 11:39:00 09/03/2015
Quote: Samius
Thank you, that means a lot to hear.

I actually got this idea from reading Personal Thoughts. Many of those important, emotionally charged posts simply get ignored, which is the opposite of what should happen.

No problem.

Bolded: Exactly. No one should be ignored.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#5 Posted: 23:03:10 09/03/2015
Quote: Samius
I've noticed that there are many users on this site who struggle with their daily lives emotionally, and this in turn reflects negatively on their mood and behavior. I would like to try to help them, and also get a chance to write down some of my thoughts in public.

Now I don't mean to brag, but I've found that I am able to overcome emotional burdens that many people result to dwell on. Heartache, death, failure, spirituality, these are things that touch everyone's lives.
This is not an inherent ability of any sort. I simply have a very refined life philosophy, and I would like to share some of it with you. I'd also rather not try to categorize it beforehand.

Feel free to post your own as well if you want to, but be ready to discuss them if you do.

I will list all the subjects that I will be discussing here, and I will tackle them one by one when I'm in the right mindset and find the correct words. I may add to them, remove them, split them apart or merge them as I start writing. They're also not in any numerical order. I think I'll also add some relevant quotes or song lyrics at the end of the posts as well.
I will then edit this message to show which post I discussed which subject in.

Needless the say, this topic will probably include a lot of long posts. If you're just going to reply "tl:dr" you might as well go to S&N to be ignored.

- Attitude and vision
- Youth and potential
- Depression and obstacles
- Attraction and love
- Religion and Spirituality

Yes. We should always help those who are in need. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#6 Posted: 04:34:43 10/03/2015
I personally REALLY need this topic, so thank you.
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#7 Posted: 05:14:46 10/03/2015
Gonna be keeping an eye on this topic, interested on what you come up with, Samius
#8 Posted: 08:27:22 10/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thank you all. I might have a hard time trying to explain my exact thoughts, and they might not work for you exactly as they work for me. I might value different aspects of life than you do, and I've also grown up with this way of thinking for a couple of years now so it has had some time to "settle in".
As a teenager I was very bitter and cynical. I possessed many delusions of maturity, and I often held myself above others, even when I literally had no reason to. The "methods" that I will discuss on this topic have enabled me to grow as a person and temper my ego.

However, I don't intend to make this topic a literal "guide" of some sort, but to serve as an inspiration to find a way of thinking that suits you and enables you to live happily, since it is all about how you align your own thoughts.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:13:14 10/03/2015 by Samius
#9 Posted: 01:51:27 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, I figured it's time for me to start writing.

Youth and Potential

I don't consider myself to have been "young" in a long time now. I'm already twenty-two, and I've only got so much growing up left to do. These are simply important lessons that I've learned while looking back at my teenage years.

I think a lot of people here can relate to me when I say that I lived a very introverted childhood. I was the quiet kid, and I preferred it that way. I was also a trailblazer in the ways of ideas, and I like to think that I matured a lot quicker than most.
As a result of spending so much time with my own thoughts, I quickly lost sight of other people's attitudes as a teen. I judged others harshly based on how they treated me. Today I see the error in that, but at the time it felt appropriate. I became very cynical and narcissistic at a time when I feel like I should have known better than that. I dwelt in my own dreamworld and quietly hated on everybody that called me out for that. Even my friends, who did not share most of my viewpoints..
Eventually my reclusive nature made way for a more open-minded, objective attitude, but the damage had already been done. I was unmotivated and felt like the whole world was against me. At times I'm still faced with the same thoughts, but I deal with them happily, knowing that the ordeals that I faced in my teens taught me much. What once seemed complicated and obscured is now much clearer.

Nowadays whenever I look at a young person, I see a personality that is not yet done. That includes the young users here on darkSpyro. I know they will learn and change as I did, so I try not to judge them harshly for their mistakes. When I joined this site it would've destroyed me had I been publicly ridiculed by a mob of users for every little mistake I made, and if fact, had people here not been kind to me from the start, I don't think you guys would have me as your moderator here today, talking about things like this. So be understanding. Even birds learn to fly by falling.

Young people themselves often do not realize the value of the years they're living through. Your youth is the basis for everything that happens later in your life, which is what makes it so important.
Too often the time you have is wasted on worrying about things which you cannot change. Don't worry or hurry, the future will come sooner than you expect. Focus on the little things, the crushes, the awkward moments of puberty, homework, friends, having fun, and remember to keep an open mind.
Don't shun away from new experiences, and strive to see and learn as much as you can. If you make mistakes, don't be discouraged. The worst thing you can do in your teens is to be disheartened. Your mistakes will only serve you later in life when you can look back to them for guidance. The temporary embarrassment, self-pity or anger is worth it in the end, and there is nothing to forgive yourself for.

It is also a huge boon to be able to know what you want to do early on in life. If you have a dream, keep it safe and don't let the world beat it out of you. There is a huge amount of people who never became the kind of persons they would have wanted to be because they stopped believing in themselves. They took the easy way, the "smart" way, instead of working hard for a future that was more unsure, but the one they wanted. Those kind of people die with regrets. If you don't give up, the worst that can happen is that you will fail, and learn from the experience.
And if you happen to be unsure about what you want to do with your life, it is useless to worry. You cannot coax the right answer out of your mind manually. Keep trying out new things, and as you gain experience, the picture becomes clearer. It's not too late to start studying for a new occupation when you're 25, but if you've worked in a wrong one for a decade, that is wasted time.

Figure out what makes you happy, and don't fall for the illusion that money is always the measure of success. Happiness comes from within.
Accept yourself as you are, the good and the bad. Live humbly by the ideas that you set for yourself, and treat others with respect. Then you will always receive respect in return.

"In youth we learn; in age we understand."
~Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me