Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The truth is out there.... [CLOSED]
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#1 Posted: 13:49:08 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Maybe Mulder actually had a point.

Yes he was crazy.

Yes he was obsessive.

Yes he broke the rules.

*slap* Oh right my point :/

Anyway i've always been of the impression we are actually not alone in the universe, because lets face it, there has to be something out there with so much empty space to fill

What are your thoughts on this subject?

*Waits patiently*.
---
^ You all know it's true
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:42 03/03/2015 by Greeble
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2 Posted: 13:53:56 03/03/2015
[User Posted Image]
---
you never saw me
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#3 Posted: 15:27:34 03/03/2015
It's practically guaranteed there's life somewhere else but the chances of us encountering them or vice versa is infinitesimally small.
#4 Posted: 15:38:10 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyro and sonic
It's practically guaranteed there's life somewhere else but the chances of us encountering them or vice versa is infinitesimally small.

Who's to say that we haven't already?

They could be people we know..
---
^ You all know it's true
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 20:17:27 03/03/2015
I say it's possible...~
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#6 Posted: 20:41:24 03/03/2015

I have to agree with what Neil says, although the last part of the second video is simply speculation.

Take a look at the videos if you're interested, and other videos of his interviews, etc. They're just great.

Edit: No, seriously, this warrants a third edit. Watch the videos.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:56:04 03/03/2015 by Samius
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 21:00:05 03/03/2015
Yes. There is other life out there. It's pretty much impossible for there not to be.

But we also have to keep in mind that not all life will be advanced, evolved lifeforms. It isn't far fetched to think that our first encounter with alien life will be microscopic beings.
#8 Posted: 21:27:52 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Yes. There is other life out there. It's pretty much impossible for there not to be.

But we also have to keep in mind that not all life will be advanced, evolved lifeforms. It isn't far fetched to think that our first encounter with alien life will be microscopic beings.

Well everything has to start somewhere.
---
^ You all know it's true
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 21:36:54 03/03/2015
Exactly, and to imply that every form of life out there is more evolved than us is ridiculous. I'm sure there's plenty of life out there that's just starting out, and I imagine that we'll find those first before any advanced life.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#10 Posted: 21:39:39 03/03/2015
Que ancient aliens meme..
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#11 Posted: 22:17:39 03/03/2015
I haven't looked at anything to do with him yet, but a friend today was talking about aliens and referred me to this hacker who goes by the alias "Solo". Apparently they hacked NASA and found pictures of aliens and UFOs or something, I dunno.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#12 Posted: 22:20:03 03/03/2015
*Thinks about lost in space tv show*
---
Dead
#13 Posted: 22:43:23 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: BigBoom
I haven't looked at anything to do with him yet, but a friend today was talking about aliens and referred me to this hacker who goes by the alias "Solo". Apparently they hacked NASA and found pictures of aliens and UFOs or something, I dunno.

I wonder if there was something found on Mars.

If there's a water source, it stands to reason that something can survive there.
---
^ You all know it's true
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#14 Posted: 01:37:02 04/03/2015
Quote: Greeble

If there's a water source, it stands to reason that something can survive there.

Well we will be finding out sooner or later cause their sending 20 plus people up to mars in 2024 and NASA just came out a few days ago and said that there might be a possibillity for life to be on titan (saturns moon.)
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#15 Posted: 10:39:09 04/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: shroom boom

Well we will be finding out sooner or later cause their sending 20 plus people up to mars in 2024 and NASA just came out a few days ago and said that there might be a possibillity for life to be on titan (saturns moon.)

It'd be nice to know that there was something more than us out there.
---
^ You all know it's true
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#16 Posted: 19:37:09 04/03/2015
Of course.

Any sensible being would have the knowledge that implies YES, there are other beings out there.

Beings that are more intelligent, just as intelligent, and beings who aren't at our level yet. (Meaning like cave-men-type beings, beings in the "dark ages", etc...)

I find it absolutely insane that there are people who are foolish enough to think that we are alone here.

Absolutely insane...
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#17 Posted: 20:15:44 04/03/2015
Ok, I thought I might as well comment instead of simply posting two videos that people will probably ignore anyway.
I'm pretty knowledgeable on the subject of astronomy, I regularly check the newest findings in science and space exploration and I aspire to become an astrophysicist one day. I've also studied psychology, so I do have some thoughts on the matter.

However, I am dead tired now so I'll post them tomorrow. I hope this topic doesn't die and that we get to see some interesting discussion in the following days.
#18 Posted: 21:08:44 04/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius
Ok, I thought I might as well comment instead of simply posting two videos that people will probably ignore anyway.
I'm pretty knowledgeable on the subject of astronomy, I regularly check the newest findings in science and space exploration and I aspire to become an astrophysicist one day. I've also studied psychology, so I do have some thoughts on the matter.

However, I am dead tired now so I'll post them tomorrow. I hope this topic doesn't die and that we get to see some interesting discussion in the following days.

I hope so too, i'm looking forward to seeing people's thoughts.
---
^ You all know it's true
#19 Posted: 23:57:41 06/03/2015
Okay, I might be a bit late, but anyway.. I'll start by presenting my thoughts on this subject in general. I'll elaborate later if any sort of discussion comes up.

Put short, I think pretty much all of these UFO/alien theories exist simply due to people believing/seeing what they want to believe/see. Everything I've seen so far correlates with the influences of the mainstream media too much for me to believe that they could have any basis on logic.

That being said, it's still pretty obvious that we're not the only form of life in the cosmos. Given how common the ingredients needed to create life are, I'd say it's inevitable that it also exists somewhere else.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#20 Posted: 00:00:53 07/03/2015
go home aliens
#21 Posted: 00:11:17 07/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius
Okay, I might be a bit late, but anyway.. I'll start by presenting my thoughts on this subject in general. I'll elaborate later if any sort of discussion comes up.

Put short, I think pretty much all of these UFO/alien theories exist simply due to people believing/seeing what they want to believe/see. Everything I've seen so far correlates with the influences of the mainstream media too much for me to believe that they could have any basis on logic.

That being said, it's still pretty obvious that we're not the only form of life in the cosmos. Given how common the ingredients needed to create life are, I'd say it's inevitable that it also exists somewhere else.

It'd be nice to see that there is something before i go.

You never know how long you have.
---
^ You all know it's true
#22 Posted: 10:31:08 07/03/2015
It'd be nice to see that there is something before i go.

You never know how long you have.

I can understand a bit of sentimentality, but I'm afraid that our first contact with extraterrestrials will likely be nothing like people tend to imagine it to be because of movies, videogames, etc.
We won't meet aliens face to face, or communicate with them right away, if ever. And that's if they're even sentient and intelligent/stupid enough to be interested in us.

By the way, I say "stupid" because aliens that are vastly intelligent are probably advanced enough for us to not be even able to comprehend it, let alone be aware of it. We don't have conversations with chimps either, with whom we have most of our DNA and most of our body language and group behavior in common. And even chimps have been known to react to other animals as if they knew they were intellectually superior, just like we do.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#23 Posted: 03:39:38 08/03/2015
If you do some research, you find the odds of life anything like earth's forming are quite low. Planets like earth are extraordinarily rare, and even then the chances are still slim on those. (Before anyone slams me as being "religious and stupid", there are secular scientists and studies on this, so yeah).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#24 Posted: 03:52:46 08/03/2015
[User Posted Image]

Trust me. We'll find them one day.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me