Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
You know what I love? [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 17:54:28 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Reading a post on social media, a forum, etc. written by someone who is so illiterate that it barely counts as English. If you can't spell text talk, let alone words longer than three letters, don't try. You don't need to remind everyone that your existence will amount to nothing and that you are the intellectual equal of a four year old.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#2 Posted: 18:00:02 28/02/2015
thats pretty harsh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 18:05:24 28/02/2015
ppl who use txt spk mght not have time.
ppl who use txt spk mght be very literate, they just prefer 2 use txt spk.
it might b annoying 2 read, but don't judge ppl on their typing style.

Sorry, just had to say it because of the fact that "You don't need to remind everyone that your existence will amount to nothing." People who do use it, aren't hurting anyone, so I don't understand what the big deal is. :P
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 18:08:04 28/02/2015
Holy jeez, that's a strong opinion.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#5 Posted: 18:11:22 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12

Sorry, just had to say it because of the fact that "You don't need to remind everyone that your existence will amount to nothing." People who do use it, aren't hurting anyone, so I don't understand what the big deal is. smilie

Well, if I showed some of the facebook statuses I see to my English teacher from last year she'd probably be slamming her head onto the wall for a whole week.
#6 Posted: 18:13:16 28/02/2015
I know a family friend who's training to be an English teacher, and they use text speak on Facebook a lot. They are incredibly intelligent.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#7 Posted: 18:18:01 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: BigBoom
I know a family friend who's training to be an English teacher, and they use text speak on Facebook a lot. They are incredibly intelligent.

That's ironic because if I were training to be an English teacher I'd start by writing intelligibly (which I already do).
#8 Posted: 18:25:54 28/02/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
That's ironic because if I were training to be an English teacher I'd start by writing intelligibly (which I already do).

And the ironic thing here is, intelligibly isn't even a word.
---
#9 Posted: 18:33:13 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: BigBoom

And the ironic thing here is, intelligibly isn't even a word.

Next time you try to change the subject, please make sure that your claim is at least true.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/intelligibly
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:57 28/02/2015 by Mrmorrises
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#10 Posted: 18:35:55 28/02/2015
Yeaah...

I know that feel.

I was playing this game a while back (Aion Online) and people were advertising for their guild/legion thing,

and then I see that they are saying "English only".......

Now if only they actually knew English. >_> (Can't remember how exactly they put it, but that should tell you enough. :/ )
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#11 Posted: 18:47:03 28/02/2015
I no ow u feel.

I ate ppl ooh kent spel rit.
---
^ You all know it's true
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#12 Posted: 18:49:49 28/02/2015
I can understand judging people by how literate they are to an extent, since the quality of their thoughts are usually directly proportionate to the amount of knowledge they hold.

Still, I wouldn't say that their existence amounts to nothing.
#13 Posted: 18:50:31 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Greeble
I no ow u feel.

You ate people who can't spell right?!? How many did you eat?!?
#14 Posted: 18:51:22 28/02/2015
I no ow u feel.

You ate people who can't spell right?!? How many did you eat?!?

Just a handful.

They tasted like Popcorn chicken smilie
---
^ You all know it's true
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#15 Posted: 18:54:06 28/02/2015
Reading a post on social media, a forum, etc. written by someone who is so illiterate that it barely counts as English. If you can't spell text talk, let alone words longer than three letters, don't try. You don't need to remind everyone that your existence will amount to nothing and that you are the intellectual equal of a four year old.

Look I understand your frustration, however to say that to any person is extremely harsh. There's no need to put down others because of your frustration. smilie
#16 Posted: 18:58:57 28/02/2015

Sorry, just had to say it because of the fact that "You don't need to remind everyone that your existence will amount to nothing." People who do use it, aren't hurting anyone, so I don't understand what the big deal is. smilie

Well, if I showed some of the facebook statuses I see to my English teacher from last year she'd probably be slamming her head onto the wall for a whole week.

I still don't see why you said that "your existence will amount to nothing". Like, really? Really? You don't even know them as a person, and you are judging them based on Facebook posts.
---
#17 Posted: 19:01:00 28/02/2015

I still don't see why you said that "your existence will amount to nothing". Like, really? Really? You don't even know them as a person, and you are judging them based on Facebook posts.

That's generally how people are judged nowadays, trust me i know.

If people took the time to get to know each other a little better the world as a whole would be a better place.
---
^ You all know it's true
#18 Posted: 19:04:06 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper

Look I understand your frustration, however to say that to any person is extremely harsh. There's no need to put down others because of your frustration. smilie

Not necessarily frustrated here, just making a general statement.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#19 Posted: 19:05:22 28/02/2015
With Twitter, I can understand using acronyms and shorthand due to the limitation in characters, but if you're writing an essay, I do not expect you using "LOL", unless you're recalling a text conversation.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#20 Posted: 19:09:13 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
This topic makes me cringe more than horrible grammar does.

Well, you're always free to never look at this topic again and go back to reading the horrible grammar posts, that way you'll be exposed to the lesser of two evils, in your opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:36 28/02/2015 by Mrmorrises
#21 Posted: 19:10:04 28/02/2015
Social media such as Twitter and Facebook should be used in moderation.

I think most people forget that, and they put their entire lives out there and then wonder why others judge them.

Simple solution, have the intelligence to hold back a little.
---
^ You all know it's true
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#22 Posted: 19:13:17 28/02/2015
Quote: thumper

Not necessarily frustrated here, just making a general statement.

Oh okay so you're not frustrated but your general statement is extremely harsh Mrmorrises. smilie
#23 Posted: 19:17:22 28/02/2015
I no ow u feel.

Is it weird I know what that says?
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#24 Posted: 19:18:33 28/02/2015
Quote: JCW555
I no ow u feel.

Not really, I understand it too.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#25 Posted: 19:18:45 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I no ow u feel.

No. I knew what it says. But then again, I've been exposed to that kind of talk for quite some time.
#26 Posted: 19:21:25 28/02/2015
^ That's 1337 speek without numbers. Being on computers since 1999, I know what 1337 speek is and how to decipher it.
---
#27 Posted: 19:21:26 28/02/2015
I no ow u feel.

No. I knew what it says. But then again, I've been exposed to that kind of talk for quite some time.

Amen sister.

I sometimes wonder why people bother to learn English, when they clearly have no intention of using it.
---
^ You all know it's true
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#28 Posted: 19:29:07 28/02/2015
Those are some rather strong words that I wouldn't say I fully agree with, but I will say how one types or talks does reflect on how intelligent you appear to others. This of course means it would be wise to speak in a way that doesn't make you look dumber than you are, but at the same time, don't try to throw around big words to make yourself look smarter than you are as that will back-fire just as badly.

It does rather urk me at times to see people use speech like that, though on here I can be fine with it depending on the situation and who's posting it as I'll know it means they are making a post that shouldn't be taken seriously. There can be a time and place for such form of language, but it seems a lot of the time and place it gets used may not be the proper time or place.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#29 Posted: 21:29:20 28/02/2015
My existence will amount to nothing if I type stupidly. Seems legit.
#30 Posted: 21:50:48 28/02/2015
I type stupidly all the time and yet i still live a meaningful existence.

Point Greeble.
---
^ You all know it's true
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#31 Posted: 22:59:22 28/02/2015

lol shet up m8

i wil f4k u ^ ne day o duh week m8

ur s2pid

In all honesty, I do think your statement is kind of harsh. But I agree with your central point.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:37 28/02/2015 by Metallo
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#32 Posted: 23:15:59 28/02/2015
if you can understand what theyre saying then theres no reason to correct or criticize them. besides, some people have impediments or disorders that affect their ability to type with perfect grammar. literally the entire point of language is just to understand what another person is trying to project to you and as long as you can do that then who gives a ****.

pretentious assholes. thats who gives a ****
---
tubular
#33 Posted: 00:41:10 01/03/2015
Quote: Metallo

lol shet up m8

ur s2pid

In all honesty, I do think your statement is kind of harsh. But I agree with your central point.

Translation.

Laugh out loud shut up mate

I will **** you up any day of the week mate.

You're stupid.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:17:06 01/03/2015 by JCW555
#34 Posted: 00:45:03 01/03/2015

lol shet up m8

ur s2pid

Translation.

I will **** you up (one?) day of the week mate.

You're stupid.

Can you teach me the ways of the force?
---
^ You all know it's true
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#35 Posted: 01:11:34 01/03/2015

lol shet up m8

ur s2pid

Translation.

I will **** you up (one?) day of the week mate.

You're stupid.

I think its "any day of the week"
#36 Posted: 01:16:47 01/03/2015
^ You're right Epic_popthorn.
---
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#37 Posted: 02:01:57 01/03/2015
They're writing a facebook post not a 5000 word essay. You don't need to type with immaculate grammar and APA referencing to make a one sentence post on a social networking site.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#38 Posted: 02:31:05 01/03/2015
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
They're writing a facebook post not a 5000 word essay. You don't need to type with immaculate grammar and APA referencing to make a one sentence post on a social networking site.

Woah, woah, woah.......Social media is a totally different realm altogether. That's where you need to be the most articulate, because that's where everyone will look: from your boyfriend's parents to potential employers, all the important people will see it. You want to give a good impression.
#39 Posted: 03:26:49 01/03/2015
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

Woah, woah, woah
.......Social media is a totally different realm altogether. That's where you need to be the most articulate, because that's where everyone will look: from your boyfriend's parents to potential employers, all the important people will see it. You want to give a good impression.

WHATS NEW PUSSYCAT?

/badjoke
---
#40 Posted: 03:27:25 01/03/2015
WHATS NEW PUSSYCAT?

/badjoke

Oh my gosh, I was thinking the exact same thing.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me