Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Fair Housing practices and other concerns [CLOSED]
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#1 Posted: 10:46:01 25/02/2015 | Topic Creator
All the Alter Egos have houses except Builda Grilla Drilla, Frosted Food Fight, Sundae Slobber Tooth, Holiday Washbuckler, Admiral Thumpback, Hoppity Pop Fizz, New Years Countdown, and Lucky Boomer (Don't remember if Charming Cobra Cadabra was getting one or not). Some of these are Swappers and Giants and can go in other houses, but so could Knockout Jawbreaker and he bullied his way into a house. Why are some homeless and others not.

Thumpling, Mini-Jini, Eye Small, and Barkley can all shack up with their giant counterparts. Drobit, Spry, Pet Vac and Bop can go in Dragon/Bird Houses, but they shouldn't have to when they could only take up a square. Meanwhile Weeruptor is out on the street while Small Fry has a comfy pillow to lay his little head down on every night. Terrabite and Gill Runt have been living off the land for far too long.

A can of worms was opened when Love Potion Pop Fizz got his own love shack. How many in game variants wish they had a place to call home. I know Jolly Bumbleblast wasn't so Jolly and Molten Hot Dog was far beyond his boiling point, to name just a few.

It's close to the witching hour and Hex has been banned from her relatives houses, it just doesn't seem right. Fryno knows how she feels.

Two elements don't even have an Island to call home.

Blizzard Chill was the first of her kind to make it to the islands, and Nitro Krypt King found his way, but Dark Food Fight, Dark Snap Shot, Dark Wildfire, Legendary Blades, Legendary Jawbreaker, and Legendary Deja Vu must have got lost while looking for Pumpkin Eye Brawl who has always been left out in the cold (unlike Blizzard Chill). Maybe the mostly unlinkable Fire Bone Hot Dog, and the other not just reposed but rethought Skylanders will make it too.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#2 Posted: 14:18:08 25/02/2015
Awesome post!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 17:09:17 25/02/2015
Same as midas, but only one problem with the non-variants - the supplementary material more or less confirms they live in Eon's Citadel, so Hex, Fryno and co. probably just use someone else's home while they're in the Lost Islands. This definately applies for the Swappers, Trap Masters and Minis, who either have lost their places or have a home one dimension too far.
This is just another reason for the Skylanders to start a union already - poor housing conditions,no universal Skystones deck shipping, and endless abuse from NPCs who keep demanding them to prove their identity by doing extremely dangerous things.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 19:08:15 25/02/2015
I will complain about the unfairness when i have no more houses to buy .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#5 Posted: 22:39:16 25/02/2015
Can everyone go into a cadette house
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#6 Posted: 23:39:43 25/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes, but it would be a boring kingdom.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
Unhappy Gamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1451
#7 Posted: 02:15:43 26/02/2015
that was the funniest and awesome post I've read in a long time. kudos and hi 5s
---
If you have my other acct on your friends list feel free to remove. smilie
Corrupted acct name: CantPlay GameCrashed smilie
New acct name: Unhappy Gamer smilie
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#8 Posted: 03:28:39 26/02/2015
Lets not forget Fortune Funny Bone.
Coachjohn2049 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1376
#9 Posted: 03:53:37 26/02/2015
Best thread in a long time, thanks!
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#10 Posted: 01:18:36 27/02/2015
Fortune funny bone?
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#11 Posted: 04:54:50 27/02/2015
Quote: Coachjohn2049

Well, either a glitch or a photoshop, depending who you ask. Someone on a Lost Islands group showed a picture of him saying they just got him recently by a glitch through the wishing well, I won't say which camp I am in.
#12 Posted: 08:50:54 27/02/2015
I know the programmers are a bit erratic and random but that kind of makes it fun and personal .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:51:56 27/02/2015 by Dark fhoenix
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#13 Posted: 13:45:54 27/02/2015
Quote: lamoracke
Quote: Coachjohn2049

Well, either a glitch or a photoshop, depending who you ask. Someone on a Lost Islands group showed a picture of him saying they just got him recently by a glitch through the wishing well, I won't say which camp I am in.

Probably someone using time travel to check on the well's contents ahead of time. Risky business because if you time it wrong, you can lose the well's contents for the month.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#14 Posted: 16:31:10 27/02/2015
With how things have been going, they seem to be on a regular schedule like they were before. That means the new monthly alter ego is programmed the Tuesday before the beginning of the month. So it should be safe to time travel, then, if you dared (or wanted) to. People did used to do it more before they programmed the well not to reset if you jumped ahead before the alter ego was programmed, which was over a year ago. People realized that you could jump ahead to the next month before the alter ego was programmed and it would put a random gem item in the well. Going back and forth would give you a new item, and even when you won one of the items, the next time you jumped back and forth, the well would reset with a new item. You could keep doing it until you got the item you wanted (companion, available house, etc.). The programmers realized this, so they programmed it to lock onto whatever popped up in the well when you changed to the new month. So many people jumped ahead to the next month and was given whatever was in the well, but it stayed that way no matter what you did. Even when they programmed the new alter ego in, the well didn't reset, so they didn't get the alter ego for that month. Ever since, then, it has been considered risky to jump ahead to the next month. But some have braved it and told us about the new alter ego ahead of time.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#15 Posted: 22:47:28 27/02/2015
Quote: lamoracke
Lets not forget Fortune Funny Bone.

Forget him? Technically we haven't met him yet...
#16 Posted: 23:59:08 27/02/2015
While were at it, dont you feel like the a alter ego selection committee seems to be relying heavily upon just one subset of characters. I mean 5! Undead and they ALL have houses. The poor air element may have a 100%housing rate but that's not hard when it's just one .

This elemental profiling shows series bias and warrants some consternation
#17 Posted: 07:00:45 28/02/2015
Quote:
I mean 5! Undead and they ALL have houses.

Skulls and bones and haunted houses are more popular. Autumn Stumps Smash,s house is dead wood boring when compared to Skeletal Cynder,s .
---
#18 Posted: 21:31:46 28/02/2015
preferential elemental profiling!
Call the SL-CLU
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me