Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 11 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Yooka-Laylee
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#501 Posted: 20:22:54 11/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
ololol playtonic must feel embarrassed when they see that nuts & bolts currently has a higher metascore than yooka laylee olololol



In its defense, Nuts & Bolts is not a bad game, it's just that people expected it to be a Banjo Threeie and threw a fit when it wasn't.

I also like how people act like what I said about non-human bias doesn't have truth to it, as well as assuming critics are just going to blatantly say "it sucks because it doesn't star a human." ...I also found it funny that I was pretty much the only person who saw bad reviews coming.



[User Posted Image]

- - -
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#502 Posted: 20:39:25 11/04/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
I'll pick it up when it's on sale, i suppose.

Might not be *perfect*, but it looks fun. Plus, Aura24's in the credits!



:0
what's this
fill me in pls
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#503 Posted: 20:41:06 11/04/2017
Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: ZapNorris
I'll pick it up when it's on sale, i suppose.

Might not be *perfect*, but it looks fun. Plus, Aura24's in the credits!



:0
what's this
fill me in pls


She backed it and got her voice in the game
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#504 Posted: 20:44:55 11/04/2017
If you want to know, she voices the
Snowperson Witch.


She STILL does a better job than most of the main characters' VAs, seriously. What in the world went wrong with Dr. Quack and Yooka? Capital B isn't as egregious but he's still so boring and sounds like several generic NPCs from older games.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:47:03 11/04/2017 by Bifrost
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#505 Posted: 22:10:55 11/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: MugoUrth
I also like how people act like what I said about non-human bias doesn't have truth to it, as well as assuming critics are just going to blatantly say "it sucks because it doesn't star a human." ...I also found it funny that I was pretty much the only person who saw bad reviews coming.


There's absolutely no truth to it, though? We've even given you examples of games with non-human characters that've done well.

The closest thing you'd get to any of that is how some people prefer playing as humans because it's more relatable for them.
But most people really don't care as long as the game is good, which Yooka-Laylee is and isn't for some people.

It's time to take the tinfoil hat off and retire it, my friend, and accept that Yooka-Laylee isn't anything ground-breaking.


There is, though. There's still plenty of examples of really good games that get lower scores than they deserve that, guess what, star non-humans. Not to mention, games getting way higher scores than they deserve, even while being much worse than said anthro games, but they star humans. One of the biggest examples is Mario, a series of platformers with CONSISTENTLY the same problems: Slow, slippery controls, sucky bossfights, generic gameplay and powerups, etc. Yet every single time a game comes out, it's treated as the second coming of Christ. This will likely be how Mario Switch will be reviewed as well. Nostalgia plays a part in it, yet ultimately Mario wouldn't get reviews half as well if he were a pig or a lizard.

Not everyone relates to their own species, though. Why do you think I don't like playing as them? Because I DON'T relate to them, and no amount of "But Ur Hooman!" type comments won't change that.

If you're going to be an asshole as usual and use asinine terms like "tinfoil hat" then shut up, please.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:13:06 11/04/2017 by MugoUrth
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5101
#506 Posted: 22:20:17 11/04/2017
But species plays no part, only the gameplay itself. If Mario was a pig and Mario Oddesy came out, with Mario was a pig in said world, the game would still get these hypothetical amazing reviews.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5916
#507 Posted: 22:24:45 11/04/2017
Make me shut up, *****. I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me.

Mario does well because it's fun. It's not because he's human or anything of the sort, it's because people have a good time playing his games.
Just because you personally don't enjoy his games doesn't mean that other people don't. It has quite literally nothing to do with him being human.

And I never said that everyone finds human characters more relatable, that's why I said some people feel that way.

I don't personally care if a character is human or not. That's easily one of the most trivial things for me when I play a game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:26 11/04/2017 by Sesshomaru75
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8657
#508 Posted: 22:34:30 11/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
If you want to know, she voices the
Snowperson Witch.


She STILL does a better job than most of the main characters' VAs, seriously. What in the world went wrong with Dr. Quack and Yooka? Capital B isn't as egregious but he's still so boring and sounds like several generic NPCs from older games.


Only voice I liked was Trouzer's (sp?) cause it nails that, "shady salesman with a zoot suite and Wario-esque mustache" vibe. Then again, I'm one of the people who thought that Nuts & Bolts should have axed the voice grunting in favor of spoken dialogue way back when. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#509 Posted: 22:48:21 11/04/2017
Trowser iirc.

Nuts and Bolts ALMOST struck a balance. There's grunts, but not too much, and they don't drag themselves over every second of the dialogue. However I feel they actually cut back too much because at times you can't even tell LOG and some other guys are speaking if you're not looking at the text box.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#510 Posted: 23:07:56 11/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Make me shut up, *****. I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me.

Mario does well because it's fun. It's not because he's human or anything of the sort, it's because people have a good time playing his games.
Just because you personally don't enjoy his games doesn't mean that other people don't. It has quite literally nothing to do with him being human.

And I never said that everyone finds human characters more relatable, that's why I said some people feel that way.

I don't personally care if a character is human or not. That's easily one of the most trivial things for me when I play a game.



this
-
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3180
#511 Posted: 01:20:11 12/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: MugoUrth
I also like how people act like what I said about non-human bias doesn't have truth to it, as well as assuming critics are just going to blatantly say "it sucks because it doesn't star a human." ...I also found it funny that I was pretty much the only person who saw bad reviews coming.


There's absolutely no truth to it, though? We've even given you examples of games with non-human characters that've done well.

The closest thing you'd get to any of that is how some people prefer playing as humans because it's more relatable for them.
But most people really don't care as long as the game is good, which Yooka-Laylee is and isn't for some people.

It's time to take the tinfoil hat off and retire it, my friend, and accept that Yooka-Laylee isn't anything ground-breaking.


There is, though. There's still plenty of examples of really good games that get lower scores than they deserve that, guess what, star non-humans. Not to mention, games getting way higher scores than they deserve, even while being much worse than said anthro games, but they star humans. One of the biggest examples is Mario, a series of platformers with CONSISTENTLY the same problems: Slow, slippery controls, sucky bossfights, generic gameplay and powerups, etc. Yet every single time a game comes out, it's treated as the second coming of Christ. This will likely be how Mario Switch will be reviewed as well. Nostalgia plays a part in it, yet ultimately Mario wouldn't get reviews half as well if he were a pig or a lizard.

Not everyone relates to their own species, though. Why do you think I don't like playing as them? Because I DON'T relate to them, and no amount of "But Ur Hooman!" type comments won't change that.

If you're going to be an asshole as usual and use asinine terms like "tinfoil hat" then shut up, please.


I think not. Most people like the Mario games because they're considered quality games, not because he's a human. Most people disagree with some of your points.

Slippery controls... Maybe in the first few 2D games and 64, but definitely not. Super Mario Sunshine if frequently regarded as one of the best controls to ever exist in a 3D platform. And it keeps pretty much like that in all games after.

Sucky bosses... The only complaint I see is that most games reuse some bosses over and over again, and I genuinely agree it's a bad thing, but I think they're just repeated too much, not bad by itself.

Well, about generic gameplay and power-ups... Well, you should expect him to follow a lot of gaming tropes since he created most of them in the first place. And it's not like the franchise never changes or reinvents itself. Maybe the New series, but that's about it.
---
Funny Spooky
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4495
#512 Posted: 04:23:14 12/04/2017
[User Posted Image]
-----
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#513 Posted: 06:06:31 12/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: MugoUrth
I also like how people act like what I said about non-human bias doesn't have truth to it, as well as assuming critics are just going to blatantly say "it sucks because it doesn't star a human." ...I also found it funny that I was pretty much the only person who saw bad reviews coming.


There's absolutely no truth to it, though? We've even given you examples of games with non-human characters that've done well.

The closest thing you'd get to any of that is how some people prefer playing as humans because it's more relatable for them.
But most people really don't care as long as the game is good, which Yooka-Laylee is and isn't for some people.

It's time to take the tinfoil hat off and retire it, my friend, and accept that Yooka-Laylee isn't anything ground-breaking.


There is, though. There's still plenty of examples of really good games that get lower scores than they deserve that, guess what, star non-humans. Not to mention, games getting way higher scores than they deserve, even while being much worse than said anthro games, but they star humans. One of the biggest examples is Mario, a series of platformers with CONSISTENTLY the same problems: Slow, slippery controls, sucky bossfights, generic gameplay and powerups, etc. Yet every single time a game comes out, it's treated as the second coming of Christ. This will likely be how Mario Switch will be reviewed as well. Nostalgia plays a part in it, yet ultimately Mario wouldn't get reviews half as well if he were a pig or a lizard.

Not everyone relates to their own species, though. Why do you think I don't like playing as them? Because I DON'T relate to them, and no amount of "But Ur Hooman!" type comments won't change that.

If you're going to be an asshole as usual and use asinine terms like "tinfoil hat" then shut up, please.


consider this: sonic the hedgehog has some very high scoring games and is obviously not a human
there is no nonhuman bias, think before you speak jfc
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#514 Posted: 06:14:42 12/04/2017
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Sesshomaru75


There's absolutely no truth to it, though? We've even given you examples of games with non-human characters that've done well.

The closest thing you'd get to any of that is how some people prefer playing as humans because it's more relatable for them.
But most people really don't care as long as the game is good, which Yooka-Laylee is and isn't for some people.

It's time to take the tinfoil hat off and retire it, my friend, and accept that Yooka-Laylee isn't anything ground-breaking.


There is, though. There's still plenty of examples of really good games that get lower scores than they deserve that, guess what, star non-humans. Not to mention, games getting way higher scores than they deserve, even while being much worse than said anthro games, but they star humans. One of the biggest examples is Mario, a series of platformers with CONSISTENTLY the same problems: Slow, slippery controls, sucky bossfights, generic gameplay and powerups, etc. Yet every single time a game comes out, it's treated as the second coming of Christ. This will likely be how Mario Switch will be reviewed as well. Nostalgia plays a part in it, yet ultimately Mario wouldn't get reviews half as well if he were a pig or a lizard.

Not everyone relates to their own species, though. Why do you think I don't like playing as them? Because I DON'T relate to them, and no amount of "But Ur Hooman!" type comments won't change that.

If you're going to be an asshole as usual and use asinine terms like "tinfoil hat" then shut up, please.


consider this: sonic the hedgehog has some very high scoring games and is obviously not a human
there is no nonhuman bias, think before you speak jfc


ratchet and clank
world of warcraft
skylanders
crash bandicoot
sonic
jak and daxter
kirby
star fox
pokemon, especially mystery dungeon
donkey kong
spyro
conker
star fox
banjo kazooie
super smash brothers

dont be stupid mugo
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#515 Posted: 06:22:34 12/04/2017
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: MugoUrth


There is, though. There's still plenty of examples of really good games that get lower scores than they deserve that, guess what, star non-humans. Not to mention, games getting way higher scores than they deserve, even while being much worse than said anthro games, but they star humans. One of the biggest examples is Mario, a series of platformers with CONSISTENTLY the same problems: Slow, slippery controls, sucky bossfights, generic gameplay and powerups, etc. Yet every single time a game comes out, it's treated as the second coming of Christ. This will likely be how Mario Switch will be reviewed as well. Nostalgia plays a part in it, yet ultimately Mario wouldn't get reviews half as well if he were a pig or a lizard.

Not everyone relates to their own species, though. Why do you think I don't like playing as them? Because I DON'T relate to them, and no amount of "But Ur Hooman!" type comments won't change that.

If you're going to be an asshole as usual and use asinine terms like "tinfoil hat" then shut up, please.


consider this: sonic the hedgehog has some very high scoring games and is obviously not a human
there is no nonhuman bias, think before you speak jfc


ratchet and clank
world of warcraft
skylanders
crash bandicoot
sonic
jak and daxter
kirby
star fox
pokemon, especially mystery dungeon
donkey kong
spyro
conker
star fox
banjo kazooie
super smash brothers

dont be stupid mugo


yoshi
little big planet
the last guardian
parappa the rapper
conker
sly cooper
oddworld
earthworm jim

there is no bias, the only bias here is mugo's lmao
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#516 Posted: 22:59:58 12/04/2017
This game actually looks pretty good, I've watched someone play through the first world.\

Although I must say, Yooka's voice is annoying
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 6605
#517 Posted: 15:26:07 13/04/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
This game actually looks pretty good, I've watched someone play through the first world.\

Although I must say, Yooka's voice is annoying



Yeah, I agree. I've been watching Tealgamemaster play it on UTube and it sounds like Yooka has something stuck down his throat all the time lol

But the game itself kind of reminds me of Croc 2 a little bit.
Blackholes_Wolf Diamond Sparx Gems: 8906
#518 Posted: 15:42:56 13/04/2017
nuts n bolts >>>>>>>>>> yooka laylee

you know it's true
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#519 Posted: 18:28:05 13/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Make me shut up, *****. I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me.


Quote: Seiki
[User Posted Image]
-----



Quote: Lunarz
dont be stupid mugo


I tried, I really tried not posting, but... nope. Sorry, but I have to.

First off, if you're going to use asinine terms in order to insult my intelligence when you are the one being unintelligent, then I have every right to tell you to shut up. Second, anyone who uses gif images of people eating popcorn to badger an argument needs a punch in the face. Third, I can pick most of those games apart.

Quote:
crash bandicoot
sonic
jak and daxter
star fox
conker
banjo kazooie
little big planet
the last guardian
sly cooper
oddworld
earthworm jim


When was the last time any of these games produced a game that got good reviews? Most of these had high-reviewing games when species bias wasn't a thing. Now, however, most of these either aren't making games or are making games that get very low scores.

Quote:
world of warcraft
skylanders
super smash brothers


There's less of a knock if you aren't FORCED to use non-humans. It still often effects the score, just not as much.


Quote:
kirby
pokemon, especially mystery dungeon
donkey kong
super smash brothers
yoshi


Nintendo Franchises are seen as childish, so they often get a pass since they're treated as kids games, same with Skylanders. Anything related to Mario gets an extra chance at a pass.

Quote:
the last guardian


The main character is still human, though. And I could be wrong, but these kind of stories, like the one in that game, almost always end with the monster dying in the end. Though all in all, this one hardly counts since, again, the main character is human.

The only one on that list I can sort of see an exception to is Ratchet and Clank, which doesn't involve humans at all and continues to sell high reviewing games, even one that technically was a movie tie-in. Other then that, not many games can find away around the bias. Please understand that there ACTUALLY might be truth to what I'm saying, or at the very least stop treating me like an idiot for pointing out the bias.
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5101
#520 Posted: 18:33:29 13/04/2017
So, if all the games featuring animal characters as the protagonists had humans instead, the games are exactly the same kind, just with humans, the games would have gotten better scores?
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#521 Posted: 18:59:32 13/04/2017
Man, I can't see living a life believing a conspiracy on video game characters as the basis of every review out there. There are enough huge confirmed issues, like corruption in gaming journalism, bad publisher practices in any game that they aren't sure will sell big bucks, and generally poor conditions and abusive deadlines on dev teams, as is to keep putting all your chips on a huge bias that you show in every single post you make.

Nobody benefits in a world where "unoriginal" humans are the only good main characters, no one doesn't benefit if there's a cute animal instead. In fact, no one cares if there's a guy or a chicken or whatever, as long as the character is memorable, well designed, well written and presented and is accompanied by good gameplay. That hasn't changed over the years, the fandom is just more full of people that want "realism"(read: my hobby is real serious, guys!) and convince themselves that animals are for kids. They aren't actively going out of their way to rate them worse simply because it's not a person.

edit: thanks forum I really needed all this broken code in my post
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:05:22 13/04/2017 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#522 Posted: 20:52:57 13/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote:
crash bandicoot
sonic
star fox
banjo kazooie
earthworm jim


When was the last time any of these games produced a game that got good reviews? Most of these had high-reviewing games when species bias wasn't a thing. Now, however, most of these either aren't making games or are making games that get very low scores.


Yeah, their more recent games did get low reviews.
And that's probably because their recent games sucked. Not because of "species bias".
If you replace the main cast in Sonic Boom with humans, the game would still be a broken pile of doggy doo and it would still get low reviews.

Quote: MugoUrth
Quote:
kirby
pokemon, especially mystery dungeon
donkey kong
super smash brothers
yoshi


Nintendo Franchises are seen as childish, so they often get a pass since they're treated as kids games, same with Skylanders. Anything related to Mario gets an extra chance at a pass.


Those games still get good reviews though, and a majority of those reviews coming from adults and professional reviewers, not kids. Plus, there's probably just as many adults who enjoy games like Pokemon just as much as kids would.

Mugo, if I can level with you, as an animal lover myself, I understand where you're coming from. But I think if anyone has a species bias, it's you. Seriously, it's like you're a spokesperson for PETA or something.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#523 Posted: 20:56:30 13/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Make me shut up, *****. I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me.


Quote: Seiki
[User Posted Image]
-----



Quote: Lunarz
dont be stupid mugo


I tried, I really tried not posting, but... nope. Sorry, but I have to.

First off, if you're going to use asinine terms in order to insult my intelligence when you are the one being unintelligent, then I have every right to tell you to shut up. Second, anyone who uses gif images of people eating popcorn to badger an argument needs a punch in the face. Third, I can pick most of those games apart.

Quote:
crash bandicoot
sonic
jak and daxter
star fox
conker
banjo kazooie
little big planet
the last guardian
sly cooper
oddworld
earthworm jim


When was the last time any of these games produced a game that got good reviews? Most of these had high-reviewing games when species bias wasn't a thing. Now, however, most of these either aren't making games or are making games that get very low scores.

Quote:
world of warcraft
skylanders
super smash brothers


There's less of a knock if you aren't FORCED to use non-humans. It still often effects the score, just not as much.


Quote:
kirby
pokemon, especially mystery dungeon
donkey kong
super smash brothers
yoshi


Nintendo Franchises are seen as childish, so they often get a pass since they're treated as kids games, same with Skylanders. Anything related to Mario gets an extra chance at a pass.

Quote:
the last guardian


The main character is still human, though. And I could be wrong, but these kind of stories, like the one in that game, almost always end with the monster dying in the end. Though all in all, this one hardly counts since, again, the main character is human.

The only one on that list I can sort of see an exception to is Ratchet and Clank, which doesn't involve humans at all and continues to sell high reviewing games, even one that technically was a movie tie-in. Other then that, not many games can find away around the bias. Please understand that there ACTUALLY might be truth to what I'm saying, or at the very least stop treating me like an idiot for pointing out the bias.


[User Posted Image]
________________
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3720
#524 Posted: 21:06:34 13/04/2017
Saying people should be punched for posting gifs really makes you sound sane and logical mugo.

/s
---
Dead
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#525 Posted: 23:01:55 13/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Make me shut up, *****. I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me.


Quote: Seiki
[User Posted Image]
-----



Quote: Lunarz
dont be stupid mugo


I tried, I really tried not posting, but... nope. Sorry, but I have to.

First off, if you're going to use asinine terms in order to insult my intelligence when you are the one being unintelligent, then I have every right to tell you to shut up. Second, anyone who uses gif images of people eating popcorn to badger an argument needs a punch in the face. Third, I can pick most of those games apart.


mugo youre so silly <3 please dont try to use eloquence with me, I know how rhetoric works, being all fancy with your wording doesn't equal intelligence. it's abundantly clear you're the one with the species bias. I guarantee I'm a bigger animal lover than you, I also love games where you play as animals, however the difference between me and you is I'm not a ****ing lunatic

And I implied you were stupid, I never said it outright
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:45 13/04/2017 by Lunarz
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5101
#526 Posted: 23:10:02 13/04/2017
Pick some of the games apart for me, Mugo, gameplay
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#527 Posted: 23:11:52 13/04/2017
So on topic has anyone played the Yook of Laylee? It's a ****post game true and true but I find it funny some LPer got codes for the real deal for streaming/recording it.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3180
#528 Posted: 23:25:39 13/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
So on topic has anyone played the Yook of Laylee? It's a ****post game true and true but I find it funny some LPer got codes for the real deal for streaming/recording it.


What the suck is that
---
Funny Spooky
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#529 Posted: 23:29:30 13/04/2017


Something amazing.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#530 Posted: 23:34:45 13/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost


Something amazing.


Damn it Bifrost, smilie beat me to it. But I guess it's fair, I beat you to the last video upload. smilie I'm surprised Vinny got his hands on it from Team17
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#531 Posted: 23:41:06 13/04/2017
Someone else entirely made it, I forgot who, but they made other joke games in the past. But I guess they liked the joke so much they started rewarding LPers who got in the fun.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#532 Posted: 01:00:56 14/04/2017
lol why do people still respond to MugoUrth
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#533 Posted: 07:10:13 14/04/2017




=====

dunkey did it better, but I think he may be somewhat unfair to it. At least there's more to do in Yooka-Laylee,
and without nearly as much as those long task cutscenes
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#534 Posted: 20:38:52 17/04/2017
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Make me shut up, *****. I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me.


Quote: Seiki
[User Posted Image]
-----



Quote: Lunarz
dont be stupid mugo


I tried, I really tried not posting, but... nope. Sorry, but I have to.

First off, if you're going to use asinine terms in order to insult my intelligence when you are the one being unintelligent, then I have every right to tell you to shut up. Second, anyone who uses gif images of people eating popcorn to badger an argument needs a punch in the face. Third, I can pick most of those games apart.


mugo youre so silly <3 please dont try to use eloquence with me, I know how rhetoric works, being all fancy with your wording doesn't equal intelligence. it's abundantly clear you're the one with the species bias. I guarantee I'm a bigger animal lover than you, I also love games where you play as animals, however the difference between me and you is I'm not a ****ing lunatic

And I implied you were stupid, I never said it outright


But I'm not stupid OR insane, and species bias is absolutely, one-hundred percent a thing. You really have THAT MUCH of a hard time believing that a species that's become incredibly narcissistic and who's idea of "saving the environment" has become to kill every non-human species out there actually, you know, might be biased against games that don't solely star the species they're narcissistic to? And as for telling the person who posted Joker eating popcorn that he should be punched, those kind of gifs are EXTREMELY insulting, as it basically translates to "I'm enjoying your misery. Please be miserable for me." So, yeah, I had a right to say that. Also, I love how you talk about me using elaborate terms, and then spam them yourself. Yes, I know that's the joke, but it wasn't funny.


In all seriousness, the game is not bad. Yeah, the camera can get wonky at times, but there's only really a few times where I found it a problem. As for the gibberish, it's slightly annoying, but not too bad IMO. Also, I at least found the bossfights more satisfying than anything I've fought in a Mario game (as if that's an accomplishment, honestly, because most games have better bossfights than Mario). No, it's not perfect, but I still think the reviews are mostly downgrading the game because the main stars aren't human.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:54 17/04/2017 by MugoUrth
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#535 Posted: 21:26:26 17/04/2017
The more you try to justify yourself the crazier you sound. I'm not trying to insult or anything, I'll just say straight what I think.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#536 Posted: 23:39:28 17/04/2017
Can we not have any further arguments, but instead admire how the creator of this topic got their voice in the game?

Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#537 Posted: 23:47:56 17/04/2017
At this point most of the backer voices are better than a LOT of dev team voices, it's kind of disheartening.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#538 Posted: 02:32:36 18/04/2017
Who knew that character fits her...

She always gets the good stuff.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3269
#539 Posted: 02:40:45 18/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: MugoUrth



I tried, I really tried not posting, but... nope. Sorry, but I have to.

First off, if you're going to use asinine terms in order to insult my intelligence when you are the one being unintelligent, then I have every right to tell you to shut up. Second, anyone who uses gif images of people eating popcorn to badger an argument needs a punch in the face. Third, I can pick most of those games apart.


mugo youre so silly <3 please dont try to use eloquence with me, I know how rhetoric works, being all fancy with your wording doesn't equal intelligence. it's abundantly clear you're the one with the species bias. I guarantee I'm a bigger animal lover than you, I also love games where you play as animals, however the difference between me and you is I'm not a ****ing lunatic

And I implied you were stupid, I never said it outright


But I'm not stupid OR insane, and species bias is absolutely, one-hundred percent a thing. You really have THAT MUCH of a hard time believing that a species that's become incredibly narcissistic and who's idea of "saving the environment" has become to kill every non-human species out there actually, you know, might be biased against games that don't solely star the species they're narcissistic to? And as for telling the person who posted Joker eating popcorn that he should be punched, those kind of gifs are EXTREMELY insulting, as it basically translates to "I'm enjoying your misery. Please be miserable for me." So, yeah, I had a right to say that. Also, I love how you talk about me using elaborate terms, and then spam them yourself. Yes, I know that's the joke, but it wasn't funny.


In all seriousness, the game is not bad. Yeah, the camera can get wonky at times, but there's only really a few times where I found it a problem. As for the gibberish, it's slightly annoying, but not too bad IMO. Also, I at least found the bossfights more satisfying than anything I've fought in a Mario game (as if that's an accomplishment, honestly, because most games have better bossfights than Mario). No, it's not perfect, but I still think the reviews are mostly downgrading the game because the main stars aren't human.


[User Posted Image]
-----
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8657
#540 Posted: 02:51:35 18/04/2017
Quote: Bryman04
Can we not have any further arguments, but instead admire how the creator of this topic got their voice in the game?



Wait a tic... a witch with a long crooked nose, checkered scarf, and it speaks entirely in rhyme?

HOLY **** AURA GOT TO VOICE GRUNTY WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!

(yes i know it's not real grunty shut up)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#541 Posted: 03:29:49 18/04/2017
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: MugoUrth



I tried, I really tried not posting, but... nope. Sorry, but I have to.

First off, if you're going to use asinine terms in order to insult my intelligence when you are the one being unintelligent, then I have every right to tell you to shut up. Second, anyone who uses gif images of people eating popcorn to badger an argument needs a punch in the face. Third, I can pick most of those games apart.


mugo youre so silly <3 please dont try to use eloquence with me, I know how rhetoric works, being all fancy with your wording doesn't equal intelligence. it's abundantly clear you're the one with the species bias. I guarantee I'm a bigger animal lover than you, I also love games where you play as animals, however the difference between me and you is I'm not a ****ing lunatic

And I implied you were stupid, I never said it outright


But I'm not stupid OR insane, and species bias is absolutely, one-hundred percent a thing. You really have THAT MUCH of a hard time believing that a species that's become incredibly narcissistic and who's idea of "saving the environment" has become to kill every non-human species out there actually, you know, might be biased against games that don't solely star the species they're narcissistic to? And as for telling the person who posted Joker eating popcorn that he should be punched, those kind of gifs are EXTREMELY insulting, as it basically translates to "I'm enjoying your misery. Please be miserable for me." So, yeah, I had a right to say that. Also, I love how you talk about me using elaborate terms, and then spam them yourself. Yes, I know that's the joke, but it wasn't funny.


In all seriousness, the game is not bad. Yeah, the camera can get wonky at times, but there's only really a few times where I found it a problem. As for the gibberish, it's slightly annoying, but not too bad IMO. Also, I at least found the bossfights more satisfying than anything I've fought in a Mario game (as if that's an accomplishment, honestly, because most games have better bossfights than Mario). No, it's not perfect, but I still think the reviews are mostly downgrading the game because the main stars aren't human.


silly mugo, pretending species bias is a thing
what are we gonna do with you ya little rascal?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#542 Posted: 16:28:47 18/04/2017
All right, changing the topic from Mugo's Pro-PETA speeches, there's something I want to bring up. Now, I haven't played Yooka-Laylee yet, but someone brought up the mediocre review scores and said "Just play Snake Pass instead"... Well, I have to disagree with that individual. Because I've played Snake Pass and haven't even gotten that far into it (which is bad considering it's a pretty short game from what I've heard) because the controls are just too frustrating for me. I'd much rather play Yooka, even if it runs like garbage on the Switch (Or I could just opt for the PC version, maybe).
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#543 Posted: 17:46:20 18/04/2017
Switch version seems to be fine, the issues are on PS4 and Xbox One it appears. However, you're trading bad controls for bad camera if that's the case.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6292
#544 Posted: 18:36:35 18/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Switch version seems to be fine, the issues are on PS4 and Xbox One it appears. However, you're trading bad controls for bad camera if that's the case.



We don't know what the Switch version is like.

It doesn't even have a release date yet.
---
"Here I come, ready or Gormotti!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#545 Posted: 18:50:18 18/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Switch version seems to be fine, the issues are on PS4 and Xbox One it appears. However, you're trading bad controls for bad camera if that's the case.


Are you speaking for Yooka-Laylee or Snake Pass?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#546 Posted: 18:52:05 18/04/2017
Oh, I swore the reviews had Switch specs as well, my mistake.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3188
#547 Posted: 18:53:04 18/04/2017
I'v been playing the Xbox One version and I have yet to notice any performance issues at all. It definitely performs way better than Breath of the Wild (which was the first game I've played in past few gens where I was able to notice the performance issues fairly regularly), and that game's performance didn't seem to ruin the experience for most people.

Yooka-Laylee plays like an N64 game, and it has the same strengths and weaknesses of an N64 game. If you aren't someone who has been yearning to revisit that era of gaming then many aspects of the game could easily end up frustrating you. It's really a game made for a very specific set of people who want to play that sort of game again.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#548 Posted: 19:08:52 18/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Switch version seems to be fine, the issues are on PS4 and Xbox One it appears. However, you're trading bad controls for bad camera if that's the case.



Snake Pass has a **** camera too lol
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4693
#549 Posted: 21:55:48 20/04/2017
Absolutely LOVED this game (100% it today).
It definitely isn't perfect, but I couldn't care less: it was exactly what I wanted it to be.
A good, old-school platform adventure full of collectibles, puzzles, challenges and boss battles; actually, that's probably not even true, since I was expecting a lot but would have never expected that much.

That being said, I have a question (will put it as a spoiler just in case).
The first time I visited the Moodymaze Marsh tome, I had the feeling the soundtrack had something familiar.
I kept on playing, and that strange feeling only kept getting stronger and stronger until I finally realized: it sounded like a remade version of Day of the Tentacle's main theme!

I don't think it would be that much of a stretch, considering the fact the entire game is riddled with nods to old titles, and also that the boss of the level is, coincidentally, a purple eyed tentacle (actually more than one, but you got the point).
Am I the only one thinking this?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8657
#550 Posted: 22:10:12 20/04/2017
@Drek: There's an interview with the composers and there's no mention of taking any inspiration from that game. It's likely A) a coincidence or B) your mind playing tricks on you. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
First | Previous | Page 11 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me