Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Spyro: Kingdom of Magic (NEW SCENE! ACT 2, SCENE 2!)
Page 1 of 1
Spyro: Kingdom of Magic (NEW SCENE! ACT 2, SCENE 2!) [CLOSED]
Windbringer Ripto Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 16:57:25 27/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Act 1

Characters involved:
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
(Ignore the pudding, please.)

Scene: Somewhere along a high mountain of meadowy greens, with some white, glowing pedals high up in the aging trees. There's a mountain creek that trickles like it is running out of water, as the dew begins to lower its temperature with each passing day. To the east, where there the stream starts, there is a large, gothic temple, with a statue of a humble colossal winged being that intensifies an already mystifying sight of the larger, steeper climb to the mountain's peak. To the west, where the stream continues, there is a small village of birch cabins, where livestock roam around the small squares of the seemingly lonesome settlement.

But it was not lonesome. A live winged creature, blue as the sky, but bumpy as a rock, heaved to lift planks up to the broken patches of his cavern. He stood on two legs, and his face and pair of horns will tell one to be wise about one's own words and actions. He wears nothing but golden bracelets and two amulets. One amulet is a golden plate with a red ruby, the other is a stone amulet with two heads: a red one shining in a dawning sky, and a blue one lurking in a black darkness.

A golden creature of a similar size and wisdom slowly came to his side. His plated staff would have told a youngling to have caution with beings his size and age, but his beard means no harm. He is rather one to tell stories - typical stories of how one would become an Elder, but stories nonetheless. But, being a dragon, he is still fit to do some kind of handiwork. He walked as close as he could to the blue dragon, and opened his wide mouth.

Golden Dragon (looking to the cloudy sky): There's a storm comin'. Might be best ter get it done for the day.

Blue Dragon: It's not even past noon yet, Titan, and I want to get this over with before we start teaching the kids some kata.

Titan (Golden Dragon): Ah, yes, the little ones. I remember, when I was a lass...

Blue Dragon: Yeah, you've told me this a dozen times. Could you do me a favor and hold this?
(Titan holds a long plank in between his staff and his arms, as the Blue Dragon grabs a nail and a hammer from a toolbox, and then climbs on a ladder.)
Thank you.

Titan: May I ask why the b'libbins you ought not to use magic at a time like this?

Blue Dragon (assembling the wall with another plank): I'd rather keep my magic for the kids.

Titan: An' wear out yer muscles before the start of ther classes? Tomas, I know you'd rather do somepins yourself, but you can' even cast a single spell if you tires yourself.

Tomas (Blue Dragon): I drank some Elctar before I started. It should last me all day.

._Titan looks at Tomas's amulets, but dismisses the almost meaningless pendants and looks to the sky again. More clouds march to cover the sky. They look stygian, almost abnormal.

._Tomas takes the plank back from Titan and starts working from the inside.

Titan (talking through gap in wall): Didn't you give one of d'em special gifts to the purple one?

Tomas: Spyro? I gave him the gift of the ancestors, but that's about it.

Titan: And which ancestors might those be, wise feller?

Tomas: Well, it's been so long that I pretty much forgot by now.

Titan: Well there must be SOMETHING in him that's so special.

Tomas: Purple dragons are the most gifted of our kind. He's going to have those special elements no matter what.

Titan: I best be thinkin' they're overpowered.

Tomas: That's why we're also teaching these kids not to abuse their powers, including Spyro himself.

Titan: Forgive me for sayin' this Tomas, but I think he's not the student fit for our teachings...

Tomas (descending from ladder): What?

Titan: I just recon that he's actually the type to abuse his own powers.

._The clouds have now completely covered the sky. They pause to listen to a soft boom from the highs above.

Tomas (after a short sigh): Look - Spyro's one of the fastest learners, and he's learned a few things that Astor and Magnus can never teach, but he's also one the most conscious students. If there's ever going to be a time that he abuses his powers, he's probably going to destroy himself. That's why we teach these kids not to do that. We try to point them in the right direction.

Titan: But don't you know that he can turn the tides of balances an' possibly burden the entire world?

Tomas: I think you're just worrying too --

._A streak of light pounds the soil beneath them, and sends Titan on an unintentional flight, while Tomas is knocked against the back wall and is almost crushed as every beam of wood immediately falls by the shock. The nails have barely missed his face, but heavy needles of the sky now pour into the rubble. Trying to escape these clutches, he fails to breathe fire and only lets out a puff of mist, but there is still a viable gap in the beams.

._He looks through and sees purple fires burning the now once-bright-now-black village, as strange, ugly beings - uglier than even the most rotten of corpses - raid every hospitable building in the village. He is completely shocked; what caused this to happen? Had someone else caused the spell? Who would cause such a thing? Who would place screaming terror in a small village such as this?

._The better question is, who is the figure in the smoke? Had he caused this? Had he also summoned the creatures?

._Now was not the time to find out. A turtle-like creature with a spiral ridge was directly on top of Tomas, hungering for blood. As soon as it spotted him, Tomas hastily activated the stone amulet and vanished.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:35:54 02/02/2015 by Windbringer
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#2 Posted: 12:00:51 28/01/2015
Hey cool, a Spyro fanfiction! I like it so far- the tone is full of awe and wisdom.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#3 Posted: 19:41:15 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Act 2, Scene 1

Characters involved:
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]<----This beach shirt dragon is a minor character.

Scene: Two-level cabin on a beach. Exterior environment unimportant in this scene, but interior environment has some unexpected luxury for a reed cabin. It has several pots of crimson earthenware, and while the hurlew straw pots make the earthenware pots seem less than rich, both types are filed with shining gems. The pots are littered all over, from the dented straw pot in the corners of the bookshelves' rows, to the solid vases that add to the whirly potted plants placed above. All of this adds to what would otherwise be a conventional beach inn, full of baboon wooden bookshelves, woolen rugs, and - surprisingly - kitchen appliances.

In the upper level, a violet lizard, with graceful red wings latched onto golden marginal covets, brown horns thousands of times stronger than the reliable fibers of a wooden chair, a tail spike sharper than those of a hundred bee thorns, and a rowdy crest that signifies the hawking abilities that the lower-species would never want to question, was sleeping on a mattress that is as good as it looks as would be for one to press his paw on such. He never had a more comfortable sleep than this - there was nothing like it.

His trusty dragonfly was slumbering on a cotton bed just near. The yellow dragonfly shines almost as bright as the sun, just as the sun was getting its early kicks. His antennae would further stem his glimmering light, which can sometimes be brighter than those of the potted gems.

But then it became so bright, that the rest had to come to an end. In another room, a pair of mammals started the day with a disturbing wake up call.

Voice: Hunter, you up?

Hunter (grunts): Yeah, I'm up. What's up?

Voice: We gotta go. Ship's coming today, remember?

Hunter: It was today?

Voice: Yeah, cat. It's today. Been leaving the damn notes on the door saying, "coming back Friday," but of course you gotta go ignore that crap and go make out with Bianca by the -

Hunter: Oh wait, Bianca? (checks their own room) Oh, crap! I knew I should have given the key to Spyro!

Voice: I'm tellin' you, I don't know what's been going on with that chick. She bambles on how she thinks this summer will be the last we get to spend with him, and yet she gets herself into these dangers like she don't care about nothin'!

Hunter: Blink, I don't think...

Blink: Yeah, I DO think that she keeps going into these dangers! Last time she tried stopping Ripto, she had to wait until Spyro rescued her for a tenth time in a row, and you think that she's gonna be done with putting herself into danger when she flies in that rainbow to every corner of the freakin' world?

Hunter: That's why we got Spyro. If there's anyone who can help Bianca, it's him.

._Blink pauses to recollect with a sigh.

Blink: Alright. Let's wake that puppy up.

._Out comes a spotted cheetah with a piercing arrow-set and an brown mole with tools of the daring miner (the slightly explosive kind), each woken up with their own shares of bitterment. They are just fine on most days, but when their other is nowhere to found in the morning, how else can one be upset? They approach the dragon's door and knock.

Hunter: Hey, Spyro. It's --

Spyro: Time to find Bianca again, I know. These walls aren't soundproof, you know.

Dragonfly: You think she finally got eaten by a wolf?

Spyro (distastefully): Sparx....

Blink: She better be. I'm sick and tired of her just ditchin' us like we're not even a part of her life! I mean, what the juice is that?

Spyro: Yeah, I feel ya.

Hunter: So, you're gonna come out?

Spyro: I gotta find the key again.

Blink: Yo, puppy! What's the deal with you and locking your own door on your guys?

Spyro: I dunno, why don't you try coming into a pissed dragon's room so he can flame you?

Hunter: Just get the key, Spyro. We'll be waiting by the docks.

Spyro: 'Kay.

._He slowly got up to a low-standing stance, then he leapt from the bed. He should have been able to retrieve his key and get on his way, but instead, he forgot where he had placed his key that morning. He had two dressers in the room, but even though it would be no use of him for clothes, he would have used it for the key. He could have put it on top of the dressers, or even in one of its drawers, for safe-keeping. It wasn't anywhere to be found.

Sparx: Didn't you put it in that chest up here. (Sparx flew to an iron chest on top of the back wall).

Spyro: Pft. Right.

._Spyro leapt three more times: up a dresser, up a cupboard, and then on top of the back wall, like steps. He tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge.

Spyro: Wow, these things get harder to open every day!

Sparx: Too bad you can't hold crowbars yet.

Spyro (pouncing, smirking): Thank god it's breakable.

._Spyro rammed through the chest; it broke like glass, and out fell several gems and a bronze key.

Sparx: You're gonna take the gems, too?

Spyro: Sure, why not? It's not like Moneybags won't be asking to pay a small fee.

._He grabs the loot, unlocks the room door, and rushes down the staircase as quickly as possible. There wasn't a time to waste; the ship can arrive and leave any minute.

._However, there are some who just long to waste a bit of Spyro's time. In the kitchen area, another adult, two-legged dragon, with a blue beach shirt coating his amber skin, was fiddling with a stove.

Dragon: Spyro, could you come here for a minute?

(Spyro goes)

Spyro: Stove not working again?

Dragon: Yeah, I tried asking everyone in town how to fix this thing, even Blink, but I can never get the spark plug to work.

Sparx: Why can't you just get another stove?

Dragon: Look, I'd love to get a replacement right now, but it takes time to install those things. Besides, I'd rather save my fire for the flambé dishes tonight, so could you just --

Spyro: Artigan, sooner or later you're gonna have to do something about this thing. You know it's been like this for over a year now, and if you really can't fix it, you should really go buy a new one.

Artigan: Well, you know how many gems it costs to get of those things? I think I saw a mother give up her egg for one!

Spyro: .....Right.......okay, excuse me, please.

._Artigan steps aside to allow Spyro to start the oven with his own fire. It works instantly, and the heat can already be felt from a yard away.

Artigan: Yep, that'll do. Hey, could you stop by Laird's place for a bit? He still owes me ten gems for losing the fire battle yesterday.

Spyro (leaving): Okay, and Artigan?

Artigan: Yeah?

Spyro: Don't go overboard with the flambé this time.

Artigan: Got it!
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#4 Posted: 20:28:12 30/01/2015
This is awesome! Can't wait for the next chapter!
---
ded
#5 Posted: 13:55:48 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Act 2, Scene 2

Characters Involved:
smilie Spyro
smilie Sparx
NEW CHARACTER:
[User Posted Image]

Scene: A beach. Let's just say that there's a bit of an odd path to get to the beach: one would have so hard of a time trying to go through the dense Palm tree forest that they would have to resort to the series of rocky pillars from up the mountain. Once arrived at the beach, however, it's a festival. Dragons, fairies, otters, and a horde of other animals were crowding the beach to its limit. Some were tanning their hides to their boiling points, some were swimming like the public pool has no room for them, and others were playing volleyball as if their competition is to the end of the world, all while steel drums bink a series of jazzy melodies. The young ones are even playfully building sandcastles, pomping every piece of sand into place.

Spyro exited the inn with the thick reed walls (in fact, they were giant). He, with his dragonfly companion, went throughout the beach to find the missing golden hare, but she was nowhere to be found. All he can find was the hordes of other dragons and mammals playing, while the fairies were watching for anything that's more out of the ordinary than anything you would see there. When he passed by the statue of an ancient aquatic serpent, he checked the market tents. They didn't even seem to have a golden rabbit with rosy velvet robes, either.

They decided to stop in an orange alchemist merchant's tent, so Spyro can see if he can find something that'll help him find Bianca more easily. He wasn't particularly impressed with the limited selection. Even though all items had labels for their purposes, the selection was littered with live butterflies in jars, intended to be ingredients for spells, potions, or other magical enchantments. However, to Sparx, it seems like a heaven's land. A rainbow of butterflies was in the room, with a plethora of Rainbow Monarchs and another ample of Roseberry Trileposes, and dozens of polka-dotted, stripe-faced, and zig-zagged butterflies that would make anyone think they fell into a dream.

Sparx (excitedly, looking at a rainbow-spectral butterfly labeled "Mega Butterfly"): Hey, can we buy this one? PLEASE?

Spyro: Sparx, I'm not going to have you turn into an overlord right now.

Sparx: Please? I'll only take a piece of it!

Spyro: We're here so we can look for a locator spell or something.

Sparx: Yeah, well so far, all we happen to see here is a bunch of magic butterflies that you won't even let me EAT, so I think it's more worth it if you at least think about your friend and let me take a nibble.

Spyro: You went on a rampage the last time you ate a Mega Butterfly, remember?

Sparx: Yeah, but you also got some extra muscle from me, I let you have some extra firepower -- the magic I get from eating a butterfly doesn't stay in me, you know...

Spyro: I just wanna find Bianca, okay? I don't wanna be the sucker who has to find a freakin' damsel in distress again, you know?

Sparx: Well, now that you said "find," I think we should start finding Laird. Don't we have to go to his place?

Spyro: Yeah, you know what? Let's go.

._The both of them start leaving when they accidentally run into a tall yellow-green dragon with a red beach shirt, who knocks Spyro into a roll.

Dragon: Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you'd come here.

Spyro (getting up): It's okay, Laird. I got worse done to me.

Sparx: Artigan wants those ten gem --

Laird: I know. I just gave them to him this morning.

Sparx: Right after we left?

Spyro: Pretty much. I guess we were gone for a while.

Laird: Yeah, here's the thing: when I gave Artigan the money, he realized that he forgot to give a magic red butterfly for Sparx, as a thanks.

._Laird reveals a jar containing a ruby butterfly that shines brighter than a dozen of them combined.

Spyro: Seriously? Why would he give this as a "thank --

Sparx: GIVEITTOME!

._Laird opened the lid of the jar, and as the butterfly tried rushing away, Sparx swooped in its path and instantly caught it into his mouth. Sparx had never felt more satisfied in quite some time.

Spyro: Yep, still the same ol' Sparx. (to Laird) Hey, have you seen a yellow rabbit with velvet robes?

Laird: I think that I've seen her by the cliffsides.

Sparx: Seriously? How does a rabbit climb a CLIFF?

Spyro: Rainbow teleporting. She can do that, remember?

Sparx: No, but I do remember that a certain ship's supposed to be in the docks by now.

Spyro: Oh, crap! (to Laird, sprinting) I gotta go, Laird! Thanks for the tip!

Laird (yelling in trail): I'm glad I can be of service!
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#6 Posted: 15:50:08 02/02/2015
This is a really awesome, creative idea. You're a good writer, love the description, too! :3
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me