Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Thoughts about Sparx's language...
Page 1 of 1
Thoughts about Sparx's language... [CLOSED]
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 23:01:49 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Note: This an in-universe question, not about development of the actual games.

Sparx: Bbzz zzzzzz bbzz (What course will you pick?).

I never understood why Sparx (and all Dragonflies in general) speak differently from everyone else, but the more I thought of it, it ended up sounding very racist.

What happened between Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail to have Sparx speak like everyone else?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 00:38:09 23/01/2015
Likely complaints about the obnoxious buzzing in EtD. Sure, it was in YotD, but only for short instances. Since Sparx became the designated tutorial giver in EtD as opposed to characters that could actually speak, it meant a solid chunk of the game's dialogue was his infernal buzzing. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#3 Posted: 01:34:00 23/01/2015
It helps that AHT is set in an alternate universe that is only connected to the Insomniac trilogy and EtD by virtue of having some of the same characters in it.

I was never bothered by Sparx's kazoo voice (and that's what it is; you can tell his voice actor is speaking the dialogue through a kazoo). It seemed pretty neat and made sense that, of course, the dragon who is bonded to that dragonfly can understand what he's saying while we, the audience, cannot. Because magic (which is valid in the case of these games since magic is stated frequently as a driving force in all of creation).
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#4 Posted: 11:15:25 23/01/2015
I preferred the way Sparx spoke in AHT, I didn't mind the odd "buzz" in the dialogue now and then, but when they constantly made him buzz all the time in the earlier ones, it just made his dialogue feel pointless, and it just made me skip through it most of the time.

But as for the Legend series, I would have rather had him go back to his buzzing, because the voice actors for him either didn't suit, or were just even more annoying than before.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:16:28 23/01/2015 by SuperSpyroFan
#5 Posted: 15:12:15 23/01/2015
The horrible dialogue didn't help. XD Actually, it probably would've been legitimately funny if LoSparx had been buzzing his lines instead of speaking them. XD
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#6 Posted: 15:58:57 23/01/2015
Why would you want to buzz David Spade and Billy West? How could you!.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:35 23/01/2015 by Jackson117
#7 Posted: 16:18:02 23/01/2015
I should think wanting to buzz obviously phoned-in, sometimes literally drunk David Spade would be obvious. Billy West is the only LoSparx voice I thought even tried, but still, the dialogue he was given was stilted and badly written overall. Not having to hear the words proper would only have improved the experience.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me