Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Custom trap display [CLOSED]
Zzyzyx Gold Sparx Gems: 2374
#1 Posted: 20:40:55 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Has anyone on here made a custom display/storage for their traps? I only plan on getting one of each element, so the boxes that are meant to hold all the traps are kind of overkill. Finally got a Kaos trap over the weekend so I consider my trap collection done and I'm ready to make something for holding them. I was planning on maybe carving holes into and painting a strip of Styrofoam.

Was trying to look around for ideas but can't really find anything, so I was wondering if anyone on here had made something they wanted to show off.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#2 Posted: 20:58:27 20/01/2015
I have some ideas, but not a lot of motivation. I wanted to make some sort of wall display
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#3 Posted: 23:27:57 20/01/2015
Drill holes into a thin piece of wood with a forstner bit slightly smaller than the collar of the trap. Put upholstery foam under the wood and cut a clean slit for each trap with a breakaway utility blade extended out. With the right size cuts, that should hold the traps nicely in any design.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#4 Posted: 02:08:35 21/01/2015
I plan on making a custom box for my traps once i can aford the peaces parts to build it. smilie
And Zzyzyx if your just getting one of each (11 traps) you can do as you stated or use 4inCreation idea...or a combo of both.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#5 Posted: 21:39:57 22/01/2015
[User Posted Image]

Holds 9 traps as the light/dark things was not well known back then, but I presume the person who sells these on EBay either makes 11 trap versions by now or could be asked to.

EBay sellers id is one_mad_fish

Tell them that chaosworrier_oz sent you and you will get a buy-one-get-another-for-full-price deal - grin! Jokes aside, I have no affiliation with this person, I merely bought some holders off them and they *do* ship o/seas, if requested.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#6 Posted: 22:13:52 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the suggestions. Chaosworrier, those are really nice. If I can't come up with something on my own I'll definitely have to look into those.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 22:40:43 22/01/2015
Quote: chaosworrier
[User Posted Image]

Holds 9 traps as the light/dark things was not well known back then, but I presume the person who sells these on EBay either makes 11 trap versions by now or could be asked to.

EBay sellers id is one_mad_fish

Tell them that chaosworrier_oz sent you and you will get a buy-one-get-another-for-full-price deal - grin! Jokes aside, I have no affiliation with this person, I merely bought some holders off them and they *do* ship o/seas, if requested.

I love these things. I have one. Takes up much less space than those cheap cardboard trap trays.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 23:21:24 22/01/2015
And GhostRoaster got a fantastic 0.00% discount for mentioning my name...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
turtle20000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1370
#9 Posted: 21:55:21 24/01/2015
Im looking for idea's as well. Especially with the special traps. Has anyone collected the topps cards? Each pack comes with a trap holder and someone has to have ideas to display them with the holders etc.
#10 Posted: 22:22:40 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Well after tossing around a few ideas, I went ahead and made a mini box for them. And by made, I mean picked out a pre-made wood box from the craft store and painted it.

[User Posted Image]
Mister Gone Red Sparx Gems: 21
#11 Posted: 23:35:58 02/02/2015
Not super customy but I decided the big Trap Box I got at TRU would look better lit from underneath. So a few white LEDs and some soldering later. GLOW!!

[User Posted Image]
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#12 Posted: 03:09:43 03/02/2015
Quote: Zzyzyx
Well after tossing around a few ideas, I went ahead and made a mini box for them. And by made, I mean picked out a pre-made wood box from the craft store and painted it.

[User Posted Image]

The two of us literally have all the same traps. You have the Kaos and the Dark trap but I plan to get those soon enough. I just found it kinda cool how we have literally the same traps
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#13 Posted: 05:38:31 03/02/2015
Quote: Mister Gone
Not super customy but I decided the big Trap Box I got at TRU would look better lit from underneath. So a few white LEDs and some soldering later. GLOW!!

[User Posted Image]

that looks awesome. I like how all the traps themselves glow.

but you guys got the same traps because im sure you just bought the 2 3 traps packages like i did, because i got all the same ones too.
#14 Posted: 06:18:43 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: isaac343018s
The two of us literally have all the same traps. You have the Kaos and the Dark trap but I plan to get those soon enough. I just found it kinda cool how we have literally the same traps

I think I just got all the first/easiest ones to find just to have each element smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me