Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Bargain Hunt Stores [CLOSED]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#1 Posted: 15:48:24 16/01/2015 | Topic Creator
You ever wonder what happens to the Skylanders that have their packages falling apart in the stores? I ended up finding them at a local Bargain Hunt store. They're new to my area. They opened one in a nearby town sometime last year, then opened one near me back in October. The point of the store is that they get items from other retailers that were returns, items that were clearanced out that didn't sale, and other such methods. The cool thing about it is that they will put a date on the price sticker. After a month, the price is 10% off the sticker price and goes down 10% a week after that. You really do have to search for a bargain, as my store is usually a jumbled mess and the original prices aren't necessarily that great. But every once in a while, I do find a bargain. Now, to my reason to bring it up here:

A while back I found a bunch of Giants and even Jade Fire Kraken's. I believe they may have even had some Nitro Freeze Blades (as I remember a Target exclusive they had). I went back in, yesterday, and saw that they had some more Skylanders. Most of them were missing the backs and were just taped up. Others looked like the backs had fallen off but were taped back on. They had a few triple packs (including the one with Blades, Torch, and Gill Grunt) for $15. Not really that great of a deal, and we already had the 3 figures, so I passed. They also had a couple of swappers for $6, and a Smolderdash for $3. We needed one of the swappers and Smolderdash, but I decided to pass, anyway, just to save money and focus on Trap Team. But lo and behold, I found a Bop/Terrabit mini pack for $3! I believe the store may have mispriced them, as it had a "Compare @" price of $5. I'm not really sure how they set their prices. Someone I know that works at the store in the other town said it's based on where they get it from. I've seen similar items have different prices (both for the "Compare" price and the price they're selling them), and that's how she explained it. So even if you're lucky to find one, I can't guarantee the price.

I know for most of you, this may not matter, but I looked up the store and found they were in TN, KY, one in Evansville, IN, and a few in Northern MS, AL, and GA. So if you live in those areas, you might want to check them out.

Their website is www.bargainhunt.com. Just click on "Retail" and "Locations" to find where they are located.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 16:04:17 16/01/2015
I once found a green wash buckler of 3 bucks at a swap meet. SCORE
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#3 Posted: 16:24:09 17/01/2015
Wow... Looks like I really need to check this place out
legoswimmer1211 Green Sparx Gems: 145
#4 Posted: 18:12:29 18/01/2015
We've got a place like this in Idaho called 'Tuesday Mornings', because they get all of their stock on, you guessed it, tuesday mornings. They usually just cut the prices down to about half of what they were retail, and have similar items. The only Skylanders oriented thing I've ever found there were a few skylanders megabloks... but I check in every so often in the hopes that they'll get something in that I may need. I think our retailers around here may just be oblivious to their existance, because we still have SSA figues in some locations that would be perfect to dump here. :-\
---
If someone ever made Skylanders into a MOBA, I'd be ok with that.
MabuMommy Blue Sparx Gems: 906
#5 Posted: 02:58:18 19/01/2015
Five Below sometimes has skylanders for $5. Stock varies, usually is giants or ssa. Never saw trap team. But if you are missing any of the older ones, or have a 6 yr old like mine who likes themALL, it's a good deal
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#6 Posted: 17:28:18 19/01/2015
Ross some times has them for 3$
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me