Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
darkSpyro Reviews It! [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#51 Posted: 21:52:43 23/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh hey, two reviews in two days, someone's been playin' too many videyer gamesss.

[User Posted Image]

Yeah that's right, you guys all remember THIS one. So the folks at Ubisoft one day were like; Hey guys, you know Rayman 4? Th-the one everyone's been wanting for ages, well let's change it and making it a freaking party game about freaking bunny rabbits. Fan's Reaction? I'm sure it went something like this: BWAAAAAAH!! - *Brick'd* Needless to say, fans really didn't react well to Rayman's latest multi-platform release being a party game featuring, yes, the infamous bunnies known by everyone as Rabbids. These crazy little fellas', that remind me an awful lot of the Minions from Despicable Me, have made themselves quite the name with an entire spin-off game series and their very own TV show on Nickelodeon, and it started with this one game. So, I believe there are questions in need of answering: Are the rabbids really that funny? Why am I playing this on the PS2? And most importantly, is this version of the game any good? Let's go straight ahead and find out, folks.

Story time! How exactly did these little fuzzy bundles of insanity come into the gaming world? Well, one day Rayman and these little baby Globox's (I think?) are having a dandy ol' time having a picnic together, when suddenly, as if out of nowhere, the bunnies attacked. They kidnapped all of the baby Globox's and Rayman himself. Rayman now has to compete in many various mini-games and plan his way out of the rabbid's world to save himself and his frog-like friends. Eh, I don't really mind the story as silly as it is. Heck, I've heard of worse party game stories, and this is Rayman we're talking about, his games have never really had particularly compelling stories from what I've played. /Is still yet to play Rayman 2 and 3. It doesn't try to over-complicate itself like Crash Bash, and tries something different to the regular Mario Party kind of formula in terms of story, so I find it just okay.

Love it or hate it, there seems to be one thing alot of fans and critics outright hate about the game, and that's the way it looks. For me, I can see where they're all coming from, as the game does have alot of gloomy and depressing looking atmosphere's in fact, almost exclusively, but I didn't mind it, like, at all, considering I think the game was going for a more dark undertone in the first place. The rabbids are creepy, and the world you've been taken into is scary, what better way to show off these feelings than with some dank, evil locations. I know that may seem silly of me to say, especially considering this is a game about crazy, screaming bunny rabbits, but it's honestly how I found it. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are nothing to look twice at, but in terms of aesthetics, they've got it done aright in my books. This game's soundtrack also comprises of random well-known songs, such as La Bamba and even Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. But we'll get into why those songs are even in the game to begin with. I can't really compliment the game's soundtrack if barely any of it is original. I guess the assortment of songs is pretty cool though, kinda.

Right, time for the big GP, Gameplay, and this is where things got to become extremely evident that I was not playing this on the right console. This game is so obviously meant for the Wii, but they ported it to not only the PS2, but also the Xbox 360, PSP and Nintendo DS, like why though? Money I guess, you cheeky devils, Ubisoft. Yes, it's extremely noticeable this game was built with motion controls in mind from the very first mini-game. In this mini-game you have to deliver an exploding parcel to a rabbid within a certain time limit by running as fast as you can, for I dunno, reasons. How would you do this on the Wii, well obviously by shaking the Wii Remote and Nunchuck up and down as fast as you can, like in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, which works! But no, on the PS2 version, guess what you have to do? You have to frickin' push the left and right analog sticks up and down with your thumbs as fast as you possibly can, which will leave your thumbs bleeding and your regret for buying this version of the game through the roof. It doesn't stop there though, because nearly every mini-game is like this, there's a tracing game where you have to hold down X and slowly move the analog stick all around the picture to score points for accuracy. It won't take long for anyone to figure out how that would have went down on the Wii. It's not so much that the controls for these mini-games are that bad, they just frustrate me because the really show off just how desperate they were to port this game to consoles that just weren't built for it. As for the actual mini-games themselves, they've got some funny concepts, but that's all they are, funny. Nearly all of them are as straight forward and easy as party games get. Race to the finish, skip rope, through the thing as far as possible, shoot as many things as possible, all the simple stuff. Granted, not all of these are like this, alot of the games near the very end of your adventure can be quite inventive, but for the most part, you'll have seen it all before. Your journey will consist of complete three mini-games, an optional dancing fourth mini-game where you can dance to the previously mentioned well-known songs, a fifth mandatory mini-game which will usually see you shooting a bunch of rabbids with toilet plungers. You then get a break in your cell where you can listen to music you've unlocked, replay mini-games and change into different costumes you've also unlocked. Wash, rinse, repeat, already make this joke in the last previous review. Aren't I just the worst? For the most part, the mini-games are just too simple, too boring, or too tedious. But hey, at least nearly all of them are funny.

Rayman Raving Rabbids for the PS2 isn't a great party game, they definitely improved on this type of experience with it's sequel soon after, but this first instalment just didn't try hard enough to set it apart from other popular party games at the time, an there are definitely better choices. I give this game my rating of 4/10 PLAYABLE. I recommend this game to only those who are extremely interested in the rabbids origin game, an even then, you should probably try out the Wii version instead for an overall better experience and to play the game as it was originally intended. Also guys, how are you finding these reviews? I'd definitely appreciate some constructive criticism on how to make them better. I'm also always up for suggestions on games to play and review next, so don't forget to leave a suggestion whenever you want to. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to fight to the death in a plunger shoot-out with a giant mechanical rabbit... wow,this game is OUT THERE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:25 23/02/2015 by TorchSheep
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#52 Posted: 16:57:05 24/02/2015
[User Posted Image]

I didn't know much about Amnesia itself when it first came out. All I was aware about was the numerous custom stories i'd see people play for the game. But i never knew much about the game itself. Only recently did i finally get my hands on what is often considered one of the scariest, if not THE scariest horror game ever made. Is it as horrifying as everyone puts it?

The plot goes something like this: You play as a man named Daniel, who wakes up in a castle, only to find out that for unexplained reasons at the time, he took an amnesia potion and gives a note to himself telling him to kill a man named Alexander, who owns the castle. Daniel must traverse the castle to figure out why he has to kill Alexander, but unfortunately for Daniel, the castle is filled with monsters that cannot be killed. As you progress, you learn more about what happened to Daniel before he drank his amnesia potion: how he found a mysterious orb, all the way to him having visions of him and Alexander torturing prisoners. It's a story that is quite gruesome and interesting. There is a lot of mystery surrounding some of these artifacts, such as the orb, and it's crazy to see the visions and notes of Daniel slowly losing his sanity over the shadows that stalk him and torment him. It's an excellent horror story that is sure to be intriguing.

The game plays from a first-person perspective. You have a lantern and tinderboxes to create light in the mostly dark castle. Light is crucial to use in this game because of a sanity meter alongside your health. sanity drains by doing things such as looking at gruesome scenes, staying in the dark for too long, or looking at monsters for too long. The monsters in this game cannot be killed or hurt. your only option is to run and hide. And I am not kidding when i say these aspects make Amnesia the most horrifying game I've ever played. Everything from the excellent sound design and sound cues to the monster designs themselves makes a game that will have you shaking the whole way through.

Aside from avoiding monsters, Amnesia is mostly a puzzle based game. There are numerous puzzles to solve in this game, and all of them can be pretty difficult. And this is Amnesia's weakest aspect. Unless you use a guide, some puzzles will drive you insane because there's no clear indication as to what you should do next. Daniel does take notes that can help you solve puzzles, and most puzzles in this game are pretty simple, but sometimes this doesn't help much. You know that feeling you get when you can't solve a puzzle, no matter what it is, and when you finally solve it you feel like an idiot? Amnesia is full of those puzzles. and it gets frustrating because of the "no clear indication" problem. not to mention it pads out the game's relatively short run of 6-8 hours.

But despite the game's short run, one of the highlights of Amnesia is the custom story mode. through this mode, you can play user-created stories and solve user-created puzzles that other people have created for the Amnesia community. While i haven't played any at the time of this review, I still think the developers should've added more content to the initial game, because if it weren't for this mode, the game would not be worth its asking price. I'd highly recommend checking out some custom stories, as they add loads of replayability to the game.

As said before, the game's sound design is top-notch. The music itself does a great job of being both subtle yet haunting, and adds a lot to the game. The voice acting is also pretty good. the characters do a great job of conveying emotion in their dialogue, which is hard because there aren't that many faces to see in this game besides the monsters. The graphics also look nice for an indie game, as lighting effects are used efficiently and the setpieces look slick, not to mention that monsters look terrifying with their designs. And the physics engine is great. the physics here make for some unique puzzles, even of most of them can be frustrating.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is easily the scariest horror game i've ever played. Most puzzles can be difficult because of the game's dim sense of progress, and it is short, but the game is atmospheric, has horrifying monsters, great mechanics, excellent music and sounds, great voice acting, and loads of replayability with the custom story mode. I'd say pick this game up, but again, I highly recommend also getting some custom stories to play after the real game is over.

Overall Rating~ 9/10. An excellent game. Has a few minor issues, but is a must-have nonetheless.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:31 24/02/2015 by pankakesparx456
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#53 Posted: 19:56:30 26/02/2015
How about Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby by me?
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#54 Posted: 23:22:55 26/02/2015
Ooooo, can I maybe review Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Super Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair? :3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#55 Posted: 14:18:29 01/03/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

The Walking Dead, out of the ten games I've reviewed thus far, the first game in the series is the only one I've given a perfect score, naturally after playing such an amazing game, I wanted to play the sequel, somehow it took me longer than getting into more Shantae games, but oh well. Making a second season to the already amazing game was a ambitious move to say the least, were they just trying to cash in again on the success of the first game, or did they truly have another beautiful story to tell? And more importantly, does this game live up to the first game's legacy? No, it makes it's own.

We're going to do things a little differently this time, let's go over presentation first. This game looks even better than it's predecessor, and that's not even just on next-gen consoles, the graphics and models are look more polished and just amazing, once again doing an excellent job of emanating a comic style, while still keeping things looking very serious and conveying both a charming and serious tone when it needs to. The characters also look like they've all been through a hell of a life-changing and emotional time, they convey this so well with facial expressions to even the smallest of details, like blood stains representing every life-threatening experience they've been through. The music also knows just how to represent whatever mood it wants to, heck, the music alone keeps you on the very edge of your seat, wanting to know what happens next. The voice acting, is fantastic. Once again, some of the best voice acting I've heard in media, period. All of the voices fit their characters so very well, and I wouldn't have cast in any other way, they don't sound over-dramatic or depressed all the time, they just sound like real people experiencing something very drastic.

The core gameplay hasn't really changed, except this time you play as Clementine and your choices matter even more than in the first game, with three very different endings. The game itself may not be very hard from a, "I keep getting stuck at this part" perspective, it's difficulty lies within how hard the choices are to make from the very beginning to the very end. You'll often get an option to say one of four different things which most of the time, are very different from one another and really can determine the type of survivor you are. Other than the speaking and choice making that you'll get alot of, there's also small sections where you'll have to walk around and find things or kill some walkers or something. There aren't nearly as many sections in this game as there were in the first game, and honestly, I'm pretty glad about that. I much prefer just talking to these amazingly well-developed character and truly feeling like a big part of this intense story. What better way to immerse yourself into a game than the game making your personal choices and opinions truly matter to the characters and environments around you. Simply genius, and they through you into even more situations that really catch you off guard. Trust me when I say the scenarios aren't just a repeat of the original games, they throw so many new concepts at you, it's incredible.

Now you may haven't noticed that I'm yet to talk about the story, and quite frankly, I don't want to, it's your story to experience, and who am I to ruin that for you. I'm not even going to give a brief synopsis of the game's rough plot, because if you're even the slightest bit interested in buying and playing this game, you deserve to find out what Telltale have in store for us this time. If you want a game with a truly immersive and wonderful story, than look no further than this, because for me, this is as good as they come.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 is an amazing game, a fantastic game, the perfect game. I recommend it to anyone and everyone, though I would heavily advise playing the first Walking Dead game first, as you'll get a much better grasp of what's going on, plus, your choices from the first game carry over to this one, so hey, there's something to think about. I apologize if I just gushed all over how great I think the game is, but I have just finished playing it a little while ago, and still, I'm almost speechless, it's that great. It should come as no surprise that this game gets a 10/10 PERFECT! Thanks again to pankakesparx456 for the suggestion. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play some more of The Walking Dead: Season 2, my new favourite game of 2014.
#56 Posted: 19:14:34 01/03/2015
[User Posted Image]

So after some consideration, I decided to write a review for Cave Story, often cited as being one of the best, let alone one of the most successful indie games of all time. I have quite a bit of history with this one. I originally played it on a relative's PC way back in 2006 and I was instantly hooked on the game. It wasn't until a few years later that i finally got my own PC and downloaded the original freeware game to play for myself. And up until I played my new all time favorites, Cave Story held the record for being the best game I ever played for almost 6-7 years. Looking back now, with my current standards on games and having new favorites to take over, is Cave Story still as great as i thought it was?

Cave Story tells the tale of a silent robot who wakes up in a cave with no memory of who he is or where he came from. Upon exploring, he comes across a race of creatures known as Mimiga. The Mimiga are being terrorized by a man called the Doctor, who wants to take over the mimiga and force-feed them red flowers, a plant that turns them into savage beasts, and take over the world. Our hero then goes on a mission to not only save the mimiga and stop the doctor, but restore his memory in the process. The game has an excellent narrative, being rich in lore with its world, having great and well-written characters, and pretty dark themes. It's amazing how much this story can give in the game's runtime of only 4-5 hours, and despite a few plotholes, the story excels in just about every way possible. The only big problem with the story is its ending, but i'll get to that in a bit.

The gameplay is very similar to games like Metroid and Castlevania, though a bit more linear. The game is a platforming and shooting game. Throughout the game, you'll collect more weapons to use. when you defeat an enemy, they drop experience you can use to level up your weapons a total of three times. however, if you take damage, your weapon level will actually degrade. this is a really unique mechanic, as it encourages you to fight enemies to get more powerful but not get too reckless. and that's about it. the gameplay is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. which is easy to do, since the game's control is very fluent and responsive. the only gripe i had with the game was that there is quite a bit of backtracking, which can really halt your progression and can get annoying at times.

The game itself looks great. The 8-bit graphics fit in very well with Cave Story, and it nails the art style that most early Nintendo and Sega games had. it's a retro look that fits well. And the soundtrack is amazing. like the graphics, the music replicates soundtracks of 8-bit games very well, and you'll be humming a lot of these tunes from start to finish because they're so good.

Now here's one of the smaller issues with Cave Story: the multiple endings. you can get three endings in this game. If you don't use an online guide or walkthrough, you WILL NOT get the game's best ending. the things you have to do in order to get this ending are very specific, and the game doesn't do a good job of telling you what they are. the tasks themselves aren't hard, the problem is figuring out in the first place what you have to do.

And now, the big glaring problem. If it wasn't for this problem in the game, Cave Story would be a completely flawless game in my eyes: The Blood Stained Sanctuary(or Sacred Grounds, depending on which version or translation you have). You know you're in for a challenge when the first sign you read there says "Welcome to Hell!" And it is. This section of the game, which can only be accessed by going for the best ending and is required to be beaten to get said ending, will be the absolute hardest challenge you'll ever endure. Everything, and i mean EVERYTHING in this section wants you dead. There are FIVE BOSSES in this section. you only get extra health through either dropped health pickups or a health container you saved in the game. and this whole time, THERE ARE NO CHECKPOINTS OR SAVE STATIONS. if you mess up even once, you have to start the whole section ALL OVER AGAIN. To make an example, friends have told me this section of the game is harder than anything they've ever encountered in Dark Souls. Yeah, it's THAT hard.

If it wasn't for this big problem, Cave Story would be flawless to me. This game was developed entirely by one man, Daisuke Amaya, over the course of five years, and he deserves every bit of praise he has gotten for Cave Story. The story is excellent and its narrative is great. The gameplay is unique and above all fun. the game itself and music feels exactly like a game from the early generations of gaming, giving it a retro feel done right. if you're interested in getting this game, you can still get the original freeware game on PC on cavestory.org, and it is completely free. if you liked it, i highly encourage you to look into a retail version, whether it's from Wiiware, the eShop on 3DS, or Steam, as the retail versions add a lot more content such as bonus modes. But of you're going for the best ending, well... best of luck, you're going to need it.

Overall Rating~10/10. A masterpiece of gaming. There is little to nothing to dislike and should be in every gamer's library.

I am still looking into No More Heroes, but again, i still can't find any copies nearby so it's going to be a while before i actually get my hands on the game. I still plan on reviewing Five Nights at Freddy's 3 when it releases, but other than that i'm open to suggestions right now, as i have no real plan on which of my games i'm reviewing next.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:10 26/04/2015 by pankakesparx456
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#57 Posted: 00:00:07 02/03/2015
[User Posted Image]

Oh boy another Licensed Lego game has come out this year to explore a place where no brick has ever been before. SPACE! Well besides Lego Star Wars, but that doesn't have Batman now does it? Lego Games are a guilty pleasure of mine but when Lego Batman 3 was first announced I honestly didn't notice, yet the game managed to get my attention when it was announced to have the amazing Adam West guest voice in it and my Lego body was ready. Few months later and we have the game released with tons of toys to come with it. So let's put on our capes and fight the forces of evil with the bricks of justice!

So how did our favorite cape crusader go to space? It's quite simple actually, an alien by the name of Brainiac decided one day to take over the world and take control of the Lantern Corps to do it. So it is now up to the Justice League to pair up with their worst enemies to take Brainiac down. And that's about it to be honest, were you expecting "The Killing Joke" from a Lego game? I honestly don't care because the campaign takes quite awhile to beat, in fact the campaign took me 8 hours to beat which is the longest amount of content a Lego game has offered.

This game is absolutely stunning with the bright colors of the mini figures each filled with personality to explore iconic locations with the amazing atmosphere of the Batcave or Hall Of Justice making you feel like a kid in the Lego Section of the Toy Store. The soundtrack decent but the best part of the soundtrack is when you fly as Winder Woman giving you the greatest sensation by playing the classic Wonder Woman theme song. And by doing all of that they managed to successfully recreate a child's imagination to the fullest which in my opinion should be the number one priority of a Lego Game.

This is where the game gets kinda iffy. Controls are pretty simple with my only problem being switching out in free play mode being a pain for characters that transform as you try to switch from Superman to Batman but it keeps switching to Clark Kent instead as holding X is for transformations and switching. The gameplay itself is just like most other Lego games where all you do is smash things to build things out of it. Sure this is fun at first but it soon becomes the only thing you do for each level over and over again. This can be a pain as well as most levels leave you clueless on what to do and becomes a pain to find that one object you never broke. Then we have the occasionally game breaking glitch to company us and won't let you proceed in the level as some chain events don't turn on right forcing you to restart the level, and these levels are not the shortest. But fourtantly we have the amazing parts of the game such as the ship sections transforming the game into a side-scrolling shoot em up. We also have fun side missions from comedic superheroes and Kevin Smith for some reason. Speaking of Kevin Smith we also get Daffy Duck, Adam West, Stephen Amell, and Conan O'Brien to entertain us in the game. But besides those pros we have the worst parts of the game that don't tickle me the right way. The free roaming of the game is very minimal as you get to explore the Lantern Planets which does not sound as cool because they are all empty copies of themselves with a different filter. Then we get the worst part of the game. Conan O'Brien. He is just there for a paycheck as all he does is say some witty remark in every room you explore to rinse and repeat it every single time you play. And it gets old faster than the Flash.

Lego Batman 3 is a great game but it is just Lego Batman 2 with more characters and less free-roaming. Don't expect anything new from this game but you can expect a fun experience as you beat up goons as your favorite DC superhero. I would recommend this game to anybody who wants a quick time waster. I give this game an 8/10. It's fun, it's goofy, and has the best end credits ever. somePeson away!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#58 Posted: 03:40:50 05/03/2015
[User Posted Image]

Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Review

God damn. This game. Lets start off and say I'm 50 hours in and I STILL don't have 100 percent completion. This game is massive. Each map is about 10 times the size of every Dragon Age Origins map combined. The maps aren't the only massive things besides Iron Bull's *cough* though. The lore of this world is fantastic. Everything is so in depth, especially the characters. Plus, how you play it depends on how you like to complete games. Wanna just get through the story with as little hassle as possible? Sure. Want to try your hand at a romance with that one character you think is hot? Go for it? Wanna slay every High Dragon in your quest to close the Breach? Good luck, it's tough, but doable!

Everything in this game is gorgeous too. The graphics are the absolute BEST I have ever seen in a video game! Everything is made with great attention to detail, from the scales on a dragon, to the scratches on your sword, to the dirt beneath your feet. Everything is simply breathtaking, it's no laughing matter. What IS a laughing matter is how funny the characters are, Varric and Iron Bull in particular. Everyone in this game has some pretty damn funny banter, making even the most grim scenes funny. The whole game is packed with emotion and care, and BioWare deserves every last dollar they've earned and then some.

OVERALL: 10.0 Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.
PROS: Deep and enthralling story, packed with emotion, fun combat, beautiful scenery
CONS: Multiplayer isn't great, story will make you buy 500 boxes of tissues if you played DA2

UP NEXT: I am Bread, Borderlands: The PreSequel, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Five Nights at Freddy's 3, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#59 Posted: 07:35:34 07/03/2015
I happened to review Demon's Souls on my channel in case anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvnAILsi0Y

If anyone could give me recommendations on how to do better, I'd appreciate it. I don't do a scoring system because that discourages people to try it if I were to give a title a seven out of ten.

Please ignore my French-Canadian dialect and nasally voice...;w;
#60 Posted: 02:23:44 09/03/2015
[User Posted Image]

WARNING: For review consistency, I AM NOT blocking any gameplay-related spoilers regarding Five Nights at Freddy's 3. However, i WILL keep the details on the story and lore out of the review like I did the last FNaF reviews, as the story is something you should invest into yourself. If you don't want to be spoiled about the game yet, do not read this review. Check out the game and then read the review. But if you already played/saw the game, or don't care about spoilers, then read on.

Even after being somewhat disappointed with Five Nights at Freddy's 2, i was still highly anticipating the third game. Everything from the premise to the game itself looked like this was going to be the best FNaF game yet. After all the hype, does Five Nights at Freddy's 3 deliver?

Five Nights at Freddy's 3's plot is just like the others: simple but loaded with lore. Taking place 30 years after the restaurant chain shut down, you play as an employee at the new Fazbear's Fright horror attraction, inspired by the events that took place in Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2. The creators, through salvaging old parts and such from the restaurants, find a working animatronic robot to use for the attraction. your goal is to survive five nights at the workplace, without this sole animatronic killing you. Throughout the game, you get old audio logs from the man on the telephone from the first two games, foreshadowing the events that happen after the first game. The lore in this game is easily the best in the series. the game does an excellent job at tying up loose ends and questions that were mostly unanswered, but still leaves enough mystery that there are still theories about it to be made. Combine this with a great ending(assuming you don't get the bad ending, but i'll get to that later), and you have a story that ends on a great note.

Aside from watching the animatronic on the cameras, the gameplay is much different than the past two games. You have two camera feeds: one for the attraction, and one for ventilation. in the horror attraction, you can play audio clips to lure the animatronic to that part of the attraction, and keep it away from your office. the vent feed is used to shut certain vents when the animatronic tries to climb into them for a shortcut to the office. From time to time, the camera feed, audio devices, and ventilation will get errors, and you'll have to perform a system reboot on them to get them working again. Preventing ventilation errors is as important as rebooting broken camera feeds and broken audio logs, as the screen will fade to black in and out and cause you to hallucinate more than you usually do. throughout the game, it is possible to get hallucinations of previous animatronics, and while they can't kill you, they will make you hyperventilate and cause you to reboot certain systems depending on what they do. in other words, they can't kill you: the new animatronic is the only one that can kill you. this adds a whole new layer of horror to the game, as you only have to worry about one animatronic killing you, but have a whole barrage of hallucinated ones that will make the experience worse.

Like Five Nights at Freddy's 2 to the first game, the production value for this game is much better. animations and environments look smoother than ever now thanks to actual on screen animations. sound design is also top notch like the last installments, and gives the player a much better sense of where everything is.

Much like the last games, you will eventually grow wise to the act and figure out some strategies. Notice how i say SOME strategies. Now that there is only one animatronic that can kill you, the game isn't nearly as frustrating as the past entries, and the animatronic is much more unpredictable. you will never know where this one will strike next or go to next, and it adds a lot of fun to the game. though this can get annoying at times, Five Nights 3 probably has the best sense of challenge yet because of this animatronic's behavior, and the fact that he balances out all the new mechanics unlike the previous entry.

The only big problem i have is the multiple endings. You can get two endings that are alike, but vary because of how you get the better ending. i won't spoil what happens, but once you play the minigames that are required for the better ending, you'll understand much better. Not only do i wish there was one definitive ending, but the process of getting this ending is kind of ridiculous. Without some sort of video tutorial, you will not get the better ending. what you have to do is really specific, and it doesn't help that the game's subtle hints don't give the player much sense as to what they need to do. One ending would've been fine, the slightly different endings weren't needed.

many people have agreed that this is probably the last in the FNaF series. and i honestly hope so. Five Nights at Freddy's 3 wraps up the story so well that there doesn't need to be another game in the series. the gameplay is great and fun, the animatronic is unpredictable, the production design is top notch, and the sense of growing wise to the act and the frustration level is the lowest in the series, even if it is there sometimes, and i wish that there wasn't a convoluted way of getting a better ending to the game when there could have been one. IF you liked the last games, or were burnt out on the second game, check this one out. If you didn't, this one just might change your mind. Thank you, Scott Cawthon, for making us an amazing trilogy of games.

Overall Rating~ 8/10. An awesome game. the problems are more evident, but the game does a lot right to make it worth the price tag.

EDIT: this review may be subject to change or editing.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:31 09/03/2015 by pankakesparx456
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#61 Posted: 18:26:20 21/03/2015
Yo if you need any Kirby games reviewing just ask me!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#62 Posted: 17:41:52 29/03/2015
SUPER AMAZING IMPROMPTU REVIEW AND TOPIC BUMP

[User Posted Image]

Saint's Row IV PC Review

Let me start off this review by saying that if you're looking for a dramatic, serious game, this is very, very far from that. It's a Saint's Row game, what do you expect? A lot of people say Volition made a mistake turning the Saint's Row franchise into a wacky, fun, over the top game, instead of the over-dramatic GTA clone it once was. I believe it was the best thing that ever happened to the series. It made the games fun and exciting, and I loved SR3 and SR4.

Let's start this review off with the plot. After the events of SR3, you help MI6 diffuse a nuke and save the USA, and they elect you the President. Pretty sweet, right? A few years into your term, aliens kidnap the Third Street Saints and put you in a simulation as the Earth explodes. So, you have to get revenge for your planet. Also pretty sweet.

The game mechanics make all the fights fun, especially when you get super powers. The powers are just about the coolest thing in the entire game. You have super speed, super jumps, telekinesis, fireballs, super stomps, and fire buffs. All these help bring the fight to Zinyak in the most fun way you can think of.

The graphics are okay, and the story and gameplay are great, but the only thing I didn't like about it is they basically reskinned the Steelport map from SR3 as the simulation. Map so nice, they made us play it twice, I suppose.

OVERALL: 9.3
PROS: Fun story, fun gameplay, lots of interesting characters
CONS: Steelport map reused

UP NEXT: I am Bread, Borderlands: The PreSequel, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Saint's Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix, Alien Isolation
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:08 29/03/2015 by StriderSwag
#63 Posted: 16:53:51 04/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

The Call of Duty series has been increasingly declining in quality for me ever since World At War. I thought Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 were okay, and i really disliked Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 2. When Infinity Ward announced Ghosts, I was actually somewhat excited to see them making a real new CoD game since Call of Duty 4 almost 6 years ago at the time. But what i got was not only the worst Call of Duty game to date, but one of the worst games i have ever played.

In CoD: Ghosts, you play as the Ghosts, a Spec-Ops team trained to conduct missions behind enemy lines. More specifically, you play as Logan Walker, a U.S. Troop who is enrolled in the Ghosts with his brother, and his father as the leader of the Ghosts. in 2027, The United States are at war with the Federation, a global superpower consisting of South and Central America. The Ghosts are tasked with hunting down a man named Gabriel Rorke, who was the previous leader of the Ghosts and now works for the Federation. This story is as barebones and cliche as you can possibly get. Ther are no fun twists or turns in the story at all. The writing is beyond bland and boring. there is no character development whatsoever. you never care about any of these characters. I actually forgot their names before i wrote this review. This story is a colossal disappointment and shouldn't be bothered with.

The gameplay is also as barebones as you can possibly get. You know how people will complain about how Call of Duty never has variety and is the same game every single year? It doesn't get any more evident than in this entry. The only "innovative" thing about this game is that you play as a dog for about 20 minutes, if i recall. Yippee. Other than that, the game does absolutely nothing new here. It's the same CoD gameplay and experience you've come to grow tired of since they started reusing it in Modern Warfare 2.

The game itself hasn't even changed very much aesthetically. aside from some tweaked animations, the game doesn't do anything to set itself apart from previous entries besides some nice setpieces. The game's soundtrack is also really bland. i can't remember any music from this game at all. The sound design is at least decent though.

Multiplayer has at least seen some tweaks. Now, you can customize your own soldier, and each one can have up to six weapon classes. There is a huge variety of customization here that i'm honestly still finding new options to choose from. It's probably the best thing about Ghosts. Multiplayer itself though hasn't really changed much though. this is the same chaotic and over-the-top multiplayer gameplay that you know. There still isn't much innovation, most gamemodes are reused again, and the new ones are very bland and sort of confusing.

Squads is a new gamemode similar to Survival Mode from Modern Warfare 3, except worse. The A.I. in this gamemode usually transitions from being incredibly stupid to incredibly hard. unless you find a nice place to camp out, you will die a lot in this gamemode. Not to mention that the gamemode itself is just really, REALLY boring. Modern Warfare 3's survival was a lot more exciting.

Extinction is also a brand new gamemode similar to Zombie mode from the Treyarch CoD games, but here's why i don't think it's a fun or great mode: it's overwhelming. Much like Black Ops 2's Zombie mode, this gamemode asks you to do way too much within each round. in a survival mode like this, it is crucial that players have time to recover and time to plan things out. This gamemode transitions between giving you neither or these or both of these way too fast. because of this, you will feel overwhelmed and confused with the objectives you have to do, while also tryng to fend off the hordes of aliens attacking you. One moment you could be doing nothing inbetween rounds, the next you're suddenly down while trying to do numerous objectives at a time.

I have no more hope in the Call of Duty series now thanks to Ghosts. Ghosts is one of the worst games out there, and one of the worst games i have ever played. Its only redeeming quality is its extensive customization. Other than that, Ghosts suffers from an awful single player campaign, lack of innovation or anything new, bland multiplayer, terrible new modes, And overall just being a reskin of the same Call of Duty game we've been playing over and over again for the past 8 years.

Overall Rating~ 1/10. and awful game. there is little to nothing to enjoy about this game, and it should be avoided at all costs.
---
Cool cool.
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#64 Posted: 19:28:05 05/04/2015
Gonna work on a review for Xenoblade Chronicles if that's fine
---
Hurrah!
#65 Posted: 00:53:38 20/04/2015
Just a thought: Maybe we should make this a sticky topic. It would be nice to have an overall topic like this one where people can share their reviews on games constantly on the first page.
---
Cool cool.
#66 Posted: 12:17:37 26/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

I'm always excited for a Kirby game. The Kirby series is hands down my favorite Nintendo franchise, and when a title for 3DS, my favorite game console, was announced, I was pumped. unfortunately it took a long while before i finally got my hands in the game. Now that i've played it, how does the game hold up?

The story in Triple Deluxe isn't much to write home about, it's your simple, barebones Kirby story. One night in Dreamland, a giant beanstalk called the Dreamstalk starts growing under Kirby's house, which brings him to a new land called Floralia. Kirby later discovers King Dedede has been kidnapped by a being named Taranza, and Kirby must journey through Floralia to rescue him. The plot is as basic as you can possibly get, which is expected from a series as simple as Kirby. but with past games, we at least had SOME development of character, whether it was from cutscenes or even dialogue. Unlike past Kirby games, you don't really care for much of the other characters save for King Dedede, and that's only because of how prominent he is in the series. I didn't even know what Taranza's name was until the end of the game, i didn't even know what the species of people on Floralia was called, and the main villain of the game has no intentions other than they want to take over the world. The story is simple, but devoid of any development that made past characters and villains so interesting.

Kirby also sticks to the basics with the gameplay. just like previous entries, this is a platformer. Kirby can do moves on his own such as guarding, floating, and kicking. He can still suck up enemies and take their abilities just like previous entries. It's the formula that made Kirby great, and hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Triple Deluxe also introduces a few new abilities, but they're all just meh at best. The abilities are interesting design choices, but their execution isn't that great. they don't play as great as past abilities. the game also takes some advantages of the 3DS, such as the gyroscope and jumping to a plane in the forefront and the background. these new gimmicks transition seamlessly and feel natural, and they aren't used so often that they feel gimmicky. The big new addition is the Hypernova ability, which enables Kirby to inhale his enemies at an insane rate. It's a great new powerup, as it gives some interesting level designs and takes the whole concept of Kirby and multiplies it exceptionally.

the game looks and plays great. colors pop in the game, the graphics are solid for a 3DS game, and it controls very well. The music, while great, isn't exactly memorable. Besides the remixed and reused themes made for this game, i can't really remember any tunes in this game. The level design is top-notch as well. It keeps the simplicity of past Kirby games, while adding some extra challenge in the form of collectibles and boss battles. The design is only made even better because of the 3DS's capabilities. Because of the new gimmicks mentioned before, the game does a lot to separate itself from past Kirby games. And that's mostly because the 3DS allows it to have unique designs, whether it's turning your 3DS sideways to turn features such as cable car-boat things(whatever they're called), or having Kirby be smacked onto the face of the 3DS screen when he gets hit by a Waddle Dee train.

The only glaring issue with this game is its length and content. I beat the main game in about 8 hours, and that includes getting all the sun stones. While i haven't unlocked the true arena yet or played Dedede tour yet, that's relatively short for Kiby standards. Maybe it's because i played this game consistently, but i remember past games taking much longer to complete. And while the game has a decent amount of content in it, it isn't anywhere near the redeeming amount that past Kirby games could supply. Dedede's drum dash is a really boring subgame, and Kirby fighters isn't bad, it's just that i'd rather play other fighting games before this one. the keychains are cool collectibles, but getting them is randomized, save the gold keychains, so trying to collect them all will be a real hassle.

While the game is short, lacks redeeming content, and has an uninteresting story compared to other games, Kirby Triple Deluxe is still a great game for what it does right on its own. The gameplay is still as great as ever, and it adds just enough new things to make it stand out from the other Kirby games. the game looks fantastic, plays great, has awesome level design, and has a great soundtrack. Kirby fans will enjoy this game, but will most likely be clamoring for more after the main game. If you're looking for a good platformer on 3DS, check this one out.

Overall Rating~ 8/10. An awesome game. the problems are more evident, but the game does a lot right to make it worth the price tag.

I'm going to review more games in the Kirby series. which one is next, i'm not sure of just yet.
---
Cool cool.
#67 Posted: 21:04:44 11/05/2015
[User Posted Image]

I was one of the early buyers of Child of Light last year. i hadn't heard much about the game before i got it. all i knew was that it looked amazing. So i eventually got it on my Wii U. Unfortunately the game got shoved away from other games I was finishing and playing at the time. Now, almost a year after i got and finally finished the game, just how is it?

You play as Princess Aurora(no, not the Disney princess), a young girl who finds herself in the land of Lemuria. Aurora finds out that not only is her father bedridden back in her home in Austria, but Lemuria is also under the control of a dark queen. With the help of a firefly named Igniculus, along with some new friends along the way, Aurora travels Lemuria to recover the land's lost light and reunite with her father. The story isn't much outside your typical "Light vs. Dark" fairy tale, there's only one or two twists in the basic story. It's passable.

But what makes the story great isn't actually the story at all: It's the presentation. The game is told in a fairy tale book style, and with the help of this game's Ubi Art engine, the graphics look absolutely gorgeous. This game is like a moving painting. so many colors and art styles pop out. add that to the game's dialogue being entirely rhymed, and you'll feel like you're reading a children's book. Though this can be a turnoff for some gamers, as the dialogue can get repetitive because of the constant rhyming, and character development is almost shoehorned into the game, besides the main protagonist. And the music is beautiful. The entire soundtrack is orchestrated, with most themes being played entirely with just piano and violin, and battle themes being played with those along with trumpets, cellos, and drums. It fits both the mood and the setting of the game perfectly. Fans of the classical genre will eat this soundtrack up.

If the game's presentation hasn't sold you, the gameplay certainly will. In the overworld, the game is played as the most basic "platformer" possible. I use platformer loosely since you can fly in this game. The main game is an RPG. during battle, you have a timer, similar to games such as Final Fantasy, that decides when a character can attack. there are two portions of this timer: Wait and Cast. The Wait part of the timer is just that: waiting your turn. when a character reaches the Cast portion of the timer, they can perform an action that will take up a certain amount of time on the Cast timer to perform. this can range from attacks to magic to items. if you manage to attack an enemy when they're on the cast timer, said enemy will be pushed back on the timer to the Wait section, and won't be able to attack. to compensate, enemies can do the same thing to you. It sounds complicated, but it's a lot easier than it sounds. these mechanics are surprisingly easy and adaptable, and the game does a great job of explaining the mechanics to you. These ideas add a lot of strategy to what is essentially a turn-based RPG. it's fun, and above all simple.

Along with your typical side-quests, you can also equip gems called oculi, which not only vary in how many there are, but each have different effects depending on which oculi slot you put them in: Attack, Defense, or Timeline. This opens up a wide variety of different combinations of gems you can make, on top of unique loadouts for each character. Pair this with simple skill trees for each character, and you have a game that's surprisingly in-depth yet simplistic and adaptable. It adds so many payers to gameplay, yet somehow everything is so easy to pick up and learn. and that's what makes Child of Light's gameplay both unique and entertaining. The game also has replayability in the form of new game plus, which will add even further to the game's 10-15 hour runtime.

Child of Light is one of the best RPGs out there. the simplistic story, dialogue, and character development may turn off some players, but for those looking for a relaxing story and adventure, and for those looking for a great, in-depth, but easygoing RPG, Child of Light should not be overlooked.

Overall Rating~ 9/10. An excellent game. Has a few minor issues, but is a must-have nonetheless.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:53 12/05/2015 by pankakesparx456
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#68 Posted: 22:55:20 31/05/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
Ooooo, can I maybe review Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Super Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair? :3

YES PLEASE
---
My life is complete.
#69 Posted: 20:52:39 21/08/2015
I was contemplating whether or not I should make a huge bump for this topic or just create a brand new one from scratch, but I decided it would be best to post a review in this topic, as I really want to talk about this game but I also want others to have a bit of understanding of how I review games based on my previous reviews. That, and I really, REALLY want to review this game somewhere and the game in question is one I said I was going to do on this topic for a long while. Let's hope this post doesn't cause this topic to get closed.

With that said:

[User Posted Image]

After 8 months of owning the game and putting in almost 50 hours of gameplay, I'm FINALLY ready to talk about Valkyria Chronicles. I found out about this game out of nowhere back when Sega announced a PC port of the original PS3 game was coming to Steam. I looked more into the game and it looked like a gme I could really get some fun out of. Christmas came around and I managed to get a brand new PC, meaning I finally had a computer that could run Steam and its games efficiently. funny enough, Valkyria Chronicles was the very first thing i bought from Steam. After wanting to finish and review it for such a long time, how does Valkyria Chronicles hold up?

The game's story takes place in an alternate Earth on the continent Europa. The east side of Europa is controlled by the superpower East Europan Imperial Alliance, and the west by superpower Atlantic Federation. This world runs on a mineral called Ragnite, and when the Imperial Alliance runs low on this resource, they declare war on the Federation. Among this conflict is the neutral country of Gallia, which is caught in the middle of both superpowers and is rich with Ragnite. Welkin Gunther and Alicia Melchiott, along with their regiment Squad 7, becomes one of the many regiments in the military tasked with defending Gallia at all costs. Along the way, our characters discover many secrets behind their country, such as the race of people known as the Valkyria.

The overall story itself is really just a basic World War II story with a supernatural twist once you get down to it, but it's how Valkyria Chronicles approaches this story that makes it really entertaining. The game's story focuses primarily on writing, character, and presentation. and it excels in all these categories. Each character is exceptionally well written and seeing the changes they go through in this story as it progresses is amazing development for these characters. You will start to care a lot about these characters. The game's presentation is also top notch. Voice acting is genuine and packed with emotion, and these voice actors really bring these characters to life. Even better is the game's graphics engine. The game looks like a moving watercolor painting, and the result is one of the most gorgeous-looking games I've ever seen.

Gameplay is also very top-notch. The game is a hybrid between strategy turn based RPG and third-person shooter. during each turn, players use a certain amount of Command Points, whether it's to move a unit or perform Orders, which are powers that can boost stats and/or add effects to the battlefield. When you select a unit, they have a bar filled with Action Points that determine how far and how much they can move on the battlefield. During turns, they can take cover from fire, dodge intercepting fire if possible, and attack using their weapons. There are six class types: Scouts have the most action points and rely on scouting areas and using semi-automatic rifles; Shocktroopers use machine guns and flamethrowers, and are the strongest base units; Lancers specialize in using missile launchers to damage tanks; Engineers are used as a means to heal and resupply units; Snipers are just that- snipers; and Tanks are just that- you have a tank that you can use to cause field damage or attack other tanks. Each class comes with their own pros and cons, and each individual unit within each class have their own special abilities and disadvantages that can activate depending on the battle.

it sounds like a lot, and when you get down to it, it really is. But not only is the gameplay really easy and simple to understand once you play the game, but the blend between turn based RPG and third-person shooter is seamless. The two gameplay styles completely compliment each other and work very well together to create this overall experience. It can go even more in depth as well, from class leveling that levels up an entire class rather than just an individual unit, and upgrading your units, arms, and tanks. Combine that with the game's strategic approach, and the possibilities for how you customize your squad are endless and depend entirely on your preferred playstyle. You can only level up shocktroopers, or choose to continuously upgrade your lancers. You may choose to develop your tank around accuracy, or instead choose to base it around defense. There are also additional challenges you can do, and a grinding system you can play if you need money or experience points. This adds an insane amount of replayability to a game that can already have you clocking over 50 hours on your first runthrough.

And this game is very rewarding, because if you don't go into battles prepared or really think of a solid strategy in later levels, then this game can get HARD. and I mean REALLY HARD. The game at first is fairly simple, but later levels will kick your butt if you aren't leveled up enough, or approach situations in a smart way. The game requires that you are patient, careful, and above all, prepared. I can't emphasize more than the game already has how important it is to not only level up as much as possible and get as strong as possible before missions, but to save your game as often as possible. Too many times throughout the game did I have to restart a entire mission because I deliberately chose not to save my game, or have to rescue a unit because I made a risky or stupid decision in the game. it also doesn't help that this game has permadeath, and all but the main characters can die for good if you don't save them in time. If you ever get mad or frustrated with the game, you will only have yourself to blame. I can only count with one or two hands the amount of times it was the game itself that was being cheap, and much like the cheap shots I took at the enemies, their cheap shots required a lot of luck. And honestly, this is one of the things I love most about this game. It requires that the player is patient and thinks out a strategy. it requires you to be as careful as possible, because a couple mistakes can change the entire tide of the battle for better or worse. Whenever I got really upset or mad at the game, I still remembered it was still my fault for not being careful, or not thinking better. And since most other games can't exactly do that, this is one of the few games where I can say it's actually a good thing if you get frustrated. Because if you do, it only encourages you to try new strategies, approach levels in a different way, and try to get stronger in the game.

Valkyria Chronicles has put me though a whole slew of emotions: I laughed, I cringed, I got mad, I cried, but above all, I was still having fun with the game no matter what I felt. Valkyria Chronicles is a phenomenal game. It has a great story with extremely well-written and memorable characters, and astounding presentation, and excellent combat system, great gameplay, and an insane amount of replayability with its extended features and further layered customization. The only reason you shouldn't get this game from Steam is if you already have the game on PS3 along with all of its DLC, which the Steam version already includes. And even then it doesn't hurt to buy this game a second time.

Should it come as much of a surprise when I say that Valkyria Chronicles is now my all-time Favorite Video Game?

Overall rating~10/10. A masterpiece of gaming. There is little to nothing to dislike and should be in every gamer's library.
---
Cool cool.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me