Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 15 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 48 49 50
Flight Rising 13 [CLOSED]
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#701 Posted: 02:58:53 27/01/2015
Oh yeah, PAGE FOR FLAMECALLER
and TIDELORD
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:07 27/01/2015 by willster8
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#702 Posted: 03:05:30 27/01/2015 | Topic Creator
you aren't even in water
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#703 Posted: 03:54:05 27/01/2015
I was.......
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#704 Posted: 08:51:56 27/01/2015
the rp totally needs an emperor
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#705 Posted: 16:57:42 27/01/2015
Emperors can come in at some point I'm sure.

Also, we could do it like the old Dragon Cave RP used to be. Use all our dragons, but we kind of switch between who we're focusing on at the time. So for a bit I could use Auride, then Auride kind of goes out of the story and I bring in Ferrero, etc.

And here's a maybe-probably-not-but-maybe thing: maybe, instead of having the whole character bio thing, we just link to our lairs in the first RP post (like the first post of this topic) and only/mainly use dragons who have something written in their descriptions, even if it's only a very brief summary of their personalities (like, words will do) just so we know who we're working with.

So if a new dragon comes along and you're just like "who??" you go to so-n-so's lair and find that dragon and read their bio and be like "ah yes, this one".

It will involve me writing a lot of bios but worth it I guess?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#706 Posted: 18:18:37 27/01/2015
@Darkrai, that's, that's... beautiful. Couldn't have said it better myself.

@CF, that sounds like a good idea. Will involve me writing a lot of bios, too, but that's something I needed to do, anyway. smilie
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#707 Posted: 19:07:51 27/01/2015
Works for me since i tend to write a bio for any dragon that's actually part of my lair anyway.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#708 Posted: 19:35:39 27/01/2015
I have written bios for my progens finally after one year and three months *punches air to celebrate victory*
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#709 Posted: 19:47:41 27/01/2015
@CF, congrats! That's better than I've done...
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#710 Posted: 19:51:45 27/01/2015
yayyy

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
#711 Posted: 20:11:24 27/01/2015
Oh yay you got a facet!

Hey S-F you should totally join the RP this time, just like the good old Dragon Cave days. Don't worry about the quality of writing and just have fun. Bring Vittora, I like her, she's pretty.

Also I've done 3 bios now and I keep meaning to make them shorter but they're getting longer instead oh god oh god
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
#712 Posted: 21:11:27 27/01/2015
Quote: Cynderfyre
Emperors can come in at some point I'm sure.

Also, we could do it like the old Dragon Cave RP used to be. Use all our dragons, but we kind of switch between who we're focusing on at the time. So for a bit I could use Auride, then Auride kind of goes out of the story and I bring in Ferrero, etc.

And here's a maybe-probably-not-but-maybe thing: maybe, instead of having the whole character bio thing, we just link to our lairs in the first RP post (like the first post of this topic) and only/mainly use dragons who have something written in their descriptions, even if it's only a very brief summary of their personalities (like, words will do) just so we know who we're working with.

So if a new dragon comes along and you're just like "who??" you go to so-n-so's lair and find that dragon and read their bio and be like "ah yes, this one".

It will involve me writing a lot of bios but worth it I guess?

but I only have in-depth bios for like two dragons and the second one isn't even mine to roleplay

Since you can handle it, though, I think it'd be neat, while the rest of us who don't have bios can just stick to a few characters/cameos.

probably best not to bring in your entire lair though.

EDIT: thank you SiA for selling me this guy like a year ago

i've always loved him

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:21:09 27/01/2015 by Darkrai Doll
#713 Posted: 21:38:53 27/01/2015
Oh yay you got a facet!

Hey S-F you should totally join the RP this time, just like the good old Dragon Cave days. Don't worry about the quality of writing and just have fun. Bring Vittora, I like her, she's pretty.

Also I've done 3 bios now and I keep meaning to make them shorter but they're getting longer instead oh god oh god

I can't really. This is my final year in high school and I need to revise for matura and those are some pretty life defining exams lol
#714 Posted: 22:34:40 27/01/2015
@S-F No worries!

@Darkrai well as I said, even just a couple of words to give a basic idea of a personality could count, if you don't think the dragon in question has a very interesting backstory.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#715 Posted: 03:10:10 28/01/2015
I really need to start writing bios for my Dragons more. /lazy
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#716 Posted: 03:16:06 28/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I guess I need to write bios now.
I have 0. I only ever put art in the info box, occasionally gene plans, too.
#717 Posted: 03:18:04 28/01/2015
I'm going to start picking out which dragons to use and try to write small blurbs for them.

So far I've got this guy, and this guy... kinda wanted to use the dragon I posted before, because he's a hilarious grumpy old fart, but I don't want all of my main characters to be Skydancers.
#718 Posted: 08:45:19 28/01/2015
Letting you guys have first dibs at some hatchlings. 10k each or 15 gems. Almost tempted to keep the first one. It's gorgeous X.X Really I think they both are, but I bred them to sell to you guys and don't need them.

[User Posted Image]
Carribean/Azure/Carmine Male

[User Posted Image]
Teal/Jade/Ice Male
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#719 Posted: 22:07:57 28/01/2015
By the way, who's starting the topic for this RP once it's ready to go, Darkrai again I'm assuming?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#720 Posted: 22:15:49 28/01/2015
@Seiki
That second one has a great tert.. but I'm still saving up for that lair expansion
Urgh, so much work for 5 slots.

@C-f
I dunno. I guess so. Somebody needs to summarize the plot in a more... serious way, though.
We also need to come up with rules, but I could easily just modify them from the last topic. Do we need character sheets, though?
#721 Posted: 22:27:48 28/01/2015
Probably no need for the character sheets, just name and lair link and such? Maybe information about your clan in general, also point out any dragons that aren't part of the clan (rogues) if you have any or something. For specific dragons we can just go to your profile and take a look at their bios.

I'd have a stab at the plot summary myself but I can't guarantee it'll be any good.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#722 Posted: 22:42:28 28/01/2015
Just a tiny little sheet would be nice, I think, just so that we don't have to click on a bunch of links whenever we want to review the characters. Something like this?

Name/Nickname:
Link to Dragon:
Familiar (optional, include gender):
Other:

'Other' could be used for interesting stuff, like if the dragon's a rogue or maybe a clan blacksmith.

I think you should have a go at the plot summary anyways, it couldn't be too bad.
#723 Posted: 22:46:52 28/01/2015
Okay, I will give it a go. Also that seems fine, perhaps specify that the link should be a link not an image? Images are handy but if we don't have a character limit this time we don't want the page clogged and confusing.

EDIT: Can we keep the plot point from last time where "everyone's in the same place and some randomer gets possessed by the shade"? I know there's an inter-flight war on so it seems unlikely that everyone would be in one place but maybe they're all at some kind of peace conference between various clans of different flights and your clan is invited (it doesn't work out because only our own dragons survive and the rest are either still angry at each other because the peace meeting didn't go ahead, or dead because of random Shade dragon)
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:04 28/01/2015 by Cynderfyre
#724 Posted: 22:55:42 28/01/2015
"Link to Dragon's Page", then?

Oh, oh, maybe we could use those little dragon avatars above the descriptions. Like this (I really hope the image works):

[User Posted Image]
Name/Nickname: teldryn
Link to Dragon: Link
Personality (brief description): snarky lil ****
Familiar: n/a
Other: complains a lot

EDIT: Can we keep the plot point from last time where "everyone's in the same place and some randomer gets possessed by the shade"? I know there's an inter-flight war on so it seems unlikely that everyone would be in one place but maybe they're all at some kind of peace conference between various clans of different flights and your clan is invited (it doesn't work out because only our own dragons survive and the rest are either still angry at each other because the peace meeting didn't go ahead, or dead because of random Shade dragon)

Yeah that'd be a good idea, it'd be a really long rp if everyone started in their own clan territories. Although I don't think the Shade situation has blown up to the point where they're affecting dragons... maybe somebody's familiar gets possessed instead?
#725 Posted: 23:00:24 28/01/2015
Good thinking.

Should we go with the head icons, or the thumbnails from on your clan page e.g.:
[User Posted Image]
Or just let people do whichever they want?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#726 Posted: 23:02:11 28/01/2015
Whatever people want is fine, since they're pretty much the same size.

i think the portraits are more fashionable though
#727 Posted: 23:09:36 28/01/2015
Yeah I think portraits sit nicely on top of the form, we'll go with that.

Quote: The intro
At the dusk of the last age, the inquisitive Arcanist made his way up, up the great pillar towards the skies. There he gazed out into the endless stars, in awe at the sight of asteroids and galaxies and nebulae... But something saw him.

The Shade plunged down over Sornieth with terrifying force. It shattered the piller, and from the broken fragments came the other gods. Shocked and enraged, they turned on each other almost as soon as they had emerged. That was when they created us, dragonkind, each species carved in the image of their deity and every dragon imbued with the elemental magic of the realm in which they were born. Soon, different species began to travel to other territories, and the rage and fighting between the flights started to subside.

But the Shade still crawled through the lands like seeping poison, and inevitably they would strike out in time. Not so long ago, the central points of each realm- the Spiral Keep, the Cloudsong, the Great Furnace, the Observatory and all the rest- were targeted by a violent, powerful force. Nobody knew who the attackers were, but rumours are circulating, and everybody has become suspicious of everybody else. The tensions have sparked intense warfare between the flights; matters are made worse by the Beastclans, who blame all of the dragons for their own strifes and are fighting back just as hard.

Your clan is trapped amid this turmoil. Whether they remain peaceful or join the military efforts for their flight, there is no avoiding how dangerous the world of Sornieth has become as of late... But was it really other dragons that lead the attack, or is something much more terrible at play? Unbeknownst to any of your clan, they are about to stumble upon the truth of the matter. Your leader and a few representatives of your clan have been called to a peace conference, where several clans from different flights are trying to arrange a truce. The meeting, to be held in the Dragonhome, is about to start when a somebody's Rambra wanders in...

"I told you, stay outside!" the dragon barks, but the Rambra doesn't listen for once. Its eyes are clouded black. It begins to convulse, and dark energy pours from its writhing body. Suddenly, you realise that everyone is in greater danger than anyone could have imagined.

Any alterations?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#728 Posted: 23:25:00 28/01/2015
That looks great! Somebody will need to roleplay the dragon and his Rambra, though. Or maybe that could be replaced by someone's character and their own familiar, if they're willing to let that familiar die...
#729 Posted: 23:27:14 28/01/2015
He's only in it for two seconds, we'll assume he dies when the Rambra shows up, so anyone can take over him for the minutes he's there.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#730 Posted: 23:33:52 28/01/2015
Alright, that works.

I don't think there's anything else we need for the rp, is there?
#731 Posted: 23:37:45 28/01/2015
Not that I can think of, nope.

Question though: how many characters are you personally planning to use?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#732 Posted: 23:38:57 28/01/2015
I haven't figured out who I want to use yet. I've picked two so far, not sure if I want more.
#733 Posted: 23:42:18 28/01/2015
Yeah, I've got 3 but there's a lot I could potentially include... 3 seems nice but then it feels incomplete without a few others. 4's not too bad right?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#734 Posted: 23:43:22 28/01/2015
Nope, that sounds fine, as long as you can handle 'em.
#735 Posted: 23:47:22 28/01/2015
I'm sure I can, even if 3 get used more than the 4th or something like that. I guess our other dragons can make cameos, right?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#736 Posted: 23:52:06 28/01/2015
Cameos should be fine. I actually just put a little note at the bottom relating to that.

Quote:
You can add characters any time you want. If a dragon from your lair is only making a small and temporary appearance, or is being referenced, you don't need to make a sheet, but you may want to link to them like so -

Quote: Example
"No, no," said Winterspell, shaking his head, "I have no idea what species of plant this is. Maybe Everlasting would know, if she were here."
#737 Posted: 23:53:19 28/01/2015
I like it.

I'm actually really excited to start this RP now.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#738 Posted: 23:53:22 28/01/2015
yo artists im off topic but i have a question

Does anyone have problems drawing characters/objects facing a specific direction? For example, I can draw dragons facing left side just fine, but when I try to draw them facing right side, I'm just so lost and have no idea what am I doing.

Am I alone?
#739 Posted: 23:57:36 28/01/2015
I like it.

I'm actually really excited to start this RP now.

I think I'll wait until Friday to start it. It's the end of the week, plus I have a French oral that day and I didn't practice at all rofl

Quote: Spyro-Fan

Does anyone have problems drawing characters/objects facing a specific direction? For example, I can draw dragons facing left side just fine, but when I try to draw them facing right side, I'm just so lost and have no idea what am I doing.

Am I alone?

I don't really have that problem, although I do tend to be more comfortable drawing things facing the right side.

You don't happen to be left-handed, do you?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:19 28/01/2015 by Darkrai Doll
#740 Posted: 23:58:07 28/01/2015
I'm sure that's a thing because whenever I draw things (I only doodle I'm not very good but still) I can only go with things looking towards the left for some reason...
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#741 Posted: 00:00:56 29/01/2015
I'm right-handed but apparently I hold my pencils as if I'm left-handed. :|
#742 Posted: 00:04:31 29/01/2015
I'd suggest flipping the picture horizontally if it's on the computer, but whenever I do that it looks weird.
#743 Posted: 00:07:56 29/01/2015
I got to the point where it no longer looks weird when I flip it but yeah. I can draw on paper and just flip it on PC but heck I wanna get to the next stage where I draw dragons interacting but **** me mate. XD
#744 Posted: 02:12:42 29/01/2015
Quote: Spyro-Fan

Am I alone?

I seem to only be capable of drawing faces at a 3/4 view. Doesn't matter which side. Though I suck at straight on.
---
#745 Posted: 02:58:19 29/01/2015
I can't really draw faces straight on. I have trouble making them symmetric.

Here's the roleplay topic, if you want to post your characters:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=113786
#746 Posted: 09:55:51 29/01/2015
I'm just good from profile for animals, 3/4 for humans, but straight faces are a *****.

I should probably get back to practice after I'm done with this book report. Ridiculous that I can't draw stuff facing right lol.
#747 Posted: 20:52:07 29/01/2015
For RP purposes, how do I start a random message to someone that basically says "I have your dragon's kid and I want to know all about your clan and stuff so I know where my dragon comes from"?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
First | Previous | Page 15 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me