Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Gay Marriage Debate *derailed to hell*
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Gay Marriage Debate *derailed to hell* [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 08:34:36 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Last time I said my opinion it was on gay marriage and people got ****ing pissed lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:24 28/12/2014 by zer0dch
#2 Posted: 08:40:42 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: zer0dch
Last time I said my opinion it was on gay marriage and people got ****ing pissed. lol

Yeah, because it was rude and something better kept to yourself.

I understand people don't like me because I think gay marriage is a sin and all but damn a few people really overreacted. I didn't attack anyone until they got pissed and I got pissed.

Jaggedstar in particular. She haunts every topi. I post in.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#3 Posted: 08:42:18 27/12/2014
Last time I said my opinion it was on gay marriage and people got ****ing pissed. lol

I understand people don't like me because I think gay marriage is a sin and all but damn a few people really overreacted. I didn't attack anyone until they got pissed and I got pissed.

So do you.
#4 Posted: 08:46:29 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
^what? I didn't know who jaggedstar was until she made a spyro plush topic. I hardly see her around.

You're just making a stupid claim.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#5 Posted: 08:47:46 27/12/2014
No I mean you do it to me, not her.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#6 Posted: 09:11:44 27/12/2014
Trix, you're over reacting chiiiiiilll

Quote: whirlwind fan
And you're not. Can't even let people say their opinions.

^Superb thank you Whirlwind.

Honestly Zero, I hope you get gnorc'd and learn how to not be an ass hole. Maybe I would yell at like a banshee when you ***** about anything.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#7 Posted: 09:14:09 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't get why I haven't been gnorc'd with everyone not liking me and myself getting into arguments and all...

I think a mod thinks I'm cool or **** idfk
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#8 Posted: 13:56:41 27/12/2014
I don't get why I haven't been gnorc'd with everyone not liking me and myself getting into arguments and all...

I think a mod thinks I'm cool or **** idfk

You're honestly more of a pest than a legitimate troll
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5415
#9 Posted: 20:06:18 27/12/2014
Last time I said my opinion it was on gay marriage and people got ****ing pissed lol

eh that wouldn't have happened if you weren't so disgustingly rude about it
---
BREATHE AIR.
#10 Posted: 20:26:53 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
:0

well **** guys sorry that my beliefs disappoint you --its just how I was raised and feel

I don't give a **** if you're gay but if you're a dude and you're gonna hit on me of course I'm going to feel uncomfortable

I know everyone hates me for it but i absolutely don't feel like its right for the same gender to get married. Maybe its cuz I came from a really strict household or something idfk I was raised on

No smoking
No alcohol
No piercings
No tattoo's
No goth/disturbing fashion
Same gender relationship being a sin/sends you to hell
And a lot of other things that were considered "pagan" and there were a **** load of movies I never got to see because of it (lol never seen harry potter films or anything horror related --considered ungodly in my household)

Idfk guys maybe its cuz of my dads strict rules and I miss him and don't want to disappoint him or if its just how I really feel.

Sorry for going off on a tangent there, I don't know how I can express why I don't approve of gay marriage. Its just ungodly one something.
#11 Posted: 20:30:55 27/12/2014
:0

well **** guys sorry that my beliefs disappoint you --its just how I was raised and feel

I don't give a **** if you're gay but if you're a dude and you're gonna hit on me of course I'm going to feel uncomfortable

I know everyone hates me for it but i absolutely don't feel like its right for the same gender to get married. Maybe its cuz I came from a really strict household or something idfk I was raised on

No smoking
No alcohol
No piercings
No tattoo's
No goth/disturbing fashion
Same gender relationship being a sin/sends you to hell
And a lot of other things that were considered "pagan" and there were a **** load of movies I never got to see because of it (lol never seen harry potter films or anything horror related --considered ungodly in my household)

Idfk guys maybe its cuz of my dads strict rules and I miss him and don't want to disappoint him or if its just how I really feel.

Sorry for going off on a tangent there, I don't know how I can express why I don't approve of gay marriage. Its just ungodly one something.

It's not wrong to HAVE those beliefs, but it's honestly wiser to be a bit more sensitive about those who disagree....Especially in this kind of environment....

And I'm not going to lie, it's very ironic that you talk about something being "sinful" and "ungodly," yet when you're interested in a girl, your primary motive seems to be sex. Just saying.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:28 27/12/2014 by Metallo
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#12 Posted: 20:31:12 27/12/2014
just because you were raised a certain way doesn't mean it's right, parents are just human
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#13 Posted: 20:49:20 27/12/2014
Being empathetic and capable of relating to both sides of an argument, here's what I have to say:

From what I remember, zer0dch was not "disgustingly rude" in expressing his disapproval of gay marriage. He only said people should have known by then that he believed it was wrong. That's all. He didn't say that it's disgusting, and that gays deserved to die, and from what I can see he doesn't hate people for being gay. He is not driven by hatred, so much as his strong religious beliefs. There's nothing wrong with that. Period. He's not a "homophobe" or a "bigot" for this, and anyone who would label him homophobic or hateful because of that is too sensitive. I don't oppose gay marriage, but having been exposed to a number of actually kind people who don't agree with it, I can completely understand where Zer0dch is coming from.

I agree that he should have kept that to himself, and absolutely should have avoided posting it in a topic that is about two gay users getting married. It's when he went to posting there that he came off as a pretentious asshole and got lashed out at.

Conclusion: Zer0dch's beliefs are not wrong or hateful, the problem is his desire to share them in a place that simply won't appreciate them for obvious reasons.
#14 Posted: 20:50:21 27/12/2014
I mean, you can't expect to say "Same sex marriage is ungodly" and be taken seriously when you just recently referred to a girl you barely know as a "hot piece of ass" and said that you hope some people "get buttraped in prison."
#15 Posted: 20:55:24 27/12/2014
Holy crap guys

I just realized something

zer0dch is just like Chris Chan
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#16 Posted: 21:19:21 27/12/2014
Once again one guy is a dick about something, explains after receiving hate, then people push them to believe what they do.

.... sigh
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3561
#17 Posted: 21:20:07 27/12/2014
zer0dch now has my respect.

It was pretty courageous of you to post all that, knowing nothing good is going to come out of it.

I disapprove of same sex marriage, but I'm not going to be a total dick and rub into my gay-lesbian friends. Or anybody. I just state my opinion, belief, or whatever, and then that's it. I'm not going into detail such as why, who taught me that, or other dumbass questions, but you can't change other people's opinions on a matter, sadly.

But then again, I have no grudge toward those who support or participating in same-sex marriage, I just simply don't find it...tolerable...nor am I going to force, or shove, my opinions into people's throats.

I believe people have a right to believe what they want, and if they don't share my opinions...well...let it be that way! smilie
---
My life is complete.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:44 27/12/2014 by MagicFizz
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#18 Posted: 21:21:58 27/12/2014
hey look it's the guy who got flamed last time
#19 Posted: 21:32:55 27/12/2014
Quote: Mrmorrises
He's not a "homophobe" or a "bigot" for this, and anyone who would label him homophobic or hateful because of that is too sensitive.

I would still label him as a homophobe since he opposes their rights for irrational reasons, which is no different from racism or sexism.

Granted homophobe isn't probably the right word, but it fits the bill nicely.

Well, to him it's a rational reason. To you, it's not. I'm not religious, so I don't find it rational, but I can understand why a strongly religious person like him would believe what he does. And it is different from racism and sexism; he is opposing it because the Bible condemns it as a sin, but the Bible isn't what motivates people to hold racist or sexist views.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#20 Posted: 21:38:00 27/12/2014
@zer0dch
Lmao people calling being gay ungodly and saying is an "opinion" is ****ing stupid
If I grew up in a racist household and I peacefully say "I don't like black people they are ungodly" or "I don't like when black people hit on me" dosen't make you any less of an ass and rude.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#21 Posted: 21:39:20 27/12/2014
You know what zer0dch has? The Freedom of speech.
#22 Posted: 21:41:17 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
@zer0dch
Lmao people calling being gay ungodly and saying is an "opinion" is ****ing stupid
If I grew up in a racist household and I peacefully say "I don't like black people they are ungodly" or "I don't like when black people hit on me" dosen't make you any less of an ass and rude.

wut sir
#23 Posted: 21:45:13 27/12/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: somePerson

Freedom of speech only makes it so that the government doesn't have the right to kill you for voicing your opinion. It doesn't stop people from disapproving of things you say.

True. ^_^
#24 Posted: 21:52:54 27/12/2014
Well, to him it's a rational reason. To you, it's not. I'm not religious, so I don't find it rational, but I can understand why a strongly religious person like him would believe what he does. And it is different from racism and sexism; he is opposing it because the Bible condemns it as a sin, but the Bible isn't what motivates people to hold racist or sexist views.

Still, it's just as bad as racism and sexism. They're people, they deserve equal rights.

And actually, the Bible did motivate people to hold racist and sexist views in some cultures.

And honestly, if you're going to believe everything a 2000 year old book says that's been mistranslated and misinterpreted so many times, then you're kind of ignorant, sorry.

I wouldn't say it's as bad as racism or sexism, but that's a different story.

I know some very kind people who aren't supporters of gay marriage due to their religious values, and I wouldn't say they're as bad as racists or sexists. They've even explained their views publicly, and I can understand them. I don't agree with them, but I understand them.

On that last bit, you mean generic "you," not me in particular, right? Cause I've clearly said that I wasn't religious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:17 27/12/2014 by Mrmorrises
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5415
#25 Posted: 22:01:22 27/12/2014
@zer0 not our business if you don't like gays/ particular races just discuss with due respect in a mannerly fashion or zip your lid
---
BREATHE AIR.
#26 Posted: 22:07:49 27/12/2014
I wouldn't say it's as bad as racism or sexism, but that's a different story.

I know some very kind people who aren't supporters of gay marriage due to their religious values, and I wouldn't say they're as bad as racists or sexists. They've even explained their views publicly, and I can understand them. I don't agree with them, but I understand them.

On that last bit, you mean generic "you," not me in particular, right? Cause I've clearly said that I wasn't religious.

I'd say it's as bad for certain reasons, but alright.

I don't mind if they're kind and they keep it to themselves, but I will not tolerate if they bring it up where it's not welcome.

I'm sure there are plenty of kind racist/sexist out there too. smilie

No, I didn't mean you.

My question is, if you'd go as far as labeling the guy who opposes gay marriage because of his religious beliefs, and isn't really prejudiced or hateful towards gay people a homophobe, what would you label the guy who just blindly hates gays and has words like "***" or "queer" nailed into his vocabulary.

Cause if you ask me, the only one who's a homophobe is the latter.
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#27 Posted: 22:24:45 27/12/2014

i dont really think someone can overreact to someone else telling then that the way they were born makes them not good enough
---
tubular
#28 Posted: 22:26:55 27/12/2014
He's not a "homophobe" or a "bigot" for this, and anyone who would label him homophobic or hateful because of that is too sensitive.

I would still label him as a homophobe since he opposes their rights for irrational reasons, which is no different from racism or sexism.

Granted homophobe isn't probably the right word, but it fits the bill nicely.

Sob story time.

Earlier this week, the love of my life told me she can't be with me because I'm an atheist.

We've been going back and forth for almost 2 years. She's NEVER had a huge problem with it. And now she brings it up.

I knew we were going to have to address it at some point. I knew it couldn't be delayed forever.

But it still hurts like hell.

I feel like I'm being punished for who I am and how I feel. It's tearing me apart. I wish I could just fall apart, break down and cry as I'm typing this. But I can't. You know why?

Because religion is serious to her, and to her, atheism is a rational reason to not be with me.

To zer0dch, unfortunately, religion is a rational reason for him to have that belief. It's not him having the belief that's wrong, it's just the way he expresses it that's wrong. But he can believe whatever he wants.
#29 Posted: 22:27:35 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Holy **** this is the most modding I've seen on this forum.
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#30 Posted: 22:27:57 27/12/2014
Quote: somePerson

yeah, they have the freedom to say that just as much as everyone else has the freedom to call them out for it

that's freedom of speech
---
tubular
#31 Posted: 22:34:33 27/12/2014
zer0dch, please explain why you say one thing is ungodly, yet seem to chase women only for sex and wish horrible things on anyone who inconveniences you.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8561
#32 Posted: 22:37:09 27/12/2014
Guys keep in mid that these post were split from the "well **** you honestly." topic TacoMakerSkys made. THANKS!
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:14 27/12/2014 by JCW555
#33 Posted: 22:41:16 27/12/2014
woahhhhhhh what the hell happened
---
My life is complete.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#34 Posted: 22:42:34 27/12/2014
Quote: JCW555
Guys keep in mid that these post were split from the "well **** you honestly." topic TacoMakerSkys made. THANKS!

who knew a topic could get so derailed
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#35 Posted: 22:43:07 27/12/2014
Quote: MagicFizz
woahhhhhhh what the hell happened

gordon ramsay shoved the pumpkin up our ****ing arse WHOLE, not diced
#36 Posted: 22:44:46 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo
zer0dch, please explain why you say one thing is ungodly, yet seem to chase women only for sex and wish horrible things on anyone who inconveniences you.

I didn't chase her for sex. I stated she had a hot ass. Doesn't imply that I'd only use her for sex or that I'd use her at all dumb ****. I genuinely wanted to ask her out.

And an inconvenience for me? Yeah, it could be. I didn't state that it was though. Anonymous/Lizard Squad DDOSing the PSN and XBL is awful. There are kids and other people who genuinely want to play their new console on Christmas or whatever day they got it. Crashing the PSN and XBL? For what? The lulz? Because it makes them feel empowered? Yeah, they're a bunch of assholes and deserve the punishment they get.

How about you read my damn post and take a reading comprehension test while you're at it, rather than attacking me for false claims you dumb ****.

Really? Where did I say I wanted the girl for sex? I said she had a hot ass and was cute, and that I felt bad for her and was crushing on her. Obviously I'm interested in the girl for more than "sex", despite her also being pretty good looking.

While we're at it, I never said it inconvenienced me at all. I'm just angry at the hacker groups because of all the people it affected and doing it for no other purpose but to make themselves feel powerful and happy.
#37 Posted: 22:48:05 27/12/2014

I didn't chase her for sex. I stated she had a hot ass. Doesn't imply that I'd only use her for sex or that I'd use her at all dumb ****. I genuinely wanted to ask her out.

And an inconvenience for me? Yeah, it could be. I didn't state that it was though. Anonymous/Lizard Squad DDOSing the PSN and XBL is awful. There are kids and other people who genuinely want to play their new console on Christmas or whatever day they got it. Crashing the PSN and XBL? For what? The lulz? Because it makes them feel empowered? Yeah, they're a bunch of assholes and deserve the punishment they get.

How about you read my damn post and take a reading comprehension test while you're at it, rather than attacking me for false claims you dumb ****.

Really? Where did I say I wanted the girl for sex? I said she had a hot ass and was cute, and that I felt bad for her and was crushing on her. Obviously I'm interested in the girl for more than "sex", despite her also being pretty good looking.

While we're at it, I never said it inconvenienced me at all. I'm just angry at the hacker groups because of all the people it affected and doing it for no other purpose but to make themselves feel powerful and happy.

Regardless of what you meant, just listen to your choice of vocabulary, and exactly how you're stating it. Do you think your God is happy with you right now?
#38 Posted: 22:48:24 27/12/2014
Don't think the Government should be involved in marriage really.
#39 Posted: 22:49:39 27/12/2014

Regardless of what you meant, just listen to your choice of vocabulary, and exactly how you're stating it. Do you think your God is happy with you right now?

lol wow

totally avoiding the argument by pointing out vocabulary

im sorry but that was a total dick move
---
My life is complete.
#40 Posted: 22:50:01 27/12/2014 | Topic Creator

As happy as whatever your belief is laughing at your dumb false claims, yeah.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me