Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > How many episodes of a show do you have to watch to give a proper opinion?
Page 1 of 1
How many episodes of a show do you have to watch to give a proper opinion? [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#1 Posted: 21:20:01 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
How many episodes of a show do you have to watch to give a proper opinion? Just something I've always been wondering to myself.
Opinions?
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#2 Posted: 21:27:45 18/12/2014
I usually watch a few episodes past the pilot. Orphan Black is a perfect example - The pilot was just okay, but once I hit about episode 3 or 4, I just binge-watched the entire first season.
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#3 Posted: 04:47:25 19/12/2014
I usually wait till I've watched the entire show until I give a proper opinion, or at least the first season, depending on how many seasons the show has.
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#4 Posted: 13:43:31 20/12/2014
Basically, if I randomly pass an episode of something and it looks good, I find out how to watch it somewhere else. If I still like it, then I still watch it. This may sound weird, but this was how I found Mixels.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#5 Posted: 13:59:41 20/12/2014
Depends, just started watching RWYB, and I like it already.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
UltraLobStar Green Sparx Gems: 327
#6 Posted: 19:14:39 20/12/2014
I don't know, but I prefer to watch at least half a season.
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#7 Posted: 00:03:23 21/12/2014
Normally I will watch the first 10 episodes at least, since the first episode you really can't judge since it might start off slow. An example i an think of is Dragon Ball Z Kai, I watched the first episode and didn't like it, watched a few more to be sure and now it's pretty interesting. For some reason I stopped watching it, think i forgot about it, I should start watching it again I only watched like the first 15 episodes or so i think.

Normally if i see a show somewheres that looks interesting i try it, like on a commercial or something. But dragon ball z was suggested to me by a friend.
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:20 21/12/2014 by Fossildude747
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#8 Posted: 07:13:28 22/12/2014
Usually if a show doesn't really interest me within four episodes or so then I drop it (unless I read several people online state that the particular show just has a slow beginning and will get better, then it depends), though it should be noted that I don't watch a lot of television at all. Heck, even if a show does kind of interest me, I tend to stop watching before I reach the end, depending on how long it is. If I do get into a series that is super long, then I tend to watch a few episodes a day and take multiple breaks in between.

I just find it difficult to sit in one place for hours on end doing nothing but watching something unless it really grips me. I prefer watching a nice movie and playing a game that isn't always high maintenance (Tomb Raider or Spyro for PS1 for example) so I can do both at the same time.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:13:52 22/12/2014 by LevanJess
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#9 Posted: 12:39:46 22/12/2014
smiliesmiliesmilie

-----
---
My life is complete.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 13:29:02 22/12/2014
Quote: LevanJess
Usually if a show doesn't really interest me within four episodes or so then I drop it (unless I read several people online state that the particular show just has a slow beginning and will get better, then it depends), though it should be noted that I don't watch a lot of television at all. Heck, even if a show does kind of interest me, I tend to stop watching before I reach the end, depending on how long it is. If I do get into a series that is super long, then I tend to watch a few episodes a day and take multiple breaks in between.

I just find it difficult to sit in one place for hours on end doing nothing but watching something unless it really grips me. I prefer watching a nice movie and playing a game that isn't always high maintenance (Tomb Raider or Spyro for PS1 for example) so I can do both at the same time.

This. Though if it's a show with an active overarching plot, I ususally try to watch at least one season. And usually I try to watch the most adored episodes if I still think what I saw had some interesting aspects.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#11 Posted: 23:59:20 22/12/2014
It depends on the show. Some shows take only one episode for it to get interesting, while others take like, half of the show to finally get good, and when it finally gets good it makes the first half worth watching. If I know beforehand a that the show is boring at first but is good later on, then I will be patient and keep watching. Steins Gate is a perfect example. :\

So I guess it takes me at least half of the season to decide whether to drop it or not.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:07 23/12/2014 by DarkCynder_543
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#12 Posted: 16:29:52 25/12/2014
Usually, the pilot is all it takes to get me into or out of watching a TV series.

However, I find half a season is usually a good indication of what it's about and where it may be going. Episodic TV series are harder since production for episode to episode in some series changes frequently and you may get a director/writer etc you may like and others you don't.

Again, with episodic TV shows, you should still watch them in order of production since some stories, characters and other aspects of the show may change over time and watching later seasons may seem confusing.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#13 Posted: 19:03:22 25/12/2014
I do research on the best and worst episodes based on people's opinion, then I watched them in random order and give my verdict and decide wether is worth seeing or not.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#14 Posted: 06:42:10 27/12/2014
If it's a show with an ongoing story, I'll watch the first few episodes. If it's a show that doesn't really connect itself together, I'll watch one or two episodes at most.

To be honest though, the only TV shows I really watch are Gravity Falls and the occasional Mythbusters. I don't watch much TV.
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#15 Posted: 03:55:44 30/12/2014
Theoretically the pilot of a show is meant to draw people in. I usually watch the first episode or 2 and if I don't like it i drop it
---
tumblr
not yr babe
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#16 Posted: 02:25:23 31/12/2014
Just a few episodes, sometimes the whole season if I don't get bored.
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#17 Posted: 18:27:05 31/12/2014
About 3 or 4 because by then you get used to the characters and the setting and the story has hopefully become clear so you can fully enjoy it. Normally, in the first season especially, the first couple of episodes are more about setting the scene and introducing characters and the storyline than actually getting into the storyline, so I don't normally make an opinion immediately. Some of my favorite shows started off with me not being that interested.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#18 Posted: 00:15:44 12/01/2015
the pilot and the first five episodes.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#19 Posted: 14:06:21 16/01/2015
2 or 3 episodes, but sometimes going with the "best" episode works too.

I watched 2 episodes of Futurama and then I was hooked. I also watched the "best" episode of Star Trek: Voyager, and didn't enjoy it, so I just skipped out on the series.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me