Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A HUGE Kick in the Jimmies... [CLOSED]
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#1 Posted: 04:05:34 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I was just informed by the manager at my local Toys R Us(Waterloo, Iowa) a few minutes ago that the store is closing it's doors at the end of January and they're not receiving any more stock of anything.

This explains the drought of new and replacement stock of Skylanders.

SOB!!! @#$&!!! @#$&!!! @#$&!!!

The nearest TRU will be in Cedar Rapids. An hour away.

Did I say @#$& yet??? @#$&!!! @#$&!!! @#$&!!!
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:55 18/12/2014 by INTIMIDAT3R
Milla4Prez66 Green Sparx Gems: 101
#2 Posted: 04:08:31 18/12/2014
It sounds like Target may be selling the new elements on the 21st as well.
#3 Posted: 04:48:15 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Milla4Prez66

Wait, what? You lost me.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#4 Posted: 05:15:38 18/12/2014
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
Quote: Milla4Prez66

Wait, what? You lost me.

They mean Target may be selling the light and dark adventure packs on the 21st. But i get what you mean, its not just the new adventure packs showing up there that is frustrating to you. Its future releases and tru exclusives that you may have to miss out on due to ur store closing
---
Praise Helix!!!
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3666
#5 Posted: 05:30:35 18/12/2014
I was just informed by the manager at my local Toys R Us(Waterloo, Iowa) a few minutes ago that the store is closing it's doors at the end of January and they're not receiving any more stock of anything.

This explains the drought of new and replacement stock of Skylanders.

I would just be thankful that your TRU has lasted this long. Mine in Northern WI closed a little over 2 years ago. Closest is now 90 min away in the Twin Cities.
Milla4Prez66 Green Sparx Gems: 101
#6 Posted: 05:40:02 18/12/2014
I assumed you were bummed that your TRU would not get in any new Skylanders such as the element expansions because of closing.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#7 Posted: 13:28:05 18/12/2014
That really sucks, I'm sorry, but i'm sure you'll figure out what to do in terms of the exclusives and what not.

Also... a fellow member in WI. Hi lol
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 13:51:32 18/12/2014
My closest TRU has always been about an hour away. That's meant a lot of early morning and late night drives for Skylanders. :(
cstall04 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#9 Posted: 14:31:34 18/12/2014
The closest one for me is over an hour away! I've always ordered from them if I'm looking for their special variants.
#10 Posted: 00:23:23 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Howdy SkyScratch!!!

I bet we've run into each other a time or two when out hunting Skylanders in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area.

Saturday night I'm headed to TRU at midnight just in case they do get Wave 3.

If not, I'll be headed to Cedar Rapids from there if they didn't.

Maybe we can get together sometime and play some Skylanders or play something else online if Mediacom ever gets our development wired for internet.

Don't expect me to play Halo or Call of Duty or othe games like that online. I'm cannon fodder in those. I do like playing those in co-op mode.

However I can hold my own in the Rainbow Six games and my avatar in those games runs around in bright green and black armor and with Peter Criss' make-up on my face.

Here's a YouTube video I made several years ago. I'm wearing black armor though... Rainbow Six 2 Easy ACES: http://youtu.be/yG7oWGoJVKs

Having no internet sucks!!! I'm missing the online play.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:39:46 19/12/2014 by INTIMIDAT3R
#11 Posted: 00:54:14 19/12/2014
Howdy SkyScratch!!!

I bet we've run into each other a time or two when out hunting Skylanders in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area.

Saturday night I'm headed to TRU at midnight just in case they do get Wave 3.

If not, I'll be headed to Cedar Rapids from there if they didn't.

Maybe we can get together sometime and play some Skylanders or play something else online if Mediacom ever gets our development wired for internet.

Don't expect me to play Halo or Call of Duty or othe games like that online. I'm cannon fodder in those. I do like playing those in co-op mode.

However I can hold my own in the Rainbow Six games and my avatar in those games runs around in bright green and black armor and with Peter Criss' make-up on my face.

Here's a YouTube video I made several years ago. I'm wearing black armor though... Rainbow Six 2 Easy ACES: http://youtu.be/yG7oWGoJVKs

Having no internet sucks!!! I'm missing the online play.

I doubt we've run into each other, I live in the fox cities, lol.
But no worries I dont like that crap, i spend most of my time on jrpgs
#12 Posted: 01:20:27 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
You're right.

I saw WI I'm your comments and thought it was WL. LOL
---
#13 Posted: 01:22:49 19/12/2014
I just had to point it out, I dont meet many people from WI online so its exciting for me.
#14 Posted: 04:04:02 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Well I just walked out of the Toys R Us here in my town.

I can rest easy now, the store manager said that they do have the boxes of the wave 3 Skylanders and the light and dark expansion packs but they are not allowed to sell them till Sunday morning at 12:01 a.m..

So the manager said that she would save one of everything back for me so when I come in at 1201 I can be in and out in 5 minutes.

On a side note, the Skylanders came via UPS cuz they're getting no more trucks from the warehouse since they're closing in January.

It's sad to see the store close. My buddy and I took my daughter here for the grand opening. She got to meet Jeffery, Barbie, Sonic, and a host of other characters that were there.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 04:08:08 19/12/2014
How long did the store stay in business? My local community is filled with tombstones of failed businesses...some of which I gave good business to.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#16 Posted: 04:23:53 19/12/2014 | Topic Creator
If memory serves me correctly, they opened in 1994.

My daughter got such a kick out of meeting all the characters.

I have to admit, my buddy and I had a blast too. LOL
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me