Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > WAVE 3 CORES AND TRAP MASTERS at TRU 12-21-2014
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
WAVE 3 CORES AND TRAP MASTERS at TRU 12-21-2014 [CLOSED]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#101 Posted: 01:04:15 22/12/2014
Quote: defpally
UncleBob is right here, that message makes it clear that retailers are getting smart and sharing return information. It isn't just TRU, but returns you make in several stores that is resulting in flags. Sounds like TRU just implemented it in the mentioned Sept/Oct. timeframe. Stores are becoming more wary of people leveraging return policies across multiple stores, because if someone tends to abuse the policy at one store, they obviously do it elsewhere. Being mad at TRU isn't going to help, because it isn't just them.

What people don't really understand is there is quite a bit of return abuse going on. Stores want people to shop worry free, but they get wary of people that take advantage of things. Slayer, I'm sorry if I am mistaken, but I could have sworn it was you that bought a Series 2 Wrecking Ball and a Series 2 Spyro from a Target a couple years back and returned it after unlocking the heroic - it sticks out because I remember a debate about it. Maybe it wasn't you, but it was a discussion and the person said they had done it before.

Naw not me, i see no point in doing this just to unlock things, i can wait for that. As for heroics ive only done them all on 4 chars as i never had the time to.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#102 Posted: 02:48:24 22/12/2014
Out of curiosity....how many returns got you flagged?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#103 Posted: 13:51:14 22/12/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

That's a tough question for him to answer, because apparently TRU is now using a service that tracks a person across multiple stores. The way I gather it, it seems to be sort of a "credit rating" type thing. You could conceivably make a single return at TRU and get banned due to excessive returns at another store that uses that service.

Now, I think this is fairly new and they are probably testing out effective levels, because I think you are going to see big backlash if they have stores that ban after one return. Whatever their formula is it will likely be closely guarded like credit rating formulas as a trade secret and constantly evolving. If they go too severe they risk losing customers, too lenient and they risk being taken advantage of - it's a balancing act.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:51:57 22/12/2014 by defpally
#104 Posted: 03:28:35 23/12/2014

2nd ban was 1 return.. 3 if you count other stores
1st ban would be like 10-12 for the year from jan 2014 to sept between all stores.

Quote: defpally

That's a tough question for him to answer, because apparently TRU is now using a service that tracks a person across multiple stores. The way I gather it, it seems to be sort of a "credit rating" type thing. You could conceivably make a single return at TRU and get banned due to excessive returns at another store that uses that service.

Now, I think this is fairly new and they are probably testing out effective levels, because I think you are going to see big backlash if they have stores that ban after one return. Whatever their formula is it will likely be closely guarded like credit rating formulas as a trade secret and constantly evolving. If they go too severe they risk losing customers, too lenient and they risk being taken advantage of - it's a balancing act.

"You could conceivably make a single return at TRU and get banned due to excessive returns at another store that uses that service."

See here is the issue I am not making excessive returns I don't think 10 returns from jan to sept is excessive and this is between all stores not just tru. I think something is not being tracked correctly at all.

See between Sept and Dec ive made 2 returns at stores other then TRU and one at TRu this friday which rebanned me. So ya i'm so lost on this. The only thing I can think of is the stuff prior to Sept is causing my to be flagged again, but take into account this 1 return i'm at like 11 total between all stores.

As for my wife she doesn't even shop at tru much other then to get gifts for my sons bday party, she returned some sand play thing and was flagged. At walmart she uses cash to use her mother discount and she doesn't like target so i'm so lost here.

I received my RAR report today but I cant open it on my cell, so once I have time Im going to review this and see if maybe something is on their that isn't surpose to be or something.

Seems Im not the only one:
http://www.returnsandrefunds.com/Toys%20R%20Us/Returns
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:40:53 23/12/2014 by SlayerX11
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#105 Posted: 05:03:15 23/12/2014
Well, I doubt very seriously that services "forgets" your history once your first ban is over. And quantity may not be as important and amount. I'm sure they have an algorithm on how they figure out when the service gets outweighed over return loss. When you make a return, it knows what else you bought, what you have returned and what you bought at other times along with other returns. And if I had my guess they track at least part of your credit card number (they cannot store the whole thing without your approval) and figure out what you buy.

It's kind of like fraud detection on credit cards. They have algorithms that flag certain practices that are indicative of fraud, mainly since they are on the hook for charges beyond a certain point. They false flags purchases at times, but you would be surprised at how many they catch. You may not be guilty of things, but apparently whatever you returned and the way you returned it flagged you. Or maybe their algorithm indicates your business is not worth the trouble of your returns. Who knows, another advantage of a third party service is they can blame them for the flag (even though they contracted them and set up the parameters). In the end, you don't know why and they aren't going to tell you - because if they let people know what they look for then people could find a way around it.

Not saying I necessarily like the impersonal part of it, but corporations are always looking for way to cut costs.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:27 23/12/2014 by defpally
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#106 Posted: 05:56:09 23/12/2014
Quote: SlayerX11
At walmart she uses cash to use her mother discount[...]

Wow. Risking her mother's job to save a few bucks and rip off another company? Man, I really don't feel sorry your wife getting banned from TRU returns at this point. Sounds like some Karma to me.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#107 Posted: 15:10:41 23/12/2014
Retailers did their job? It's called Darwinism. My .02...10 returns in nine months is excessive and worthy of a "trend" for them to notice...not trying to pass judgement on person doing it just saying it's all part of it.

When I went to buy my wife's iPad 2 Air I was denied. As soon as I called, I was asked to confirm the transaction. It was kinda embarrassing at the register like that, but totally agree with their need to cut transactions that are deemed "risky" to them. You have to admit the heuristics to analyze this in real sub micro second time and pass judgement before the transaction is accepted is kinda amazing.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:13:50 23/12/2014 by GhostRoaster
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#108 Posted: 18:53:42 23/12/2014
Quote: crstofer
My question is "whats with ALL the returns" ? Having worked in the retail market and have seen all the fraudulent purchases and returns for the various reasons, retailers have decided to wise up and share information regarding these and put a limit to the amount in regards to the number and dollar amount. I totally agree ! These cause for higher demand and price for these items, as well as cause the retailers whats called shrink and damages if the item cant be resold for profit. Plain and simple.. "Just STOP the "okie doke" with the buying and returning! "and there wouldn't be any bans. Also, if your banned then thats pretty excessive.."You think? "

Let's get back to the great job "TRU" put forth to get these just in time for Xmas for the lil "BIG"ones !! LOL ! Admit it, u bought these for ya-self?

I wholeheartedly agree with the excessive returns being monitored...as a retailer, I would see a chronic returner as an undesirable customer. However, I do not think a person should be dinged or monitored for price adjustments or doing a return/rebuy since it's a better price within the timeframe for returns that a store allows. A simple price adjustment function in the sales system coded differently than returns would help stores separate returners vs price adjusters. A customer should not have to be banned for wanting the best price as that's being an educated and cost-conscious consumer. They should be banned for returns "just because they changed their mind" too much or return chronically because the item they bought to resell/scalp on EBay would no longer net them a profit.
#109 Posted: 20:13:50 23/12/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: SlayerX11
At walmart she uses cash to use her mother discount[...]

Wow. Risking her mother's job to save a few bucks and rip off another company? Man, I really don't feel sorry your wife getting banned from TRU returns at this point. Sounds like some Karma to me.

Naw, its more the other way around and its mostly for our son. Again this is not an everyday sort of thing, its actually mostly for clothes and school stuff, even if we refused she wouldnt hear of it. My fault for even bringing it up. Walmart rips off ppl so I don't blame her.

Anyways, i got my report has everything from sept to present. However i didn't realize that our day 1 of disney infinity is in here, we had to get the items fixed at midnight the deals weren't coming up correctly. So ya that was a $300 return/rebuy so i think i found whats causing this. I completely forgot about that, and it still being here I think is the problem.

I guess my whole thing with this was. TRU holds alot of memoeries for me, it was my go to place as a kid and i even worked in one from 16 to 18 before my store closed, so I guess I took a BAN on returns as a hurtful thing. Ya i guess its stupid smilie

Happy Holidays All smilie My santa bring you the skylanders of your dreams.

So how are the dark/light packs, is the adventure long or short?
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 20:41:09 23/12/2014 by SlayerX11
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me