Page 1 of 1
Trap Masters, Giants size
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#1 Posted: 21:45:19 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
How come the Giants' elusive "Giant Size" was taken away from them with Trap masters with Giant height?
The trap masters are cool but I felt like the giant should dwarf everyone else..
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 21:48:41 17/12/2014
I think the same, after all they are GIANTS.

I remember seeing the commercials for Giants, and getting so excited, but then disappointed when I played in-game :/

The Trap masters feel like Giants 2.0,
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#3 Posted: 21:51:24 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Ya I wish the trap masters were like medium skylanders
mini, core, trap master, GIANT.

Just because they moved on to a new game, it shouldn't take away from the giants.
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 22:02:55 17/12/2014
Yes, the most of the figures are just a little smaller, or the same size, and that bugs me...
But in-game, they are quite smaller.

Don't let the poses and big weapons trick you.

If Blastermind was with the feet on the base, and Tuff Luck didn't had such an "open" pose, they would be almost the same size of the Swappers. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#5 Posted: 22:15:33 17/12/2014
No one said Trap Masters are not actually Giants with additional purpose. Maybe they are Giants, there might have been more than we knew about previously.

But yeah, Swappers are much bigger figures but they show up about regular size in game. That was explainable by the swapping mechanic needing to be big enough to work effectively. I guess they just wanted to make a new "premium" figure line and giving them clear weapons wasn't viewed as good enough (correctly, in my opinion). The thing that bothers me is that we have what are essentially more expensive Giants (MSRP went up), but they don't have lightcore - and you can't tell me translucent weapons are equivalent expense to LED circuitry/design.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#6 Posted: 22:47:09 17/12/2014
I don't care about the figure sizes. The giants are still bigger and stronger in game, and that's what really matters to me.
#7 Posted: 22:49:51 17/12/2014
Quote: defpally
No one said Trap Masters are not actually Giants with additional purpose. Maybe they are Giants, there might have been more than we knew about previously.

But yeah, Swappers are much bigger figures but they show up about regular size in game. That was explainable by the swapping mechanic needing to be big enough to work effectively. I guess they just wanted to make a new "premium" figure line and giving them clear weapons wasn't viewed as good enough (correctly, in my opinion). The thing that bothers me is that we have what are essentially more expensive Giants (MSRP went up), but they don't have lightcore - and you can't tell me translucent weapons are equivalent expense to LED circuitry/design.

No, they aren't the same.

Absolutely, they should have made the weapon lightcores, and made them light-up according to the game (when fighting a trappable villain, opening a Gate or shattering a Traptanium cluster).

That would have justified the price.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#8 Posted: 23:08:29 17/12/2014
We'll krypt king was originally a prototype for eye brawl
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#9 Posted: 23:08:52 17/12/2014
I like how Krypt King is taller then Eye-Brawl because Krypt King was suppost to be the undead giant.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#10 Posted: 23:34:07 17/12/2014
Come to think of it, all the Swap Force Skylanders are much shorter and yet still taller than core Skylanders.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#11 Posted: 02:49:38 18/12/2014
I think Toys for Bob just doesn't care about character proportions for the Skylanders.

The some of the Swap Force Skylanders(core and swap force) were the same height as someone like Flynn or Tessa in Swap Force, but in Trap Team they were shrunk down.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 03:23:29 18/12/2014
Proportions of characters seems to be revolving door problem from one game to the next...doesn't help when the physical proportions don't map out consistently as previously discussed.

No one REALLY got an answer to the question as to "why no lightcores" and why not give Trap Masters lightcore capabilities....sounds like an obvious way to "cheap out" and "maximize profits"...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#13 Posted: 06:42:58 18/12/2014
At least the Giants are still taller than the Trap Masters in game.
#14 Posted: 10:34:47 18/12/2014
Quote: spyrocrash
I think Toys for Bob just doesn't care about character proportions for the Skylanders.

The some of the Swap Force Skylanders(core and swap force) were the same height as someone like Flynn or Tessa in Swap Force, but in Trap Team they were shrunk down.

Actually, the NPC's are bigger.
The Skylanders are the same size. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#15 Posted: 13:09:28 18/12/2014
Only thing that gets me, the Trap weapons make storage awkward.
- Unreall
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#16 Posted: 15:56:14 18/12/2014
Swop Force were pretty big too . I dont see why "specials" cannot be core size . I suppose in game they are smaller then giants ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#17 Posted: 16:17:03 18/12/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Swop Force were pretty big too . I dont see why "specials" cannot be core size . I suppose in game they are smaller then giants ?

Well, Giants have to be giant, Swappers need to be big, because their parts would be too small, to be swapped correctly (not to mention that a baby could swallow them, even if traps are way smaller) and Trap Masters are jailers, so, they kinda "need" to be tough.

That being said, I guess they use the size excuse to make gimmick characters cost more.
If only Trap Masters had lightcore parts on them...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#18 Posted: 16:29:37 18/12/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Proportions of characters seems to be revolving door problem from one game to the next...doesn't help when the physical proportions don't map out consistently as previously discussed.

No one REALLY got an answer to the question as to "why no lightcores" and why not give Trap Masters lightcore capabilities....sounds like an obvious way to "cheap out" and "maximize profits"...

I personally think the lightcore concept, while cool, didn't turn out as they hoped. They really weren't all that popular - especially since in Giants they were just reposes of other characters released that year. With Swap Force at least they got a little wise and made some figures that didn't have poses that year - including two that had been missing since SSA. Hex has proven to be a thorn in the side of stores, TRU can't literally give them away - recently they gave you two free traps if you bought her and it still didn't dent their stock. I still have two unopened from various promotions.

Secondly, I personally think they had failure issues with them. Pop Fizz, as we know, didn't come out in his original lightcore pose - possibly due to it being reduced to one light from two (but others had 2/3) or possibly due to manufacturing issues to make figures with channels for wiring. They also had many figures with lights go defective - so that could also be a factor. For example, my regular Crusher no longer lights up. Reading here, I don't think it is an uncommon problem.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#19 Posted: 17:06:54 18/12/2014
I think Lightcores were just 'a company shooting themselves in the foot with decisions'.

the idea was good. the execution was 'cool'.

But they were nothign but REPOSES. There was never a reason to get a lightcore unless you wanted Whamshell and didn't want to drop $20 on'em via eBay.

Apparently the light/dark are lightcores - THAT not only thematically makes sense, but they are NEW figures.

Why was there a lightcore Bumbleblast at the end of SF when you already had Bubmleblast and a variant? Why did Smolderdash get a lightcore? Instead, her CORE should have simply been a lightcore.
-Unreall
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#20 Posted: 18:32:46 18/12/2014
^Which is why I think lightcores should be a technology in their gimmick landers, not a WHOLE OTHER character or repose that doesn't have path swapping. It's an assistive technology to help sell MORE EXPENSIVE TOYS, which makes perfect sense for gimmicklanders. It's absolutely useless in any other context.

And hence, why I'm confused as to WHY Trap Masters are more expensive. Size is all they have. At least Giants had lightcore and Swap Force and swappers had a swapping mechanic.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:34:25 18/12/2014 by GhostRoaster
#21 Posted: 20:23:08 18/12/2014
Well, as I just found out - lightcore technology didn't completely take the year off this year. Both the Sunscraper Spire and Midnight Museum adventure set pieces are lightcores. The whole base lights up on the Light piece and the jewel up top lights up on the Dark piece. The Trap Masters, however, are not lightcore.
#22 Posted: 22:36:20 18/12/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
^Which is why I think lightcores should be a technology in their gimmick landers, not a WHOLE OTHER character or repose that doesn't have path swapping. It's an assistive technology to help sell MORE EXPENSIVE TOYS, which makes perfect sense for gimmicklanders. It's absolutely useless in any other context.

And hence, why I'm confused as to WHY Trap Masters are more expensive. Size is all they have. At least Giants had lightcore and Swap Force and swappers had a swapping mechanic.

Absolutely this.

Lightcore Trap Master would TOTALLY be woth their price.

Regular Trap Masters...? Cool, but... Eeeh...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me