Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Quick question [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 04:14:01 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I never come to this section, but I have a question that is hopefully easy to answer.

I work in the Home electronics dept. at my store, and the first things kids rush to are the Skylanders. I don't know anything about Skylanders except for how they work. I feel awful for the moms and grandma's who come in looking for a specific one that we don't have...

What stores tend to sell a majority of them? I was thinking Toys 'R Us might? I haven't been there since I was a kid though. I usually just recommend ordering through Amazon if we don't have the product...
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#2 Posted: 04:26:53 17/12/2014
You made an account for this?
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#3 Posted: 04:30:45 17/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LightStarStrike

Are you stupid?

Look at my join date. Hell, this is my second account. I've been posting here since 2007. I specifically came to this section of the forum (which I stated --I never come to this section) to ask a question.

Also, what would be wrong in creating a forum account to ask a question like this? You just look like a moron asking that.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 04:53:07 17/12/2014
TRU usually, they have the most variants and variety.
Second best is Target, never point them to Gamestop/Best Buy
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#5 Posted: 04:58:21 17/12/2014
Quote: Windumup
TRU usually, they have the most variants and variety.
Second best is Target, never point them to Gamestop/Best Buy

This for sure, in that order also.. However, I would like to point out that best buy has wave 3 trap masters, but wouldn't sell them to me today when I tried to check out!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 05:06:03 17/12/2014
I don't consider Best Buy a "bad" place, just poor selection. You also shouldn't rule out Gamestop, as they have a significant skylander buy back program. If they want a character for a game that most stores do not stock, I would definitely send them over to gamestop for that. Granted they are used, but might be nice for some of those hard to find guys from the first two games.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:06:41 17/12/2014 by GhostRoaster
IWHBYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1274
#7 Posted: 07:01:14 17/12/2014
Quote: zer0dch

Are you stupid?

Look at my join date. Hell, this is my second account. I've been posting here since 2007. I specifically came to this section of the forum (which I stated --I never come to this section) to ask a question.

Also, what would be wrong in creating a forum account to ask a question like this? You just look like a moron asking that.

Unfortunately that's what you get 95% of the time with the kids on this forum. In my experience TRU has the biggest selection, your mileage at Wal-Mart and Target will vary.
---
Latest Purchases: http://i.imgur.com/jD6ExG4.jpg
Owner of every Skylander released including variants all brand new in box.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 14:50:44 17/12/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
I don't consider Best Buy a "bad" place, just poor selection. You also shouldn't rule out Gamestop, as they have a significant skylander buy back program. If they want a character for a game that most stores do not stock, I would definitely send them over to gamestop for that. Granted they are used, but might be nice for some of those hard to find guys from the first two games.

But lets be honest, the kids dont want the used resold characters for christmas. Just the newest ones

Also Zerodch mention that TRU is getting the the new and "rare" Sunscraper Spire and Midnight Museum on December 21st. And that it will be hard to get if they don't get it day one
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#9 Posted: 16:25:12 17/12/2014
Quote:
But lets be honest, the kids dont want the used resold characters for christmas.

I dunno if they can get multiple skylanders for the price of a new in the box one .......
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 16:45:32 17/12/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
But lets be honest, the kids dont want the used resold characters for christmas.

I dunno if they can get multiple skylanders for the price of a new in the box one .......

For Christmas, though, they don't care about cost. But they do like opening new things. Maybe if you were creative in how you gave them to them (like say hidden in another box, in a stocking, etc.), it may work, depending on your child. But a lot of kids want to see it in the package so they can be the one to open it. I finally got my son a Boomer (it was the last of the SSA figures he needed) at his last birthday, but I had to buy it used. I got creative by putting it in a giant plastic egg I had leftover from Easter. He thought it was fun to open the egg, but he cared more about the newly packaged stuff more (or maybe it was because they were the newer figures).
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#11 Posted: 16:49:25 17/12/2014
Toy's R Us is probably the best place to go. Also used game stores like GamesStop and Game Xchange has some used if they are just getting started with the game.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#12 Posted: 22:54:58 17/12/2014

Yes..
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 23:07:59 17/12/2014
For selection, you go to Toys R Us. Period. End of Story.

If you are less picky, Best Buy or Target can be good at a better price, particularly with a Red Card or Gamer's Club.

Gamestop is ok, sometimes you can find a hard to find one there, but it is hit or miss. Middle of the road pricing.

Walmart also has decent prices, but half their stock is usually falling apart or taped together. Don't expect anyone to be able to really help you if you don't find it right away. Figures are in four or five places - toy section, electronics, seasonal, end cap or stand up display - check them all because they almost certainly have different selections.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#14 Posted: 00:04:28 18/12/2014
My person order of preference.

Toys R Us-->Target-->Gamestop-->Best Buy-->Walmart

While Walmart has good variety most people that work there are complete idiots. And when I say that I'm not just talking about when it comes to Skylanders.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#15 Posted: 00:13:05 18/12/2014
i don't post as much, but gamestop has a surplus in my locations...
second is target......
third is TRU...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me