Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Walmarts Not Stocking Skylanders Figures??
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Walmarts Not Stocking Skylanders Figures?? [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#51 Posted: 13:55:17 22/12/2014
I think it is pretty obvious that while Walmart is definitely not dropping Skylanders (after all, they did have a couple minor exclusives in the Buddy Packs), they definitely are feeling the space concerns given we now have three figure lines for video games. They probably squeezed all three and Activision responded the least.
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#52 Posted: 00:00:23 27/12/2014
funny,my local had NO skylanders at all on christmas eve but today they were fully stocked with wave 3 masters,cores and traps. even found 2 kaos traps....
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#53 Posted: 15:33:03 27/12/2014
I went to my local Walmart (East Greenbush) again yesterday and they had almost no Trap Team characters. Only a couple of Mini packages, and a lot of empty pegs. They had some figures from older games though. I figure it was just the Christmas rush.
---
Purple dragon.
Candhsmom Green Sparx Gems: 251
#54 Posted: 01:35:25 28/12/2014
I must have lucked out then. Was in east greenbush yesterday (Friday) in the am and got blaster mind, tuff luck, and ka-boom. That was all they had new, nothing across the way at target.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#55 Posted: 03:09:10 28/12/2014
When I went last week, they had exactly 3 Swap Force packs in the main section plus a water jughead and some mini packs in a bargain bin somewhere. They also never bothered to put any amiibo out. They really hate these things, don't they?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#56 Posted: 05:43:42 28/12/2014
Quote: TrapShadowFan
When I went last week, they had exactly 3 Swap Force packs in the main section plus a water jughead and some mini packs in a bargain bin somewhere. They also never bothered to put any amiibo out. They really hate these things, don't they?

Hate? That's an emotion...they have none...it's simply lack of apathy...I'm guessing they have stock in the back galore too.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#57 Posted: 14:17:35 28/12/2014
Quote: Candhsmom
I must have lucked out then. Was in east greenbush yesterday (Friday) in the am and got blaster mind, tuff luck, and ka-boom. That was all they had new, nothing across the way at target.

Wow, well, I think I went in the afternoon that day... I will have to keep checking.
---
Purple dragon.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#58 Posted: 17:55:54 28/12/2014
In the nearest wal mart here, last time I checked it didn't ever have trap team games neither the newest figure
---
THE END IS NEAR
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#59 Posted: 18:05:15 28/12/2014
Yeah my wally-worlds didn't get anything either.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#60 Posted: 22:43:08 28/12/2014
I checked into Wal Mart today (was doing some grocery shopping)...there was literally one of the buddy packs for Trap Team...tons of starter packs...couple of Swap Force packs...that was it. The space they have for it is atrocious. Literally space for 15 characters at best.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#61 Posted: 00:09:41 29/12/2014
Also its the same at Target and Gamestop they have nothing also! Only TRU is the only place with something which is better than nothing.
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#62 Posted: 01:44:39 29/12/2014
Was in a Wal-Mart today to pick up some Christmas Lights at 50% off to use for next year. The "clearance" section was near all the holiday stuff they're unloading, and they had about 20-25 Trap Team figures (mostly Wave 1 trap masters and cores, but a couple water buddy packs and a few triple packs w/ Blades) and about 15 or so Wave 1 traps. They were not marked down at all, and were all the typical Wal-Mart price(s) (e.g. $14.99 for a Trap Master; $9.99 for a core; etc.), but I found it somewhat notable they were in the clearance section, far away from electronics, or even the toy dept.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#63 Posted: 06:52:56 29/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I think it's safe to say that some Walmarts are doing away with Skylanders, some are cutting back on Skylanders, some are disorganized to the point that we have no idea what the trend is, and some are on top of their Skylanders game with business as usual. The point is that you can't just walk into any Walmart store in the US and expect a selection of Skylanders like you used to and in some stores, no Skylanders section at all.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#64 Posted: 07:17:21 29/12/2014
Walmart here just got rid of it's Skylanders Display. Replace it with Disney Infinity, and a small section near the 3DS/Wii U accessories for amiibo.
---
words. letters. filler.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#65 Posted: 14:17:59 29/12/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Walmart here just got rid of it's Skylanders Display. Replace it with Disney Infinity, and a small section near the 3DS/Wii U accessories for amiibo.

looks like the skylanders ain't selling that much anymore. i guess when skylanders5 arrive you will not find any skylanders at any walmarts anymore. skylanders5 is probably the last game that is gonna be released too. nothing last forever.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:19:27 29/12/2014 by CountMoneyBone
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#66 Posted: 14:31:44 29/12/2014
I went into my nearest Walmart on Christmas Eve and found the same old stuff (though I used to think they weren't carrying much at all until I found another section of them away from the actual Skylanders display). They had tons of minis and Buddy packs. And a few Trap Masters.

I went, again, the day after Christmas and found Blastermind and Ka-Boom and dark and light element packs.

If any Walmart thinks they aren't selling well, then they really need to look at their own inventory. All this Christmas, Skylanders were hard to find (even at TRU), because they couldn't keep them in. I was always running into someone looking for them. Walmart never stocking properly has given them low sales. Whether it be because employees never put them out or whether the stores haven't ordered properly, it has put a lot of people off and limited their sales. They aren't getting out of a franchise that isn't selling well. They're getting out of a franchise that they werw too incompetent to handle.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#67 Posted: 22:02:21 29/12/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

looks like the skylanders ain't selling that much anymore. i guess when skylanders5 arrive you will not find any skylanders at any walmarts anymore. skylanders5 is probably the last game that is gonna be released too. nothing last forever.

Shouldn't really matter to you since you're not in the US smilie Plus there's still Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop, and Amazon for US Shoppers.
---
words. letters. filler.
#68 Posted: 23:34:43 29/12/2014
dont hold your breath best buy is losing sales of skylanders too...

here is sales report

36% amiibo
36% disney infinity
28% skylanders

read..
http://nintendoeverything.com/...ll-at-best-buy/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:10 29/12/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#69 Posted: 00:27:57 30/12/2014
smilie many stores that are stocked with skylanders have ones that NO ONE wants anymore unless they just got the game! my local wally world has over 50 swapforce figures/packs/starter sets that are more than 50% discounted and still cant get rid of! enchanted hoot loop,pumpkin eyebrawl,last years christmas bumbleguy just sitting there not to mention the giants.....
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#70 Posted: 07:53:38 30/12/2014
Dang, if this trend continues, I'll have to do all of my Skylander shopping online. There's only ever really been three places in town for me to get Skylanders to begin with. Checking my Walmart I only found a few buddy packs, two Gusto, and three traps. I'm really hoping it's just because of Christmas, but judging by these posts, it looks like something is up. My Kmart was surprisingly good for finding rarer Skylanders and had a pretty good stock, but now they've been skipping out on TT completely. The only thing they have is some starter packs from the previous games now. As it stands, my local Gamestop is the only place with a reliable stock of Skylanders.
#71 Posted: 15:43:51 30/12/2014
Quote: skylander_drew
smilie many stores that are stocked with skylanders have ones that NO ONE wants anymore unless they just got the game! my local wally world has over 50 swapforce figures/packs/starter sets that are more than 50% discounted and still cant get rid of! enchanted hoot loop,pumpkin eyebrawl,last years christmas bumbleguy just sitting there not to mention the giants.....

Yeah, I noticed that there seems to be more figures from old games than new figures in my Walmart's stock. :/
---
Purple dragon.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#72 Posted: 16:44:51 30/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylander_drew

It's a huge problem...I may be wrong, but the trend seems to be that the heavily populated areas of the country and those with high scalper presence have poor & disorganized Skylanders selection while there are other more rural and small town areas where old stock is overflowing to a point where there's no room for additional or new merchandise to be put out. I'm guessing the smaller towns also have a problem with not as much disposable income for parents to spend on Skylanders and that's why there is overflowing of old figures. Neither the trend for the highly populated areas or the small town/rural areas is good as Walmart stores just don't seem to have an efficient system for moving Skylanders merchandise and keeping inventory based on the immediate local demand. Now it looks like some stores have just given up on stocking them altogether.
#73 Posted: 17:56:26 30/12/2014
Quote: Couragefan09
Dang, if this trend continues, I'll have to do all of my Skylander shopping online. There's only ever really been three places in town for me to get Skylanders to begin with. Checking my Walmart I only found a few buddy packs, two Gusto, and three traps. I'm really hoping it's just because of Christmas, but judging by these posts, it looks like something is up. My Kmart was surprisingly good for finding rarer Skylanders and had a pretty good stock, but now they've been skipping out on TT completely. The only thing they have is some starter packs from the previous games now. As it stands, my local Gamestop is the only place with a reliable stock of Skylanders.

i have started buying online now, i gave up when my local gamestops still hadnt gotten the two last waves of swap force figures. when like wave 3 was ready for release... its just a hassle to go to store after store looking and hoping to get lucky to find anything new. online you have a set date and prices also cheaper... its online shopping from now on.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#74 Posted: 18:49:12 30/12/2014
I gave up on Walmart for anything but exclusives during Swap Force and have pretty much written off every retailer at this point except TRU and Target except for retailer exclusives. I'm happy to give my money to whoever wants it, but you need to have product available to purchase as soon as it's released, not some vague idea that you might get some or, worse yet, if I have to tell you that something is available.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Rafterman Blue Sparx Gems: 672
#75 Posted: 19:07:05 30/12/2014
Walmart near my house still has a good deal of Skylanders. The problem is, just like Target, they seem to have too many of certain characters and none of the rest. My local Target has about 50 Head Rush and not a single other TM, while Walmart has a ton of Head Rush and a dozen or so Winterfest Lob Stars and that's it. The core figures have been stocked at both, but the TM are either getting bought before they hit shelves by employee's or the boxes these two stores are getting are all messed up. Luckily there are a half dozen places for me to get Skylanders, because it's taken purchases from all of them to complete my set so far.
#76 Posted: 15:47:16 01/01/2015
Went to the same Walmart again last night. Again, NO Trap Team figures, aside from a Spry/Mini Jini pack and some traps. They still had a bunch of old characters though. I'm thinking maybe I need to get TT figures somewhere else this time around.
---
Purple dragon.
#77 Posted: 19:39:31 01/01/2015
My local had both light and dark packs! Only 1 of each but still had them.....
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#78 Posted: 23:52:59 01/01/2015
ASDA in the UK (owned by Walmart) appear to have started stocking pre-Christmas, then reducing the amount of stock gradually over the year to the point where they ignore the later waves completely.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me