Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Light Expansion Toys are here (US) in hand!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Light Expansion Toys are here (US) in hand! [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#151 Posted: 06:06:49 17/12/2014
I know where you are coming from and even agree with you.

However, the pack has a level, a Trap Master and a trap - the equivalent to bying these all indiv. would be a bit more than that.

Usually expansions just have a normal fig, not a "special" one (Giant, swapper, et al).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#152 Posted: 13:09:57 17/12/2014
Quote: mastermc54
I know you all are excited & this rush will die down in several weeks, but is anyone else disgusted by the $31.99 price tag on these? $25 should have been the max on these. I can see this opening a whole can of worms and $30+ being the norm for adventure and expansion packs from now on until Activision drives the franchise into the grave. These pricing decisions drive parents away from the franchise faster. This is greed to pad the pockets of Activision executives. I know my ramblings won't stop anybody from running out to buy these on Sunday, but anybody see eye to eye with me on this?

Actually $30 is fine for this as it comes witha trap master and not a core..hense the $5 mark up.
Wojima Green Sparx Gems: 374
#153 Posted: 13:39:28 17/12/2014
Quote: crstofer
Quote: Wojima
I ordered mine on amazon.de and just received the shipment email. For me, beats driving around all over town at the crack of dawn, hoping that I get my hands on it. Should have both these and all the wave 3 figures by the end of next week. My wave 3 figures shipped 2 days ago from amazon.it

I did the same ...

To me it was totally worth the extra $$. Besides I would have probably spent that in gas and my time just trying to find them. And by the sounds of it, if what is being discussed as far as quantities, getting your hands on one or both may be extremely difficult. Especially the Dark Element. I can see TRU limiting each person to only one, not both. At least that is what my TRU has done in the past.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#154 Posted: 14:16:46 17/12/2014
Quote: chaosworrier

However, the pack has a level, a Trap Master and a trap - the equivalent to bying these all indiv. would be a bit more than that.

Usually expansions just have a normal fig, not a "special" one (Giant, swapper, et al).

Quote: SlayerX11

Actually $30 is fine for this as it comes witha trap master and not a core..hense the $5 mark up.

Yes, it does have a Trap Master instead of a core, but it also only has one trap instead of two magic items. I guess it depends on what you value the trap as compared to the magic items. But even most used game stores want, at least, $5-$6 for a magic item from the adventure packs. So I would say that the value of the trap is equal, of not less, than one magic item. To me, the extra value of having a trap master vs. core is balanced out by only having one extra item (the trap) instead of two (magic items normally included). They just know they can get away with charging more because they are the new elements and there's a lot of excitement built around it. For now, even, it seems to be the only way to get a light/dark trap, and the only way to get the corresponding trap master to open those gates, so it makes the demand go up. But pure value of the individual pieces vs. those in a regular adventure pack is not worth the extra cost.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:25:35 17/12/2014 by obidawsn
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#155 Posted: 15:24:24 17/12/2014
Quote: obidawsn

Yes, it does have a Trap Master instead of a core, but it also only has one trap instead of two magic items. I guess it depends on what you value the trap as compared to the magic items. But even most used game stores want, at least, $5-$6 for a magic item from the adventure packs. So I would say that the value of the trap is equal, of not less, than one magic item. To me, the extra value of having a trap master vs. core is balanced out by only having one extra item (the trap) instead of two (magic items normally included). They just know they can get away with charging more because they are the new elements and there's a lot of excitement built around it. For now, even, it seems to be the only way to get a light/dark trap, and the only way to get the corresponding trap master to open those gates, so it makes the demand go up. But pure value of the individual pieces vs. those in a regular adventure pack is not worth the extra cost.

If we're worried about the individual pieces of plastic, what about the fact that the adventure pieces are much more awesome and beastly than the standard ones? Personally, I've never cared for or about the magic items, anyway. Give me another figure. The trap at least gets me closer to that.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#156 Posted: 19:07:08 17/12/2014
Quote: PlayableMoogle
Quote: obidawsn

If we're worried about the individual pieces of plastic, what about the fact that the adventure pieces are much more awesome and beastly than the standard ones? Personally, I've never cared for or about the magic items, anyway. Give me another figure. The trap at least gets me closer to that.

I'm ok with it thou i wont be paying 31.99 when i finally get it. Prob will wait till target gets them and has another b2g1 deal.
Milla4Prez66 Green Sparx Gems: 101
#157 Posted: 22:23:16 17/12/2014
Is anyone taking pre-orders for these yet?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#158 Posted: 23:54:45 17/12/2014
Has anyone else seen them at their TRU yet? I'm hoping to try and look tomorrow. Also, does anyone know the UPC number for the dark element pack?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#159 Posted: 00:01:08 18/12/2014
I've only seen the one they took out of the back to show me, which made me want it even worse!
---
Dead
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#160 Posted: 00:03:43 18/12/2014
Nope. Neither of mine do, still doing the 2 for $22. Going to check the one by Knott's Berry Farm because it's not as crowded as the other one in Fullerton. But with the latter store (Fullerton), they know me and one of the employees will put them on hold for me. So I'm cool with that......
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:18 18/12/2014 by Insane01
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me