Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Who has ... [CLOSED]
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#1 Posted: 07:36:17 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Annoying little brothers/sisters who "accidentally" spends all of your gems, money and energy on something completely useless.
My 4 year old brother just spent my 532 gems on energies, and I'm so furious!
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 08:31:27 13/12/2014
No offense but letting a 4 year old fiddle with your 1000 plus dollar Smartphone or Ipad could cost you more then fake gems .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 09:10:32 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator
My brother knows how to work the devices, it's just that he doesn't know how to play the games.
MabuMommy Blue Sparx Gems: 906
#4 Posted: 16:03:20 13/12/2014
I've got a six year old who knows how to play, but will spend gems randomly just cause he wants to. No concept of saving. I hide it sometimes to save for stuff lol. And I BOUGHT him a tablet to play his own game but he doesn't like that one he likes playing on mine! I tried that cause I figured if he spends it all I can go back to MY last saved game. But he likes my phone better cause a lot of the other games I can't transfer progress

I understand your pain
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#5 Posted: 17:12:47 13/12/2014
Oh the agony, my wife is like that, no concept of the gem value smilie
SpinCycle2 Green Sparx Gems: 444
#6 Posted: 13:58:31 15/12/2014
I keep a backup version on another device, so if somebody does something wacky like spending the gems or using gems for speed up for a cottage I just re-save to cloud.
LOL I keep a habit of updating the cloud save every morning before the kids play on the other device.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#7 Posted: 18:15:05 15/12/2014
Wow. Thankfully I've never had any problems like this. A year or so ago when my 5 and 6 year olds started playing with our iPad/iPod, one of the first things we taught them was switching profiles on games. For games, like this, where switching profiles is more complicated, it was a simple "you're Island is on the iPod, Mommy's Island is on the iPad - you don't touch Mommy's Island". And no one ever has.

To his credit, my son was very good at saving his gems and only 'accidentally' spent them once - to get Hugo when he was 50% off. And I'm not entirely sure if he really did accidentally click, or if he just felt guilty for wanting a gem-cost companion who doesn't help progress the game.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#8 Posted: 18:33:08 17/12/2014
my 6 & 7 year olds like to play, and they are better about the gems. But each one of them has spent gems that I wish they hadn't. DoodleBug bought Willowbark when I didn't think we needed him, and JuneBug sped up the building of a fortress or some such

so now we make a practice of calling them over (if they're around and not too busy) to click the purchase button for something we chose. DB bought the light Shrine and JB bought the Dark one.

It keeps them happy
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me