Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Sadistic serial killer finally arrested.
Page 1 of 1
Sadistic serial killer finally arrested. [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 00:45:31 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.aol.com/article/201...26pLid%3D581142

Remember everyone, Officer Darren Wilson is racist because the guy he killed happened to be black, but this man, who specifically went out to kill white people is not racist.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 00:46:50 13/12/2014
What the hell, **** that loser. Hope he burns in hell.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#3 Posted: 00:48:20 13/12/2014
Who the hell is he anyway? Never heard of him.

Anyway, what zer0 said, he n e e d s to burn in hell.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#4 Posted: 01:44:30 13/12/2014
What a wonderful world
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#5 Posted: 02:17:16 13/12/2014
Quote: whirlwind fan

Well I mean if you were a serial killer would you want to be heard of

Glad they got him. I hate that people do that to others. It's only ok in anime
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#6 Posted: 02:52:35 13/12/2014
WHAT THE ****
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#7 Posted: 04:55:22 13/12/2014
Quote: Ninpire
Quote: whirlwind fan

Well I mean if you were a serial killer would you want to be heard of

Glad they got him. I hate that people do that to others. It's only ok in anime

I meant on the news.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#8 Posted: 11:45:05 13/12/2014
Quote: Mrmorrises

Remember everyone, Officer Darren Wilson is racist because the guy he killed happened to be black, but this man, who specifically went out to kill white people is not racist.

Ok, since everyone else seems to be ignoring this (maybe on purpose), I'll bite.

You know why this isn't a huge deal? Because it didn't happen in the USA, near your homes. It doesn't affect american lives. Nobody is interested in a serial killer in Brazil, which is corrupted to **** and even more crime and poverty-riddled than your own country.

I don't think that Darren Wilson was racist, I think he was just a cop doing his job. But the people who run the media are not interested in informing people. They're interested in income and influence, which was what the Ferguson case provided. Sad to say, but a race war is interesting news. It agitates people and they want to know more, especially if it happens close to home. Had the newspapers said: "Cop shoots a criminal who robbed a store and attacked him" nobody would've cared. Of course it was made to look like a race issue.

And for some of these people (americans), what they see on the TV or read from the newspaper is all they know. They're going to be affected by information specifically aimed to create a strong separation between people with different social enviroments.

And I gotta say, though now I'm going a bit off topic (this is more about your views in general), it seems like you've been affected by it too. You've been molded from youth to fit your way of thinking into this box, right? This "political view" that you now embrace as your own, though it limits your vision just as much as any other kinds of extreme, strictly defined views do.
You take pride in it, you've attached your hopes and ego on it, and now when the political view gets attacked you feel attacked as well.
It feels kinda bad, doesn't it? Like a strange little pressure in your gut. As you read this post you get that uncomfortable tingle that says that you need to get back at me. It's not even about being right or wrong at this point, it's about voicing your own opinion the loudest. That's just instinct.

Now let me tell you, I've got nothing against you. No, not you. I simply disagree with what you think.
So I'm not thinking that you're a lesser person or anything, there's no need to be offended and start ranting, I just wanted to point this out.

Edit: Oh, and about this killer not being called a racist. He didn't "specifically go out to kill white people", he specifically went out to kill for the thrill of it. He simply targeted white people because he identified with his own race.
In practice there is no difference, but you have to look at the motivation of the killer here. Not unlike in the Ferguson case, where you had to look at Darren Wilson's motivation to see that he didn't kill Michael Brown for being black.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:52:26 13/12/2014 by Samius
#9 Posted: 20:50:52 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius

Ok, since everyone else seems to be ignoring this (maybe on purpose), I'll bite.

You know why this isn't a huge deal? Because it didn't happen in the USA, near your homes. It doesn't affect american lives. Nobody is interested in a serial killer in Brazil, which is corrupted to **** and even more crime and poverty-riddled than your own country.

I don't think that Darren Wilson was racist, I think he was just a cop doing his job. But the people who run the media are not interested in informing people. They're interested in income and influence, which was what the Ferguson case provided. Sad to say, but a race war is interesting news. It agitates people and they want to know more, especially if it happens close to home. Had the newspapers said: "Cop shoots a criminal who robbed a store and attacked him" nobody would've cared. Of course it was made to look like a race issue.

And for some of these people (americans), what they see on the TV or read from the newspaper is all they know. They're going to be affected by information specifically aimed to create a strong separation between people with different social enviroments.

And I gotta say, though now I'm going a bit off topic (this is more about your views in general), it seems like you've been affected by it too. You've been molded from youth to fit your way of thinking into this box, right? This "political view" that you now embrace as your own, though it limits your vision just as much as any other kinds of extreme, strictly defined views do.
You take pride in it, you've attached your hopes and ego on it, and now when the political view gets attacked you feel attacked as well.
It feels kinda bad, doesn't it? Like a strange little pressure in your gut. As you read this post you get that uncomfortable tingle that says that you need to get back at me. It's not even about being right or wrong at this point, it's about voicing your own opinion the loudest. That's just instinct.

Now let me tell you, I've got nothing against you. No, not you. I simply disagree with what you think.
So I'm not thinking that you're a lesser person or anything, there's no need to be offended and start ranting, I just wanted to point this out.

Edit: Oh, and about this killer not being called a racist. He didn't "specifically go out to kill white people", he specifically went out to kill for the thrill of it. He simply targeted white people because he identified with his own race.
In practice there is no difference, but you have to look at the motivation of the killer here. Not unlike in the Ferguson case, where you had to look at Darren Wilson's motivation to see that he didn't kill Michael Brown for being black.

What are you talking about? Right Wing views haven't possessed me, I possess them. I don't agree with every single word a right winger says, and it's true as all hell that not every left-winger agrees on everything that one another says.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#10 Posted: 20:53:23 13/12/2014
what the hell
---
My life is complete.
#11 Posted: 21:55:01 13/12/2014
What are you talking about? Right Wing views haven't possessed me, I possess them. I don't agree with every single word a right winger says, and it's true as all hell that not every left-winger agrees on everything that one another says.

But it's something you grew up with, right? From what I've seen it seems to be a big part of your life and your opinions reflect on that. I wasn't talking about some kind of mind-control, it's a set of views that you've learned from your social enviroment.
#12 Posted: 22:03:55 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator

But it's something you grew up with, right? From what I've seen it seems to be a big part of your life and your opinions reflect on that. I wasn't talking about some kind of mind-control, it's a set of views that you've learned from your social enviroment.

Not necessarily. I had very little political knowledge up til about the age of 12. It wasn't until I got into High School that I really became a more firm Right-Winger. And I know that you don't have anything against me; this isn't personal. You clearly have raised your eyebrows while reading a lot of my posts, that's all I get from you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:01 13/12/2014 by Mrmorrises
#13 Posted: 22:15:23 13/12/2014

But it's something you grew up with, right? From what I've seen it seems to be a big part of your life and your opinions reflect on that. I wasn't talking about some kind of mind-control, it's a set of views that you've learned from your social environment.

Not necessarily. I had very little political knowledge up til about the age of 12. It wasn't until I got into High School that I really became a more firm Right-Winger. And I know that you don't have anything against me; this isn't personal. You clearly have raised your eyebrows while reading a lot of my posts, that's all I get from you.

Well, that's actually expected. I doubt many kids under the age of 12 have any interest in politics, but the attitudes and reactions that come with those views are still learned through all kinds of interaction.

And sure, it makes sense to adopt views similar to those of the people around you. Everyone does that automatically and unconsciously.
I'm just saying, by examining wider array of external factors you end up with a more accurate hypothesis, which is why I think that right-wingers and left-wingers should generally listen to each other more.

Edit: I have, that is true. Thought it's not so much about the points you raise, but more about the all the factors you leave out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:24 13/12/2014 by Samius
#14 Posted: 22:49:10 13/12/2014 | Topic Creator

But it's something you grew up with, right? From what I've seen it seems to be a big part of your life and your opinions reflect on that. I wasn't talking about some kind of mind-control, it's a set of views that you've learned from your social environment.

Well, that's actually expected. I doubt many kids under the age of 12 have any interest in politics, but the attitudes and reactions that come with those views are still learned through all kinds of interaction.

And sure, it makes sense to adopt views similar to those of the people around you. Everyone does that automatically and unconsciously.
I'm just saying, by examining wider array of external factors you end up with a more accurate hypothesis, which is why I think that right-wingers and left-wingers should generally listen to each other more.

Edit: I have, that is true. Thought it's not so much about the points you raise, but more about the all the factors you leave out.

If the main factor I'm leaving out is the fact that this series of murders happened in Brazil, then I am most definitely taking it into account. However, if a white man were murdering black people in Brazil, I am certain our liberal media would be raving about it and how white people are racist and privileged.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me