First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Dark adventure pack!!!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#151 Posted: 20:03:49 15/12/2014
I know the date for LV (and hopefully the rest of the U.S.) is the 21st.
---
Dead
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#152 Posted: 15:02:49 16/12/2014
Quote: mega spyro
I just got back from TRU, and asked if they had any wave 3 in the back, and the guy working there said "The only thing we have in the back for skylanders is some white eagle guy...Knight light was his name I think." I asked him how many in the back, and he said 10 boxes with six in each, and they are street dated for the 21st.! So, I know nobody will believe me, because it's just some random guy on the internet, with no proof other than an employee saying it and checking in the back, but that's what the guy said.

Mega, do you know that employee and would you have the ability to ask him to look at the boxes again? I am curious to know: (1) Whether the Light and Dark Packs come mixed in the same box; (2) whether the boxes say "W3" or "W4" on the side (for both of the types of boxes if the light and dark are boxed separately).

I am curious because it is possible that these may be one of those special/limited TRU early promotional shipments intended to get everyone worked up, followed by the real wave shipments a couple of weeks from now.

So far, Activision has shipped the Nightmare level pack marked with "W1" in Wave 1 and the Mirror level pack marked with "W2" in Wave 2. If the light and dark packs are coming out soon, I will bet that at least one of the boxes will be marked "W3" and come out with the Wave 3 Trap Masters and other figures. However, I could also see TRU releasing a limited number of light and dark packs, after which Activison splits the full scale shipments to retailers and releases EITHER the dark or light pack (only one) with "W3" and the other 3 month from now with "W4."
#153 Posted: 15:25:17 16/12/2014
To continue my thought:

Activision's MO has been to stagger release dates so that you have to keep coming back to the stores and searching for figures to complete the game. That is why we don't yet have the magic trap masters being released widely. They want you to buy the game and a bunch of figures, and then come back after Christmas to buy more.

In the past, I believe that they have generally released level and battle packs one at a time. I have assumed that they would do the same with Trap Team, and release one of the 4 level packs with each of the first 4 waves.

To me, I think it makes sense that Activision would hold back either the dark or light level pack until Wave 4 (which will probably come out just in time to be bought for easter baskets). For example, the could release the dark level pack and the light individual figures (but not the level pack) now, and then release the light level pack and the remaining dark individual figure with Wave 4.

From a marketing perspective, I can't understand why they would release them BOTH now unless this is a special promotional shipment.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:30:02 16/12/2014 by BP
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#154 Posted: 15:33:59 16/12/2014
I am pretty sure the Light and Dark Expansion Packs are Wave 3.

Italy, for example, got Wave 3 a couple days ago, and now those packs are available in the stores.

You will get them with the third Wave. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#155 Posted: 16:14:28 16/12/2014
Quote: BP
I just got back from TRU, and asked if they had any wave 3 in the back, and the guy working there said "The only thing we have in the back for skylanders is some white eagle guy...Knight light was his name I think." I asked him how many in the back, and he said 10 boxes with six in each, and they are street dated for the 21st.! So, I know nobody will believe me, because it's just some random guy on the internet, with no proof other than an employee saying it and checking in the back, but that's what the guy said.

Mega, do you know that employee and would you have the ability to ask him to look at the boxes again? I am curious to know: (1) Whether the Light and Dark Packs come mixed in the same box; (2) whether the boxes say "W3" or "W4" on the side (for both of the types of boxes if the light and dark are boxed separately).

I am curious because it is possible that these may be one of those special/limited TRU early promotional shipments intended to get everyone worked up, followed by the real wave shipments a couple of weeks from now.

So far, Activision has shipped the Nightmare level pack marked with "W1" in Wave 1 and the Mirror level pack marked with "W2" in Wave 2. If the light and dark packs are coming out soon, I will bet that at least one of the boxes will be marked "W3" and come out with the Wave 3 Trap Masters and other figures. However, I could also see TRU releasing a limited number of light and dark packs, after which Activison splits the full scale shipments to retailers and releases EITHER the dark or light pack (only one) with "W3" and the other 3 month from now with "W4."

I can't talk to the same employee, but most of them will look in the back if I ask, I was there today again, and this time they actually took an action pack out of the back. Now, to answer you questions (1) No, they said it's only light in the current boxes, (2) I didn't get to see the boxes, but they say it says W3 on the side.

EDIT: Here's the picture:

[User Posted Image]
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:54 16/12/2014 by mega spyro
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#156 Posted: 16:41:37 16/12/2014

I can't talk to the same employee, but most of them will look in the back if I ask, I was there today again, and this time they actually took an action pack out of the back. Now, to answer you questions (1) No, they said it's only light in the current boxes, (2) I didn't get to see the boxes, but they say it says W3 on the side.

[User Posted Image]

Sweet. smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
#157 Posted: 16:45:19 16/12/2014

[User Posted Image]

Ok, so to me, that begs the question of whether the Dark Level Pack is really being released in the US right now. Generally, ALL boxes of a given wave contain the exact same figures. If the boxes are marked "W3" and contain only the Light Level Pack, I would suspect that the Dark Level Pack isn't really coming out until Wave 4.
#158 Posted: 16:55:52 16/12/2014
To clarify: The reason the "W3" designation is important, is that boxes of Skylanders share a common SKU/identifying number. For level packs that number is ACT87109. Generally, all waves have the exact same figures in each box. For Wave 1, the boxes of the Nightmare Express packs were marked "87109" and "W1;" for the Mirror of Mystery, the boxes were marked "87109" and "W2."

If the boxes this TRU employee is looking at (1) are marked "W3," and (2) contain only Light Level Packs, I suspect that Activision is currently shipping only light packs in the US. As far as I can tell from Activision's catalog, there is no separate SKU for the light and dark packs, so the boxes of dark packs would need a separate identifier to tell them apart from the boxes of light packs. My theory is that the dark packs will be marked "87109" and "W4."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:07 16/12/2014 by BP
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#159 Posted: 16:55:59 16/12/2014

[User Posted Image]

Ok, so to me, that begs the question of whether the Dark Level Pack is really being released in the US right now. Generally, ALL boxes of a given wave contain the exact same figures. If the boxes are marked "W3" and contain only the Light Level Pack, I would suspect that the Dark Level Pack isn't really coming out until Wave 4.

That's kind of a relief to me, because I can spend less money this Christmas, but at the same time, I NEED DAT SWEET KNIGHT MARE!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#160 Posted: 17:04:43 16/12/2014
Please please please take a picture of the back!!!!!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#161 Posted: 17:31:08 16/12/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Please please please take a picture of the back!!!!!

Here you go!
[User Posted Image]
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#162 Posted: 17:37:28 16/12/2014
Knight Light's mouth looks weird but it could be the angle? What is his mouth like?
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#163 Posted: 19:40:16 16/12/2014
NU THE BACK DOESN'T SHOW SPOTLIGHT OR BLACKOUT!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#164 Posted: 19:41:27 16/12/2014
Is this guy basically a humanoid in a bird costume? It looks rather silly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#165 Posted: 00:22:44 17/12/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Is this guy basically a humanoid in a bird costume? It looks rather silly.

Uuuh... Yes...?

A surfer, to be precise.
Judging by the tan. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#166 Posted: 00:40:02 17/12/2014
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

I can't be the only one who sees the resemblance
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#167 Posted: 00:50:19 17/12/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight

Who's him?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#168 Posted: 00:59:50 17/12/2014
Quote: Drek95

Who's him?

The guy on the right is the guy I named my account after, Evilswarm Exciton Knight!!!!
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#169 Posted: 09:16:32 17/12/2014
Quote: Drek95

Who's him?

The guy on the right is the guy I named my account after, Evilswarm Exciton Knight!!!!

Wow... The resemblance is uncanny!

I will Google him to know more, thanks. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#170 Posted: 13:13:55 17/12/2014
Here are the bios of all the Light and Dark Skylanders:

Quote:
KNIGHT MARE
Dark
“Nowhere to Hide!”

Before the destruction of the Core of Light left her stranded in the Dark Realm, Knight Mare was one of the Dark Centaurs who guarded The Oracle of Stones – an enchanted game of Dark Skystones that could predict the future. When it was stolen by an unknown force, Knight Mare was called upon to retrieve it. She knew it would be dangerous because if the Oracle was asked the wrong questions seven times, it would unleash a terrible curse upon all of Skylands. Fortunately, she found it in a cave – with a gang of Bicyclopes about to ask their seventh wrong question. With no time to lose, she charged forward, beating the fierce Bicyclopes and saving Skylands from the terrible curse. Now having joined the Trap Team, Knight Mare uses her hunting skills and Traptanium Lance to bring down evil everywhere!

KNIGHT LIGHT
Light
“See the Light!”

Before the destruction of the Core of Light left him stranded in the Light Realm, Knight Light was the protector of the Starlight – the source of light, wisdom and vast energy in Radiant City. But an evil villain of known as Luminous wanted the Starlight for himself. Without warning, Luminous attacked, and the two took to the skies in an epic battle which lasted several days. In the end, Knight Light stood victorious and Luminous was imprisoned within Sunscraper Spire so that he could no longer pose a threat to Skylands. Now with his Traptanium blade, Knight Light fights alongside the Trap Team to keep evil at bay!

BLACKOUT
Dark
“Darkness Falls!”

Blackout hails from the Realm of Dreams, where the collective imagination of all the creatures in the universe come together to create beautiful wonders… and terrible nightmares. At a young age, he was recruited into the Dark Stygian – a Dragon Clan whose chief responsibility was to create nightmares for evil creatures as a way to discourage them from doing more villainy. But the clan began to abuse their power, and soon spread nightmares far and wide for its own amusement. But Blackout would not stand for it. So he learned to teleport directly into the nightmares the clan created and fought the creatures within. Eventually, the nightmares reached as far as Master Eon, who witnessed Blackout’s courage within his own dreams. After helping him put a stop to the Dark Stygian, Eon then made Blackout a Skylander, serving as the protector of the Realm of Dreams and beyond!

SPOTLIGHT
Light
“Time to Shine!”

Spotlight was discovered by Master Eon in the Prismatic Palace, where the Portal Master had ventured seeking the Crystal Orb of Light. Upon finding the Orb, Eon reached out and gently touched it – causing a brilliant light to emanate in all directions. Having been infused with Eon’s magic, the Orb glowed magnificently. And when Eon slowly lowered his hand from his shielded eyes, Spotlight stood before him in a respectful bow. Her power of Light was unknown to him, for it was not of the eight common Elements in Skylands. But sensing that the Ancients sent Spotlight to him for a reason, he took her to the Core of Light and trained her to defend it as a member of the Skylanders. And when none other than evil Portal Master Kaos destroyed it – Spotlight vanished!
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me