First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Dark adventure pack!!!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#101 Posted: 12:52:15 11/12/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
I agree completely!

I refuse to hand over any information that could assist in hacking. I will discuss open free knowledge, general concepts etc but nothing that could directly lead to problems for Skylanders.

I did my work mainly to get the ability to A)make my app work and smiliefor personal knowledge. Trying out characters is a bad thing it really is.
It just ruins the fun of collecting them.

They should insert an option to try the different characters in a special area, after you acquire their Soul Gems.

Of course they won't be upgreadable and you won't be able to use them outside that specific place, but at least, people could get a real idea of a certain Skylander, and decide if he wants to buy it or not. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#102 Posted: 13:02:31 11/12/2014
Quote: Drek95
I agree completely!

I refuse to hand over any information that could assist in hacking. I will discuss open free knowledge, general concepts etc but nothing that could directly lead to problems for Skylanders.

I did my work mainly to get the ability to A)make my app work and smiliefor personal knowledge. Trying out characters is a bad thing it really is.

They should insert an option to try the different characters in a special area, after you acquire their Soul Gems.

Of course they won't be upgreadable and you won't be able to use them outside that specific place, but at least, people could get a real idea of a certain Skylander, and decide if he wants to buy it or not. smilie

That would be GREAT for us, but has two issues...not all, but a healthy number of characters need to be leveled up a little to 'understand' their effectiveness. The second issue? It would decrease the number of sales for certain characters.
- Unreall
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#103 Posted: 13:19:53 11/12/2014
I agree completely!

they should also have there 3rd attack but no other upgrades
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#104 Posted: 13:53:30 11/12/2014
I am amused when people whine about things that they have zero knowledge about.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#105 Posted: 13:57:23 11/12/2014
Quote: UncleBob

"Like" of the day smilie
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#106 Posted: 14:00:44 11/12/2014
I think having the in store portal where you can put a figure on and see a video should be enough "Try before you buy" to be honest.
Otherwise it take away a little of the magic of the portal bringing the toy to life in the game.
It's this magic that makes the game, if you could have characters without buying the figure the portal is pointless and who would pay cash to "buy in-app figures" online?

I think they have the formula pretty much spot on. A little bit of over-charging on the figures but not by much to be honest.
#107 Posted: 14:22:05 11/12/2014
I agree, although the work that was being done at one time for an iOS Appp was nice. The convenience of storing "all of your figures" on one thing was really handy. Just sitting on your counch and selecting that character from a menu on the app. Sure, for youngin's, it takes the "magic" out of it. But for folks like me, there is no magic and it's all science - so finding more efficent ways to do tasks is great. ;) It's a shame that app was abandoned during SSA days.

I am curious... as someone who owns nearly 400 "different" figures... if a "trap" were to have a regular RFID antena on it, would it work with the portal, or would it require putting the antenna in the trap hole? I really don't care to open my toys (I just love packaging design) - and this could be a way to "add" the trap to my on-screen collection without having to do so.
#108 Posted: 14:48:53 11/12/2014
If you drill a hole in the right bit of plastic in the "old" portals the trap appears fine in Giants/SSA portals smilie

So it's just the tiny antenna that is the issue.

It would be trivial to make something that pretended to be a portal with all figures to pick from, Android (not Apple) would be the choice. Anybody who has a vague knowledge of USB protocols can do it.
#109 Posted: 15:56:28 11/12/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
I agree completely!

That would be GREAT for us, but has two issues...not all, but a healthy number of characters need to be leveled up a little to 'understand' their effectiveness. The second issue? It would decrease the number of sales for certain characters.
- Unreall

That's true, but you could at least see if a certain character appeals you directly.

For example, Tread Head didn't impressed me that much, when I saw his gameplay video, but having him in hand is a totally different thing, I love him!
And if my "objective" for the series wasn't to collect all the different unique characters, well, I might have missed him.

It could lead to a decreasing in sales, for certain characters, but at least, people would really know what they are getting, and I frankly think Activision would still earn enough money. smilie

I agree, although the work that was being done at one time for an iOS Appp was nice. The convenience of storing "all of your figures" on one thing was really handy. Just sitting on your counch and selecting that character from a menu on the app. Sure, for youngin's, it takes the "magic" out of it. But for folks like me, there is no magic and it's all science - so finding more efficent ways to do tasks is great. smilie It's a shame that app was abandoned during SSA days.

The problem is that, there are a lot users here who like that magic, and not all of them are kids or teens.

Taking away that part from the game would result in a great loss of immersion and would damage the feel of the game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#110 Posted: 17:07:20 11/12/2014
The Disney Philosophy. Too bad they didn't do it with their own game, put in the special "magic" that they known for.
It's sad when you see a PS collector's edition of DI 2 still sitting on the shelf of a Best Buy,, you know something's wrong.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#111 Posted: 21:14:21 11/12/2014
Quote: Insane01
The Disney Philosophy. Too bad they didn't do it with their own game, put in the special "magic" that they known for.
It's sad when you see a PS collector's edition of DI 2 still sitting on the shelf of a Best Buy,, you know something's wrong.

That's because the collector edition was overpriced...
- Unreall
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#112 Posted: 21:21:09 11/12/2014

The something that's wrong is they expect people to pay 180$ for it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#113 Posted: 21:36:42 11/12/2014

I will be quoting this for the rest of my life
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#114 Posted: 01:17:11 12/12/2014
True, but you got the contents of the starter pack plus 3 additional figures w/ a cool light up display. It's more like there's not really much difference between DI1 or DI2 in gameplay. Different franchise, essentially same boring game. I tried both and got bored quick. Doesn't have the spark of brilliance that Skylanders has, and I'm hoping that the new elements give us something massively positive to talk among ourselves.
---
"
#115 Posted: 13:02:12 12/12/2014
True, but you got the contents of the starter pack plus 3 additional figures w/ a cool light up display. It's more like there's not really much difference between DI1 or DI2 in gameplay. Different franchise, essentially same boring game. I tried both and got bored quick. Doesn't have the spark of brilliance that Skylanders has, and I'm hoping that the new elements give us something massively positive to talk among ourselves.

Not the time or place to get into a comparison between DI & SL, but they serve two different purposes. I feel less like I need to collect with DI, and simply have fun with it, as opposed to SL where I feel more like a collector. The 'spark' is there for both games, just in different places.

When your son sucks at the jumping portions of skylanders, then you can make a level in DI without jumping...
- Unreall
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#116 Posted: 13:11:06 12/12/2014 | Topic Creator
LOOK AT THAT!!!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Once again this was found on myskylanders.de
Knight Mare has to be one of my favourite Trap Masters smilie
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#117 Posted: 16:37:37 12/12/2014
Quote: Deja Vu
LOOK AT THAT!!!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Once again this was found on myskylanders.de
Knight Mare has to be one of my favourite Trap Masters smilie

me to
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#118 Posted: 19:06:28 12/12/2014
If I knew Knight Mare's attacks, I could decide which pack to get first, assuming they're out next week. If not, I guess I could save for both packs! Also, the bases of the figures look awesome, especially the Light base!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#119 Posted: 19:20:18 12/12/2014
I know all the Light and Dark attacks. I wonder if it's ok to post them now..?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#120 Posted: 19:29:07 12/12/2014
Yeah you can post the upgrades, if you feel this is the right time for you to post them.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#121 Posted: 19:31:20 12/12/2014
yeaaaaaah Ok!
---
#122 Posted: 19:31:34 12/12/2014
Well, there you go. You have been graced with permission from the all-mighty one...
#123 Posted: 19:32:52 12/12/2014
They are up! Prepare to be amazed smilie
---
#124 Posted: 20:13:10 12/12/2014
Well, there you go. You have been graced with permission from the all-mighty one...

Nah, I'd say simply from a friendly user who wanted to answer that doubt. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#125 Posted: 17:16:45 14/12/2014
84skylanderdude somehow got his hands on one.
---
"
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#126 Posted: 17:17:58 14/12/2014
I just got back from TRU, and asked if they had any wave 3 in the back, and the guy working there said "The only thing we have in the back for skylanders is some white eagle guy...Knight light was his name I think." I asked him how many in the back, and he said 10 boxes with six in each, and they are street dated for the 21st.! So, I know nobody will believe me, because it's just some random guy on the internet, with no proof other than an employee saying it and checking in the back, but that's what the guy said.
---
Dead
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#127 Posted: 17:18:31 14/12/2014

No he didn't. It is a Photoshopped picture
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#128 Posted: 17:22:01 14/12/2014

Photoshopped. He even called users who fall for it idiots.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#129 Posted: 17:32:30 14/12/2014
Got this link sent to me.

SPOILER WARNING: The following video contains footage of unreleased and/or unannounced characters and/or gameplay.https://vid.me/PJkR
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#130 Posted: 17:46:40 14/12/2014

SPOILER WARNING: The following video contains footage of unreleased and/or unannounced characters and/or gameplay.https://vid.me/PJkR

BOOM!!!
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#131 Posted: 17:50:37 14/12/2014
Quote: ZapNorris

BOOM!!!

pm me the whole video to me
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#132 Posted: 17:57:58 14/12/2014

By the looks of it buzz is night shade.

P.S. why'd you block me?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:00 15/12/2014 by Matteomax
#133 Posted: 18:02:56 14/12/2014
It could mean that the new element packs could possibly be out on 12/21, with Wave 3... It's possible, not guaranteed.
---
"
#134 Posted: 18:04:14 14/12/2014
I wouldn't count leaked videos as evidence of release dates at all...

Best place for that info is from the stores and stock system leaks.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#135 Posted: 19:39:22 14/12/2014
Nice video, but the sound is lagging a lot! Now if we could just get a leaked video of Nightshade's attacks...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#136 Posted: 19:39:58 14/12/2014
yeah, could we get some nightshade attacks?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#137 Posted: 19:47:46 14/12/2014
villain revealed...
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#138 Posted: 20:53:06 14/12/2014
Quote: blackout3000
pm me the whole video to me

Er.. That is the only link I have.

Quote: skylandsfan
P.S. why'd you block me?

I did not.

So much this. Could be "hacked" video. Could be figure-unlocked video. I dunno.
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Nice video, but the sound is lagging a lot! Now if we could just get a leaked video of Nightshade's attacks...

Yeah, dunno what's up with that audio.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#139 Posted: 21:48:51 14/12/2014
Oh it was just your announcement... Lol
Night Shade looks boss
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#140 Posted: 00:31:41 15/12/2014

Well, a guy at my local TRU said they have 10 boxes of 6, with some "Knight light guy" in it street dated for Dec. 21st.
---
Dead
#141 Posted: 01:22:41 15/12/2014
Ain't going by videos, but by when one of the waves for SF was released, which was before X-Mas.
---
"
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#142 Posted: 01:33:38 15/12/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
villain revealed...
[User Posted Image]

That was unexpected.
ettienem Green Sparx Gems: 140
#143 Posted: 08:37:43 15/12/2014
Available to pre-order here: (They do ship to the UK)
http://www.smartoys.be/catalog...d=5030917154003
petitmoustique Green Sparx Gems: 440
#144 Posted: 14:26:56 15/12/2014
Available to pre-order On Amazon.fr :
http://www.amazon.fr/Figurine-...d_bxgy_vg_img_y
http://www.amazon.fr/Figurine-...nders+trap+team
#145 Posted: 15:23:08 15/12/2014
Quote: petitmoustique

Interesting... But the 31st definitely sounds like a placeholder date.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
petitmoustique Green Sparx Gems: 440
#146 Posted: 16:20:12 15/12/2014
Publication date on Amazon.de by December 20th

[User Posted Image]
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#147 Posted: 17:50:57 15/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Guys look!
http://www.amazon.de/gp/produc...L4FP7FNB5Q3J6L4
If you go to the last picture on the left side you can see the Knight Mare Preview smilie and they have Knight Light too!
#148 Posted: 17:54:39 15/12/2014
Quote: petitmoustique
Publication date on Amazon.de by December 20th

[User Posted Image]

That's more likely.

Hope it will be available in Europe soon. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#149 Posted: 17:58:27 15/12/2014
"Before Knightmare was stranded by the destruction of the light nucleus in the realm of shadows, protecting her as one of the Dark centaurs the oracle of the stones - an enchanted dark sky stones game, with which the future could be predicted. When it was stolen by an unknown force, they called Knightmare to retrieve it. She knew that it would be dangerous, because if you the oracle seven times asked a wrong question, it would occupy the entire Skylands with a terrible curse. Fortunately, they did not find it in a cave - together with a group of Bizyklopen, who were about to make their seventh wrong question. Now there was no time to lose, and they shot out, defeated the nasty Bizyklopen and saved the Skylands from the terrible curse. Knightmare is now the trap team and sets their hunting skills and Traptanium a lance to bring all evil to the track."

WHOA.

Is that her backstory?... if so, that's the best Skylander back story I've ever read...
#150 Posted: 19:54:40 15/12/2014
ytagdsgdjfsdjfh I'm dying of some much info revealed smilie Light and Dark are out in Italy... so that means that 21st could be true date
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me