ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#51 Posted: 23:37:14 09/12/2014
I wish the base was visible
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 23:40:24 09/12/2014
Wow...

I was kinda "fearing" that Knight Mare's toy form pose would have looked... Don't know, bland...?

Not. At. All.

Amazing figure.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#53 Posted: 00:23:10 10/12/2014
TF2 and Skylanders are gonna keep my wallet dry for this holiday season. UUUUGGGGGHHHH
#54 Posted: 00:24:16 10/12/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight

Me too...

You can see a small dark bit, but, nothing more...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#55 Posted: 00:25:42 10/12/2014
Quote: Drek95

Me too...

You can see a small dark bit, but, nothing more...

Sweet you can
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#56 Posted: 01:39:39 10/12/2014
Quote: sprocketrocket
Quote: skylander_chaos
Knight mare IS a trap master. Right? Just a smaller version it appears!

yes she is a trap master from hackers she is huge in game they must have made her smaller so she would fit in the box

I don't know about that - comparatively the figure looks larger than the trap, and most core skylanders are around the size of a trap. That would also make the adventure piece much bigger than usual, though.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#57 Posted: 01:40:28 10/12/2014
Behold, ye faithful, for TFB have redeemed themselves with this highly unique figure. Never in their four years have they ever created such an elegant, yet complicated, figure. I never though they would create a centaur-type Skylander let alone any of the Special ones (giants, swappers or TMs)
The voices within me are rejoicing for such an awesome figure.
Soon, my fellow Portal Masters, we shall see the Light Element expansion pack.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#58 Posted: 01:56:23 10/12/2014
Quote: skygrin
I never knew "she" was a girl

Likewise
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#59 Posted: 02:20:40 10/12/2014
Can I go on record now and comment on the fact that there's a trap included in the pack you need to play the 3DS levels... and the trap won't work on the 3DS.
Firestar982 Green Sparx Gems: 160
#60 Posted: 02:25:24 10/12/2014
Quote: Deja Vu
This was found on: myskylanders.de

[User Posted Image]

First toy picture of Knight Mare! smilie

Awesome she finally was announced
---
Spirtwings
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:07 11/12/2014 by Firestar982
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#61 Posted: 02:26:38 10/12/2014
Quote: Firestar982

[User Posted Image]

Awesome he finally was announced

SHE was LEAKED by this anyway the pic is down
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Charlio Green Sparx Gems: 240
#62 Posted: 03:52:37 10/12/2014

Likewise

Her's name's Knight Mare, that makes it kinda clear. smilie
---
I'm making Skylander avatars, free for use: http://sta.sh/2z3bpmz23of
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#63 Posted: 03:55:08 10/12/2014
Yeah, most of the MLP:FIM Are girls. Equestria won't be the same after knight mare us loosed upon the masses.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#64 Posted: 04:00:39 10/12/2014
Mare doesnt just come from MLP Zeke, it is also the name of an actual female horse. (Of course I cant tell if youre being sarcastic)

But Im definitely nicknaming my Knight Mare 'Knight Mare Moon'
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#65 Posted: 04:03:28 10/12/2014
Quote: Zeke_D
Yeah, most of the MLP:FIM Are girls. Equestria won't be the same after knight mare us loosed upon the masses.

Ahem a wise man once said " ever heard of bronies "
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#66 Posted: 07:08:10 10/12/2014
Okay, so I'm not saying this to stir up anything: I just don't like her design. I'll probably still get it because it's a new element. Although I don't like the character design, I like the figure's pose. Maybe I'll grow to like it if I buy the toy and have it in hand...

I'm picky because I like collectable fictional characters for their aesthetics, like the Pokemon I catch, train and battle with. lol.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#67 Posted: 07:33:44 10/12/2014
Quote: Firestar982

[User Posted Image]

Awesome he finally was announced

she*
Also I know what her nickname shall be if it fits :3 Nightmare Moon
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#68 Posted: 07:54:50 10/12/2014
Its about time . My little brother has been yelling for a centaur skylander since SSA and Giants.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:04:22 10/12/2014 by Dark fhoenix
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#69 Posted: 07:55:42 10/12/2014
OMG!!! SO EXCITED!!!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#70 Posted: 08:50:50 10/12/2014
We usually get 4 pieces in these packs. Hope they aren't trying to ask for $25 USD for this. I guess if they do their justification is the $6 trap price and $15 Trap Master price. $4 for location piece.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:51:38 10/12/2014 by GhostRoaster
#71 Posted: 09:06:10 10/12/2014
Quote: simonc1138
Quote: sprocketrocket
Knight mare IS a trap master. Right? Just a smaller version it appears!

yes she is a trap master from hackers she is huge in game they must have made her smaller so she would fit in the box

I don't know about that - comparatively the figure looks larger than the trap, and most core skylanders are around the size of a trap. That would also make the adventure piece much bigger than usual, though.

She looks quite big, to me.

Approximately the size of Snap Shot or Gusto.

Quote: UncleBob
Can I go on record now and comment on the fact that there's a trap included in the pack you need to play the 3DS levels... and the trap won't work on the 3DS.

Well, considering you get to play as a Trap Master from a completely new Element, that will let you unlock all the Dark Elemental Gates, and also a new level, you can simply sell the trap.

I'm sure it will sell well, on Ebay. smilie

Quote: GhostRoaster
We usually get 4 pieces in these packs. Hope they aren't trying to ask for $25 USD for this. I guess if they do their justification is the $6 trap price and $15 Trap Master price. $4 for location piece.

No, they are not,

They are asking 30$/€.

After all, you get a Trap Master from a new Element, that unlock all the Dark Elemental Gates inside the game, a trap that will let you play as ALL the Dark villain and a new level.

I'd say it's worth the price, in my opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#72 Posted: 10:22:54 10/12/2014
I really can't see what all the fuss is about . . . no really, I can't - all I see are pixels.

We need a clearer pic. Looks very cool so far though.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#73 Posted: 11:59:51 10/12/2014
I'm so glad it is the trapmaster and not the core in this pack. Nailed it with trapmaster/trap/adventure piece. Little pricey, but better than chasing down all 3 separately and having to navigate around the core if you're not in "catch em all "mode.
---
Here we go again...!
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#74 Posted: 13:05:16 10/12/2014

$25 feels 'high' but based on trends is justifiable.

I still don't like it. And based on what people have dug up, the price is looking to be $30, so getting light and dark is a new video game for two figures (I don't care they are trap masters, there is nothing special about them compared to cores), two traps (which frequent sales value around $3 on average), and 'a level'.

If it was an 'arc', I'd be right there @ $30 - it would feel in line with an expansion pack in other games.

But I'm not trying to dog it or even say I'll never get it. I just am not 'cool' with the price and most likely will wait for a solid sale to get it half off.
- Unreall
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#75 Posted: 13:43:43 10/12/2014

I'm pretty sure its like the magic item base. (The tiny dark rocks)
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#76 Posted: 14:59:15 10/12/2014
Really?! $25 is a bit steep? Look at MoM and NE. They're $25 each. So the new element expansion packs are pricey. Like Drek, I agree with him. Imagine trying to find all of these separately? The traps would be hard to find as the Kaos trap. Not to mention the figure. Then what would go with the expansion. The cores? New magic items?

$25-$30 is a reasonable price for what you are getting.
How many of us spent more than that just to get one of the rarer figures.
I spent $130 for a NIB Smolderdash and I am proud of it. I got me an employees only figure.
So the money spent on these new expansion packs for the new elements would be, to quote The Golden Queen, "worth my weight in gold."
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#77 Posted: 15:12:38 10/12/2014
Quote: Insane01
Really?! $25 is a bit steep? Look at MoM and NE. They're $25 each. So the new element expansion packs are pricey. Like Drek, I agree with him. Imagine trying to find all of these separately? The traps would be hard to find as the Kaos trap. Not to mention the figure. Then what would go with the expansion. The cores? New magic items?

I spent $130 for a NIB Smolderdash and I am proud of it. I got me an employees only figure.
So the money spent on these new expansion packs for the new elements would be, to quote The Golden Queen, "worth my weight in gold."

Naw. If you're willing to spend $130 on a figure, your perspective is 'different' when it comes to cost for content/figures (no shots).

Let's look at it this way, people were feeling ripped off with MoM as is, and that was $25. To me, this is NO different from an adventure pack, you get a level, a character, and instead of 3 items you almost will NEVER use, you get a single trap, that you might not ACTUALLY use (sorry, none of the Dark Villains have interested me, I do want Luminous or whatever though).

If they want to sell it at a premium, they have that right, but I will NOT pay full price for it, off principle, and well cost.
- Unreall
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#78 Posted: 15:51:42 10/12/2014
Yeah, the fact that it's a "new element" isn't really something they should be charging a premium for.

My hope is that the levels unlocked by these packs are more meaty than those unlocked by the previous packs in this game.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#79 Posted: 17:27:19 10/12/2014
NOOO WE CAN'T SEE THE BASE!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#80 Posted: 17:53:25 10/12/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

Naw. If you're willing to spend $130 on a figure, your perspective is 'different' when it comes to cost for content/figures (no shots).

Let's look at it this way, people were feeling ripped off with MoM as is, and that was $25. To me, this is NO different from an adventure pack, you get a level, a character, and instead of 3 items you almost will NEVER use, you get a single trap, that you might not ACTUALLY use (sorry, none of the Dark Villains have interested me, I do want Luminous or whatever though).

If they want to sell it at a premium, they have that right, but I will NOT pay full price for it, off principle, and well cost.
- Unreall

Knight Mare also lets you access all the Dark Elemental Gates with in the game.

That's also a thing to consider. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#81 Posted: 18:35:44 10/12/2014

You need to stop thinking like a Skylanders fan and take a step back and put yourself in the shoes of either a casual fan or a parent who buys this stuff for their kids. Anything above $25 is highway robbery for this. 99.99% of Skylanders buyers do think rationally with their money & will not splurge for chase variants or employee figures. If you ran a business thinking from the perspective of the 0.01% of hardcore collectors and people who splurge and think $100+ is perfectly an A-OK price for a toy just because it's limited, you'd be out of business very quickly. Business decisions don't work like that in the real world. Take some economics and business courses to get a real idea how the overall pictures works. I'm sorry, but $25 should be the most extreme upper limit for this and the smart or more budget conscious people will wait for sales in the $15-20 range even if they have to wait a few months after release to get it.
#82 Posted: 18:42:48 10/12/2014
From a purely psychological standpoint, they shouldn't price it higher than 24.99 - one third of the price of the starter. The average gamer isn't going to care that several gates are now accessible, they are only gonna see that there isn't a magic item.
#83 Posted: 18:52:42 10/12/2014
Quote: Zeke_D
From a purely psychological standpoint, they shouldn't price it higher than 24.99 - one third of the price of the starter. The average gamer isn't going to care that several gates are now accessible, they are only gonna see that there isn't a magic item.

Ok, let's be honest, now.

How many Magic Items do you regularly use (except for the Hidden Treasure, the Sky Diamond and maybe the Life Elixir) and how often...?

I personally used them all at least one time, to try them out, but then, I only used a few of them a couple times.

I think a trap is more useful, and definitely worths the money more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:45 10/12/2014 by Drek95
#84 Posted: 19:12:16 10/12/2014

How many Magic Items do you regularly use (except for the Hidden Treasure, the Sky Diamond and maybe the Life Elixir) and how often...?

I personally used them all at least one time, to try them out, but then, I only used a few of them a couple times.

Personally, I don't find the villain mechanic useful at all. I have one of each trap thus far, with no intention of purchasing any more, other than light/dark. The only magic item I find useful at all is the sky diamond, and once you've purchased all the upgrades, that loses its importance. As for TT in general, I'm only gonna get one of each trap master and one of each core. IMHO SSA was revolutionary, Giants was no different than a DLC. SF had a really great mechanic, but TT just feels like a huge money grab.

Once again, from a psychological standpoint, Activision has to overcome the feeling that TT is just an overpriced DLC.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#85 Posted: 19:13:37 10/12/2014

I agree, As long as the traps are going to work in future games.
#86 Posted: 19:22:21 10/12/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
I agree, As long as the traps are going to work in future games.

The giants mechanic was in SF, but no giants or SF mechanic in TT. There aren't even any non-trap elemental gates. I don't expect the villain mechanic to be in Skylanders 5.
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#87 Posted: 21:16:28 10/12/2014
Quote: Charlio

Likewise

Well... um... knight
Mare.
---
smilie gottee
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#88 Posted: 21:24:52 10/12/2014
Quote: MagnaSurge
Okay, so I'm not saying this to stir up anything: I just don't like her design. I'll probably still get it because it's a new element. Although I don't like the character design, I like the figure's pose. Maybe I'll grow to like it if I buy the toy and have it in hand...

I'm picky because I like collectable fictional characters for their aesthetics, like the Pokemon I catch, train and battle with. lol.

It definitely smells like those "new age" Pokemon when Charmander and Pikachu and Squirtle was all I wanted.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#89 Posted: 21:36:29 10/12/2014
Giants at least could lift Boulders and destroy bomb gates in Trap team
---
POPSMARTS!
#90 Posted: 23:01:26 10/12/2014
Quote: MagnaSurge

It definitely smells like those "new age" Pokemon when Charmander and Pikachu and Squirtle was all I wanted.

The SWAP Force's Swappers and Cores were the "new age" Skylanders.

Thanks to Eon the Trap Team characters came back to the old TfB style.

In my opinion Knight Mare is no exception.

Quote: Reverse0456
Giants at least could lift Boulders and destroy bomb gates in Trap team

This.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#91 Posted: 01:24:55 11/12/2014
Quote: Charlio

Likewise

Well... um... knight
Mare.

Some knights are female
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#92 Posted: 07:11:15 11/12/2014
Just to prepare you all for the total lack of excitement, the levels these unlock... Not that big.
I was quite sad in fact at how little was in them. You get some story (I won't reveal a single spoiler) and a very small level but that's about it.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#93 Posted: 07:31:18 11/12/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
Just to prepare you all for the total lack of excitement, the levels these unlock... Not that big.
I was quite sad in fact at how little was in them. You get some story (I won't reveal a single spoiler) and a very small level but that's about it.

Are you implying something here? Don't tell me that you tinkered with the game too...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#94 Posted: 09:05:39 11/12/2014
Another dataminer, huh? I won't ask for any info now that most of 'em have been C&D'd... but I hope the villains are fun to use. (Gosh I wish the wii u was hackable)
#95 Posted: 09:11:29 11/12/2014
First matt, then Kung Fu Man, and now Pyrofer.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:45 11/12/2014 by Aura24
#96 Posted: 09:52:04 11/12/2014
Hah, I have been doing this since the first game! And No, I am NOT a "Data Miner", I do nothing to the game, console, disk etc at all. I just play with the figures...
I am trying to restrict myself at the moment to make sure I don't ruin things for myself however it was too much to resist playing through the adventure packs. I only did the spire one, haven't played Museum yet.
I don't talk about it much because I wan't no C&D. I will never discuss details and anything I do for my PC Database app is legal. I make sure there is nothing dodgy so that I can continue to develop and publish it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:53:17 11/12/2014 by Pyrofer
#97 Posted: 09:56:10 11/12/2014
You say you're not a dataminer... yet you still played the adventure pack level without purchasing the pack.
---
#98 Posted: 10:06:02 11/12/2014
"data miner" implied fiddling with the game code etc...
My methods are entirely external and non-invasive to the console/game.

To be honest it surprises me every day that more people are not doing some of the things I thought of. The number of ways to play unreleased figures is quite large. Then I realize that it pretty much takes ALL the fun out of it.

Collecting the figures is pretty much what the game is about, so getting around that defeats the purpose and despite the fact my collection is quite large (there are many here with much larger) when you just can't buy a figure yet that is available in another country etc it's very tempting to "try" it out smilie

I wouldn't recommend hacking the game at all as it sucks the joy out of things. Just look at the whole light/dark thing! Can you imagine how excited people would be if it had remained a real secret?

Don't peak behind the curtain, you ruin the fun smilie
#99 Posted: 12:06:09 11/12/2014
I really respect your idea, Pyrofer, and It actually makes sense being able to try a certain character before actually buying him.

But think about this: we are all different, what if somebody simply uses hacking as a way to play with all the characters and Adventure Packs, as much as he want, and doesn't effectively buy any character...?

I could see a lot of persons doing it, and just don't caring about the figures.

Sadly, I think that if the number of "hackers" for this series continues to grow, it would eventually lead to a premature death of the franchise.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#100 Posted: 12:35:09 11/12/2014
I agree completely!

I refuse to hand over any information that could assist in hacking. I will discuss open free knowledge, general concepts etc but nothing that could directly lead to problems for Skylanders.

I did my work mainly to get the ability to A)make my app work and smiliefor personal knowledge. Trying out characters is a bad thing it really is.
It just ruins the fun of collecting them.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me