Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Can anyone recommend an anime for me?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Can anyone recommend an anime for me? [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#51 Posted: 06:30:20 05/12/2014
Quote: zer0dch
hey i have a really niche anime to recommend 4 u

its called dragon ball z

You spoke the forbidden words, now Vegeta or whatever his name was is going to enter the thread
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#52 Posted: 06:30:44 05/12/2014
Quote: Windumup
hey i have a really niche anime to recommend 4 u

its called dragon ball z

You spoke the forbidden words, now Vegeta or whatever his name was is going to enter the thread

THE DR. IS IN
Templarhunter97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#53 Posted: 10:29:08 05/12/2014
Yu-Gi-oh I love as a kid.

And I still watch it along with Pokémon.
---
We work in the dark to serve the light-Nothing is true-Everything is permitted.
And i am still waiting for a sequel to bully smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#54 Posted: 13:58:55 05/12/2014
Yay.... I make the most informative post and not one response... and now I look pathetic for pointing it out xP

Log Horizon, not so flashy visually, but pretty awesome (most of the time...), surprisingly complex series. The dub is radically different, a bit darker in tone and with more references to the light novel, but I watch the sub due to there being more episodes out on it.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#55 Posted: 14:21:48 05/12/2014
The only anime ive been watching is madoka magica. So that.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7763
#56 Posted: 17:01:40 05/12/2014 | Topic Creator
guys as a newbie wtf is Hetalia
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:11 05/12/2014 by Jaggedstar
#57 Posted: 17:03:28 05/12/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar

oh god don't start please
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#58 Posted: 17:03:57 05/12/2014

[User Posted Image]

Countries are represented as people and they use hardcore stereotypes and it's hilarious.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#59 Posted: 17:04:42 05/12/2014
Quote: Cynderfan507
JUST WATCH SOUL EATER INSTEAD.

Oh God, wasn't Eevee obsessed with that? I remember her making a topic about her parents banning her from watching it because she was so young.

Then again, why the hell was she watching gruesome anime at eight years old. In fact, why the hell was she posting on S&N.
#60 Posted: 17:10:01 05/12/2014
JUST WATCH SOUL EATER INSTEAD.

Oh God, wasn't Eevee obsessed with that? I remember her making a topic about her parents banning her from watching it because she was so young.

Then again, why the hell was she watching gruesome anime at eight years old. In fact, why the hell was she posting on S&N.

Yeah. But it was my obsession first. XD

Soul Eater really isn't that gruesome, there's just a little blood, fighting, demons, and mild nudity in it, so it's nothing too bad.

For an eight year old? Yeah, hell no. That's just weird.

I previously stated in one of my topics that I would be totally fine with a six year old playing GTA because they won't comprehend jack ****, but at eight years old they would. That's when I would pull the plug until they're twelve or thirteen.

I know, sounds weird, but still.
#61 Posted: 17:11:08 05/12/2014
JUST WATCH CODE GEASS OR NOEIN INSTEAD
Noein is hyper obscure and underrated so you can feel all elitist from being a fan of it.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#62 Posted: 18:09:22 05/12/2014
@zer0dch in the end soul eater is still only pg13 if you were to rate it. Idk about your parents but my parents let me watch any pg 13 movie when I was 8. Though I think soul eater is really creepy with all the insanity, it still isn't even that bad.
#63 Posted: 18:43:29 05/12/2014
Quote: Ninpire
@zer0dch in the end soul eater is still only pg13 if you were to rate it. Idk about your parents but my parents let me watch any pg 13 movie when I was 8. Though I think soul eater is really creepy with all the insanity, it still isn't even that bad.

Soul Eater is not suitable for an eight year old.
#64 Posted: 18:58:44 05/12/2014
Noein was pretty much clean dialogue/fanservice-wise, but still disturbing and on occasion bloody enough it's easily a TV-14.

Code Geass is rated TV-14 to R, so yeah. Some blood, whole lot of death and massacring, brief partial nudity, some suggestive dialogue, the list goes on.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#65 Posted: 19:17:59 05/12/2014
Quote: Templarhunter97
Yu-Gi-oh I love as a kid.

And I still watch it along with Pokémon.

The Yu-Gi-Oh anime went slightly down hill, at least Arc V is somewhat good
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#66 Posted: 19:31:07 05/12/2014

I watched Naruto when I was 8 tho D:
I think it would depend on the parent
#67 Posted: 19:32:07 05/12/2014

Naruto and Soul Eater are not comparable.
#68 Posted: 19:33:04 05/12/2014

Naruto and Soul Eater are not comparable.

Da *** they're both shonen battle **** why not
#69 Posted: 19:41:34 05/12/2014
^ naruto goes crazy and beats the crap out of haku
Third and fourth hokage give their soul to the reaper
Sexy jutsu
They're on the same level of bad
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#70 Posted: 20:06:23 06/12/2014
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru translated Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is a great one that's currently airing.
[User Posted Image]

It's like Madoka Magica without the death but still a dark magical girl series.

ore twintail ni narimasu translated Gonna be the Twintail!is my new favourite that's currently airing.
It's bloody hilarious, just watch it.
The guy basically gains the ability to transform into Tail Red (who's a girl) through his love for the twintail hair style. Him and his friends have to fight these aliens with their new abilities that are all in to odd fetishes. It's a comedy. No gore and it's a light fun watch.
[User Posted Image]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#71 Posted: 20:07:42 06/12/2014

the anime where you can ship countries
you should watch Free *shot*
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#72 Posted: 20:56:44 06/12/2014
Quote: Doomslicer

[User Posted Image]
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life AKA When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
Made by schizophrenic trolls (I mean that in the nicest possible way) at Studio Trigger, you can expect this show to utterly bust genres. I normally wouldn't touch high school harem comedies with a 10-foot keyblade, but I love this series. A lot of people are going to overlook or pass up this series, and they'll be missing out, especially now that the plot is beginning to really kick into high gear. It really wasn't what I expected it to be, but I still love it nonetheless.

I've watched 2 episodes of that and honestly find it really boring and don't want to see anymore :/
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#73 Posted: 20:57:45 06/12/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

[User Posted Image]

Countries are represented as people and they use hardcore stereotypes and it's hilarious.

So it's the Family Guy of Japan?
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10124
#74 Posted: 21:08:33 06/12/2014
I'd recommend Madoka Magica, Soul Eater, Kill la Kill, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Attack on Titan, Ouran High School Host Club, and Princess Jellyfish.
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#75 Posted: 20:34:49 07/12/2014
Quote: AvatariDragon

I bet you were the kid who walked into my store asking for Hetallia on DVD.

Hetallia is awful.

Okay i'll admit it. I totally stalked you and dressed as a dude so you wouldn't know it was me.

You're awful.
Hetalia is great.
Yup.

You're horrible.
Hetalia is disgusting.
Ah'yuck.

Don't you dare say that about hetalia

Don't make me go all Russia on you.
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#76 Posted: 20:41:55 07/12/2014
No.

- - -
---
Dead
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7763
#77 Posted: 21:18:25 07/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru translated Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is a great one that's currently airing.
[User Posted Image]

It's like Madoka Magica without the death but still a dark magical girl series.

ore twintail ni narimasu translated Gonna be the Twintail!is my new favourite that's currently airing.
It's bloody hilarious, just watch it.
The guy basically gains the ability to transform into Tail Red (who's a girl) through his love for the twintail hair style. Him and his friends have to fight these aliens with their new abilities that are all in to odd fetishes. It's a comedy. No gore and it's a light fun watch.
[User Posted Image]

They look really good! They're on my list
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#78 Posted: 11:27:57 08/12/2014

Yeah. But it was my obsession first. XD

Soul Eater really isn't that gruesome, there's just a little blood, fighting, demons, and mild nudity in it, so it's nothing too bad.

For an eight year old? Yeah, hell no. That's just weird.

I previously stated in one of my topics that I would be totally fine with a six year old playing GTA because they won't comprehend jack ****, but at eight years old they would. That's when I would pull the plug until they're twelve or thirteen.

I know, sounds weird, but still.

i watched all of black lagoon when i was 12. i turned out okay, and actually loved it.

i honestly think soul eater isn't that bad, and young kids can handle more than we think.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:39 08/12/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#79 Posted: 14:01:44 08/12/2014
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Quote: Doomslicer

[User Posted Image]
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life AKA When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
Made by schizophrenic trolls (I mean that in the nicest possible way) at Studio Trigger, you can expect this show to utterly bust genres. I normally wouldn't touch high school harem comedies with a 10-foot keyblade, but I love this series. A lot of people are going to overlook or pass up this series, and they'll be missing out, especially now that the plot is beginning to really kick into high gear. It really wasn't what I expected it to be, but I still love it nonetheless.

I've watched 2 episodes of that and honestly find it really boring and don't want to see anymore :/

I wasn't so pleased with the series for a while, but I'm glad I stuck with it. There is a lot more foreshadowing and plot going on than you'd think. It's made by schizophrenic trolls though (I suspect how disappointing Episode
8's
resolution of Episode
was intentionally just messing with us, had the former aired a different point or order, it'd probably be considered an awesome episode), the show really makes me feel messed with sometimes lol.
The (MAJOR SPOILERS) revelation that
the main characters are in fact not even remotely at the center of the story; that hundreds of humans have been granted powers to wage a secret war all to amuse a certain more advanced race, but they have been protected from the knowledge of this war
is also sure to spice things up. Ultimately I'd just call this show a genre-buster and semi-deconstruction, what was going to be an ordinary high school harem got interrupted so to speak, and I think it's trying to troll viewers. I will admit the lack of battles (or more accurately, the small tastes we get of how awesome the battles could be if there were more of them) is frustrating though, but at the show can be a surprisingly good slice of life as well (which I normally can't stand).
I.e.
If you're willing to not set any expectations and just try to watch it, it probably will grow on you, but its continual changes mean it probably will get more interesting for those who find it dull.

Plus, Episode 7 had one of the best vocal performances of the season. Hayami Saori for VA of the year!
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me