Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Alter Ego houses but no alter egos? [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 03:28:00 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Well I was spinning like a madman and I got a bunch of houses for alter egos but no alter egos. On top of that all 3 houses I did get I cant use because I don't have the alter egos. How am I supposed to use these houses if I don't have the alter ego needed to make it work? I did try using the standard wrecking ball in the alter ego wrecking ball hut and that did not work. Same with Cynder in skeletal cinder hut. Ugh. smilie I think you should only be able to get houses if you own the skylander. Bad luck.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 12:51:13 01/12/2014
If you knew you didn't have the alter ego and didn't want to waste the gems, then why buy them? Some people do buy them in hopes that when they get the alter ego they will already have the hut, especially since the huts aren't always available. But that's only good if you have the gems to spend.

Now that I went back and re-read your post, do you mean that you won them in the wishing well? I wasn't sure what you meant by "spinning". I get your frustration, and maybe they should only give you the huts that you have the character for, but they'll still be valuable when you finally get the alter ego.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 13:01:02 01/12/2014
You can't actually use the Core skylanders on the Alter Ego huts, however. It needs to be the Alter Ego, as in only Buddy Wrecking Ball works on the Buddy Wrecking Ball hut, only Skeletal Cynder works in the Skeletal Cynder hut, etc etc. Think that's the problem, you just can't use the standard Skylanders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 15:14:05 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
obidaswn I did not buy them with gems I spun for them in the wishing well. (Or however you want to term it) I just think its annoying I now have a bunch of huts that I can't use. I used every last one of my wishing well spins trying to get at least one alter ego. I have 3 huts and no alter egos. It would be nice if they had logic in there making it so if you win the hut you first get the alter ego then the hut. From my understanding this alter ego thing has new ones each month so short of me being extremely lucky in future all alter ego allowances I have no use for these no?
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 15:39:28 01/12/2014
You'll be able to use them eventually when you acquire the required skylanders. Since both the huts and the alter egos are around only a few times a year, I would be happy to get whatever comes out of the well. It will eventually be worth it. You could have won the alter egos first and not the huts and you'd basically be in the same spot.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#6 Posted: 16:10:28 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
At least the alter egos you can send on adventures and you can use for things in the meantime. Like you mention a few times a year I'll have chances to potentially get the match but alter egos you can use for other things. Huts without the alter ego are just eye candy only. Update I did get a Buddy Wrecking Ball to go with B. Wrecking Ball's Hut just a few minutes ago though I am out of stones so I won't be getting the other 2 before the day is over.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#7 Posted: 18:12:32 01/12/2014
Quote: Bifrost
You can't actually use the Core skylanders on the Alter Ego huts, however. It needs to be the Alter Ego, as in only Buddy Wrecking Ball works on the Buddy Wrecking Ball hut, only Skeletal Cynder works in the Skeletal Cynder hut, etc etc. Think that's the problem, you just can't use the standard Skylanders.

This is true to a point. I can and have put Admiral Thumpback and Thumpling in Thumpback's house. Unless the difference is house vs. hut.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 18:52:59 01/12/2014
Right. The alter ego giants and the giant minis all work in the giant houses. That's the one exception.

Bolthar, leave the houses in storage if you find them an eyesore that you can't load them. Problem solved! It's still better to have them than not.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#9 Posted: 19:19:52 01/12/2014
3 Alter Ego Houses in the well. Thats excellent! I think i threw in like 15- 20.000 stones in the last year and I only received 1 hut. I had to buy all my other huts.
My last (missing) alter ego from the well costs me 1.600 stones.
Be patient and keep on collecting and trying :-)
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#10 Posted: 19:49:22 01/12/2014
When the huts came for sale I bought Autumn Stump Smash's hut and Buddy Wrecking Ball (we won him near the end of Saturday night). And then because we couldn't afford Fiznik but had several gems, I bought 3 huts we didn't have AEs for. You know, on the off chance that having the hut might "boost" my chances at winning spins. Plus on another wishwknd, we might be saving gems for the last 4 companions we don't have.

Not sure if it makes us crazy, stupid, or just weird. but the boys are happy to have some fancy huts to move around.

And BION, we now have 20 BnBs! That's even more than we have Fisheries
Bolder63 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#11 Posted: 20:57:13 01/12/2014
The absence of Hallows' Eve Hex's hut burns my toast grrr
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#12 Posted: 21:02:12 01/12/2014
SSB won with just hours left! maybe there's something to it!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#13 Posted: 14:47:11 02/12/2014
I've only one one house/hut in the well (outside the glitch last year that was giving us gem items as a grand prize). It was Ninjini's house. So getting any is a great deal. It's definitely better than another random marker, tree, etc.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me