Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Star Wars: Episode 7 trailer [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8519
#1 Posted: 16:37:22 28/11/2014 | Topic Creator

Holy ****ing Jesus on a unicycle at a farmers market selling Bibles for 9.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat lightsaber doe.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:20 28/11/2014 by somePerson
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 16:44:59 28/11/2014
OHHH MMYYY FUCCCKIINNG GOOOOODDD YEEESSSS

I WAITTTEDDDS

ABD I CRIEEEDDDD

STAR WARS IS BACK AND I CANT STOP CRYOMG
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#3 Posted: 16:48:32 28/11/2014
That Ball Astromech tho
---
you never saw me
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 16:57:39 28/11/2014
So... Pretty much confirmed to not fit with the EU, then?
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
#5 Posted: 17:03:08 28/11/2014
Quote: LegoLander
So... Pretty much confirmed to not fit with the EU, then?

They confirmed that absolutely everything of the EU is not cannon.

STILL CRYING OMGGGG
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 17:05:29 28/11/2014
Such Vague ness

Much Ambiguity

I'm excited and I have no idea what was happening!

Am I the only one who was jump scared by that black guy in the start? ;-;
#7 Posted: 17:16:35 28/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Such Vague ness

Much Ambiguity

I'm excited and I have no idea what was happening!

Am I the only one who was jump scared by that black guy in the start? ;-;

I was. :(
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 17:43:14 28/11/2014
That lightsaber looks cool but I'm not sure how practical it is to have those little bits on the sides as a hilt. Doesn't that make it more likely for him to bust up his hand waving it around?

I like the trailer. I'm interested in seeing how they're going to explain why the Empire seems to still be kicking around. But I'm also still nervous because JJ Abrams is on the project and I still haven't seen anything particularly interesting or very good from him.
#9 Posted: 17:46:14 28/11/2014
Quote: CAV
That lightsaber looks cool but I'm not sure how practical it is to have those little bits on the sides as a hilt. Doesn't that make it more likely for him to bust up his hand waving it around?

I like the trailer. I'm interested in seeing how they're going to explain why the Empire seems to still be kicking around. But I'm also still nervous because JJ Abrams is on the project and I still haven't seen anything particularly interesting or very good from him.

I was thinking the same thing...

JJ did okay with Star trek, but it was decent at best,
I thought he redeemed himself when he made Into Darkness though, and I'm excited to see what he does with it,
#10 Posted: 17:53:19 28/11/2014
The one Star Trek film I saw from him was alright but it also didn't really blow me away in any way other than the special effects (though I was never a Star Trek guy). And I didn't even finish Super 8.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#11 Posted: 18:08:45 28/11/2014
*feints*
SO
HYPED
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#12 Posted: 18:17:51 28/11/2014
PREPARE THE HYPE! LOAD THE HYPE CANNONS!!!!
---
Dead
#13 Posted: 18:20:38 28/11/2014

It'd be the same with a saberstaff if you think about it. I've used a staff before, and most strikes involve the end of the weapon touching you. Lightsabers in general are considered by Jedi and Sith to be an extension of themselves in the Force, anyhoo, so I doubt if that Sith is a master of that weapon that the hilt pieces would be a problem.

Also, it might be wishful thinking on my part, and I really don't care if it fits with the EU or not, but the EU did have Palpatine clone himself in case he died...
---
#14 Posted: 18:22:20 28/11/2014
^At least with the staff there was a practical use in it in that you can spin it around and maybe even kill two people at once and stuff. How are you supposed to kill someone with the hilt?
#15 Posted: 18:28:40 28/11/2014
By waving it around wildly? But you're forgetting the whole point! It HAS no practical use! It's just to make the people watching go "OMG WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT?!!!!!"
---
Dead
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12183
#16 Posted: 18:30:17 28/11/2014
um, no. THIS is the REAL star wars 7 trailer
#17 Posted: 18:37:23 28/11/2014
Quote: Carmelita Fox

The comments in that video...

Can I safely say I have no faith in humanity?
---
#18 Posted: 18:43:51 28/11/2014
no you cant
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#19 Posted: 19:56:33 28/11/2014

The comments in that video...

Can I safely say I have no faith in humanity?

I think we all can.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#20 Posted: 20:32:28 28/11/2014
no you cant
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#21 Posted: 20:57:25 28/11/2014
^At least with the staff there was a practical use in it in that you can spin it around and maybe even kill two people at once and stuff. How are you supposed to kill someone with the hilt?

Defence. The hilt extensions would be used for defensive purposes rather than offence...

Anyway, it looks really good, I'm hoping for a really awesome fight scene that borderlines ridiculous in length, that and maybe an alliance between the Rebels and the Empire.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#22 Posted: 23:33:08 28/11/2014
Okay, this has my interest. Ah, who am I kidding, I'm giggling like a fangirl. I'm one of those weirdos who enjoyed the Star Trek reboot, so I'm not particularly concerned about JJ Abrams being in charge. *shrug*

If anything, I'm more concerned about the spinoff that Gareth Edwards is directing. I enjoyed Godzilla (2014), but there were so many things about it that bothered me.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#23 Posted: 23:51:13 28/11/2014

DENGAR THAT MUMMY ****
#24 Posted: 23:52:58 28/11/2014
Loving that ball Astro, though. Plushies are needed.
---
#25 Posted: 04:04:19 29/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis

Defence. The hilt extensions would be used for defensive purposes rather than offence...

Anyway, it looks really good, I'm hoping for a really awesome fight scene that borderlines ridiculous in length, that and maybe an alliance between the Rebels and the Empire.

He can also cut tiny holes. ^_^
#26 Posted: 04:10:34 29/11/2014
Quote: somePerson
Quote: kardonis

He can also cut tiny holes. smilie

eromg those tiny holes r so cute
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#27 Posted: 08:59:29 29/11/2014
STARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARS
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#28 Posted: 10:25:14 29/11/2014
i-is that andy serkis narrating??
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#29 Posted: 12:56:35 29/11/2014

That lightsaber is total cheese. C'mon... A gimmick?? Really?? What exactly was wrong with lightsabers that they needed hilt exhaust? Did Rob Liefeld design that?? Next we'll be seeing Jedi cloaks with big pockets everywhere and storm troopers with guns the size of small motorcycles. Ugh...

I'm with ya regarding Abrams. He had a chance to make a modern version of the best Star Trek movie of all time, and yet Into Darkness is a small-time boring fistfight, completely bereft of any science, ship warfare, and most of all, character development that made Wrath of Khan so mind-blowingly epic and imminently watchable. JJ is Michael Bay with better actors and tighter camera angles.

Star Wars began with a young man leaving a moisture farm and ended with that same man watching the heroes fly off from a med bay with a robit hand. Everything before and after is drivel.
---
1Jn47
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#30 Posted: 14:56:09 29/11/2014
It looks cool but I'm still being really skeptical. You know what else looked awesome? The prequel trilogy. You know what else had hype surrounding it? The prequel trilogy. You know what else had the potential to be excellent films? You guessed it: The prequel trilogy.

Honestly if it wasn't for JJ Abrams directing this I'd probably have no hope in this film at all. And I'm not even that big of a star wars fan to begin with.
---
Cool cool.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#31 Posted: 16:48:44 29/11/2014
This is a crap trailer in the first half.

No consistency at all.

Black dude wakes up in desert, astromech droid on top of soccer ball, stormtroopers in some sort of ship or vehicle.

There's not much of a connection you can make out there.

Perhaps it's due to the music I find somewhat unfitting.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#32 Posted: 16:53:26 29/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: MoonHorizons

No consistency at all.

Black dude wakes up in desert, astromech droid on top of soccer ball, stormtroopers in some sort of ship or vehicle.

At least it didn't spoil the whole movie. *cough*Avengers Age of Ultron*cough*
#33 Posted: 18:26:46 29/11/2014

No consistency at all.

Right!?! It is so lame!! The trailer for the first one had that great NIN song; this one is just so corny, argh...

Could Disney really ruin both Marvel and Star Wars??
---
1Jn47
#34 Posted: 19:01:13 29/11/2014
Quote: Plordigian

No consistency at all.

Right!?! It is so lame!! The trailer for the first one had that great NIN song; this one is just so corny, argh...

With a trailer? Methinks you're overreacting.
---
#35 Posted: 19:23:09 29/11/2014

Probably, a little, yeah. I just had a horrible vision of Captain America throwing his shield at a deer-antler-shaped lightsaber-wielding Darth Donald Duck with "Let it Go (dub-step)" blaring in the background...
---
1Jn47
#36 Posted: 20:40:45 29/11/2014

Probably, a little, yeah. I just had a horrible vision of Captain America throwing his shield at a deer-antler-shaped lightsaber-wielding Darth Donald Duck with "Let it Go (dub-step)" blaring in the background...

oh god....
---
Dead
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#37 Posted: 20:40:59 29/11/2014
YAAASSSSSS

WHAT SITH WAS THAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO WITH THE EMPEROR??????????(descendant?)

THOSE X WING EFFECTS
---
henlo
#38 Posted: 22:50:19 29/11/2014
Gotta admit, the X-Wings were pretty rad...

Another hopeful aspect is that John Boyega, Domnhall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, and Oscar Isaac are all pretty exceptional talents who will at least make the trilogy interesting to watch.
---
1Jn47
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#39 Posted: 23:03:19 29/11/2014
my friend messaged me at like 6 in the morning because of how excited he was about this
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6483
#40 Posted: 07:19:03 30/11/2014
I think this looks awesome, with what little we've seen. I guess it could be a secondary sect of sith since technically only 2 sith are supposed to exist at any given time. Or a person fluent in the force that found a sith holocron. Who knows? It also looks like the rebels are more advanced and militarized. Heck, with a Stormtrooper as a main character maybe the rebels are considered bad now? Or the war is so bad both sides might as well be bad. Really I have no idea.

I also like the lightsaber a lot. The hilt could deflect cho mai, the lightsaber move that disarms an opponent by cutting off their hand. Somewhat similar to what happened to Luke in a Empire Strikes Back. For all we know that could have been Luke with that lightsaber. Loved seeing the tie fighters but I wonder why they haven't advanced since the original trilogy. Really excited for it! I'm going to be finished with college by the time the movie comes out though...
#41 Posted: 10:37:13 30/11/2014
Quote: Rendar
I think this looks awesome, with what little we've seen. I guess it could be a secondary sect of sith since technically only 2 sith are supposed to exist at any given time. Or a person fluent in the force that found a sith holocron. Who knows? It also looks like the rebels are more advanced and militarized. Heck, with a Stormtrooper as a main character maybe the rebels are considered bad now? Or the war is so bad both sides might as well be bad. Really I have no idea.

I also like the lightsaber a lot. The hilt could deflect cho mai, the lightsaber move that disarms an opponent by cutting off their hand. Somewhat similar to what happened to Luke in a Empire Strikes Back. For all we know that could have been Luke with that lightsaber. Loved seeing the tie fighters but I wonder why they haven't advanced since the original trilogy. Really excited for it! I'm going to be finished with college by the time the movie comes out though...

Wowsers that is a wonderful observation. I take back what I said about it being cheesy! Very nice!

The theme of faithfully returning to the glory days of episodes 4-6, combined with the focus switching back to heroic rebels in the new animated series, seems to imply that troopers are bad again. Boyega's character could be a defecting trooper, or better yet, in a nod to ep. 4, someone wearing a trooper uniform to blend in. The fact that he's the first person we see, could mean he is the central protagonist. I can't wait to find out! Here's some speculation:

Adam Driver's character is rumored to be interested in Sith artifacts, so he's probably the Sith Apprentice. As for the Master... We've seen someone wear a mask before, seemingly comfortably. They have access to the force, but it was not developed at all in their youth; that usually means they're more susceptible to the Dark Side. And in teaser pictures, the masked one is holding Vader's faceplate, as if contemplating... what her father was like? Could the new Sith Master be none other than Leia Solo? The hooded figure seems somewhat petite. She could also harbor great hatred for her father, killing her mother and even torturing Leia herself while she was a guest aboard the Death Star. More reflections of eps 4-6: the offspring (Luke, Hope) attempting to redeem the parent (Anakin, Leia)? One could almost see Leia, aboard the Falcon, secretly sensing a Tie Fighter pilot's potential with the Force...

Anyone excited for this should go right now and watch the films Attack the Block and About Time, if you haven't already. Both are good sci-fi in totally different ways, and both showcase up-and-coming actors who will be household names once The Force Awakens releases.
---
1Jn47
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:11:17 30/11/2014 by Plordigian
#42 Posted: 14:41:25 30/11/2014

The Sith could be an Inquisitor or the Emperor's Hand.
---
#43 Posted: 14:44:53 30/11/2014 | Topic Creator
JJ Abrams
aa
rr
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6483
#44 Posted: 01:27:52 01/12/2014

The Sith could be an Inquisitor or the Emperor's Hand.

I guess that's true, but that is pretty predictable. It doesn't rule it out but would be kind of dumb, in my opinion. They are already doing that in Star Wars Rebels.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#45 Posted: 01:57:13 01/12/2014
its going to rock...
no its not disneys making it....BUT ITS FREAKING STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!! anyway this movie is going to suck
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:53 01/12/2014 by skylandersspyro
#46 Posted: 02:29:16 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Disney's budget, no Lucas in sight, making people cry from the teaser. This is gonna make people have an orgasm.
#47 Posted: 03:09:15 01/12/2014
Disney's budget, no Lucas in sight, making people cry from the teaser. This is gonna make people have an orgasm.

the trailer already gave me several
#48 Posted: 18:32:54 01/12/2014
JJ Abrams
aa
rr

Yeah... watch Disney let JarJar Binks return, coming back with an intergalactic diploma, and being smarter than everyone else....
---
Dead
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me