Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Golden Queen Species [CLOSED]
dracoslay Blue Sparx Gems: 555
#1 Posted: 21:40:31 20/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I had a thought. Do you think golden queen could be a goldling like sporcket?
---
Magic, Earth, Water, Fire, Tech, Undead, Air, Life
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 21:58:24 20/11/2014
(I haven't finished TT yet so if this involves a spoiler in any way idk)
From the first cutscenes in the game and the model, it's more like she's some normal animated gold statue. Sprocket has actual hair,eyebrows and the like,while the Queen's face features are all painted on except her eyes, and the hair is animated gold as well.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 23:33:41 20/11/2014
Looking at her art and model, she could be a Goldling. She's modeled after the ancient Egyptians, who covered their hair/wore wigs and often shaved off their eyebrows. She's very clearly wearing a head piece that covers her hair, and it honestly looks like she has either very thing eyebrows or none at all.
#4 Posted: 07:43:10 21/11/2014
Well, if its a headpiece even in that pigtail on her back, it's really weird that it moves that way when she walks. But the eyebrows are definately painted on - there's a closeup of her face on the third cutscene she shows up and it's pretty obvious it's just a darker shade of yellow paint like her... whatever's that red in her chin.
---
#5 Posted: 07:54:28 21/11/2014
I haven't seen her in motion, but a headpiece can move in surprisingly intricate ways. In the art, it looks like it's not fully attached to her head. And, like I said, the ancient Egyptians routinely shaved off their eyebrows and painted them back on.
#6 Posted: 10:23:08 21/11/2014
That makes sense, had like 10 minutes of ancient art lecture for my history of art course so I had no idea. I'd still wait for official confirmation tho, because there's still the part where Sprocket has normal proportions while the Queen's are all over the place. Could be just a designer thing but I don't know if the Trap Team villain concept artist worked in other games.
---
#7 Posted: 21:38:55 21/11/2014
I used to write a comic about the Egyptian pantheon (more or less) and have always been interested in their culture/history, so I tend to remember these things. :D

That's a good thing to keep in mind, yeah. But, in the case we never get official confirmation, now there are two plausible ideas for what the Gold Queen is. :)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me