Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > was anyone here ever bullied in school?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
was anyone here ever bullied in school? [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 21:57:30 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
all i can think of was when I was in Kindergarden and some fifth grader used to always make fun of my speech impediment (non existent now, I couldn;t say "r's" and a few other letters) and would tease me a lot.

otherwise i was pretty cool and laid back in school.
#2 Posted: 22:00:12 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I remember being bullied by these three brothers on the bus in elementary school because I was white.

Was being white the minority in your area? o.0
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#3 Posted: 22:10:09 14/11/2014
I have been since I started school, I wish it would stop.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 22:11:18 14/11/2014
In elementary school I got picked on often; mostly 4th grade. Middle school it was still there because I was the nerd that spoke about games with the other nerd. By high school I often kept to myself so nobody bothered me; in fact most were cool with me.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#5 Posted: 22:21:26 14/11/2014
I remember in sixth grade these two girls sitting behind me kept messing with my ponytail and pretended to be my friend and apparently wrote something in my yearbook, but I didn't understand it at the time and my mom erased it. It was only a one time incident because it was one of those situations where two different classes were put into one class for something, so I never saw them again after that.
And this one kid in ninth grade kept messing with me because I told the teacher he was standing out in the hallway messing around when he said he was supposed to be in the bathroom. After that he would call me a snitch or insult me or something, but the teacher loves me so she had it settled within like a week's time.
Other than that, I can't really think of anything. I never really talked to anyone except for my friends, so I guess people didn't see the need to pick on me. Plus I was invisible a lot of the time anyway, so...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#6 Posted: 22:23:08 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
I remember in sixth grade these two girls sitting behind me kept messing with my ponytail and pretended to be my friend and apparently wrote something in my yearbook, but I didn't understand it at the time and my mom erased it. It was only a one time incident because it was one of those situations where two different classes were put into one class for something, so I never saw them again after that.
And this one kid in ninth grade kept messing with me because I told the teacher he was standing out in the hallway messing around when he said he was supposed to be in the bathroom. After that he would call me a snitch or insult me or something, but the teacher loves me so she had it settled within like a week's time.
Other than that, I can't really think of anything. I never really talked to anyone except for my friends, so I guess people didn't see the need to pick on me. Plus I was invisible a lot of the time anyway, so...

Awwww that's totes adorbz
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#7 Posted: 22:23:14 14/11/2014
Yeah, I got bullied when I was about 13-15. I've come to terms with that a long ago, and it doesn't really bug me anymore.

I also did my fair share of picking on some people. Most of those guys are now my good friends.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#8 Posted: 22:23:21 14/11/2014
I feel like most people have been bullied at one point in their lives.

I was picked on in elementary school, mostly for being socially awkward and really quiet.

I'm the complete opposite now: really loud and energetic in school, and lots of friends. I'm definitely more comfortable with myself now and don't care what others may think. I always do silly things in school now, like wear newspaper hats or a banana costume.

You only live once, so don't try and let others put you down. Do what makes you happy, and if others don't appreciate it, that's their problem.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:15 14/11/2014 by Kitty
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#9 Posted: 22:24:21 14/11/2014
I get bullied for having stress ticks. Eh whatever.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#10 Posted: 22:54:39 14/11/2014
Have been, are now.
Whatever.
---
now its time to get funky
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#11 Posted: 23:08:50 14/11/2014
I was bullied (picked on) because of my height, it really did bother me a lot. But now I could care less what they would say, I like being petite. Being petite does have a lot of advantages, if I trip and fall, it's a short distance to the ground. smilie
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#12 Posted: 23:09:24 14/11/2014
In 6th grade I was bullied because I never swore and sucked at sports. Then in 7th grade I was bullied because everyone thought I was gay (Still in the closet *****es)
---
Gay 4 GARcher
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#13 Posted: 23:11:12 14/11/2014
In 1st grade, some guy picked on me for not liking Star Wars. Now, many years later, I've grown, matured, and I still haven't watched Star Wars once.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#14 Posted: 23:14:48 14/11/2014
Yes. Throughout elementary school, I was picked on and was called ***got even back then (before I figured out that I was bisexual). So yeah. Memories I don't wish to relive any time soon.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#15 Posted: 23:15:15 14/11/2014
Quote: zer0dch
all i can think of was when I was in Kindergarden and some fifth grader used to always make fun of my speech impediment (non existent now, I couldn;t say "r's" and a few other letters) and would tease me a lot.

otherwise i was pretty cool and laid back in school.

That happened to me at that age because I was the only one in the class that couldn't pronounce "sh".
I'd get asked "say sheep" by certain kids. It would come out as "seep" and they would laugh. They'd say it because they thought "seep" was funny, I'm sure they weren't trying to be directly mean.

I never took offence to it. Once I could pronounce "sh" they didn't ask me to say "sheep" of course which wasn't long.

My teacher was concerned though so called a speech therapist who said not to worry since you aren't expected to pronounce "sh" till you're 6. I was 4. I still had to do a load of "ss" and "sh" stuff with my mum that were given to her by the speech therapist.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#16 Posted: 00:00:47 15/11/2014
Also, in high school I was asked a few times if I was gay, and once I got a bf I was asked if I was bi. It's not really bullying but it kinda bugged me because.. well.. I'm not either of those. It kinda forced me to change myself a bit, though.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#17 Posted: 00:10:29 15/11/2014
Hm.... I was bullied for being a "nerd" in elementary and middle school (thus far). Coming out (quite recently, in fact,) has only added to it. Living in a Catholicism dominated town hasn't helped.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4523
#18 Posted: 00:46:48 15/11/2014
Yes, still am to this day.
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
#19 Posted: 00:48:23 15/11/2014
Quote: Dark Bro

Welcome to the club Dark Bro
---
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#20 Posted: 00:52:39 15/11/2014
Elementary school, yes. Especially 5th grade, it was absolute hell.

Middle school, I got laughed at because I was doing stupid **** just to fit in. That's kind of my fault.

High school, we all grew up and nobody really picks on anyone anymore. We're all cool.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#21 Posted: 01:31:56 15/11/2014
Yeah, that's me.

So apparently you slip up and "accidentally" issue a death threat to a bully in Gr. 2, and suddenly you're a pariah and known as a murderer forever. You'd think it would make people avoid you, but stupidly it did the opposite...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#22 Posted: 01:37:54 15/11/2014
...It doesn't really matter anymore. That was in the past. ;>.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#23 Posted: 02:23:44 15/11/2014
I was picked on in elementary a lot because I was a very immature child who kept absolutely nothing to herself. I constantly yelled at people who bossed me around or annoyed me, so I made myself a pretty big target. Luckily, that reputation seems to have been forgotten. I can proudly say I get along fine with pretty much everyone who speaks to me.

But other than that, the main reason I've been consistently picked on throughout school is because I'm not very physically attractive according to many people. I never put any emphasis or effort into what I look like, though, and high school has treated me pretty kindly about it; it's all just water under the bridge. I have a fair amount of confidence with myself, the past is the past, etc.

Oh yeah, and I always sucked at sports, so I was picked on a little for that every time I had gym class. I'm not going to be a professional athlete, though, so as long as I'm fit I don't care if I'm good at kicking a ball across a field, lmao

Quote: StormDragon21
In 1st grade, some guy picked on me for not liking Star Wars. Now, many years later, I've grown, matured, and I still haven't watched Star Wars once.

Haha, that reminds me that somewhere in 3rd or 4th grade some kid asked me, "What is wrong with you?" because I said I never watched Star Wars. I still don't care to bother with the series either!
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:47 15/11/2014 by LevanJess
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#24 Posted: 02:37:02 15/11/2014
yeah but i screw with the exact same people so i think its a pretty healthy relationship
#25 Posted: 03:01:52 15/11/2014
Quote: HIR

Do I detect some repressed emotions?
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#26 Posted: 03:56:32 15/11/2014
Now that I think about it, what year wasn't I bullied?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#27 Posted: 04:07:04 15/11/2014
theoretically everybody was bullied.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#28 Posted: 04:28:23 15/11/2014
Okay.

-Sexual harassment, 7th grade
-Got told no one liked me, 7th grade
-Got a rumor that I did drugs spread about me in the 6th grade. (This was spread by a girl whom I maybe said 3 words to) In hindsight though, I did take medications and I'm assuming one of my friends told her that I did this and she told her parents and her parents told her that I did drugs or something.
-A boy used me to get to someone better, 8th grade.
-a buncha **** in elementary school.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#29 Posted: 04:34:43 15/11/2014
Yes. From the start up into early high school until I made it clear I can't be ****ed with.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#30 Posted: 04:52:48 15/11/2014
I used to think it was it was Middle School only, but I got in contact with one of my old friends from Puerto Rico. I learned that we did got picked on in Elementary. I don't remember that, just a couple of fights. What I'm guessing is that they stopped picking on me and continued with him. I can not for the life of me remember that. Like I said, just some fights but not the reason for some of those fights.

In middle school it was just some kid. He was in his last year if middle school and he came to our school in the last semester, so that didn't last long. I didn't really care. Just pushed him off. Thank God he didn't care to respond to that.

In high school I didn't get any issues. Probably because our high school was specially for engineering and all the people in it were more focused on education. And also probably they grew up and realized that bullying has no usefulness outside of school.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:23 15/11/2014 by wspyro
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#31 Posted: 05:42:26 15/11/2014
Nope, never.
Since I barely ever went to school....... ^.^
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#32 Posted: 06:31:15 15/11/2014
Yes... Guys would always pick on me when I was little. Shove me down stairs, steal my stuff, push me around... Until I found out they just had crushes on me, since boys are mean to girls they like (at least in Elementary years xD).
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#33 Posted: 06:33:55 15/11/2014
not much, I'm just the quiet guy
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#34 Posted: 14:29:31 15/11/2014
Quote: Metallo

No, I mean there's literally no point to dwelling on it. Only way to grow is to learn from the experiences and move on. Dwelling on it isn't productive toward working toward whatever goals I have in mind. ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#35 Posted: 14:44:50 15/11/2014

- - -
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#36 Posted: 14:46:26 15/11/2014
When I was at my old school, I was either made fun of or invisible simply because I actually tried in school. Barely anyone else even attempted to do their work, so the people who did the work and did well were considered nerds.

My new school is a completely different story. I haven't been bullied at all. Everyone else does their work like they should and seem to legitimately respect me. Thank goodness I moved, I don't think I would have done well at where my high school would have been if I didn't relocate.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#37 Posted: 15:14:40 15/11/2014
Quote: Metallo

No, I mean there's literally no point to dwelling on it. Only way to grow is to learn from the experiences and move on. Dwelling on it isn't productive toward working toward whatever goals I have in mind. ^.^

That's a great way to look at it ^.^
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10216
#38 Posted: 22:01:24 15/11/2014
I was almost going to post a long boring rant about my experiences of bullying in my different school stages etc. but I decided that it is not that interesting in my case. But to answer this topics question that was I bullied at school? Simple answer is yes, I was and I bullied some people too which I am most deeply ashamed of. It happened, it was not the most pleasant experience of my lifetime but what has been done cannot be undone. One just has to deal with it.

Bullying made its impact on me, my personality and eventually the human being I have become. But let us face it, which happens to everyone who has experienced bullying and it is nothing original or observationally interesting. I went through all the mediocrities of bullied-kid phase. It gave me scars etc. but later in my life I have realized that those experiences actually mean nothing in grand scheme of events to come. As a kid it was hard to ignore and realize the pointlessness of it all but when I’ve matured it is totally different ball game.

I guess that the key is just to move on. Let the past be past, bygones be bygones, and all of those cliché phrases used since time immemorial. I actually have had a couple of chances to show regret and shame of my own actions to the people I’ve bullied and managed to bury the hatchet. Of course I won’t send any Christmas cards to the people that bullied me but I do not carry an infernal grudge because it does not benefit anyone and eats up energy and efficiency away from things that “really matter”. So there you are.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#39 Posted: 22:54:36 15/11/2014
Not yet. o.o

But there is the occasional "lel dunkd u *****" and the tripping act.
---
My life is complete.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#40 Posted: 00:09:59 16/11/2014
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

Same.

Though It hasn't been that bad recently.
#41 Posted: 00:20:41 16/11/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

Same.

Though It hasn't been that bad recently.

Then I came on your guestbook smilie
---
anomyous Blue Sparx Gems: 589
#42 Posted: 00:40:25 16/11/2014
Eh, who hasn't?
---
Anonymous by name, Anonymous by user.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#43 Posted: 01:59:21 16/11/2014
No, in elementary I kept to myself and my 2 friends, didn't talk to anyone else because everyone were jerks.

In High School now if you say or do anything to anyone, being called racist or homophobic is an insult, just like you would call someone a *****.
High School is great.
Templarhunter97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#44 Posted: 05:51:29 16/11/2014
Still going and a new twist into it has just come into play.
---
We work in the dark to serve the light-Nothing is true-Everything is permitted.
And i am still waiting for a sequel to bully smilie
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#45 Posted: 05:54:19 16/11/2014
Olivia: Second grade this girl sat behind me, um... she bullied the entire class. I was her main target. I mainly got beat up, sometimes.... I got a blackeye sometimes um... I never had any friends defend me... um... what else? 1st grade every time I went to recess, this boy, he um.. teased me a whole lot...
and then I think that's the last time. All I can think of. If I find anything more, I'll edit.

Me: There is this boy at school who teases me a lot. Olivia knows who. That means he probably likes me....
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me