Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders TT DARK pack Black Friday deals?!?!
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders TT DARK pack Black Friday deals?!?! [CLOSED]
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#1 Posted: 17:14:22 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyone seen, or heard, of any special deals for the STT DARK starter pack? Any deal would be helpful, but mainly looking for deep Black Friday discounts! Thanks!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:18 13/11/2014 by skylander_chaos
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2 Posted: 18:45:19 13/11/2014
No, and this is expected. Few stores in general have any Dark Starter stock left, so they aren't going to give it prime advertising space, particularly since they aren't guaranteed all of their stores will at least have some stock. TRU hasn't come out yet (at last look), but unless their ad is something like "$xx off ALL Trap Team Starter Packs", you are going to be out of luck as far as a deal goes - the rest of the big boys don't list the Dark Starter.
#3 Posted: 20:09:07 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Awesome that's what I hoped! I have a ton of them to sell and didn't know it I needed to lower my prices or not!
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#4 Posted: 20:13:51 13/11/2014
Quote: skylander_chaos
Awesome that's what I hoped! I have a ton of them to sell and didn't know it I needed to lower my prices or not!

So are you in the market to purchase them or just looking to make some money off the ones you already have?
#5 Posted: 20:15:27 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Both! Laid off and need to do something to survive
---
#6 Posted: 20:24:23 13/11/2014
Both! Laid off and need to do something to survive

You're better off finding a seasonal job rather than flipping Skylanders for profit. The dark editions are not that profitable and people won't be looking for them in the $100 range + $8-15 shipping on EBay once the regular starter packs hit the $37-40 price level in a few weeks. Most of the real collectors have their dark editions already and they are still available for retail with free shipping at Amazon, TRU, and other online websites even though stores don't carry regular stock.
Skykiddo Green Sparx Gems: 112
#7 Posted: 23:46:05 13/11/2014
Do you own scalping research.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#8 Posted: 00:16:48 14/11/2014
I'm sure he doesn't but scalping is a bad investment for trap team. All of the store in my area have tons of any figure out trap you want. The dark editions are piled up everywhere too. Maybe his area doesn't have many left but I could walk into any store walmart target toys r us right now and buy 10 dark tt packs for the same system I wouldn't eden have to mix and match. Figures are the same way. Traps not so much but I could still walk in and get any trap I needed. Walmart especially has boxes and boxes of this crap in the back. They finally made enough for everyone to get what they need even after scalpers waste their money. Look at the ebay prices tons of auctions for retail price of any figure you need. Maybe the scalpers will start looking fir other ways to make money. Absolutely nothing is hard tofindso far. I thought the comic traps at least would be harder to find but my store has 4 pegs full 2 of deja vu and 2 of blades. Id def take his advice and work a seasonal job, they are easy to land and could lead to fill time work. You can't be picky about where u have to work or how much they pay when the alternative is no paycheck. I've done it before at target for a measly 7.50 an hour but it helped me stay afloat until I landed a much better job. Banking on making money off something easily available is a bad idea. Simple supply and demand, Econ 101 stuff and right now the supply overloads the demand by a long shot.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#9 Posted: 00:50:17 14/11/2014
" I got laid off " ....so I figured I would spend whatever last cash / paycheck I have on a readily available set of toys instead of get ahead on bills, food, and other necessities in the event I don't get a job soon. FIRST WORLD BRILLIANCE
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#10 Posted: 00:55:16 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
If I buy in bulk with my tax ID number, and use gift cards that I purchase at a discount, I can get the dark sets for around $40 each out of pocket.. I'm no scalper by any means, and would pass the savings on by selling them for $80 each shipped.. I know it's only a $30 profit, after I ship and pay fees, but hey, in these tough times, it's something.. And if I've got 20 sets, it adds up for a day or so worth of work, and if the sets don't go on sale, that helps me and the buyer save some Christmas money smilie
---
#11 Posted: 03:21:49 14/11/2014
If I buy in bulk with my tax ID number, and use gift cards that I purchase at a discount, I can get the dark sets for around $40 each out of pocket.. I'm no scalper by any means, and would pass the savings on by selling them for $80 each shipped.. I know it's only a $30 profit, after I ship and pay fees, but hey, in these tough times, it's something.. And if I've got 20 sets, it adds up for a day or so worth of work, and if the sets don't go on sale, that helps me and the buyer save some Christmas money smilie

No worries...I feel for you & hope you get on your toes, but you're doing an awful lot of work for minimal return. I can get an $80 set of Trap Team dark edition any day of the week with my Gamers Club Unlocked membership at Best Buy. Keep in mind that a lot of people have dropped out of the Skylanders franchise as it is well past it's peak...parents have wisened up to the cash grab and are opting not to buy their kids the new games and a majority of those left still in the market for the game will be smart about their purchase parting with only $37-40 for the regular starter edition around Black Friday. If you do wish to take part in the whole resale thing you describe, you're better off buying Smash Brothers or one of the more buzzed about games for PS4 or XBox One. You can do the resell thing and also pick up a seasonal job or two. Resale should not be your #1 gameplan for surviving this holiday season.
#12 Posted: 03:31:04 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Oh it's not, just trying to pay for Christmas with it! I still get a salary while laid off, just not the 6 figures I'm used to.. Thanks for all the advice though, it's always appreciated :-)
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me