Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How I failed at life [CLOSED]
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12070
#1 Posted: 06:20:28 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I have no idea what I'm doing with my life anymore. A few months ago I was notified that I have been kicked out of my university program and since then when I'm not working or watching anime I'm off getting drunk and smoking pot. For the last two months that's all I've done after work most nights. I've put myself so far into debt it's not even funny. I probably owe well over $10,000 and I'm stuck at a dead-end fast food job. I barely get by, live paycheck to paycheck and smoke almost a pack of cigarettes a day. I am easily the most pathetic person on this site. I have no plans for the future other than living at my parents until I get the boot and then I'll probably be living in my car. It really sucks and I have no one to blame but myself for slacking off. Don't make the same mistakes I did, that's for sure.

Ah well, c'est la vie.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:23:39 13/11/2014 by Spyroboy
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 06:26:14 13/11/2014
Quote: Spyroboy
I have no idea what I'm doing with my life anymore. A few months ago I was notified that I have been kicked out of my university program and since then when I'm not working or watching anime I'm off getting drunk and smoking pot. For the last two months that's all I've done after work most nights. I've put myself so far into debt it's not even funny. I probably owe well over $10,000 and I'm stuck at a dead-end fast food job. I barely get by, live paycheck to paycheck and smoke almost a pack of cigarettes a day. I am easily the most pathetic person on this site. I have no plans for the future other than living at my parents until I get the boot and then I'll probably be living in my car. It really sucks and I have no one to blame but myself for slacking off. Don't make the same mistakes I did, that's for sure.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Spyroboy.

I've known you for years. You're a fantastic person and you can overcome this. Please, PM me. Or get on skype.

I'm there for you every step of the way, man.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:26:29 13/11/2014 by zer0dch
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 06:29:05 13/11/2014
First things first you need to stop with the cigarettes. Alcohol and pot aren't exactly the most healthy or cheapest things, but cigarettes are pathetically draining on a person's finances and is the most harmful to your health. Once you cut down on them you'll probably save yourself hundreds a month, as well as vastly improve your health.

After that then we can tackle the booze and weed. Alcohol doesn't come cheap either and smoking weed lowers productivity. Not to mention if you show up for a job interview when escaping fast food intoxicated or having smoked anything in the recent past, your ass is out. In moderation this stuff probably isn't too terrible, but it's clearly draining on you and it's sounding like you're becoming dependent on it to get by.

If you went straight to university from high school, go to a community college. Considerably cheaper, they have loans and grants, and you may be able to get an idea of what you want to do with your life. Not to mention you may be able to find a job on campus that, while not necessarily paying well, could be a good alternative to the current fast food job you have.

You're not completely without hope. But it's going to take some effort on your part.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#4 Posted: 07:00:27 13/11/2014
Do what you must to get rid off your addiction. Start using your money for necessities only.
CAV pretty much summed it up.
Quote: CAV
First things first you need to stop with the cigarettes. Alcohol and pot aren't exactly the most healthy or cheapest things, but cigarettes are pathetically draining on a person's finances and is the most harmful to your health. Once you cut down on them you'll probably save yourself hundreds a month, as well as vastly improve your health.

After that then we can tackle the booze and weed. Alcohol doesn't come cheap either and smoking weed lowers productivity. Not to mention if you show up for a job interview when escaping fast food intoxicated or having smoked anything in the recent past, your ass is out. In moderation this stuff probably isn't too terrible, but it's clearly draining on you and it's sounding like you're becoming dependent on it to get by.

If you went straight to university from high school, go to a community college. Considerably cheaper, they have loans and grants, and you may be able to get an idea of what you want to do with your life. Not to mention you may be able to find a job on campus that, while not necessarily paying well, could be a good alternative to the current fast food job you have.

You're not completely without hope. But it's going to take some effort on your part.

Right.
Fight for a good life. You'll be proud of it and have a testimony to tell those that are going through the same problem.

And let your friends help you.
Quote: zer0dch

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Spyroboy.

I've known you for years. You're a fantastic person and you can overcome this. Please, PM me. Or get on skype.

I'm there for you every step of the way, man.

You already have someone willing. Talk to him.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:02:36 13/11/2014 by wspyro
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#5 Posted: 14:57:17 13/11/2014
CAV has pretty much given all the advice I can't give.

So all I have to say is, good luck.
Make sure you stay optimistic about changing your future.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#6 Posted: 17:24:03 13/11/2014

This.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#7 Posted: 21:56:13 13/11/2014
I've got something I want you to do, but once you do it there's no turning back, ok? Do this in the weekend, or some other time when you don't have to worry about going to work and you can concentrate.
I want you to make a list. Take some paper, and make a list of every mistake you've ever made. Every grudge, regret, missed opportunity, heartbreak, etc. All of it. It's going to be a long list, mine was as well.

Put that list in a bottle. Go outside and bury it. Mark the spot with a rock.

Go to sleep.

When you wake up, take your time. Maybe have a cup of coffee, or do some stretching. Make yourself comfortable.
Go outside to the place where you buried the bottle. Stay there for a while, let it sink in.

Realize that all the mistakes you've ever made are gone. You've beaten them, because you're still above the ground and breathing. A fresh start.

I realize it's just a symbolic gesture, but listen here. You've got a job, a home, a family. You've got food to eat, internet access, all that... Man, you're richer than most.
You've got the means to change your life around, what you need is motivation.
I'm with you here. I'll give you all the verbal support I can, but you've got to want this change. You can't wallow in self-pity and think there's nothing you can do anymore. You've got to fight for your future.

Like CAV said, the first thing to do is to drop smoking. It's easily the most expensive one of your bad habits, and most harmful to your health.
Instead of buying smokes and beer, maybe go buy a book. A really big one, something that interests you. Whenever you're hurting for things to do and think about getting drunk or high, read that book instead. Or if you don't feel like reading, go for a walk or look for stuff online that you can do. Jobs, community college, whatever. The important thing is to not forget what you're trying to accomplish and why.

This is how it starts.

Also, here's a video that I found really inspiring a year back. Take a look.

MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#8 Posted: 02:18:31 14/11/2014

MoonHorizons has liked this
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#9 Posted: 08:00:18 14/11/2014
Spyroboy it's terrible that this has happened to you, since I remember you being a great friend to me when I was more active on this site. :(

Definitely take CAV's advice. Try your best to give up your addictions, the smoking in particular, since they're most likely the cause of your money draining away (and they're bad for your health). And get help from friends/family.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Templarhunter97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#10 Posted: 10:25:25 14/11/2014
Hey I don't know you but geez I feel bad for you.

Addictions who am I to judge yeah addictions are bad but hay we all do it. I don't smoke but I do play video games and go on the computer a lot average 10-12 hours a day between school and home mostly on video games. unless it not a video game like mathletics I'm not really interested.

By the way I go bananas if I want to beat someone high score I go the same thing over and over until I achieve what I want.

I really feel bad for you I hope something comes up.

Hope you win the lotto
---
We work in the dark to serve the light-Nothing is true-Everything is permitted.
And i am still waiting for a sequel to bully smilie
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#11 Posted: 12:16:45 14/11/2014
Spyroboooooy.. I'm here for you if you ever wanna talk ;w; <3

Quote: AmethystRose

This.

This this.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#12 Posted: 20:07:42 14/11/2014

This pretty much, but I have something to add.

All of this will be useless if you don't believe that you can change this. Believing in your own capabilities is what is going to change the world. You don't need fame or fortune, but you need to believe in yourself. I hope you get through this.
---
now its time to get funky
#13 Posted: 07:54:53 15/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I should get help.
---
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#14 Posted: 07:56:22 15/11/2014
yo man, stop smoking cigarettes, #Quitnow
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#15 Posted: 09:18:38 15/11/2014
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

This pretty much, but I have something to add.

All of this will be useless if you don't believe that you can change this. Believing in your own capabilities is what is going to change the world. You don't need fame or fortune, but you need to believe in yourself. I hope you get through this.

this

because in the end it will all be worth it
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:19:19 15/11/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#16 Posted: 00:01:56 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
Spyroboooooy.. I'm here for you if you ever wanna talk ;w; <3

Quote: AmethystRose

This.

This this.

Thank you :3
---
#17 Posted: 03:45:09 17/11/2014
Good luck!

smilie
---
#18 Posted: 08:41:11 24/11/2014 | Topic Creator
It's been a whole week since I've drank or gotten high, so things are starting to get a tiny bit better.
---
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#19 Posted: 08:44:08 24/11/2014
Good job, you can get through this!!
#20 Posted: 08:51:14 24/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you :3
---
#21 Posted: 09:01:15 24/11/2014
You can do it one step at a time.
---
#22 Posted: 09:05:10 24/11/2014
It's been a whole week since I've drank or gotten high, so things are starting to get a tiny bit better.

That's great, man. That's a huge first step.

Keep it up.
#23 Posted: 17:16:22 26/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Well it's been over a month now and I've stopped completely.
---
#24 Posted: 17:29:30 26/12/2014
Good to hear that. I bet you've already noticed the positive change?
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#25 Posted: 19:33:08 26/12/2014

Hooray!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#26 Posted: 19:39:13 26/12/2014
I hope your life gets better smilie but you need to lay off the drugs (that includes the cigarettes) including the alchohol! It can KILL YOU!!! The side effects arent worth the value of LIFE!!!!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#27 Posted: 19:43:39 26/12/2014

Fantastic news. Good to hear you're on the right path.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#28 Posted: 21:45:59 26/12/2014
Yaaaaayyy Spyrobooooy!! smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#29 Posted: 21:59:14 26/12/2014
I'm very happy for you. ^.^
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#30 Posted: 06:02:47 27/12/2014
I wish you the best of luck, Spyroboy. I'm sure you can overcome this.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#31 Posted: 06:03:20 27/12/2014
Good to hear about your progress! Keep us posted, we're rooting for you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me