Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Don't Starve! (Survival RP, Take Two)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Don't Starve! (Survival RP, Take Two) [CLOSED]
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#251 Posted: 15:43:00 14/01/2015
"Thanks!" I replied, touched by this dragon's kindness. I gazed out of the forest, wondering if my fellow angel was finding everything alright out there. I knew he was accustomed to wilderness survival and was a lone wolf at heart, but for some reason I couldn't help but long for his safety.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8963
#252 Posted: 01:41:08 16/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Foxtail and Treetop started heading back to camp, making use of Treetop's portal gun to cover more ground more quickly, while also grabbing bundles of wood and sticks on the way. The squibbon noticed that his treasured device seemed to be malfunctioning- that is, he could not fire off consecutive portals for reasons unknown. He didn't want to risk damaging it further by tinkering with it, so he decided to leave it be and run diagnostics when he got home... if he got home...
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#253 Posted: 02:48:46 16/01/2015
Ki carried Lotus back to camp "Hey sis, look who we found" He said

Virtu looked over and saw Lotus "Hi sis!" She said

"That's good" I said, nodding at Treetop to say hello

((Sky, don't forget about Jenny))
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#254 Posted: 03:37:00 16/01/2015
Chico leaped for the squirrel. He caught it and killed it with a bite to the neck. His mouth watered. It looked delicious... But he should bring it back for the others. Right? Chico shook his head, unsure. He
picked it up. Maybe if he found something else to eat. He trotted deeper into the forest, looking for something more food.
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#255 Posted: 13:05:04 16/01/2015
"Are you homesick?" I asked Shadmé. "You're looking out in the forest like you long for something."
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#256 Posted: 20:52:52 16/01/2015
I turned back to Skyward as I heard her voice again. "Homesick?" I hadn't really thought about that. My home was Skyworld, sure, but I was used to missions that would take me far from the heavenly realm.
"Not exactly," I admitted. "It's-" I blushed, rubbing the back of my head. "It's...Dark Pit." After a pause, I added, "The dark angel," just in case Skyward didn't know who I was talking about. "I know him well. He worries me, right now. I don't think he likes the company, but I'm afraid for him." Something told me it was more than that, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

OoC: Skyhunter, could you post on Avatar Mishap? :3
---
#257 Posted: 04:32:07 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Waving to Austin and Jenny, Foxtail's keen ears picked up a feminine voice, and traced it back to a stranger to the group, an angel girl in black and red attire. Even though he could confidently say he didn't recognize the girl, he couldn't shake the feeling that she seemed somewhat familiar. A distant memory... Either way, he walked up to the angel girl and greeted her warmly. "Hey, you must be new around here" he said, introducing himself. "Name's Foxtail."

"Hey, sis!" Lotus said with a wide grin. A feeling of great enthusiasm filled her mind. Not only was her boyfriend here, but her half-siblings were here, and they had set up a base, too! And best of all- she proved Treetop wrong! This was great! The platinum blonde vixen glanced at her other friend with a cocky smirk. "Told ya I was onto something" she playfully bragged. The squibbon just rolled his eyes.

Jenny was getting bored. Not only was their camp pretty empty, but a situation like this called for grand adventure, and so far, all she'd done was just sit at camp. "Say, Austin?" she asked the brown-haired boy. "We got a little while before dark. What do you say we do a little exploring?"
---
#258 Posted: 04:38:47 21/01/2015
"Sure Jenny" I said as I got up

Virtu walked over and hugged Lotus "Its great to see you" She said

Ki looked at Shadmé "Who are you ma'am?" He asked
---
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#259 Posted: 05:17:05 21/01/2015
((Is it to late to join???))
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#260 Posted: 16:14:49 21/01/2015
I jumped as I realized I wasn't alone with Skyward anymore. Two anthro foxes were walking up to us. One had gray fur and reminded me very much of Virtu. The other was golden furred and seemed to have a bold air of confidence. If I had to guess, I'd say he was the leader here.
As soon as he started speaking, I realized I was right. Virtru had told me their leader was one named Foxtail. "Hello!" I greeted, surprised by their politeness. Perhaps it wouldn't be too difficult to fit in after all. "You could say I'm new! My name's Shadmé." I dipped my head in respect. "Is it alright if I join your camp, and act as a messenger for Dark Pit? I know him quite well, and though he isn't willing to join your group quite yet, he believes it's a good idea to keep in touch."
---
#261 Posted: 19:18:28 21/01/2015
"If Foxtail is ok with it, I'm Ki" Ki said with a smile
---
#262 Posted: 00:31:49 22/01/2015
"Another wild spirit?" Skyward asked. "I might know someone like that, who can use his tail as a flashlight but I don't know where he is."
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#263 Posted: 03:04:21 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
[You can join if you want StoryGirl, the more the merrier! Just fill out the character chart.]

"Sounds like a plan! Welcome aboard!" Foxtail admitted Shadmé into the party, extending a welcoming paw of friendship with a sincere smile. Despite receiving a shifty vibe from the dark angel boy, he had to agree that staying in touch would be a good habit. It's dangerous to go alone, especially in uncharted territory, and the system would keep a wary eye on Dark Pit for everyone's safety. "So, about this Dark Pit, he your boyfriend or somethin'?" The desert fox chuckled as he spoke in a teasing manner, bracing himself for some backlash on Shadmé's part.
---
#264 Posted: 03:11:54 22/01/2015
"So Jenny, where should we explore?" I asked

Virtu looked at Shadmé, curiously waiting for her answer
---
#265 Posted: 03:37:57 22/01/2015
"Thank you, Ki and Foxtail!" I replied with a smile back. I was very happy that everyone was getting along so well. When you're lost in the wilderness, it's a good thing to have high spirits and plenty of company!
Foxtail's next question made me get a major blush on my face. I chuckled back, nervously rubbing the back of my head. "H-heh, boyfriend? No way! I just…we come from the same place, and all, and I've known him for quite awhile, and he trusts me, I think..." I rambled.
---
#266 Posted: 06:33:35 22/01/2015
Name: Joannah. She goes by Joey.
Appearance:
She is about 5'2 and has long white hair that fades to blue and black at the ends. She has strange heterochromic eyes. They are both green but one has gold spots and the other has silver in it. Her bangs tend to hang over her left eye which is the one with the gold in it and under her left eye is a strange black tattoo like symbol for insanity. She is really pale and is always wearing a grey long sleeved short dress with black leggings and thigh high leather riding boots.
Strengths/Weaknesses: She doesn't work well during the day and usually sleeps and likes to be up at night. She has slight insanity and is schizophrenic. She can be seen talking to things that arent there and likes to avoid people. She can see well in the dark but gets headaches in bright lights.
Special Items (up to two): A large fuzzy blanket and a pocket knife.
Other?: She likes to sing quietly to herself.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:51:00 22/01/2015 by StoryGirl
#267 Posted: 14:31:17 22/01/2015
Chico saw a rabbit bounding along. Perfect, he thought, creeping up on it, getting ready to chase. Finally, once he was close enough Chico lunged, leaping for the rabbit, but to his surprise, the rabbit turned around and bit him straight on the nose. Pain seared through the dog's nose but he ignored it, killing the rabbit. What was wrong with it? He looked at his prey. It took Chico moment to realize his nose was bleeding. He picked up the rabbit in his jaws and set off to get his squirrel and go back to camp. After he got the squirrel, he decided, he would tend to his nose.
---
#268 Posted: 17:02:37 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
[Accepted StoryGirl]

Foxtail gave another lighthearted chuckle. "It's cool, I was just messin' with ya."

"Oh, I don't know, I just thought it'd be nice to take a little walk" Jenny said, wandering out into the woods.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:42 22/01/2015 by Skyhunter
#269 Posted: 21:04:41 22/01/2015
Virtu knew Shadmé was lying, but for the sake of the group, she didn't say anything

I followed Jenny "It really is, other than the fact we have no clue what's out here" I said
---
#270 Posted: 02:08:27 23/01/2015
Joannah sat quietly in the woods. She had woken up in this place several hours earlier. She had her blanket wrapped about her covering her face to dim the light of the day. She dragged her small dagger through the dirt and drew symbols matching the one on her face under her right eye. She could hear laughter off in the distance but ignored it. She didnt want to go toward large groups but she didnt want to move now eaither sense it was day and she had a horrible headache anyway. She sighed and sheathed her dagger and crawled under a nearby evergreen and tried to go to sleep.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#271 Posted: 02:13:07 23/01/2015
"Anyway, what should we do?" Skyward asked. "We know where to get food, and we can make stuff, so what do we do now?"
---
#272 Posted: 02:15:51 23/01/2015
"Lets see what tools we could make" Ki said
---
#273 Posted: 02:18:33 23/01/2015
"Eheh, yeah, I see," I chuckled, now trying to keep my cool. His question made me wonder...
...But I didn't have time for trivial matters! Skyward was right- we needed food and proper things, but this group apparently could handle that. "Shelter? Water?" I suggested.

Dark Pit hopped down from his tree and walked to get some supplies. Along the way, he noticed a girl napping under a tree. It startled him for a moment as he reached for his bow, then he stopped. No, this wasn't Lightmé. Just another girl who'd gotten lost, it seemed. The dark angel sighed, relieved that Lightmé hadn't come to rain her vengeance after all.
---
#274 Posted: 02:21:55 23/01/2015
Joannah wasnt completely asleep and she heard someone drop from one of the trees. She stayed still but slowly moved unsheathing her dagger. She stayed quiet and hoped that who ever it was would just go away.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#275 Posted: 02:33:24 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
"Well, that's a part of the fun! You don't know what awaits you until you check it out!" Jenny wandered into the seemingly endless gathering of evergreens, drawing a mental map as she went; that way, they could find their way back before dark. A stroll through he forest would have been a serene pleasure under most circumstances, but this one had a gloomy air to it. The eerie silence only added to the creepy factor the reduced visibility brought to the table, only broken by the occasional caw of a crow- or was it a raven? Immature saplings along with dormant mushrooms were mixed in with the piney trees, and surrounded by a patch of dark, thorny, flowers was a bare, twisted-looking tree with what looked suspiciously like a face. Jenny could have sworn it was watching them...

The teenage robot shook her head. A tree with a face? That's nonsense. Glancing around, something else caught her attention. It was a bulbous, white thready object, which seemed to shake every so often. Jenny looked at Austin. "I wonder what that is?"
---
#276 Posted: 02:41:22 23/01/2015
Dark Pit almost turned away to resume the hunt for his resources, only for the shine of...something to catch his eye. Right next to the girl's hand. He stared at her warily, red eyes focused, and did not move. A knife? He pulled out his bow in response. No more Mr. Nice Angel. If she attacked, he'd defend. He only had to wait and make sure she wasn't a threat.
---
#277 Posted: 02:48:06 23/01/2015
"Whatever we can make" Virtu said

"Don't touch it! I don't think its safe Jenny" I said as I got infront of the robot just incase anything happened
---
#278 Posted: 02:49:14 23/01/2015
Joannah could see the man in the reflection off the blade and saw him looking at her and when she saw his red eyes she freaked out a bit and pulled the blanket around her and moved behind the tree.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#279 Posted: 03:01:21 23/01/2015
Dark Pit's eyes widened in surprise. Duh. She was just using the blade for defense! He felt a little dumb. Of course, those who did not know about him might think he was a threat. Deciding to leave the girl alone, he turned to leave. After a beat, he said "I did not mean to scare you. My name's Dark Pit." Hoping she'd heard him, he disappeared into the foliage.
---
#280 Posted: 03:29:43 23/01/2015
"How about we make a way out of this place?" Skyward growled. "Although I've got a feeling it's not going to be that easy…"
---
#281 Posted: 03:37:35 23/01/2015
Joannah heard him and then watched him leave. She put away the dagger and leaned against the tree pulling the blanket tightly around her.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#282 Posted: 04:55:20 23/01/2015
I raised an eyebrow. "Out? Define 'out.' There seems to be forest wherever we look..." I wasn't trying to sound harsh, but I didn't know if there was an end to this strange place.
---
#283 Posted: 04:58:53 23/01/2015
"We're not sure ourselves" Virtu said
---
#284 Posted: 21:24:49 23/01/2015
((I'm having a little bit of trouble remembering))

"Maybe it's more like a dimension…" I thought aloud. "Can that machine help?" I walked over to the Science Machine and started flipping switches and pressing buttons.
---
#285 Posted: 21:49:41 23/01/2015
Chico grunted. He was thirsty. He carried his prey, careful not to get his nose blood all over the food. He looked around for water. Eventually, Chico found a stream. He placed the squirrel and rabbit on the bank, and started drinking. Afterwards, he washed his bloody nose.
---
#286 Posted: 22:36:28 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
[Oh, there's a way out, but don't think Maxwell will let you escape too easily. smilie]

Treetop furrowed his brow, taking the group's theories into consideration. Earlier analysis indicated that this plane was some form of an island, but the ocean surrounding was far too rough for maritime travel to be a feasible means of escape; on top of that, there didn't seem to be any sign of land for many miles. And if this strange world was some form of limbo, a slip between dimensions, that would seriously hamper the possibility of a simple path back home.

The squibbon got up, propping himself up high with his four longer tentacles, and addressed his fellow survivors with bold confidence. "While I doubt that the solution to our predicament will be as simple as the press of a button, however we managed to enter this dreary plane must have an exit as well. Doors open two ways, and if said door is locked, locks may be picked or broken. So long as we keep our heads and the elements favor us, I am quite convinced that we will find our ways out."

Almost as if on cue, the object shook a few more times and a trio of large black spiders emerged with a loud hiss. A spider nest- well, that answers what it was. Jenny jumped back in surprise as the ravenous arachnids started crawling towards she and Austin. "Looks like we've got trouble!"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:48 23/01/2015 by Skyhunter
#287 Posted: 23:46:55 23/01/2015
"Nice speech, but what does it mean?" I growled.
---
#288 Posted: 00:04:46 24/01/2015
Joannah from where she was heard the hissing of the spiders and heard the people and moved closer to the noise. She peered through the brush and saw the spiders. She backed into the brush pulling off her blanket then carefully moved to the nest and without stepping on the surrounding web tossed her blanket over the nest trapping any remaining spiders inside. She tied the blanket around the base of the nest and then jumped onto the nest feeling it give way under her crushing what ever was left inside.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#289 Posted: 01:31:48 24/01/2015
"Yeah" I said as I kicked a spider, then I saw what Joannah did "Who are you?" I asked as I punched another spider

"Makes sense Treetop" Ki said

"He means that if there's a way in here, there's a way out" Virtu explained
---
#290 Posted: 01:45:48 24/01/2015
Joannah looked up at Jenny. She untied her blanket and backed up a bit. She just wanted to help she didnt want to get involved with their little survival group. She pulled her blankets free of the webby mess and took off back into the trees running to get away from them hoping to lose them in the process.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#291 Posted: 02:39:28 24/01/2015
I nodded slowly as one of the group began to explain the situation. I supposed that made sense. But amongst all this survival, would we get time to investigate for 'doors?' I scratched my head. Guess that was what the survival pros did. I hadn't a clue where to start.

Dark Pit hit a bird with an arrow, then watched as it fell to the ground. It seemed there were a lot of familiar creatures here that he knew were edible. He wouldn't have a problem. Walking over to pick up the bird, his fellow dark-winged angel entered his mind. Was Shadmé alright? He'd been the one to recommend her to the group, and he hoped she was being taken care of. His hand tightened into a fist. If they mistreated her, that group would never hear the end of it from him, he assured himself.
---
#292 Posted: 02:51:00 24/01/2015
"Don't worry," I comforted, "that guy confused me as well." I focused only on Shadmé, trying not to let that Treetop guy hear my… thoughts? I had no idea what to call them.
---
#293 Posted: 04:07:16 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Jenny turned to thank the mysterious girl, but she vanished back into the pines before she got the chance. Who was she? Another innocent soul lost here, or perhaps somebody native? Either way, the robot girl could feel that their paths would cross again. After stomping out the last spider, she collected the spoils of battle. The spiders provided some meat, but its flesh was a sickly purple with prickly black skin, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch if it contained toxins. Simply put, it didn't look very appetizing. But they couldn't just let a potential meal go to waste, even if it was something as putrid as this.

Gathering up the silk the nest was made of, Jenny also took a certain gland from one of the spidery corpses, one that was undisputedly a poison gland. But hey, it had to have its uses somehow, right? Maybe Treetop could do something with it. "Well, I guess that's enough of a walk for now, ready to head back?" she asked Austin. It was getting late, and they should warn the others about such potential dangers as that.

[Oh, and before I forget, I'd just like to say that resurrection is possible here. I'll say more tomorrow, so for now, good night, everybody!]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:09:34 24/01/2015 by Skyhunter
#294 Posted: 04:14:06 24/01/2015
"Sure Jenny, but there's one thing I want to do first" I said before kissing Jenny

Virtu and Ki smiled as they sat down "Lotus, come and sit with us" Ki said
---
#295 Posted: 05:58:34 24/01/2015
Joannnah finally stopped and looked up at the sky seeing it getting closer to dusk. She smiled and sat down and began to pull the spider silk from her blanket. After she had several strands she braided and tied them into a small bracelet. As the sky got darker her eyes started to glow in the gold and silver parts.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#296 Posted: 15:13:50 24/01/2015
"Yeah..." I murmured to the dragon. "I hope we can figure out what all this means soon."
---
#297 Posted: 15:32:35 24/01/2015
Chico finally arrived back at the base. He put down his prey, glancing around, wondering if anyone was still here.
---
#298 Posted: 01:26:50 26/01/2015
Joannah sighed and pulled the blanket around herself before hearing her stomach growl. She was hungry and hadn't eaten anything but a few berries in a while and eating the strange meat that the spiders dropped made her sick so she knew better then to eat it. She sighed and got up. Maybe joining the people wouldnt be such a bad idea. She would just sleep during the day and at night she would keep the fire stoked and collect flowers and maybe farm.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#299 Posted: 02:05:01 28/01/2015 | Topic Creator
[Ah, laziness. My old friend's come back to haunt me.]
[So like I said, resurrection is something that can be done in this RP. There are three methods, all taken from the game itself:]
  • Touch Stone
  • A touch stone is a slab of stone with a few symbols carved into it, surrounded by four pig heads stuck on pikes. They are found randomly in the world, but aren't very common, and spaced pretty far apart. It will activate when somebody touches it, and will remember the first character to touch it. Should that character die later on, they will be resurrected at the nearest Touch Stone they've activated, after which the stone will be destroyed and its rubble can be taken as loot.
  • Life-Giving Amulet
  • This ruby-encrusted golden amulet will slowly heal the wounds of whoever wears it, at the cost of draining their hunger faster. If a character dies while wearing it, it will bring them back to life and then be destroyed. We'll learn how to make one later, but you can find it other ways. I was planning on having some of us visit a graveyard tomorrow... maybe you'll dig one up?
  • Meat Effigy
  • We'll learn how to make these at about the same time as the Life-Giving Amulet, but the idea is that it will lower your character's maximum health slightly, but will bring them back to life if they die and, of course, be destroyed afterward, restoring the lost maximum health.

[Obviously, there will be a few penalties for coming back from the dead, namely, your three stats (health, hunger, sanity) will be set to half of their maximum, regardless of what they were before. Of course, it's your choice if one of your characters dies, so I won't be forcibly killing anyone off. And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.]

[So, that's it! And without any further delay...]

Lotus sat down next to her siblings with a grin on her face. "So, how you liking this new world so far?" she sarcastically asked.

Jenny was a little surprised by Austin's sudden kiss, but she still smiled regardless. "Let's get back to camp" she said, pulling up the map in her memory banks. On the way back, she passed that same odd tree again, and she just couldn't shake the feeling that it really was watching her every move. She'd encountered the paranormal before, but... this was something else...
    Nah, she was just being paranoid. She tried to reassure herself. It was just a tree. A totally normal tree.
    ---
    #300 Posted: 02:36:43 28/01/2015
    "It would be ok if it was home" Virtu said

I followed alongside Jenny and held her when we passed the tree "Its going to be ok Jenny" I said
    ---
    First | Previous | Page 6 of 12 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me