Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Things You Saw on TV [CLOSED]
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#1 Posted: 15:41:12 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I thought of this topic after watching a few documentaries and thinking "wow, that was interesting and would make for a decent conversation."

So come and discuss whatever you watched on TV that made you want to share it. All posts should be in spoilers with visible text stating what show/documentary/movie your discussing and if (at all) there's any "offensive" or "politically incorrect" content. I just don't want this topic to prematurely die like all my others.

Here's mine:

From "Unusual Suspects"
Contains: manslaughter, gore descriptions and spoilers if you want to watch the show.
I have a fondness for watching murder shows. Not ones like NCIS or CSI, no, I like watching shows about real murders. I find them far more interesting, don't ask me why, I'm not a murderer I just find real situations are more (obviously) realistic, entertaining and keep my attention.

Anyways, this show focuses on murder cases that are far from straightforward. Many are cold cases and seeming impossible to resolve, but all cases in this show are closed/solved cases where someone is incriminated. All the episodes I've seen so far the weapon used and the cause of death is apparent when the body is discovered. However the episode I recently saw, the coroner was confused as to how a lone man with no marks on his body except for a small bruise on his chest and nothing toxic in his bloodstream suddenly died on the floor. When the body was opened, his heart, liver, pancreas and intestines were pulverized. He also had a small tear at the bottom of his scrotum which the coroner deduced it was from a kick and the multiple ruptured organs from a violent physical beating even though the room he was found in showed no signs of a physical break in. The case was suddenly turned into a homicide investigation.

This occurred in a hotel, so many people in surrounding rooms were interviewed with almost none of them showing any signs of being linked to the murder. In the room next door on the night of the murder, there was a party where three men played loud music and drank early into the morning. When interviewed they seemed shocked about the murder, stating they had no idea it occurred. With no incriminating evidence, the three were removed as suspects. Several months went by with no new information on the case. The family of the victim hired a PI to take the investigation who after looking at the autopsy photos and talking to maintenance personnel in the hotel eventually discovered that one of the three men next door to the victim had killed him. How he killed him is the bizarre part.

The wife of the victim said at night he liked to lie on the top of his bed and watch a movie. One of the men next door wanted to show of his new 9mm pistol. Being drunk, he accidentally pulled the trigger firing a single shot into the wall. Since they were having a party with loud music, the sound of the shot being fired may have been drowned out. The bullet didn't stop after hitting the wall. After exiting the wall into the victim's room, it makes its way entering through the victim's testicles, intestines, liver, pancreas, heart and stops. All this happened whilst the man lay down on his back on the bed. He stumbles of the bed and collapses on the floor as he apparently tried to make his way to the door.

My first thought, what the ****. That's got to be one of the most strange and unfortunate ways to die. Killed by accident with a one in a billion shot. How did the coroner miss a bullet like hole in the victim's pants and heart? It was so... weird. Something about the whole investigation didn't seem right.

From "Air Crash Investigation" ("Mayday" in the States)
Contains: Spoilers from "Breaking Bad"

I think the last episode from season 2 of "Breaking Bad" is based on actual events. I watched an episode about a mid air collision over LA in 1986 where a smaller aircraft hit the tail of a large passenger plane ripping the horizontal stabilizer (The horizontal smaller wing like structure at the back of the aircraft on or below the vertical stabilizer (the tail that is painted with the airliner's company logo.)) Both planes fell out of the sky killing everyone on-board both aircraft and killing several people on the ground.

It didn't sound too similar to the collision in Breaking Bad, but this is a weird coincidence if it's true since the name of the air traffic controller coordinating the planes was Walter White.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:42:25 10/11/2014 by Spyro Fanatic
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#2 Posted: 20:00:18 10/11/2014
From "American Blackout"

I was honestly amazed by this. It is a documentary on what would happen if all of America lost power for 2 weeks. It seemed realistic, but it was honestly a bit freaky. By the 5 th day we all seemed to have become animals, because we were robbing, looting, killing, you name it. You should check it out.
---
now its time to get funky
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me